Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Fairgrounds: Tidal Trouble
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 28 29
I LOVE these types of games! Can't wait to try it out
I LOVE these types of games! Can't wait to try it out
While I like the idea of making money in other ways, I certainly don't want the games removed!

Tidal trouble works fine for me, though I find I can make more money via ShockSwitch, which I also enjoy more. It does add a nice variety, so I like having it there. Thanks!
While I like the idea of making money in other ways, I certainly don't want the games removed!

Tidal trouble works fine for me, though I find I can make more money via ShockSwitch, which I also enjoy more. It does add a nice variety, so I like having it there. Thanks!
177499lightofknowledge2.png
@Microraptor - Part of the reaosn you got such a low payout was because of taking so long to beat it! I've found the difficulty and time you take on a puzzle affects how much you get. beat a medium puzzle in 30 seconds? boom! 480 treasure for you! c:
@Microraptor - Part of the reaosn you got such a low payout was because of taking so long to beat it! I've found the difficulty and time you take on a puzzle affects how much you get. beat a medium puzzle in 30 seconds? boom! 480 treasure for you! c:
Flight_Rising_Signature_zps14f2dee7.png
[quote name="Alphaeon" date="2014-03-28 16:49:28"]@azrielen, the amount of treasure you earn depends on the difficulty level of the puzzle. The amount of moves/time it takes you to complete the puzzle has no effect on payout.[/quote] @Alphaeon This is rather counterintuitive. Earning "points" that have nothing to do with the "reward" does not make sense. There is very little purpose to the score system and earning more points for doing difficult things (like setting up big clears) if this does not in any way effect treasure payout. Especially since this is how it works in Shock Switch. It should at least be made more clear that the points have nothing to do with the reward at the end.
Alphaeon wrote on 2014-03-28 16:49:28:
@azrielen, the amount of treasure you earn depends on the difficulty level of the puzzle. The amount of moves/time it takes you to complete the puzzle has no effect on payout.

@Alphaeon

This is rather counterintuitive.

Earning "points" that have nothing to do with the "reward" does not make sense. There is very little purpose to the score system and earning more points for doing difficult things (like setting up big clears) if this does not in any way effect treasure payout.

Especially since this is how it works in Shock Switch. It should at least be made more clear that the points have nothing to do with the reward at the end.
HEPmLsK.png
As many people's said, I think that points should determine how high our payout is... or that we should get a choice of difficulty levels. Some low difficulty take longer than the high difficulty, after all.

And of course, payout too low, etc.etc., I think that the payout is about average for a Fairground game, though! So this one specifically shouldn't be raised, imo.
While it isn't much, it IS more enjoyable than the other options, and doesn't give me a heartattack on worrying about time. I think average is about 10k/hour on games, and I got about 20k/3 hours... but since it's not time-determined, I've been a bit lazier about it, too. ;D

The "stickiness" of the bubbles should remain the same (they're BUBBLES for Pete's sake, of course they stick to one another!) and I do NOT think we should be able to switch the current/next bubble, as that'd make it ridiculously easy.

But!! All in all, lots of fun, I hope you fix the crashing issues so many are experiencing, I'm really glad for a new game! owo
As many people's said, I think that points should determine how high our payout is... or that we should get a choice of difficulty levels. Some low difficulty take longer than the high difficulty, after all.

And of course, payout too low, etc.etc., I think that the payout is about average for a Fairground game, though! So this one specifically shouldn't be raised, imo.
While it isn't much, it IS more enjoyable than the other options, and doesn't give me a heartattack on worrying about time. I think average is about 10k/hour on games, and I got about 20k/3 hours... but since it's not time-determined, I've been a bit lazier about it, too. ;D

The "stickiness" of the bubbles should remain the same (they're BUBBLES for Pete's sake, of course they stick to one another!) and I do NOT think we should be able to switch the current/next bubble, as that'd make it ridiculously easy.

But!! All in all, lots of fun, I hope you fix the crashing issues so many are experiencing, I'm really glad for a new game! owo
tumblr_inline_nhzj5fFrMa1qmyry9.pngLB
@Karmasi -- 480 still isn't enough treasure to keep me interested. 2000 per 2 minutes is the output you can current get on SS, playing on easy, clicking in random circles, and then ending the game after 60 seconds. THIS is not enough treasure to keep me interested in the games. For a game to have a high enough treasure bonus to be interesting it would need to be making easily double what SS is with the same amount of effort that mindless clicking on SS requires.

