Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Words on the Wind, vol 12
1 2 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66
THAT GLIMMER GENE THOUGH! It looks gorgeous! I just hope I can get it when it comes out!
THAT GLIMMER GENE THOUGH! It looks gorgeous! I just hope I can get it when it comes out!
[quote name="tsumiki" date=2015-05-05 12:29:27] [quote name="MoonAndFlowers" date=2015-05-04 08:59:09] [quote name="LibraGirl" date=2015-05-02 10:37:05] [quote] The Coliseum is undergoing a ground-up rewrite much like the rest of the website. We are happy to report that significant progress has been made on this front and that the new build of Coliseum has working animation toggles. However, the feature will not be debuting until the entire rebuild is complete.[/quote] Does this mean the EXP earning system will get an overhaul? Because right now, earning less than 1000exp per fight, when you need over 1 million exp(my level 22 dragon needs over 1 mill in exp to grow to the next level and I'm lucky if I can net 1200exp in a fight) to get the next level, is insane. if I'm fighting higher level creatures and need that much more exp to level up, then what I earn should be proportionate. That is, if I'm level 20+ and fighting level 20 monsters, I should be earning more exp than if I'm level 10 and fighting level 10 monsters, not the same. Not everyone has hours upon hours of free time that they can spend just sitting grinding(plus it gets boring after a while) to try and level up, which is the only way it can be managed at current. And while the coli isn't needed to play the game, there are some items that are needed for other things (looking at you Swipp) that can only be obtained in the high level areas, thus the levelling up is needed. [/quote] I'd like to second this. I understand FR revolves around working hard for what you get, but in the 6 months I've had one of the dragons I'm training to 25, he is only just now level 20. As much as I'd like to, I can't spend as much time in coli as it currently requires to level dragons that high. And, just echoing what LibraGirl said, it seems a little counterproductive that a level 10 dragon defeating a level 10 enemy gets the same amount of experience as a level 20 dragon defeating a level 20 enemy, since you need more XP to get from level 20 to level 21 than from level 10 to level 11. [/quote] i agree, i hope the overhaul rewrites the exp system. [/quote] Six months to get to a level 25? I got three of my dragons from level 1 to level 25 in a week and a half and that was just doing an hour here, an hour there - clicking while watching netflix...
tsumiki wrote on 2015-05-05:
MoonAndFlowers wrote on 2015-05-04:
LibraGirl wrote on 2015-05-02:
Quote:
The Coliseum is undergoing a ground-up rewrite much like the rest of the website. We are happy to report that significant progress has been made on this front and that the new build of Coliseum has working animation toggles. However, the feature will not be debuting until the entire rebuild is complete.

Does this mean the EXP earning system will get an overhaul? Because right now, earning less than 1000exp per fight, when you need over 1 million exp(my level 22 dragon needs over 1 mill in exp to grow to the next level and I'm lucky if I can net 1200exp in a fight) to get the next level, is insane. if I'm fighting higher level creatures and need that much more exp to level up, then what I earn should be proportionate. That is, if I'm level 20+ and fighting level 20 monsters, I should be earning more exp than if I'm level 10 and fighting level 10 monsters, not the same.
Not everyone has hours upon hours of free time that they can spend just sitting grinding(plus it gets boring after a while) to try and level up, which is the only way it can be managed at current. And while the coli isn't needed to play the game, there are some items that are needed for other things (looking at you Swipp) that can only be obtained in the high level areas, thus the levelling up is needed.
I'd like to second this. I understand FR revolves around working hard for what you get, but in the 6 months I've had one of the dragons I'm training to 25, he is only just now level 20. As much as I'd like to, I can't spend as much time in coli as it currently requires to level dragons that high.

And, just echoing what LibraGirl said, it seems a little counterproductive that a level 10 dragon defeating a level 10 enemy gets the same amount of experience as a level 20 dragon defeating a level 20 enemy, since you need more XP to get from level 20 to level 21 than from level 10 to level 11.

i agree, i hope the overhaul rewrites the exp system.

Six months to get to a level 25? I got three of my dragons from level 1 to level 25 in a week and a half and that was just doing an hour here, an hour there - clicking while watching netflix...
Thank you for all of your hard work FR team!
Thank you for all of your hard work FR team!
jqqIEB3.gif
@Cynderbark; Account age is not one of the requirements/necessities for getting an MVP status, so no, there is no bias or preference towards older players. On the first page is highlighted what is being looked at when considering MVPs. The fact that the 3 chosen players were all from the first few months is coincedence.
@Cynderbark; Account age is not one of the requirements/necessities for getting an MVP status, so no, there is no bias or preference towards older players. On the first page is highlighted what is being looked at when considering MVPs. The fact that the 3 chosen players were all from the first few months is coincedence.
Please retire everything.
Please retire everything.
VHK85V8.gif
Looking forward to that game, looks good!
Looking forward to that game, looks good!
Lbf6x.gifClick on the gif to hatch a dragon and create new gifs!
I'm 8hrs ahead in England!!!
@MortuiVitam I still voted, though I agree that retiring everything makes more sense
@MortuiVitam I still voted, though I agree that retiring everything makes more sense
image.pnglMoMteR.pngimage.png
Unable to vote, numbers always go to 1-2-3-4 in that order, no matter what I try.
Unable to vote, numbers always go to 1-2-3-4 in that order, no matter what I try.
1lu6sg3.gif
the seas are lovely, dark and deep...
but we have promises to keep, and miles to go before we sleep

velsim #52577, the not-quite-drowned. - wishlist | sales | accents
Will you ever get around to releasing the remaining unfinished and undelivered Kickstarter items, such as those for players who backed at the Create an Item tier and similar?
Will you ever get around to releasing the remaining unfinished and undelivered Kickstarter items, such as those for players who backed at the Create an Item tier and similar?
There is a girl with a crown and a scepter...
@Velsim I thought this was happening to me too! but the survey is confusing, it switches the order of the options depending on which one you rank first so it looks like it is constantly changing it back to a specific order, but it's not. try again!
@Velsim I thought this was happening to me too! but the survey is confusing, it switches the order of the options depending on which one you rank first so it looks like it is constantly changing it back to a specific order, but it's not. try again!
SOooSub.pngLQJnzWT.pngDt9vOha.pngSOooSub.png
1 2 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66