Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Community Update, May 2016
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 47 48
welcome new mods! also glad to see that there's finally a final say in that major debate about exalting dragons. geez.
welcome new mods! also glad to see that there's finally a final say in that major debate about exalting dragons. geez.
yD1jAD8.png
The only thing I ever request from players is that they NAME my dragons just in case they do want to exalt them -- as long as I've been paid and as long as the dragon has a name, I'm satisfied!
The only thing I ever request from players is that they NAME my dragons just in case they do want to exalt them -- as long as I've been paid and as long as the dragon has a name, I'm satisfied!

They/them, +0 FR time
Xd23BYL.gif
x363j0D.pngCsWpUgY.png Fandragon Wishlist
Sketches for gems
TCgSL.gif
[Quote] As of Friday, May 27, 2016, any thread, post, private message, dragon profile, or clan profile demanding or requiring receiving players to play how the seller wants may be closed, removed, or redacted in accordance to our rules pertaining to harassment. We are giving players with any existing threads, posts or profiles of this nature a chance to make the necessary changes.[/quote] Every day this place becomes less and less like the harpg community over at deviantart. Thank windsinger... [img]http://orig13.deviantart.net/0a66/f/2013/265/f/b/windsingertwirl_by_seasonfluff-d6nd2mh.gif[/img]
Quote:
As of Friday, May 27, 2016, any thread, post, private message, dragon profile, or clan profile demanding or requiring receiving players to play how the seller wants may be closed, removed, or redacted in accordance to our rules pertaining to harassment. We are giving players with any existing threads, posts or profiles of this nature a chance to make the necessary changes.

Every day this place becomes less and less like the harpg community over at deviantart. Thank windsinger...

windsingertwirl_by_seasonfluff-d6nd2mh.gif
What does this mean for the ADOPTONS FREE DRAGONS thread though? It has a rule against exalting, except I think that only refers to profit exalting right away.
What does this mean for the ADOPTONS FREE DRAGONS thread though? It has a rule against exalting, except I think that only refers to profit exalting right away.
poor thing... needs to update his forum signature and hasn't yet. oh well!
Thanks for the official stance on the exalting/no exalting trends going on. I know it's been a huge discussion with my friends as well.
Thanks for the official stance on the exalting/no exalting trends going on. I know it's been a huge discussion with my friends as well.
JqboqBK.png
Earth and Wind share my Heart
Quote:
As of Friday, May 27, 2016, any thread, post, private message, dragon profile, or clan profile demanding or requiring receiving players to play how the seller wants may be closed, removed, or redacted in accordance to our rules pertaining to harassment. We are giving players with any existing threads, posts or profiles of this nature a chance to make the necessary changes.

THANK
Quote:

THANK
[quote name="Wookieinmashoo" date=2016-05-20 09:43:49] Wait, this exalt thing was an issue? I mean if someone's disappointed, fine, but people are being harassed? If you don't want people exalting your dragons, then don't sell dragons. They're just a png, it's not a big deal. To think that needed to be addressed in the news of the site is really funny. [/quote] It's been an issue since launch, actually, and keep in mind, there is a very large community of varying ages and backgrounds. Some people have invested time, possibly money, and effort into pairs, and having them exalted out of spite is disheartening. Also, younger folks (And we do have folks here as young as 13-14, and that's a tenuous age) can be more sensitive to perceived spiteful actions like spite-exalting, which happens a LOT when people see that it causes distress. While I agree, that if you absolutely don't want anything happening to the dragons you breed, don't sell them, or don't breed them, but at the same time, things like naming a dragon a hurtful name and immediately exalting them repeatedly from the same user is excessive and unnecessary.
Wookieinmashoo wrote on 2016-05-20:
Wait, this exalt thing was an issue? I mean if someone's disappointed, fine, but people are being harassed?

If you don't want people exalting your dragons, then don't sell dragons. They're just a png, it's not a big deal. To think that needed to be addressed in the news of the site is really funny.

It's been an issue since launch, actually, and keep in mind, there is a very large community of varying ages and backgrounds. Some people have invested time, possibly money, and effort into pairs, and having them exalted out of spite is disheartening. Also, younger folks (And we do have folks here as young as 13-14, and that's a tenuous age) can be more sensitive to perceived spiteful actions like spite-exalting, which happens a LOT when people see that it causes distress.

While I agree, that if you absolutely don't want anything happening to the dragons you breed, don't sell them, or don't breed them, but at the same time, things like naming a dragon a hurtful name and immediately exalting them repeatedly from the same user is excessive and unnecessary.
3bbc629075881e863e3343269e0d55ff28954b3a.png1f98933c3a1bf47d30c72c4799c0721a8cb4b840.pngb82c20c3c1ab36103b78411ad7251d93ac85465d.png55eefd6df9de60bdf7af3aa7a5df89316e2902b5.pnga97e47ce05a625f0f14943b39c8d12c355e5bc4d.png22843204c52cb82bb562b52cb80027c23d64845c.png68bc15ec4104340fa8341ae74bf814f32d8064bd.png...62Fzp5M.png
God bless the new stance on exalting. Now I don't have to worry about being harassed if I buy a dragon that I like initially but then want to exalt later on down the road >.>
God bless the new stance on exalting. Now I don't have to worry about being harassed if I buy a dragon that I like initially but then want to exalt later on down the road >.>
g7boK5H.pngZ56llRE.pngnmpR0ff.png
yay
yay
tumblr_otoz8r9aVl1v8lm95o3_r1_100.gif15297.png16453.png_______________ AO6x9Go.gif8fuzhUG.gif
Quote:
The Solution: In order for us to investigate the possibility of targeted harassment we need to address the other part of the issue. As of Friday, May 27, 2016, any thread, post, private message, dragon profile, or clan profile demanding or requiring receiving players to play how the seller wants may be closed, removed, or redacted in accordance to our rules pertaining to harassment. We are giving players with any existing threads, posts or profiles of this nature a chance to make the necessary changes.

The team feels that this is something we should have been enforcing from the start. Because we didn’t, our inaction has contributed to this situation. For that, we apologize to our community as a whole.

BLESS THIS. BLESS THAT APOLOGY AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF A PROBLEM AND BLESS YOU FOR FIXING IT. This caused such a divide over the community and now we have a hard-standing, defined answer to the "DNE" issue on both sides. This means so much and I'm so happy the staff addressed this- maybe now we can collectively move on from those shenanigans. I'm so happy that this was addressed, and I appreciate it thoroughly
Quote:
The Solution: In order for us to investigate the possibility of targeted harassment we need to address the other part of the issue. As of Friday, May 27, 2016, any thread, post, private message, dragon profile, or clan profile demanding or requiring receiving players to play how the seller wants may be closed, removed, or redacted in accordance to our rules pertaining to harassment. We are giving players with any existing threads, posts or profiles of this nature a chance to make the necessary changes.

The team feels that this is something we should have been enforcing from the start. Because we didn’t, our inaction has contributed to this situation. For that, we apologize to our community as a whole.

BLESS THIS. BLESS THAT APOLOGY AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF A PROBLEM AND BLESS YOU FOR FIXING IT. This caused such a divide over the community and now we have a hard-standing, defined answer to the "DNE" issue on both sides. This means so much and I'm so happy the staff addressed this- maybe now we can collectively move on from those shenanigans. I'm so happy that this was addressed, and I appreciate it thoroughly
image.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 47 48