Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Thylacine: A new tertiary gene!
1 2 ... 83 84 85 86 87 ... 94 95
What a gorgeous fish and items:)
What a gorgeous fish and items:)
avCILE1.png
I really love what you're trying to do with this in theory, but the glow is a little too much. I feel that Thylacine only really works well if it's particularly dark against its primary; that and I see an error on male Wildclaws where there's a kinda blocky outline that needs to be fixed.

I was scrying up some ideas as well and I mean... really, you could use it for eyeburners yeah (I myself am a fan of them) but it's kinda got the same feel as Hypnotic did when it came out. Really a hit-and-miss kinda gene where it only really works against iridescent which, even then, is a gamble for offspring.

...I really want to love this gene, I really really do, but it may take some getting used to. May I just need to experiment more.
I really love what you're trying to do with this in theory, but the glow is a little too much. I feel that Thylacine only really works well if it's particularly dark against its primary; that and I see an error on male Wildclaws where there's a kinda blocky outline that needs to be fixed.

I was scrying up some ideas as well and I mean... really, you could use it for eyeburners yeah (I myself am a fan of them) but it's kinda got the same feel as Hypnotic did when it came out. Really a hit-and-miss kinda gene where it only really works against iridescent which, even then, is a gamble for offspring.

...I really want to love this gene, I really really do, but it may take some getting used to. May I just need to experiment more.
Bb9XFYa.png
xrdZoYH.png
pZJYyk4.png
sbmtjDC.png
kncGB4g.gif
suFrgfl.png
l8NOdbs.png
ZwbGqUa.png
ElKYM7J.png
Y7MOfeL.png
GdVZ87H.png
SZfmfRv.png
ursula.gif]/columns]
I just want to thank you so much for this new gene. The thylacine is my favourite animal and I never thought I'd see representation of them on a pet site. Thank you, thank you. <3
I just want to thank you so much for this new gene. The thylacine is my favourite animal and I never thought I'd see representation of them on a pet site. Thank you, thank you. <3
For everyone still arguing about this, look: Just gonna grab the first random dergs that pop up in the AH... nice, defined stripes: [img]http://puu.sh/mpRaX/8c80e993c0.jpg[/img] ehhh, still ok: [img]http://puu.sh/mpReq/83cc67691e.jpg[/img] what the heck "I used the spray paint tool too much" blurry fuzzy mess: [img]http://puu.sh/mpRhB/2fd8c24e01.jpg[/img] I like this gene but you can't argue there's not a problem. There is clearly a problem and the FR team really should correct it. :/
For everyone still arguing about this, look:

Just gonna grab the first random dergs that pop up in the AH...

nice, defined stripes:
8c80e993c0.jpg
ehhh, still ok:
83cc67691e.jpg
what the heck "I used the spray paint tool too much" blurry fuzzy mess:
2fd8c24e01.jpg

I like this gene but you can't argue there's not a problem. There is clearly a problem and the FR team really should correct it. :/
5hF3FGk.png
i1iQAE3.pngsoR20oU.pngthnU95R.pngoaolHwW.pngpixil-frame-0133.png
@Areater can you link the thread? Because I've looked at all the 'problem' colors again and the issues are still there.
@Areater can you link the thread? Because I've looked at all the 'problem' colors again and the issues are still there.
[quote name="Right" date=2016-01-09 09:40:40] It seems to me that some colours have too solid an opacity. You can't see the stripes in some of the ranges, especially on dark colours. Particularly with Ice, Platinum, Silver, Grey, Coal, Shadow, Thistle, Lavender, Purple, Storm, Splash, Stonewash, Caribbean, Aqua, Jade, Goldenrod, Orange, Sand, Beige, Brown, Crimson, Carmine, & Pink This is very prevalent on snappers, wildclaws, skydancers, nocturnes, imperials, spirals, ridgebacks, pearlcatchers, mirrors, guardians and fae (though less noticeable on coatls and tundras) That being said I think the only way I enjoy this gene is on light primary & secondary dragons with basic or iri/shimmer genes. It clashes too much with all existing genes for me to pair it with any of the others. I've seen some gorgeous ones on here though. Especially when all three colours are similar, because that natural softer, subtler look really suits the gene more. I'm just sad it doesn't suit any of my current dragons. I wish it was just the stripes without the gradient. Because it would be amazing for brown dragons if not for the fact that every gradient is far too light to blend nicely into the dark colours of brown, dark green or any other dark coloured dragon. [/quote]
Right wrote on 2016-01-09:
It seems to me that some colours have too solid an opacity. You can't see the stripes in some of the ranges, especially on dark colours.

