Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Thylacine: A new tertiary gene!
1 2 ... 81 82 83 84 85 ... 94 95
[quote name="Chills" date=2016-01-09 07:51:41] for those of you who've been complaining about the gene: simply don't get it. It's not like FR is going to change it just because people are making a fuss. NOW LET'S FOCUS ON THOSE GORGEOUS FAMILIARS [/quote] It's actually already been changed on wildclaws, so c: I love the new familiars. Really do. But that gene must be fixed. If FR thinks that is quality work right there, and they keep handing us things like that, I might quit in the near future.
Chills wrote on 2016-01-09:
for those of you who've been complaining about the gene: simply don't get it.

It's not like FR is going to change it just because people are making a fuss.

NOW LET'S FOCUS ON THOSE GORGEOUS FAMILIARS
It's actually already been changed on wildclaws, so c:

I love the new familiars. Really do. But that gene must be fixed. If FR thinks that is quality work right there, and they keep handing us things like that, I might quit in the near future.
all of my hoards are located here! // free level twenty-four cauldron!
tumblr_inline_nfx4qkzLCB1r6zydg.png
Favorite tert.

Finally I was waiting for a back and wing gene
Favorite tert.

Finally I was waiting for a back and wing gene
17539_s.gif
AMAZING! <3
AMAZING! <3
O B E Y.
6cpJCwl.png
It seems to me that some colours have too solid an opacity. You can't see the stripes in some of the ranges, especially on dark colours.

Particularly with Ice, Platinum, Silver, Grey, Coal, Shadow, Thistle, Lavender, Purple, Storm, Splash, Stonewash, Caribbean, Aqua, Jade, Goldenrod, Orange, Sand, Beige, Brown, Crimson, Carmine, & Pink

This is very prevalent on snappers, wildclaws, skydancers, nocturnes, imperials, spirals, ridgebacks, pearlcatchers, mirrors, guardians and fae (though less noticeable on coatls and tundras)

That being said I think the only way I enjoy this gene is on light primary & secondary dragons with basic or iri/shimmer genes. It clashes too much with all existing genes for me to pair it with any of the others. I've seen some gorgeous ones on here though. Especially when all three colours are similar, because that natural softer, subtler look really suits the gene more.

I'm just sad it doesn't suit any of my current dragons. I wish it was just the stripes without the gradient. Because it would be amazing for brown dragons if not for the fact that every gradient is far too light to blend nicely into the dark colours of brown, dark green or any other dark coloured dragon.
It seems to me that some colours have too solid an opacity. You can't see the stripes in some of the ranges, especially on dark colours.

Particularly with Ice, Platinum, Silver, Grey, Coal, Shadow, Thistle, Lavender, Purple, Storm, Splash, Stonewash, Caribbean, Aqua, Jade, Goldenrod, Orange, Sand, Beige, Brown, Crimson, Carmine, & Pink

This is very prevalent on snappers, wildclaws, skydancers, nocturnes, imperials, spirals, ridgebacks, pearlcatchers, mirrors, guardians and fae (though less noticeable on coatls and tundras)

That being said I think the only way I enjoy this gene is on light primary & secondary dragons with basic or iri/shimmer genes. It clashes too much with all existing genes for me to pair it with any of the others. I've seen some gorgeous ones on here though. Especially when all three colours are similar, because that natural softer, subtler look really suits the gene more.

I'm just sad it doesn't suit any of my current dragons. I wish it was just the stripes without the gradient. Because it would be amazing for brown dragons if not for the fact that every gradient is far too light to blend nicely into the dark colours of brown, dark green or any other dark coloured dragon.
tumblr_inline_nk71ax46vd1qg2i5p.pngLA7PDHw.png
@Undel "[...] vivid stripes and fades across the back [...]"... Uh... I think your fade is broke? Or the stripes kinda died. Was this an error? Looks very error'd.
@Undel "[...] vivid stripes and fades across the back [...]"... Uh... I think your fade is broke? Or the stripes kinda died. Was this an error? Looks very error'd.
tumblr_inline_nkv3lxj0hb1qg2i5p.png CALL
1-800
Crystalbelly
NOW!!!

#AllTheRainbows
#ClickHereForMore
Okay I still don't like how it looks with some colors but it's perfect for Venom my G1 spiral. It looks kinda like war paint. He's ready for battle. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19725495] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/197255/19725495_350.png[/img] [/url]
Okay I still don't like how it looks with some colors but it's perfect for Venom my G1 spiral. It looks kinda like war paint. He's ready for battle.

19725495_350.png
I think it would have been better without the gradient, but it works well with some colors. It clashes with the Cherub gene too much for me to get it but the stripes are nice
I think it would have been better without the gradient, but it works well with some colors. It clashes with the Cherub gene too much for me to get it but the stripes are nice
30286239.png57443021.png74476387.png66128842.png
I went to go check on the price of it and I must be blind because I can't find it.
I went to go check on the price of it and I must be blind because I can't find it.
kRCYdmy.jpg
@TetraHollows Do you mean you can't find it in the Marketplace, or you can't find the price on the item? Not all items stock in the Marketplace at all times, and new genes tend to be snapped up. An easy way to find the price is to hover over the gene in the announcement and add a zero, since apparel, genes, etc. always sell for ten times their autosell price.
@TetraHollows Do you mean you can't find it in the Marketplace, or you can't find the price on the item? Not all items stock in the Marketplace at all times, and new genes tend to be snapped up. An easy way to find the price is to hover over the gene in the announcement and add a zero, since apparel, genes, etc. always sell for ten times their autosell price.
WKtl2lb.png
1YB0OjO.png
RUGBzP5.png
jQub7yI.png
wAfJ7Bn.png
reHWBXk.png
lSyxazy.png
p19HCH0.png
I was so excited about the new gene and then I got a great idea. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19713606] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/197137/19713606_350.png[/img] [/url] Introducing Wasp! I spent about half of my funds (because I'm poor) buying him and Thylacine, but I am super satisfied! Maybe, when I have treasure again, I'll breedchange him into a spiral, but for now I like him.
I was so excited about the new gene and then I got a great idea.

19713606_350.png

Introducing Wasp!

I spent about half of my funds (because I'm poor) buying him and Thylacine, but I am super satisfied! Maybe, when I have treasure again, I'll breedchange him into a spiral, but for now I like him.
windflight1.png
1 2 ... 81 82 83 84 85 ... 94 95