Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Gathering Updates
1 2 ... 132 133 134 135 136 ... 177 178
I have mixed feelings about the "Spare Inventory" thing; on one hand, I'm really excited about recolours of past items! But on the other hand, it'll definitely completely eliminate the need for me to save multiples of festival items to sell later on. Which will mean that I won't have very much to do during festivals, as it's pretty easy to get one copy of everything. :/ I imagine most people will feel the same way, so festival currency will end up even more worthless than it already is during festival weeks.

Edit: Also, making the future festival items not retired and therefore not likely to increase much in value will end up harming new players more than helping them as they'll have nothing to invest in to save up for the older, completely retired items.
I have mixed feelings about the "Spare Inventory" thing; on one hand, I'm really excited about recolours of past items! But on the other hand, it'll definitely completely eliminate the need for me to save multiples of festival items to sell later on. Which will mean that I won't have very much to do during festivals, as it's pretty easy to get one copy of everything. :/ I imagine most people will feel the same way, so festival currency will end up even more worthless than it already is during festival weeks.

Edit: Also, making the future festival items not retired and therefore not likely to increase much in value will end up harming new players more than helping them as they'll have nothing to invest in to save up for the older, completely retired items.
[quote name="Undel" date=2016-06-15 18:48:52] [center] [LIST] [*]35% chance of producing a [b]new[/b] [b]recolor/new color variant of past holiday items[/b] unique to this chest. (initial pool of 4-11 items) [/LIST][br] [/quote] [center][font=sylfaen]I quite enjoy this update, I think it's nice the admin are making it possible for new players to get items no longer in active circulation. But the above point I have issue with. The idea of the spare inventory chests is to allow new players (or old hands who maybe missed a holiday) a chance to get items they weren't here for. This expensive 12 per year chest is a good idea for limiting the amount introduced into circulation. But why then add these items that are exclusive to the chests? It kinda muddies the idea and mixes up the purpose a little. Is it just to encourage old players to fork over the treasure to gamble on getting that one item they're missing? Because the chances are they're never going to get these items. The number of these [i]new[/i] items introduced to the site will be minimal and that doesn't seem logical to me. [b]The reward for old players who have been dedicated in getting the festival items should be NOT having to spend the money on these chests.[/b] They already have the items in it. New players get a reward for buying them in the form of items they weren't here for. Old players can buy them to get extras of things, but [b]for old players, purchasing the chest should be a choice.[/b] Especially when old players have a handicap in that they probably will have most of the items in the pool and the one they want is well and truly outnumbered. Honestly, I'm not against recolours, I just feel that making them exclusive to these chests is a poor move. Make a random pair of them Baldwin brewable at level 20. Have a handful of them drop in Golem Workshop for the week. But - to me - this seems almost like a punishment for old players. Here, have a chance at all these items only three of which you really want but will never get because the odds are against you. Let me be clear: [b]I want the new players to have a shot at things they missed.[/b] I'm here for that and I think it's great, an excellent idea. But holding these chest exclusive items over the heads of people who [i]didn't[/i] miss the festivals feels like punishment more than anything else. Let us buy the chests when we can afford it, to donate to raffles, to send to our mentees, whatever, but don't do this. If you want another treasure sink, expand nesting grounds. [s]You just gave us vistas, those are a great treasure sink.[/s] [s]I feel like this maybe came off too salty, I'm not, mostly just a little peeved that you want me to spend money I don't have on something that will give me an item I already own anyway.[/s] New familiars though! Always love me some new familiars. Off to Baldwin's!
Quote:
  • 35% chance of producing a new recolor/new color variant of past holiday items unique to this chest. (initial pool of 4-11 items)

I quite enjoy this update, I think it's nice the admin are making it possible for new players to get items no longer in active circulation. But the above point I have issue with.

The idea of the spare inventory chests is to allow new players (or old hands who maybe missed a holiday) a chance to get items they weren't here for. This expensive 12 per year chest is a good idea for limiting the amount introduced into circulation. But why then add these items that are exclusive to the chests? It kinda muddies the idea and mixes up the purpose a little. Is it just to encourage old players to fork over the treasure to gamble on getting that one item they're missing? Because the chances are they're never going to get these items. The number of these new items introduced to the site will be minimal and that doesn't seem logical to me.

The reward for old players who have been dedicated in getting the festival items should be NOT having to spend the money on these chests. They already have the items in it. New players get a reward for buying them in the form of items they weren't here for. Old players can buy them to get extras of things, but for old players, purchasing the chest should be a choice. Especially when old players have a handicap in that they probably will have most of the items in the pool and the one they want is well and truly outnumbered.

Honestly, I'm not against recolours, I just feel that making them exclusive to these chests is a poor move. Make a random pair of them Baldwin brewable at level 20. Have a handful of them drop in Golem Workshop for the week. But - to me - this seems almost like a punishment for old players. Here, have a chance at all these items only three of which you really want but will never get because the odds are against you.

Let me be clear: I want the new players to have a shot at things they missed. I'm here for that and I think it's great, an excellent idea. But holding these chest exclusive items over the heads of people who didn't miss the festivals feels like punishment more than anything else. Let us buy the chests when we can afford it, to donate to raffles, to send to our mentees, whatever, but don't do this. If you want another treasure sink, expand nesting grounds. You just gave us vistas, those are a great treasure sink.

I feel like this maybe came off too salty, I'm not, mostly just a little peeved that you want me to spend money I don't have on something that will give me an item I already own anyway.

New familiars though! Always love me some new familiars. Off to Baldwin's!
......................................... tumblr-pa5yx1-Ks-ZM1tecpo4o1-100.png ...
the reliquary
federation-Bar.png
''it's not over yet''
wishlistloreaccentsart
familiar collector • fr +8 • pears!
A once every few years re release of 2013-2014 sprites should be done in my opinion...
Not in a way that the sprites are super common but the prices have become astronomical..

Please consider the new players in the years to come as well as the others who have been here awhile please.. its already hard enough to keep up with everything...
A once every few years re release of 2013-2014 sprites should be done in my opinion...
Not in a way that the sprites are super common but the prices have become astronomical..

Please consider the new players in the years to come as well as the others who have been here awhile please.. its already hard enough to keep up with everything...
tumblr_ntniiySSXm1s781qqo1_250.pngtumblr_nxdfpaik0p1ukywbko4_100.png
YEASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
YEASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
This Slargs so cute! :3
This Slargs so cute! :3
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH FINALLY SOME GRYPHONS OMG

BLESS ADMINS
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH FINALLY SOME GRYPHONS OMG

BLESS ADMINS
___
Lorie / gemini

FR+8

Tn4TEAZ.png
_
_

__ c6nYENf.png __ dcbbuos.png
I like the Joxar plan.
I like the Joxar plan.
No traveling dragons please!
Just work on the bestiary and make it so awakened familiars stay and retired famliars dont' show up!

Still very happy with the update.
Just work on the bestiary and make it so awakened familiars stay and retired famliars dont' show up!

Still very happy with the update.
(tries to type yay!) tar! :p

but no, srsly, yay!
(tries to type yay!) tar! :p

but no, srsly, yay!
I was unsure at first, but I think the Spare Inventory is a good idea. And I'm also desperately hoping for some sprite recolours! OR KICKSTARTER RECOLOURS. Yes please. :D
I was unsure at first, but I think the Spare Inventory is a good idea. And I'm also desperately hoping for some sprite recolours! OR KICKSTARTER RECOLOURS. Yes please. :D
1 2 ... 132 133 134 135 136 ... 177 178