Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Gathering Updates
1 2 ... 130 131 132 133 134 ... 177 178
[quote name="Turnaboutkid" date=2016-06-16 00:36:14] To everyone who's saying that a balanced re-release would affect value that much, wouldn't a chance of an item or two a year being released into circulation be pretty much the same as if a collector or old user just decided to sell one they'd been keeping? Otherwise, things are just going to keep skyrocketing until they're all locked away in collections or dead accounts. And perma-binding familiars to bestiaries like some have been suggesting would put them back in circulation, sure, but that is the proposal that would result in severe depreciation, because it would mean way more than a couple people suddenly being free to sell. [/quote] Quoted for truth. Also, frankly, the new items will always be worth less than the old items as there were less players around when the old items were created. In short, I really hope that people see that the lower prices of the 2017 set isn't just the chests.... it's a combo of factors! This is a good start. Now, what about the hundreds of other items newbies can't get?
Turnaboutkid wrote on 2016-06-16:
To everyone who's saying that a balanced re-release would affect value that much, wouldn't a chance of an item or two a year being released into circulation be pretty much the same as if a collector or old user just decided to sell one they'd been keeping? Otherwise, things are just going to keep skyrocketing until they're all locked away in collections or dead accounts. And perma-binding familiars to bestiaries like some have been suggesting would put them back in circulation, sure, but that is the proposal that would result in severe depreciation, because it would mean way more than a couple people suddenly being free to sell.

Quoted for truth.

Also, frankly, the new items will always be worth less than the old items as there were less players around when the old items were created. In short, I really hope that people see that the lower prices of the 2017 set isn't just the chests.... it's a combo of factors! This is a good start. Now, what about the hundreds of other items newbies can't get?
2q1bbjm.png302ngoh.png2ika7f9.png2zg87ib.png
Oh dang, I love the idea for festival items!

Also new vistas and familiars, aww yis.
Oh dang, I love the idea for festival items!

Also new vistas and familiars, aww yis.
@Morigan
Oh no, you're totally fine. It's nice to have a reasonable discussion.

I would also support never having KS items go back into circulation. People risked real money to get this game off the ground and I respect that - it'd be a complete slap in the face to have those exclusive items available to people who didn't take that chance.

But I would love for the sprites to come back.. It is a bummer that I and others have to pay ever-increasing absurd prices to acquire the sprites which are going to fade out of circulation sooner or later and be on the level of the legendary Light Sprite.

As for all those people who complain about their hard work invalidated, I'm pretty sure FR has learned its lesson from the bear-pocalypse. If they could release sprites at a low enough rate that current inflation is slowed, I'd happy. If inflation stopped and sprites prices were maintained, I'd be ecstatic. I would totally fork out 10mil for that Fire Sprite. But by the time I GET 10mil, it'd have gone up another couple mil.
@Morigan
Oh no, you're totally fine. It's nice to have a reasonable discussion.

I would also support never having KS items go back into circulation. People risked real money to get this game off the ground and I respect that - it'd be a complete slap in the face to have those exclusive items available to people who didn't take that chance.

But I would love for the sprites to come back.. It is a bummer that I and others have to pay ever-increasing absurd prices to acquire the sprites which are going to fade out of circulation sooner or later and be on the level of the legendary Light Sprite.

As for all those people who complain about their hard work invalidated, I'm pretty sure FR has learned its lesson from the bear-pocalypse. If they could release sprites at a low enough rate that current inflation is slowed, I'd happy. If inflation stopped and sprites prices were maintained, I'd be ecstatic. I would totally fork out 10mil for that Fire Sprite. But by the time I GET 10mil, it'd have gone up another couple mil.
hFT3jNj.png6Hk7Zjx.gif
INTERESTING

gonna get dem slime lizards
INTERESTING

gonna get dem slime lizards
tumblr_nl9i0za9u11u4ouz5o5_r3_250.pngtumblr_nl9i0za9u11u4ouz5o6_r2_250.png
tumblr_nl9i0za9u11u4ouz5o7_r2_250.pngtumblr_nl9i0za9u11u4ouz5o8_r2_250.png
FR +8 FR tumblr
As someone who does not have a lot of time to sink into Treasure hording. The seasonal skins and such are more than enough stress on my Treasure hord. To add another costly Treasure sink that I likely would be interested for random recolors that I likely would not be able to get just makes this a not so great thing to me. But hey I don't have to spend my Treasure on it if I don't want to.

Love the slime lizards/dinos and the new griffons look great!
As someone who does not have a lot of time to sink into Treasure hording. The seasonal skins and such are more than enough stress on my Treasure hord. To add another costly Treasure sink that I likely would be interested for random recolors that I likely would not be able to get just makes this a not so great thing to me. But hey I don't have to spend my Treasure on it if I don't want to.

Love the slime lizards/dinos and the new griffons look great!
@DrowsyPanda
Honestly, I don´t see much difference between KS and sprites. They are both unavailable, insanely hard to get items, that some people still do manage to buy as it is now(often using bought gems, but not always either). And no matter how much you limit the re-release, for those people to learn they could have just waited and their quest for the sprite would have gotten much easier... well, it´s just not fair, I think.
@DrowsyPanda
Honestly, I don´t see much difference between KS and sprites. They are both unavailable, insanely hard to get items, that some people still do manage to buy as it is now(often using bought gems, but not always either). And no matter how much you limit the re-release, for those people to learn they could have just waited and their quest for the sprite would have gotten much easier... well, it´s just not fair, I think.
:D Yaaay Baldwin vistas.
We really love the retirement plan for future items. Hopefully it works out well :D
:D Yaaay Baldwin vistas.
We really love the retirement plan for future items. Hopefully it works out well :D
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
Wow
Wow
yO
yO
ArtShopSignature_Split_1.png ............. ArtShopSignature_Split_2.png
Yay~!
Yay~!
VAAnkLY.png
1 2 ... 130 131 132 133 134 ... 177 178