Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Flameforger's Festival
1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
i have been waiting for this!!!
i have been waiting for this!!!
dIWdbY1.png
I think the skins/accents are okay this Festival, but TWO male SD accents of the same themes?? Really? We haven't had a Wildclaw or Tundra (seriously...these guys needs some love) accent in awhile and there were some very, very nice submissions this year that didn't even get mentions. I'm very happy a mirror got in this year because they barely get anything. SD's always get skins/accents and its like...alrighty then. You guys should put in more variety into your choices and pick different species each time, not more than two of the same themes. I got to admit I do like a lot of skins/accents this Festival, more than the past few.
I think the skins/accents are okay this Festival, but TWO male SD accents of the same themes?? Really? We haven't had a Wildclaw or Tundra (seriously...these guys needs some love) accent in awhile and there were some very, very nice submissions this year that didn't even get mentions. I'm very happy a mirror got in this year because they barely get anything. SD's always get skins/accents and its like...alrighty then. You guys should put in more variety into your choices and pick different species each time, not more than two of the same themes. I got to admit I do like a lot of skins/accents this Festival, more than the past few.
[quote name="duendechaser" date="2014-08-29 09:40:34"][quote name="redsixwing" date="2014-08-28 09:03:43"][quote name="babs" date="2014-08-28 08:51:20"]Personally, I think it's wonderful that the skins are available in the marketplace. My coli team is only level 11 so I'm not high enough to grind in the good places, and even with all my grinding I haven't found a chest yet. Just save the chests for later and the skins will sell easy.[/quote] Yes, this. Chests are a great bonus for people who will hold and sell them later. Being able to buy skins in the marketplace means I can actually -have- some skins, since otherwise, I've gotten skunked in grinding. Since I don't raise huge amounts of treasure or have time to play games every night to prepare for each month's festival, this is a good option that lets me buy a few of the ones I want. I can't afford to buy all of them regardless, but I can prioritize. :)[/quote] Like most games, majority of the players don't have endless hours to grind or play games and build up to buy/sell/trade constantly to amass a fortune. I find that each month I have enough time to collect currency, purchase what i want (prioritzing what I really want) and maybe sell a few extra things to make a small profit without price gouging. I've been involved in 3 festivals since I've joined and it seems to be a balanced system for the regular player.[/quote] This is the kind of thing I've been trying to get across, albeit much more neatly said. It's also the same principle behind the way in which people rely on the holiday currency that can be collected from gathering by itself to be able to to enjoy the full range of goodies offered as the festival favors. I can save up embers and wait a few days for my pauldrons, but it's frustrating if I have to forgo the full set of fiery goodness to do so.
duendechaser wrote on 2014-08-29 09:40:34:
redsixwing wrote on 2014-08-28 09:03:43:
babs wrote on 2014-08-28 08:51:20:
Personally, I think it's wonderful that the skins are available in the marketplace. My coli team is only level 11 so I'm not high enough to grind in the good places, and even with all my grinding I haven't found a chest yet. Just save the chests for later and the skins will sell easy.

Yes, this.

Chests are a great bonus for people who will hold and sell them later.

Being able to buy skins in the marketplace means I can actually -have- some skins, since otherwise, I've gotten skunked in grinding. Since I don't raise huge amounts of treasure or have time to play games every night to prepare for each month's festival, this is a good option that lets me buy a few of the ones I want.

I can't afford to buy all of them regardless, but I can prioritize. :)

Like most games, majority of the players don't have endless hours to grind or play games and build up to buy/sell/trade constantly to amass a fortune. I find that each month I have enough time to collect currency, purchase what i want (prioritzing what I really want) and maybe sell a few extra things to make a small profit without price gouging. I've been involved in 3 festivals since I've joined and it seems to be a balanced system for the regular player.

This is the kind of thing I've been trying to get across, albeit much more neatly said. It's also the same principle behind the way in which people rely on the holiday currency that can be collected from gathering by itself to be able to to enjoy the full range of goodies offered as the festival favors.

I can save up embers and wait a few days for my pauldrons, but it's frustrating if I have to forgo the full set of fiery goodness to do so.
I think there should be at least one accent or skin for every breed just so everybody isnt so frustrated or left out. Also, HI FLAMECALLER!! I am pledged to Arcanist, but Arcanist, Lightweaver, Icewarden and Flamecaller are my favourites :D And Windsinger, the Great Noodle.

:D
I think there should be at least one accent or skin for every breed just so everybody isnt so frustrated or left out. Also, HI FLAMECALLER!! I am pledged to Arcanist, but Arcanist, Lightweaver, Icewarden and Flamecaller are my favourites :D And Windsinger, the Great Noodle.

:D
I'm probably supposed to be typing an essay right now.
These festivals always seem to be stressful ;A;' ocd dictates I get everything, but I just barely get enough for anything.
These festivals always seem to be stressful ;A;' ocd dictates I get everything, but I just barely get enough for anything.
YAAAYH
YAAAYH
This post is still showing up in the top right corner that shows recent news... not sure if that was intended or the admins just haven't taken it down XD
This post is still showing up in the top right corner that shows recent news... not sure if that was intended or the admins just haven't taken it down XD
FpTzG7k.png accent shop
woot!!!!
woot!!!!
r7LsxK2.png
@isosDuke
I have no idea what's going on, I got a ping from you and it takes me to this thread?? is it a glitch, am I missing a ping from you elsewhere?
@isosDuke
I have no idea what's going on, I got a ping from you and it takes me to this thread?? is it a glitch, am I missing a ping from you elsewhere?
tumblr_nte6wzIxU21tm17oeo4_400.pngRLImtwE.png
@Cockatrice
No, I just derped, I apologize! I was trying to get a link for an accent so I quoted the first post of this. Then for some reason I decided to hit submit and actually post it. Sorry about the confusion!
@Cockatrice
No, I just derped, I apologize! I was trying to get a link for an accent so I quoted the first post of this. Then for some reason I decided to hit submit and actually post it. Sorry about the confusion!
JWlblI8.png243.gif
1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30