Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Thylacine: A new tertiary gene!
1 2 ... 84 85 86 87 88 ... 94 95
@Zalcoti

Ooh, that could be fun! One problem is that I have no idea how to tie them in with our lore. Hmm... would it be too much of a stretch to call them "Bugs in the System?"
@Zalcoti

Ooh, that could be fun! One problem is that I have no idea how to tie them in with our lore. Hmm... would it be too much of a stretch to call them "Bugs in the System?"
windflight1.png
@AndiBanandi

Well, it doesn't have to be flight specific since it looks decent as any element.
@AndiBanandi

Well, it doesn't have to be flight specific since it looks decent as any element.
tumblr_ndzarciqjc1si697do1_500_by_zalcoti-d9lh63v.png
Just snagged me a Thylacine gene :3 [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18885525] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/188856/18885525_350.png[/img] [/url] My glorious venom boy is now perfect
Just snagged me a Thylacine gene :3

18885525_350.png

My glorious venom boy is now perfect
1uCNaW7.pngTTTUSP9.pngueG66KW.pngxjP79Zx.pngO0Pbuvo.png
@Zalcoti

Oh yeah forgot you could do that :P Which forum would be best to announce something like that?

@EarthTiger

He looks awesome! Congrats on your completion! :)
@Zalcoti

Oh yeah forgot you could do that :P Which forum would be best to announce something like that?

@EarthTiger

He looks awesome! Congrats on your completion! :)
windflight1.png
@AndiBanandi Thanks! ^^ I've just bred him with an Iri/Shim/Underbelly Noc, so hopefully their two babies hatch out pretty!
@AndiBanandi Thanks! ^^ I've just bred him with an Iri/Shim/Underbelly Noc, so hopefully their two babies hatch out pretty!
1uCNaW7.pngTTTUSP9.pngueG66KW.pngxjP79Zx.pngO0Pbuvo.png
Elsweyr with her new Thylacine! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=787464] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/7875/787464_350.png[/img] [/url] I agree that the gradient was too harsh. It wasnt much of a gradient. But it looks like they're fixing it because I remember Elsweyr's Thylacine was a lot redder.
Elsweyr with her new Thylacine!

787464_350.png

I agree that the gradient was too harsh. It wasnt much of a gradient. But it looks like they're fixing it because I remember Elsweyr's Thylacine was a lot redder.
tumblr_ngnjgvFzfC1scuu34o1_500.png]
@EarthTiger Then why would you say it looks like a mistake at all in the first place?
"Don't freak out just because it looks like a mistake." Honestly I just don't understand why someone wouldn't be concerned if it looks like a mistake to them? I suppose it is a matter of opinion. But that doesn't mean there isn't a mistake with the gene. All that means is some people feel that there is and there isn't. They've already began changing the opacity on some of the gradient for wildclaws.

I'm pretty certain it is a mistake and not a matter of opinion myself however. The reason why is because the gene isn't consistent. You can clearly see that the stripes are meant to be slightly darker then the gradient underneath. But on some breeds the gradient underneath is extremely solid. If it was just meant to be a solid gradient the they wouldn't of added the stripes to begin with.

It isn't necessarily rude, or disrespectful to be honest with the moderator and artists. If the art is sub par or a large group of users feel that it isn't up to standards then they have a right to speak their opinion just as you have to speak yours.

As an artist myself I find the way the airbrush looks on darker specimen unacceptable. I could get the same effect by using a single tool in photoshop and going over the dragon.

In the Tertiary Suggestion Itself it asks these questions.
-Are there any line art edits involved? If so, they should be minor, as large edits will make equipment no longer fit. Edits cannot interfere with the way that the eyes and secondary pieces of the dragon work with the body shape.
-Is the gene different enough from existing genes that it warrants being made?
Not to well considering how many individuals in total are actually complaining about how few dragons they can mix and match with. I'm up for a challenge but the heavy airbrush on some species and colors make it very difficult.
Is the Gene Different Enough From existing genes to warrant being made? Not really, there's a tiger primary, and okapi already. But the gene does have the potiental to be quite amazing.

If the artists made the fade consistent on all breeds I'd be fine with it. But it isn't very consistent currently.

To be fair I do actually love the gene. I just wish that the fade wasn't so different on dark dragons
@EarthTiger Then why would you say it looks like a mistake at all in the first place?
"Don't freak out just because it looks like a mistake." Honestly I just don't understand why someone wouldn't be concerned if it looks like a mistake to them? I suppose it is a matter of opinion. But that doesn't mean there isn't a mistake with the gene. All that means is some people feel that there is and there isn't. They've already began changing the opacity on some of the gradient for wildclaws.

I'm pretty certain it is a mistake and not a matter of opinion myself however. The reason why is because the gene isn't consistent. You can clearly see that the stripes are meant to be slightly darker then the gradient underneath. But on some breeds the gradient underneath is extremely solid. If it was just meant to be a solid gradient the they wouldn't of added the stripes to begin with.

It isn't necessarily rude, or disrespectful to be honest with the moderator and artists. If the art is sub par or a large group of users feel that it isn't up to standards then they have a right to speak their opinion just as you have to speak yours.

As an artist myself I find the way the airbrush looks on darker specimen unacceptable. I could get the same effect by using a single tool in photoshop and going over the dragon.

In the Tertiary Suggestion Itself it asks these questions.
-Are there any line art edits involved? If so, they should be minor, as large edits will make equipment no longer fit. Edits cannot interfere with the way that the eyes and secondary pieces of the dragon work with the body shape.
-Is the gene different enough from existing genes that it warrants being made?
Not to well considering how many individuals in total are actually complaining about how few dragons they can mix and match with. I'm up for a challenge but the heavy airbrush on some species and colors make it very difficult.
Is the Gene Different Enough From existing genes to warrant being made? Not really, there's a tiger primary, and okapi already. But the gene does have the potiental to be quite amazing.

If the artists made the fade consistent on all breeds I'd be fine with it. But it isn't very consistent currently.

To be fair I do actually love the gene. I just wish that the fade wasn't so different on dark dragons
Beautiful fish! I love the new items too.
Beautiful fish! I love the new items too.
Txy1O4j.png
Just gened him with Thylacine. <3 [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19832841] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/198329/19832841_350.png[/img] [/url]
Just gened him with Thylacine. <3

19832841_350.png
Honestly, this is SO PRETTY AND COOL
Honestly, this is SO PRETTY AND COOL
HouhGS9.pngx8bDWFu.png
5vnsOgE.pnghrSE73S.png
LGvol4P.pngrR3twgq.png
hUchsi0.pngJ0VJtXh.png
40QQWBU.pngGHiDarO.png
1 2 ... 84 85 86 87 88 ... 94 95