Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Fairgrounds: Tidal Trouble
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Like others, I find the game quite relaxing, and I like the atmospheric visuals and sound. I actually don't have a problem with the payout - I spend about a minute per puzzle, so the payout amasses at a pretty OK clip; certainly above most other Fairground games I play.

As long as we're complaining about problematic puzzles, I'd like to add Calamity to the list. It'd help if I had a screenshot to illustrate, but you start at only two rows away from the bottom, and the first couple rows of orbs in the puzzle consist of about six different not-very-well-connected colors. Solving the puzzle is practically dependent on getting an Arcane orb, which can knock most of those troublesome rows out due to the puzzle structure, but at a 1/6 chance, that just might not happen before you run out of space or time.
Like others, I find the game quite relaxing, and I like the atmospheric visuals and sound. I actually don't have a problem with the payout - I spend about a minute per puzzle, so the payout amasses at a pretty OK clip; certainly above most other Fairground games I play.

As long as we're complaining about problematic puzzles, I'd like to add Calamity to the list. It'd help if I had a screenshot to illustrate, but you start at only two rows away from the bottom, and the first couple rows of orbs in the puzzle consist of about six different not-very-well-connected colors. Solving the puzzle is practically dependent on getting an Arcane orb, which can knock most of those troublesome rows out due to the puzzle structure, but at a 1/6 chance, that just might not happen before you run out of space or time.
I like the game, but I feel like it could be improved by faster shooting, and showing the next bubble at the bottom, possibly next to the conch. I've played a lot of these games, and it's weird to keep looking at the top.
I like the game, but I feel like it could be improved by faster shooting, and showing the next bubble at the bottom, possibly next to the conch. I've played a lot of these games, and it's weird to keep looking at the top.
V6q1MAV.png
I love this style of game, but it's so glitchy I'm giving up on it for now. At best, it's choppy and everything vanishes for a few seconds when I fire a bubble, making game play more irritating than fun, and at worst it crashes my entire browser. I haven't been able to play it long enough to find out how the scoring and payout works, but 3000-4000 treasure for about an hour and a half's work, especially when it's that frustrating, REALLY isn't worth it.
I love this style of game, but it's so glitchy I'm giving up on it for now. At best, it's choppy and everything vanishes for a few seconds when I fire a bubble, making game play more irritating than fun, and at worst it crashes my entire browser. I haven't been able to play it long enough to find out how the scoring and payout works, but 3000-4000 treasure for about an hour and a half's work, especially when it's that frustrating, REALLY isn't worth it.
It's nice, but for some reason it lags like a tortoise in molasses when I try to play on Firefox. Chrome, no problem, but I open it in Firefox and bam, slow to the point of freezing.
Shock Switch lags a bit too, but not nearly as badly. I can play the other games with little to no problem though.

And yeah, the payout is laughably low.
It's nice, but for some reason it lags like a tortoise in molasses when I try to play on Firefox. Chrome, no problem, but I open it in Firefox and bam, slow to the point of freezing.
Shock Switch lags a bit too, but not nearly as badly. I can play the other games with little to no problem though.

And yeah, the payout is laughably low.
bbkat1_by_mythsanddreams-d6az7us.png
I enjoy this game, but I don't enjoy no longer seeing the payouts increase the longer you plsy, like it did shortly after release. :(
I enjoy this game, but I don't enjoy no longer seeing the payouts increase the longer you plsy, like it did shortly after release. :(
@indigozeal

Ooh, that comment made me go back and redesign my own puzzle, because the exact same thing was going on there. Thank you!
@indigozeal

Ooh, that comment made me go back and redesign my own puzzle, because the exact same thing was going on there. Thank you!
Food? Food? FOOD!
tumblr_inline_o1jshi1q2F1rbazpx_250.png tumblr_ozbmajllGL1w8xkufo2_250.png
Just throwing in my thoughts on the game after playing a few times...