One can make a lot more money in a lot less time with a little thoughtful AH flipping. 480 treasure -- even if it takes one minute or less to beat -- does not get me to game cap in less than 70 minutes (how long it takes to reach in SS). 70 minutes of pure grinding is too much of a time investment, personally, to keep me playing the games.

My prediction is that TT will be popular for the first few days. Then it'll lose its novelty, people will start trying to use it to grind and then the playing of it will drop off sharply.

I need over 900k for my next lair expansion. I have no doubt I'll hit it via AHing, coli play, and breeding. But it's frustrating that the games are built in to the game with this 70k cap we're... presumably supposed to be hitting daily (thus, the price of money sinks like lair expansions being based on the idea that we'll be getting 70k a day which many, many players were NOT hitting according to a recent survey on the forums).

Additionally... TT is a game that's supposed to be a puzzle we "play at our own pace" according to the original post here. If it requires being super-quick at this style of game to get "good" payouts, then that's not a game we play at our own pace.
@Karmasi -- 480 still isn't enough treasure to keep me interested. 2000 per 2 minutes is the output you can current get on SS, playing on easy, clicking in random circles, and then ending the game after 60 seconds. THIS is not enough treasure to keep me interested in the games. For a game to have a high enough treasure bonus to be interesting it would need to be making easily double what SS is with the same amount of effort that mindless clicking on SS requires.

One can make a lot more money in a lot less time with a little thoughtful AH flipping. 480 treasure -- even if it takes one minute or less to beat -- does not get me to game cap in less than 70 minutes (how long it takes to reach in SS). 70 minutes of pure grinding is too much of a time investment, personally, to keep me playing the games.

My prediction is that TT will be popular for the first few days. Then it'll lose its novelty, people will start trying to use it to grind and then the playing of it will drop off sharply.

I need over 900k for my next lair expansion. I have no doubt I'll hit it via AHing, coli play, and breeding. But it's frustrating that the games are built in to the game with this 70k cap we're... presumably supposed to be hitting daily (thus, the price of money sinks like lair expansions being based on the idea that we'll be getting 70k a day which many, many players were NOT hitting according to a recent survey on the forums).

Additionally... TT is a game that's supposed to be a puzzle we "play at our own pace" according to the original post here. If it requires being super-quick at this style of game to get "good" payouts, then that's not a game we play at our own pace.
Lessee.

First of all, the game is gorgeous. It's relaxing, it's responsive, ricochet shots work excellent, there's no stalling or any other issues I could see. I've always liked these sort of games, and I like this one too, a lot!

Oh, and the music's great!

It is, however, not without problems. One is that some levels are plain and simple impossible to beat depending on one's luck of the draw, and not only in extreme situations. They plain start so close to the blue line as to allow a number of projectiles that is too small for there to be a good chance at true randomization. Of course, with reward being based in level completion and not total score, time taken or whatnot, this isn't TOO much of an issue.

The second, and more prudent, is that the treasure payout seems -atrociously- low. Easily fixed, but until then, it makes a very poor time investment - which is a shame, because it's real fun.
Lessee.

First of all, the game is gorgeous. It's relaxing, it's responsive, ricochet shots work excellent, there's no stalling or any other issues I could see. I've always liked these sort of games, and I like this one too, a lot!

Oh, and the music's great!

It is, however, not without problems. One is that some levels are plain and simple impossible to beat depending on one's luck of the draw, and not only in extreme situations. They plain start so close to the blue line as to allow a number of projectiles that is too small for there to be a good chance at true randomization. Of course, with reward being based in level completion and not total score, time taken or whatnot, this isn't TOO much of an issue.

The second, and more prudent, is that the treasure payout seems -atrociously- low. Easily fixed, but until then, it makes a very poor time investment - which is a shame, because it's real fun.
DQ9DP8W.png
Sounds like some people are just bitter because they're not very good at this game
Sounds like some people are just bitter because they're not very good at this game
Breeds triple gened pastel & tiger coatls/wildclaws on request, PM if interested.
So where's the music from?
Art and Design
www.facebook.com/thelittleblackcatcompany
[quote name="Rusti" date="2014-03-28 18:20:29"]So where's the music from?[/quote] @Thrage composed it. :)
Rusti wrote on 2014-03-28 18:20:29:
@Thrage composed it. :)
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 28 29