Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Community Update, May 2016
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 47 48
Im slightly confused sorry ;;

Can you 'politely ask' people to consider keeping the dragon without exalting (ie not forcing people to adhere or banning people who exalt) or can you simply not request/ask anything at all? ;o
Im slightly confused sorry ;;

Can you 'politely ask' people to consider keeping the dragon without exalting (ie not forcing people to adhere or banning people who exalt) or can you simply not request/ask anything at all? ;o
IQytWob.pngHsC5pKt.pngo7xvQOs.pngvRGclZH.pngquxrQVl.png5HVntr3.pngIQytWob.png
@Aequorin

Okay, good! :D Thank you for answering my questions.
@Aequorin

Okay, good! :D Thank you for answering my questions.
poor thing... needs to update his forum signature and hasn't yet. oh well!
@Ingressor - In all seriousness, if people raise prices in their hatcheries-- that's their choice. I have many careful pairs in mine, but I consistently sell around 10k unless I really like a kid, cause selling higher takes too long! Haha. It isn't a huge deal. Dragon selling isn't the main way to make cash-- exalting/item selling/coli is more so. =)
@Ingressor - In all seriousness, if people raise prices in their hatcheries-- that's their choice. I have many careful pairs in mine, but I consistently sell around 10k unless I really like a kid, cause selling higher takes too long! Haha. It isn't a huge deal. Dragon selling isn't the main way to make cash-- exalting/item selling/coli is more so. =)
0BrAWFT.png8sbZLoS.png
[quote name="TheHeroicOne" date=2016-05-20 09:55:55] Is it also still okay to check in before exalting just to make sure? Sometimes if I remember who I got the dragon from I'll tell them I'm exalting it just to see if they want it back. [/quote] @TheHeroicOne That's fine because it's something you, the person who [i]owns the dragon[/i] has decided to do. The issues is when the dragon is no longer in your possession and you're trying to force the owner to do what you want.
TheHeroicOne wrote on 2016-05-20:
Is it also still okay to check in before exalting just to make sure? Sometimes if I remember who I got the dragon from I'll tell them I'm exalting it just to see if they want it back.
@TheHeroicOne
That's fine because it's something you, the person who owns the dragon has decided to do. The issues is when the dragon is no longer in your possession and you're trying to force the owner to do what you want.
JYOY.png
Cool
Cool
Uh, so. That Rockbreaker recipe contest, did people get their prizes in the end? Can't help but notice that the last page of the thread sounded like they didn't.

Also, what's the status on things like naming dragons "DontExalt"? Would that be against the rules?
Uh, so. That Rockbreaker recipe contest, did people get their prizes in the end? Can't help but notice that the last page of the thread sounded like they didn't.

Also, what's the status on things like naming dragons "DontExalt"? Would that be against the rules?
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
Thanks for the clarification, and although I never had a problem with this discussion, I find it very admirable that you chose this situation to apologize for those that did have a problem! That's exactly the sort of maturity I look for in site admins. :D

On another note; a profile note that says "This is an exalting lair, write me a PM if you don't want your dragon to be exalted and I'll sell it back" (and similar) is still okay, I assume; and if someone takes offer that up and writes to that person "Hi can I buy xy back if you exalt it?" is okay, whereas writing this to a person who doesn't have a note in their profile would be inappropriate according to the rules now, yeah?
Thanks for the clarification, and although I never had a problem with this discussion, I find it very admirable that you chose this situation to apologize for those that did have a problem! That's exactly the sort of maturity I look for in site admins. :D

On another note; a profile note that says "This is an exalting lair, write me a PM if you don't want your dragon to be exalted and I'll sell it back" (and similar) is still okay, I assume; and if someone takes offer that up and writes to that person "Hi can I buy xy back if you exalt it?" is okay, whereas writing this to a person who doesn't have a note in their profile would be inappropriate according to the rules now, yeah?
Please ping @Philli
2 I , 2 L :)
Welcome new mods and best wishes to Loddie!

That coli patience test has peaked my interest.
Welcome new mods and best wishes to Loddie!

That coli patience test has peaked my interest.
An official stance is good! I always feel bad, because I buy dragons for accents, try it and sometimes they don't fit. I probably get lots of people wondering 'why did she buy my 75k dragon just to exalt it?' and now I don't have to fear the once inevitable angry PM.

Also congrats to the new mods! Lots of familiar faces there, some really good people!
An official stance is good! I always feel bad, because I buy dragons for accents, try it and sometimes they don't fit. I probably get lots of people wondering 'why did she buy my 75k dragon just to exalt it?' and now I don't have to fear the once inevitable angry PM.

Also congrats to the new mods! Lots of familiar faces there, some really good people!
Calathea-elderflower.png
Loving the flight holiday recaps.
Loving the flight holiday recaps.
[img][/img]bNYcQR6.gif

Goal: 4.25/10 mil in hoard. 800/2,000 gems.
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 47 48