Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Words on the Wind, Vol. 2
1 2 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
@Inuyashagirl521
Lol as funny as that statement is I'd actually advise you to change it as referencing killing is usually a no-no on most sites :P
@Inuyashagirl521
Lol as funny as that statement is I'd actually advise you to change it as referencing killing is usually a no-no on most sites :P
tumblr_ngnjgvFzfC1scuu34o1_500.png]
@Undel If I edit out the name can the spirit of the question be answered? :\ Can people be banned for naming a lot of dragons something that eventually gets blacklisted?

ETA: Sorry, I mean -- Could action be taken against a player for naming exalted dragons a word that, upon review by an administrator, gets blacklisted for reasons that aren't shared with the player?
@Undel If I edit out the name can the spirit of the question be answered? :\ Can people be banned for naming a lot of dragons something that eventually gets blacklisted?

ETA: Sorry, I mean -- Could action be taken against a player for naming exalted dragons a word that, upon review by an administrator, gets blacklisted for reasons that aren't shared with the player?
@lizziecat1279
"I don't want this dragon anymore-" EXALT IT
"I have no space-" EXALT IT
"He's kinda ugly-" EXALT IT

There are not many ways to earn money on this site that require a couple clicks. Grinding the fairgrounds is usually too long and tedious for people and there arent many items on the site to sell yet. OH THIS FUNK WE'RE IN
@lizziecat1279
"I don't want this dragon anymore-" EXALT IT
"I have no space-" EXALT IT
"He's kinda ugly-" EXALT IT

There are not many ways to earn money on this site that require a couple clicks. Grinding the fairgrounds is usually too long and tedious for people and there arent many items on the site to sell yet. OH THIS FUNK WE'RE IN
tumblr_ngnjgvFzfC1scuu34o1_500.png]
@JetBlackSteel
I appreciate you considering my forum safety. I'll edit it to harm or something.
Though, I think it is a very valid point.
Something like that is bound to pop up eventually, I'm sure.
@JetBlackSteel
I appreciate you considering my forum safety. I'll edit it to harm or something.
Though, I think it is a very valid point.
Something like that is bound to pop up eventually, I'm sure.
@JetBlackSteel
I know right?
I only run into problems when I'm not done staring at the dragons in my lair but want to get some space.
Like today, since today's exalt bonus is tundras (and I have a TON of tundras crowding up my lair since I have a ridiculous love for the fluffballs) ...but which ones do I exalt? That is my only question XD
@JetBlackSteel
I know right?
I only run into problems when I'm not done staring at the dragons in my lair but want to get some space.
Like today, since today's exalt bonus is tundras (and I have a TON of tundras crowding up my lair since I have a ridiculous love for the fluffballs) ...but which ones do I exalt? That is my only question XD
1artismydrug_by_lizziecat1279-d8e77ji.png wsc_banner_by_lizziecat1279-db1jbdq.pngwyrillengenedresize_by_lizziecat1279-d8e77m6.png
I'm confused as to what the problem exactly is with naming exaltees the same thing. According to most of what I've seen regarding exaltation and names, many people would be happy if the offspring was just named at all.

I personally don't care if my babies are exalted with or without names, and I don't care what names people do give them. I exalt mine unnamed all the time (unless they're adults, then I randomize the names for training in the coliseum).

It's also worth noting that once a dragon is out of your lair it's not actually yours anymore. You don't have any control over it; the most you can do is ask a person to do or not do [insert thing here] but there is no guarantee they will or won't do it. So why does it even matter what name it's given, as long as it's not inappropriate? If you don't want your dragons exalted isn't it better to just keep them?

I keep feeling more and more like if dominance is going to cause problems like individual names getting banned, then maybe we'd all be better off without dominance and exaltation to fight over. :c
I'm confused as to what the problem exactly is with naming exaltees the same thing. According to most of what I've seen regarding exaltation and names, many people would be happy if the offspring was just named at all.

I personally don't care if my babies are exalted with or without names, and I don't care what names people do give them. I exalt mine unnamed all the time (unless they're adults, then I randomize the names for training in the coliseum).

