Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Words on the Wind, Vol. 2
1 2 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
If people are THAT concerned with their hatchling name lists or whatever why don't they just name their dragons that they sell? It's not like it'll deter anyone who actually wants your dragon, and it saves the exalters time and you a headache. I just? don't get it.
If people are THAT concerned with their hatchling name lists or whatever why don't they just name their dragons that they sell? It's not like it'll deter anyone who actually wants your dragon, and it saves the exalters time and you a headache. I just? don't get it.
iZL3f1a.png
I NEED THAT GAME. AND THOSE GENES. RIGHT. NOW.
Also, thank you for taking action on the whole naming drama, that was getting so out of hand. Maybe now people will calm down. (and if naming is still an issue, name them yourself and then sell them cheaper)
Will we ever see a revision/fix on the stacking of Ambush and the fact that Berserker is broken?
I NEED THAT GAME. AND THOSE GENES. RIGHT. NOW.
Also, thank you for taking action on the whole naming drama, that was getting so out of hand. Maybe now people will calm down. (and if naming is still an issue, name them yourself and then sell them cheaper)
Will we ever see a revision/fix on the stacking of Ambush and the fact that Berserker is broken?
OH MY HOh HOHOHOho
The new genes look fabulous and the game looks something I would play for a long time
I CANT WAIT FOR ALL OF TIHS
OH MY HOh HOHOHOho
The new genes look fabulous and the game looks something I would play for a long time
I CANT WAIT FOR ALL OF TIHS
tumblr_inline_nfy1rclt8I1qblnye.giftumblr_inline_nfy1rclt8I1qblnye.giftumblr_inline_nfy1rclt8I1qblnye.gif
I think an issue what most of the staff members seem to forget here is that people can easily harass you in another language. Like i'm from Germany myself and i'm pretty sure that 'penis' is on the blacklist, but i bet the german word 'pimmel' is not.
A 'mulch' is called 'Steinmulch' or 'Molch' in our country and 'shut up' would be 'klappe'. So basically what i'm saying is, if someone really wants to harass you he'll find a way and to elude this kind of event you'd have to start to ban like a dozen words in other languages too and that's just not working.
I think an issue what most of the staff members seem to forget here is that people can easily harass you in another language. Like i'm from Germany myself and i'm pretty sure that 'penis' is on the blacklist, but i bet the german word 'pimmel' is not.
A 'mulch' is called 'Steinmulch' or 'Molch' in our country and 'shut up' would be 'klappe'. So basically what i'm saying is, if someone really wants to harass you he'll find a way and to elude this kind of event you'd have to start to ban like a dozen words in other languages too and that's just not working.
[quote name="BatCrooks" date="2014-02-06 12:21:52"]@NerdEsq Yeah, but disregarding the vote of no confidence in the player base by doing it that way, people will do that anyway now. It's just that the blacklisted words are going to have to be found by people looking for them and shared by word of mouth. People like the idea of using fodder names on fodder dragons, and honestly, adhering to the actual themes of their flight is ADORABLE and shows an actual level of loyalty to the site. Obviously the administrators can do whatever they want with their own site but I don't think it's bad to voice concerns over what they decide. Most of us actively give them money, after all.[/quote] If people are really going to go through so much trouble as to make sure their lulz-y word that they use makes it to the masses (and yes I am aware that that is sort of what happened here, but I am talking long term; it happening again and again and again over time) then they are the ones causing the issue. And FR staff can't control what happens outside of their site for the most part. But what they can control is not laying all of the cards on the table within their site when it comes to the words that are banned, which would just fuel the fire. No one is saying that you can't voice concern. But there is a "proper" way to do so. And by proper I don't mean right or wrong necessarily. I'm using proper to mean the most effective/easiest way for staff to handle makes it the appropriate way to go about it. I'm not advocating for putting any staff up on a pedestal and saying their word is law. I'm just saying that they are giving us a way to counter their decision and it should be used.
BatCrooks wrote on 2014-02-06 12:21:52:
@NerdEsq Yeah, but disregarding the vote of no confidence in the player base by doing it that way, people will do that anyway now. It's just that the blacklisted words are going to have to be found by people looking for them and shared by word of mouth. People like the idea of using fodder names on fodder dragons, and honestly, adhering to the actual themes of their flight is ADORABLE and shows an actual level of loyalty to the site.

