Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Words on the Wind, Vol. 2
1 2 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
Maybe dragons exalted from homes they weren't hatched in could get random names, to prevent bullying.
Maybe dragons exalted from homes they weren't hatched in could get random names, to prevent bullying.
6F_F.png008F_Custom.png
Those new genes...

Me Gusta.
Those new genes...

Me Gusta.
Mebar_zps37220ff4.png
@Dysnomia So you're suggesting just a flat reward for coli rather than RNG? Because that's the only way you'd fix RNG luck.
@Dysnomia So you're suggesting just a flat reward for coli rather than RNG? Because that's the only way you'd fix RNG luck.
iZL3f1a.png
New genes! New games! Eeee! And thank you for working so hard on everything else, guys, seriously. Couldn't ask for a better admin team.
New genes! New games! Eeee! And thank you for working so hard on everything else, guys, seriously. Couldn't ask for a better admin team.
If you used the upcoming Bar gene on a dragon with a Chocolate primary, it would be a Chocolate Bar. PEFRECT

As for the issue with "rudely-named" exalts, I'm sure the staff are smart enough to differentiate between "Not an issue; the user whose dragon was exalted is just touchy" and "An issue; this name is obviously a deliberate jab at the user who sold the dragon".

For example, "Glitter" for a Light exalt would probably be fine, but "(username)IsDumb" is clearly a dig at a specific user, so I don't think that'd fly.
If you used the upcoming Bar gene on a dragon with a Chocolate primary, it would be a Chocolate Bar. PEFRECT

As for the issue with "rudely-named" exalts, I'm sure the staff are smart enough to differentiate between "Not an issue; the user whose dragon was exalted is just touchy" and "An issue; this name is obviously a deliberate jab at the user who sold the dragon".

For example, "Glitter" for a Light exalt would probably be fine, but "(username)IsDumb" is clearly a dig at a specific user, so I don't think that'd fly.
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
This is way beyond the issue of exalt naming, i'm just commenting on the metacommentary on exalting in this thread... as far as why people are 'being so ridiculous' about exalting, i think we're kinda missing out on a bigger picture here... I don't think it has anything to do with people being 'too attached' to their dragons or 'taking it too personally. it's that every time your dragon is bought as exalt fodder or you have to autoexalt dragons you bred, it's another reminder that this game is quickly becoming not fun anymore. Let's be real, most of the point of FR is breeding. Most people are here because they like the dragons and they like breeding them and want to be proud of their work. A lot of people do work hard on their dragons and most of them get exalted.

that isn't 'taking it personally,' it's literally a problem of 'well why am I playing this game??' Most of us want to stay and it's still fun to an extent, but it's EXTREMELY frustrating to see your work on the game literally get discarded.

you probably are thinking, 'dude yeah we all feel that way.' I'm sure! I don't know if people are less frustrated because they are here for apparel or community/roleplaying more, or they're choosing to wait out the economic depression and have a lot of patience?? I'm also choosing to wait out the economy, but it also means I'm not breeding dragons as much because there's no point. But since I'm here for breeding... do you see the problem?? Hahaha.

I have DEFINITELY lost my mind about dragon trades before when i was really stressed out by real life, as @Epscylon can unfortunately attest to (thanks for being so nice about that!), because i felt like 'oh my god i'm a failure at real life AND I CAN'T EVEN DO WELL ON A DRAGON GAME WHAT THE HECKIE' but ok that's my personal psychological problem and that's no-one else's problem to deal with lmao. i'm not saying people should deal with people being super weird about dragon sales/trades. i'm just saying that i think the majority of people being frustrated by exalting is actually part of a much broader problem with gameplay and not just individuals being weird about their dragons.

but unfortunately, this economy isn't improving an iota until registration opens up officially and that seems pretty far flung in the future, so i guess this is just the state of affairs, haha.

i'm sure others have said this before, i just haven't seen it so i'm just bringing it up, i hope i'm not being annoying.
This is way beyond the issue of exalt naming, i'm just commenting on the metacommentary on exalting in this thread... as far as why people are 'being so ridiculous' about exalting, i think we're kinda missing out on a bigger picture here... I don't think it has anything to do with people being 'too attached' to their dragons or 'taking it too personally. it's that every time your dragon is bought as exalt fodder or you have to autoexalt dragons you bred, it's another reminder that this game is quickly becoming not fun anymore. Let's be real, most of the point of FR is breeding. Most people are here because they like the dragons and they like breeding them and want to be proud of their work. A lot of people do work hard on their dragons and most of them get exalted.

that isn't 'taking it personally,' it's literally a problem of 'well why am I playing this game??' Most of us want to stay and it's still fun to an extent, but it's EXTREMELY frustrating to see your work on the game literally get discarded.

you probably are thinking, 'dude yeah we all feel that way.' I'm sure! I don't know if people are less frustrated because they are here for apparel or community/roleplaying more, or they're choosing to wait out the economic depression and have a lot of patience?? I'm also choosing to wait out the economy, but it also means I'm not breeding dragons as much because there's no point. But since I'm here for breeding... do you see the problem?? Hahaha.

I have DEFINITELY lost my mind about dragon trades before when i was really stressed out by real life, as @Epscylon can unfortunately attest to (thanks for being so nice about that!), because i felt like 'oh my god i'm a failure at real life AND I CAN'T EVEN DO WELL ON A DRAGON GAME WHAT THE HECKIE' but ok that's my personal psychological problem and that's no-one else's problem to deal with lmao. i'm not saying people should deal with people being super weird about dragon sales/trades. i'm just saying that i think the majority of people being frustrated by exalting is actually part of a much broader problem with gameplay and not just individuals being weird about their dragons.

but unfortunately, this economy isn't improving an iota until registration opens up officially and that seems pretty far flung in the future, so i guess this is just the state of affairs, haha.

i'm sure others have said this before, i just haven't seen it so i'm just bringing it up, i hope i'm not being annoying.
-- Sevastian
2qkpb88.jpg
actually most people arent so sensitive that they get upset over their pixels being exalted, which is a game mechanic. and is where trash dragons are supposed to go. That's how you get rid of dragons not wanted.
actually most people arent so sensitive that they get upset over their pixels being exalted, which is a game mechanic. and is where trash dragons are supposed to go. That's how you get rid of dragons not wanted.
33955360_ee9nt9Y6Z9u7RpD.gif
Thank you for making this a monthly thing! I'm excited for the new additions to the site (Shadow is in desperate need of a subforum, and that game looks fun).
Thank you for making this a monthly thing! I'm excited for the new additions to the site (Shadow is in desperate need of a subforum, and that game looks fun).
jCVhFoZ.gif
@Pisces I wasn't trying to say that most people are upset, I was trying to say that I believe that people who are frustrated by exalting are frustrated for the reasons I said? Then again I'm not sure if you were responding to me
@Pisces I wasn't trying to say that most people are upset, I was trying to say that I believe that people who are frustrated by exalting are frustrated for the reasons I said? Then again I'm not sure if you were responding to me
-- Sevastian
2qkpb88.jpg
Just popping in to say that I've been happy with the coli drops, only getting some rare drops, missing others, and this while spending a ton of time grinding a day.
Just popping in to say that I've been happy with the coli drops, only getting some rare drops, missing others, and this while spending a ton of time grinding a day.
Lightning retiree, Dom Dormer
q2ZFmJW.pnggptJKcP.png
1 2 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44