Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Words on the Wind, vol 12
1 2 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66
[quote name="MoonAndFlowers" date=2015-05-04 08:59:09] [quote name="LibraGirl" date=2015-05-02 10:37:05] [quote] The Coliseum is undergoing a ground-up rewrite much like the rest of the website. We are happy to report that significant progress has been made on this front and that the new build of Coliseum has working animation toggles. However, the feature will not be debuting until the entire rebuild is complete.[/quote] Does this mean the EXP earning system will get an overhaul? Because right now, earning less than 1000exp per fight, when you need over 1 million exp(my level 22 dragon needs over 1 mill in exp to grow to the next level and I'm lucky if I can net 1200exp in a fight) to get the next level, is insane. if I'm fighting higher level creatures and need that much more exp to level up, then what I earn should be proportionate. That is, if I'm level 20+ and fighting level 20 monsters, I should be earning more exp than if I'm level 10 and fighting level 10 monsters, not the same. Not everyone has hours upon hours of free time that they can spend just sitting grinding(plus it gets boring after a while) to try and level up, which is the only way it can be managed at current. And while the coli isn't needed to play the game, there are some items that are needed for other things (looking at you Swipp) that can only be obtained in the high level areas, thus the levelling up is needed. [/quote] I'd like to second this. I understand FR revolves around working hard for what you get, but in the 6 months I've had one of the dragons I'm training to 25, he is only just now level 20. As much as I'd like to, I can't spend as much time in coli as it currently requires to level dragons that high. And, just echoing what LibraGirl said, it seems a little counterproductive that a level 10 dragon defeating a level 10 enemy gets the same amount of experience as a level 20 dragon defeating a level 20 enemy, since you need more XP to get from level 20 to level 21 than from level 10 to level 11. [/quote] i agree, i hope the overhaul rewrites the exp system.
MoonAndFlowers wrote on 2015-05-04:
LibraGirl wrote on 2015-05-02:
Quote:
The Coliseum is undergoing a ground-up rewrite much like the rest of the website. We are happy to report that significant progress has been made on this front and that the new build of Coliseum has working animation toggles. However, the feature will not be debuting until the entire rebuild is complete.

Does this mean the EXP earning system will get an overhaul? Because right now, earning less than 1000exp per fight, when you need over 1 million exp(my level 22 dragon needs over 1 mill in exp to grow to the next level and I'm lucky if I can net 1200exp in a fight) to get the next level, is insane. if I'm fighting higher level creatures and need that much more exp to level up, then what I earn should be proportionate. That is, if I'm level 20+ and fighting level 20 monsters, I should be earning more exp than if I'm level 10 and fighting level 10 monsters, not the same.
Not everyone has hours upon hours of free time that they can spend just sitting grinding(plus it gets boring after a while) to try and level up, which is the only way it can be managed at current. And while the coli isn't needed to play the game, there are some items that are needed for other things (looking at you Swipp) that can only be obtained in the high level areas, thus the levelling up is needed.
I'd like to second this. I understand FR revolves around working hard for what you get, but in the 6 months I've had one of the dragons I'm training to 25, he is only just now level 20. As much as I'd like to, I can't spend as much time in coli as it currently requires to level dragons that high.

And, just echoing what LibraGirl said, it seems a little counterproductive that a level 10 dragon defeating a level 10 enemy gets the same amount of experience as a level 20 dragon defeating a level 20 enemy, since you need more XP to get from level 20 to level 21 than from level 10 to level 11.

i agree, i hope the overhaul rewrites the exp system.
bHeX9bv.png
@songwithnosoul Finger-wing?

@tacroy There's a drop menu to change the numbers around and therefore change the order
@songwithnosoul Finger-wing?

