Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Stained: A Tertiary Gene
1 2 ... 100 101 102 103 104 ... 116 117
Bit simple for a gem-priced gene? .n. Don't really feel like I'm getting my money's worth with this.
Bit simple for a gem-priced gene? .n. Don't really feel like I'm getting my money's worth with this.
jtQ03qQ.png
I still very much like the gene and the purpose it fills. I was hoping for a tert such as this..... I'm excited to play with it more once the new color wheel comes out.

It makes me sad to see so much.....I'm not sure hate is the right word exactly.......people being contentious. I understand differences in opinion happen, but geeez....Come to say how happy you are with a new release and realize it'd probably be unwelcome given the atmosphere of the thread.

Talk about raining on a parade. Drama Rising indeed.
I still very much like the gene and the purpose it fills. I was hoping for a tert such as this..... I'm excited to play with it more once the new color wheel comes out.

It makes me sad to see so much.....I'm not sure hate is the right word exactly.......people being contentious. I understand differences in opinion happen, but geeez....Come to say how happy you are with a new release and realize it'd probably be unwelcome given the atmosphere of the thread.

Talk about raining on a parade. Drama Rising indeed.
Alright, been reading the thread on and off since the announcement. People have brought up good points and bad points and I figure it's time to add my two cents.

I'll be honest, I actually really like Stained. I think it has a lot of potential and could be a wonderful answer for a few of my dragons terts.
However, I'm not willing to pay cash for it. Or break my wrist trying to get the 800k it'll be in treasure from the treasure-gem conversion rate.
I am not willing to pay 12 bucks of cash for a color filter. It's a good idea, I like it. But it has no business being a gem gene. It has no business being on the same rarity tier as Glimmer and Circuit. It should be on the same tier as Underbelly.
Alright, been reading the thread on and off since the announcement. People have brought up good points and bad points and I figure it's time to add my two cents.

I'll be honest, I actually really like Stained. I think it has a lot of potential and could be a wonderful answer for a few of my dragons terts.
However, I'm not willing to pay cash for it. Or break my wrist trying to get the 800k it'll be in treasure from the treasure-gem conversion rate.
I am not willing to pay 12 bucks of cash for a color filter. It's a good idea, I like it. But it has no business being a gem gene. It has no business being on the same rarity tier as Glimmer and Circuit. It should be on the same tier as Underbelly.
#UnnamedIsValid
My pronouns are xe/xim/xir/xirself.
Wishlist on the dragon
61671499.png Dragon Purchase Preference Poll
Closes 12:01 server time. Sept 1st.
It might be a little expensive, but what it does is right out awesome!

I've been looking for something like this for a long time, because I think most of the Tertiary Genes are a little too much, especially if you already have a rather vivid primary and secondary Gene on a Dragon, such as Vipera or Seraph. Stained is rather subtle, but it can make magnificent effects and for me that's worth saving for.
It might be a little expensive, but what it does is right out awesome!

I've been looking for something like this for a long time, because I think most of the Tertiary Genes are a little too much, especially if you already have a rather vivid primary and secondary Gene on a Dragon, such as Vipera or Seraph. Stained is rather subtle, but it can make magnificent effects and for me that's worth saving for.
2u8xwub.png
i dont like the gene, but the familiars i do
i dont like the gene, but the familiars i do
button_by_cas_a_fras-dan3wqn.png[/url] oKsjxts.png
It's a great simple gene, but not really worth the price of admission :P
It's a great simple gene, but not really worth the price of admission :P
Social Links: Bluesky | Tumblr | Cohost | Inkblot | Ko-fi
For those of you saying "but this gene creates all these new colours we don't have", some of us don't like that. I, personally, don't want to buy a dragon that only looks the way it does because of Stained. Why? It makes the colours a lie, basically. You can't have those colours unless you mix it with that particular colour of Stained. It just... doesn't feel right to me. I would rather have those colours on their own that made because of some over-priced tertiary. It really does not belong beside Glimmer and Circuit. It's rather an insult to those beautiful genes. It may not look bad, but I would rather my progen look like this: [img]http://flightrising.com/image_generators/dragonpic2.php?body=23&wing=28&style=3&gender=0&ages=1&prig=5&secg=6&tert=51&elem=4&tertgene=5&spec=prev.png[/img] Than this: [img]http://flightrising.com/image_generators/dragonpic2.php?body=23&wing=28&style=3&gender=0&ages=1&prig=5&secg=6&tert=51&elem=4&tertgene=12&spec=prev.png[/img] Like, he looks okay, but I still dislike how he only looks like that because of a tertiary. I would rather his tertiary be obvious and have his secondary and primary visible.
For those of you saying "but this gene creates all these new colours we don't have", some of us don't like that. I, personally, don't want to buy a dragon that only looks the way it does because of Stained. Why? It makes the colours a lie, basically. You can't have those colours unless you mix it with that particular colour of Stained. It just... doesn't feel right to me. I would rather have those colours on their own that made because of some over-priced tertiary. It really does not belong beside Glimmer and Circuit. It's rather an insult to those beautiful genes.

It may not look bad, but I would rather my progen look like this:
dragonpic2.php?body=23&wing=28&style=3&gender=0&ages=1&prig=5&secg=6&tert=51&elem=4&tertgene=5&spec=prev.png

Than this:
dragonpic2.php?body=23&wing=28&style=3&gender=0&ages=1&prig=5&secg=6&tert=51&elem=4&tertgene=12&spec=prev.png

Like, he looks okay, but I still dislike how he only looks like that because of a tertiary. I would rather his tertiary be obvious and have his secondary and primary visible.
mlHpBMC.png
9hqcHsy.png
ZxAR91S.png
HkZAJYc.png
watervs1.pngHbzShnh.pngmbWgKmD.pngwatershieldr.png
too expensive... should 100% be a treasure gene
too expensive... should 100% be a treasure gene
I want to collect all of the seaslugs. All of them.
I want to collect all of the seaslugs. All of them.
tumblr_nnjlsxPcwR1uoa86qo1_250.png
Beautiful
Beautiful
r7LsxK2.png
1 2 ... 100 101 102 103 104 ... 116 117