Particularly with Ice, Platinum, Silver, Grey, Coal, Shadow, Thistle, Lavender, Purple, Storm, Splash, Stonewash, Caribbean, Aqua, Jade, Goldenrod, Orange, Sand, Beige, Brown, Crimson, Carmine, & Pink

This is very prevalent on snappers, wildclaws, skydancers, nocturnes, imperials, spirals, ridgebacks, pearlcatchers, mirrors, guardians and fae (though less noticeable on coatls and tundras)

That being said I think the only way I enjoy this gene is on light primary & secondary dragons with basic or iri/shimmer genes. It clashes too much with all existing genes for me to pair it with any of the others. I've seen some gorgeous ones on here though. Especially when all three colours are similar, because that natural softer, subtler look really suits the gene more.

I'm just sad it doesn't suit any of my current dragons. I wish it was just the stripes without the gradient. Because it would be amazing for brown dragons if not for the fact that every gradient is far too light to blend nicely into the dark colours of brown, dark green or any other dark coloured dragon.
@Undel
Heyo, mistake or not, I wanted to say that I think the new gene looks great. Even on combinations where the gradient is really strong, it still looks good to me. I love were it dulls Cry/Face, I like that it looks like the fur/feathers/scales seems to change like you'd see in nature on patterned genes like Cherub. Ice and Sky and the lighter shades on darker shades all look like frost or moss or magic is crawling across the dragon, and I love that effect.
If it is broken and it gets fixed, then I'll still love it, and I appreciate the work you guys did. Thanks for the new Tert! Can't wait for more new stuff.
@Undel
Heyo, mistake or not, I wanted to say that I think the new gene looks great. Even on combinations where the gradient is really strong, it still looks good to me. I love were it dulls Cry/Face, I like that it looks like the fur/feathers/scales seems to change like you'd see in nature on patterned genes like Cherub. Ice and Sky and the lighter shades on darker shades all look like frost or moss or magic is crawling across the dragon, and I love that effect.
If it is broken and it gets fixed, then I'll still love it, and I appreciate the work you guys did. Thanks for the new Tert! Can't wait for more new stuff.
Ping me pretty please! I love seeing responses!
Guys.
GUYS.

I got a Toolbox. Wat do? I'm doing a chest challenge (I'm trying to hoard all the chests I get and open them next year on my bday, not including Broken Bottles and Holiday Chests) so normally I would put it in my vault, but since it's my first one, should I open it to see what's inside? Or can someone tell me what's inside?

Edit: Got a second one and opened it. One toolbox gives 215 treasure
Guys.
GUYS.

I got a Toolbox. Wat do? I'm doing a chest challenge (I'm trying to hoard all the chests I get and open them next year on my bday, not including Broken Bottles and Holiday Chests) so normally I would put it in my vault, but since it's my first one, should I open it to see what's inside? Or can someone tell me what's inside?

Edit: Got a second one and opened it. One toolbox gives 215 treasure
1uCNaW7.pngTTTUSP9.pngueG66KW.pngxjP79Zx.pngO0Pbuvo.png
!!! FISH!!!
!!! FISH!!!
ohh i like those fish
ohh i like those fish
santos | he/him | +4 FR time
1 2 ... 83 84 85 86 87 ... 94 95