@tacroy There's a drop menu to change the numbers around and therefore change the order
image.pnglMoMteR.pngimage.png
GASP!!!! finally, something to assist my little pearlies' pearls!!!!
GASP!!!! finally, something to assist my little pearlies' pearls!!!!
@chaos199 yes but... as soon as i change the numbers, they reload and change right back. other people have had this problem too :\ :\ :\
@chaos199 yes but... as soon as i change the numbers, they reload and change right back. other people have had this problem too :\ :\ :\
I am with the people who want an overhaul of the EXP system, too. I'm trying to level up permanent dragons but its really tedious and annoying, even when I'm training in the Kelp Beds. The dragon I'm training is at level 13.

...like.... I don't want to spend hours training a dragon to level 25. I'm not even sure how people level more than two dragons besides their main coli team.

I'm also kind of disappointed that the dodge system wont be looked into this time around. It's getting obnoxious... I had a stupid butt Mammertee dodge ALL THREE of my dragons more than ONCE, making them lose all their energy and having to start over :U Like whaaaaaat ??

Other than that...I'm really excited about this update, especially the Coli overhaul. Glimmer is what I've been waiting for and I cant wait till it comes out! ;w;
I am with the people who want an overhaul of the EXP system, too. I'm trying to level up permanent dragons but its really tedious and annoying, even when I'm training in the Kelp Beds. The dragon I'm training is at level 13.

...like.... I don't want to spend hours training a dragon to level 25. I'm not even sure how people level more than two dragons besides their main coli team.

I'm also kind of disappointed that the dodge system wont be looked into this time around. It's getting obnoxious... I had a stupid butt Mammertee dodge ALL THREE of my dragons more than ONCE, making them lose all their energy and having to start over :U Like whaaaaaat ??

Other than that...I'm really excited about this update, especially the Coli overhaul. Glimmer is what I've been waiting for and I cant wait till it comes out! ;w;
@tacroy Oh. I didn't get that. Hopefully it gets fixed, otherwise this survey will be pointless.
Now I'm wondering... what if it did that to me and I just didn't notice? D:
@tacroy Oh. I didn't get that. Hopefully it gets fixed, otherwise this survey will be pointless.
Now I'm wondering... what if it did that to me and I just didn't notice? D:
image.pnglMoMteR.pngimage.png
Glimmer! Underbelly for shinier genes! :D Unfortunately, I will probably never be able to afford it. XD; Oh well. No surprise there. :P

New game? Yes, please. :)

Skydancer lore? Yes please. :)

As for achievements...any ETA on when Chain of Fools will be activated? It's kind of bugging my OCD that I keep meeting the requirement, but that the achieve isn't active so I don't get it. XP No big deal really, I'm just curious.
Glimmer! Underbelly for shinier genes! :D Unfortunately, I will probably never be able to afford it. XD; Oh well. No surprise there. :P

New game? Yes, please. :)

Skydancer lore? Yes please. :)

As for achievements...any ETA on when Chain of Fools will be activated? It's kind of bugging my OCD that I keep meeting the requirement, but that the achieve isn't active so I don't get it. XP No big deal really, I'm just curious.
NOTE: Dergs in my lair with scries are just ideas, & are subject to change/not final.
nZJa3n3.png
O snaaaap I think one of my Pearlcatchers (well, he's a Pearlcatcher-to-be) needs Glimmer.

...I just -got- him a tert. xD That's OK! He's gonna be an amazing sparklebaby and now he can have a shiny purple pearl, too!
O snaaaap I think one of my Pearlcatchers (well, he's a Pearlcatcher-to-be) needs Glimmer.

...I just -got- him a tert. xD That's OK! He's gonna be an amazing sparklebaby and now he can have a shiny purple pearl, too!
Are mvps just going to be players from first year June/July? This seems like a bias towards older accounts, and there's already plenty of that on this site. :(
Are mvps just going to be players from first year June/July? This seems like a bias towards older accounts, and there's already plenty of that on this site. :(
Please just retire everything
Please just retire everything
~
4LEDbjY.gif
~
P T E R I

She/Her | FR +3
1 2 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66