Obviously the administrators can do whatever they want with their own site but I don't think it's bad to voice concerns over what they decide. Most of us actively give them money, after all.
If people are really going to go through so much trouble as to make sure their lulz-y word that they use makes it to the masses (and yes I am aware that that is sort of what happened here, but I am talking long term; it happening again and again and again over time) then they are the ones causing the issue. And FR staff can't control what happens outside of their site for the most part. But what they can control is not laying all of the cards on the table within their site when it comes to the words that are banned, which would just fuel the fire.

No one is saying that you can't voice concern. But there is a "proper" way to do so. And by proper I don't mean right or wrong necessarily. I'm using proper to mean the most effective/easiest way for staff to handle makes it the appropriate way to go about it. I'm not advocating for putting any staff up on a pedestal and saying their word is law. I'm just saying that they are giving us a way to counter their decision and it should be used.
tumblr_inline_ny7iufldYa1qmzhvw_540.png
@NerdEsq Right, so ban the player, don't ban the name. That's what it keeps coming back to.
@NerdEsq Right, so ban the player, don't ban the name. That's what it keeps coming back to.
[quote name="BatCrooks" date="2014-02-06 12:40:22"]@NerdEsq Right, so ban the player, don't ban the name. That's what it keeps coming back to.[/quote] Well, I touched on that in previous posts. The end goal is to ban the player but banning the word might have to occur. If it is a recurring problem or if it needs to happen on a temporary basis so that it can be sorted out. I'm also going to put this here/advertise my suggestion because I do think it would help: http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=sug&id=1034980
BatCrooks wrote on 2014-02-06 12:40:22:

Well, I touched on that in previous posts. The end goal is to ban the player but banning the word might have to occur. If it is a recurring problem or if it needs to happen on a temporary basis so that it can be sorted out.

I'm also going to put this here/advertise my suggestion because I do think it would help: http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=sug&id=1034980
tumblr_inline_ny7iufldYa1qmzhvw_540.png
Very excited for the new game and new genes!!
Very excited for the new game and new genes!!
I'm on various websites so here's where I'm at.
My LinkTr.ee
Looking forward to those new genes!
Looking forward to those new genes!
tumblr_n9shtd9ond1sa1lv2o1_500.png
[quote]We've taken your feedback seriously and are exploring several ways to adjust Play to make it a more satisfying, enjoyable experience for you without making it rain treasure and Familiars.[/quote] Maybe tweak the Coliseum's drop algorithms (or however loot is determined) so that things are more evenly distributed and one person isn't getting piles of special/"rare" items while dozens of other people never or very, very, very, very rarely see anything that isn't dirt-common? (or go on no-loot sprees that can last for several games.) And maybe fix that thing where ranged/magical attacks [i]slow everything to a crawl[/i], too... A more reasonable payout for Fairground games would be nice, as well. For as expensive as [i]everything[/i] is here, the overwhelmingly tiny payouts make things so much more frustrating than they need to be. No, that doesn't mean that I (or anyone) expect 100k from half an hour of Shock Switch, but something a bit more generous than what we currently get wouldn't hurt...
Quote:
We've taken your feedback seriously and are exploring several ways to adjust Play to make it a more satisfying, enjoyable experience for you without making it rain treasure and Familiars.

Maybe tweak the Coliseum's drop algorithms (or however loot is determined) so that things are more evenly distributed and one person isn't getting piles of special/"rare" items while dozens of other people never or very, very, very, very rarely see anything that isn't dirt-common? (or go on no-loot sprees that can last for several games.)

And maybe fix that thing where ranged/magical attacks slow everything to a crawl, too...

A more reasonable payout for Fairground games would be nice, as well. For as expensive as everything is here, the overwhelmingly tiny payouts make things so much more frustrating than they need to be. No, that doesn't mean that I (or anyone) expect 100k from half an hour of Shock Switch, but something a bit more generous than what we currently get wouldn't hurt...
1 2 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44