It's very nicely designed, and I really love the music. The controls feel a bit too constrained when using a keyboard. I only have a trackpad and a tablet, and using the trackpad is NOT a good way to play this game. So I prefer use of the keyboard. But the movement of the conch isn't smooth and requires me to constantly tap the arrow keys to get a somewhat smooth motion. It's not a huge problem, but it does bug me a lot. I'm used to a fluid motion when holding down the key in similar games like Faerie Bubbles on Neopets.

My other and much bigger issue with the game is the difficulty curve. Letting people design their own levels is cool and all, but I feel like most of them are only designed to look pretty. I've started several times with levels that feature upwards of five different colors. I don't consider myself a good game player, and I usually need to ease into these before I get into difficult levels. Having some kind of filter on the game would be a great idea. Start with a puzzle that is only three colors and work your way up to more difficult setups with more colors.
Just throwing in my thoughts on the game after playing a few times...

It's very nicely designed, and I really love the music. The controls feel a bit too constrained when using a keyboard. I only have a trackpad and a tablet, and using the trackpad is NOT a good way to play this game. So I prefer use of the keyboard. But the movement of the conch isn't smooth and requires me to constantly tap the arrow keys to get a somewhat smooth motion. It's not a huge problem, but it does bug me a lot. I'm used to a fluid motion when holding down the key in similar games like Faerie Bubbles on Neopets.

My other and much bigger issue with the game is the difficulty curve. Letting people design their own levels is cool and all, but I feel like most of them are only designed to look pretty. I've started several times with levels that feature upwards of five different colors. I don't consider myself a good game player, and I usually need to ease into these before I get into difficult levels. Having some kind of filter on the game would be a great idea. Start with a puzzle that is only three colors and work your way up to more difficult setups with more colors.
After taking the time to really play the game, and to give it some time, I see a few things I'd like to be changed.

payout is very low, as others have mentioned. Not a huge deal, but my problem with the game is that I can get a bunch of them in a row that give 240 pay out. I think it's the "easier" games. Then next time I go to play I get a bunch around the 480-520 pay out range. There's no filter to them. As the person above stated. I think what would help, is when people are creating their puzzles to add an extra button when submitting them. This would ask how difficult the puzzle is, easy, medium, or hard.

The other thing I'd like to see is ability to pick the dificulty of your play, like with Shock Switch. Maybe with the option of adding Random levels in. Once I play a hard puzzle, it is nice to get an easy puzzle, so I do like that level of randomness.

The last thing is please, for the love of taking a break, ADD A PAUSE BUTTON!!!!
I am enjoying the game, it's running smoothly for me, I have no issues with that area. I just see a few things that can be changed or added to give us a better experience with it.
After taking the time to really play the game, and to give it some time, I see a few things I'd like to be changed.

payout is very low, as others have mentioned. Not a huge deal, but my problem with the game is that I can get a bunch of them in a row that give 240 pay out. I think it's the "easier" games. Then next time I go to play I get a bunch around the 480-520 pay out range. There's no filter to them. As the person above stated. I think what would help, is when people are creating their puzzles to add an extra button when submitting them. This would ask how difficult the puzzle is, easy, medium, or hard.

The other thing I'd like to see is ability to pick the dificulty of your play, like with Shock Switch. Maybe with the option of adding Random levels in. Once I play a hard puzzle, it is nice to get an easy puzzle, so I do like that level of randomness.

The last thing is please, for the love of taking a break, ADD A PAUSE BUTTON!!!!
I am enjoying the game, it's running smoothly for me, I have no issues with that area. I just see a few things that can be changed or added to give us a better experience with it.
njkZvZC.png
More on individual puzzles: I'd like to praise Mayana's Tutti Frutti. You really have to stop and figure out how to approach it; it really _is_ a puzzle, in that winning involves thinking it out instead of just hitting the RNG right. Plus, it's neat to look at!
More on individual puzzles: I'd like to praise Mayana's Tutti Frutti. You really have to stop and figure out how to approach it; it really _is_ a puzzle, in that winning involves thinking it out instead of just hitting the RNG right. Plus, it's neat to look at!
I got a round in 9 seconds. Beat that!
I got a round in 9 seconds. Beat that!
I am Zephyr, the ultimate Warrior. Yeah.
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29