It's also worth noting that once a dragon is out of your lair it's not actually yours anymore. You don't have any control over it; the most you can do is ask a person to do or not do [insert thing here] but there is no guarantee they will or won't do it. So why does it even matter what name it's given, as long as it's not inappropriate? If you don't want your dragons exalted isn't it better to just keep them?

I keep feeling more and more like if dominance is going to cause problems like individual names getting banned, then maybe we'd all be better off without dominance and exaltation to fight over. :c
eyQdv.gif
@Kadaj
People were offended that a user was mass naming exaltees things like Mulch and Fertilizer because they felt it implied that their hatchlings were poo or ground up goop. So Mulch and Fertilizer was banned.

I agree with you and your stance on names and such. If it bugs me enough to know that a dragon would be exalted unnamed...I name it myself, and often exalt it myself.
@Kadaj
People were offended that a user was mass naming exaltees things like Mulch and Fertilizer because they felt it implied that their hatchlings were poo or ground up goop. So Mulch and Fertilizer was banned.

I agree with you and your stance on names and such. If it bugs me enough to know that a dragon would be exalted unnamed...I name it myself, and often exalt it myself.
1artismydrug_by_lizziecat1279-d8e77ji.png wsc_banner_by_lizziecat1279-db1jbdq.pngwyrillengenedresize_by_lizziecat1279-d8e77m6.png
I feel like the only reason to get upset over a blacklist of names would be if you were one of the people naming them offensively? If they are your own dragons, by all means. Name them however you wish. I remember a player posting in the FR discussion thread that someone was buying their dragons off of the AH and naming them "ShutUp," a manner in which the player was being harrased on Tumblr about as well. When she named her dragons before selling, the player bought a renaming scroll and named them "RenamedShutUp" etc. That's the goal that the admins are trying to prevent.

Maybe instead of posting in outrage here, make a thread in the Suggestions forum including a list of names that are not harmful or derogatory, explain why they are not, and ask the mods to consider taking them off the black list? I don't think Mulch or Fertilizer should be on the list, personally, it's hardly offensive unless you are buying every one of that person's dragons and naming them Mulch obsessively.

As for the original topic, yay new genes! I'm quite excited. I bet browns will look lovely with them. c:
I feel like the only reason to get upset over a blacklist of names would be if you were one of the people naming them offensively? If they are your own dragons, by all means. Name them however you wish. I remember a player posting in the FR discussion thread that someone was buying their dragons off of the AH and naming them "ShutUp," a manner in which the player was being harrased on Tumblr about as well. When she named her dragons before selling, the player bought a renaming scroll and named them "RenamedShutUp" etc. That's the goal that the admins are trying to prevent.

Maybe instead of posting in outrage here, make a thread in the Suggestions forum including a list of names that are not harmful or derogatory, explain why they are not, and ask the mods to consider taking them off the black list? I don't think Mulch or Fertilizer should be on the list, personally, it's hardly offensive unless you are buying every one of that person's dragons and naming them Mulch obsessively.

As for the original topic, yay new genes! I'm quite excited. I bet browns will look lovely with them. c:
Click The Imperial Below to Get a Free Unhatched Egg!
X1e9cjr.gif
[quote name="Confectionary" date="2014-02-06 11:23:21"]I feel like the only reason to get upset over a blacklist of names would be if you were one of the people naming them offensively? If they are your own dragons, by all means. Name them however you wish. I remember a player posting in the FR discussion thread that someone was buying their dragons off of the AH and naming them "ShutUp," a manner in which the player was being harrased on Tumblr about as well. When she named her dragons before selling, the player bought a renaming scroll and named them "RenamedShutUp" etc. [b]That's[/b] the goal that the admins are trying to prevent. Maybe instead of posting in outrage here, make a thread in the Suggestions forum including a list of names that are [b]not[/b] harmful or derogatory, explain why they are not, and ask the mods to consider taking them off the black list? I don't think Mulch or Fertilizer should be on the list, personally, it's hardly offensive unless you are buying every one of that person's dragons and naming them Mulch obsessively. As for the original topic, yay new genes! I'm quite excited. I bet browns will look lovely with them. c:[/quote] @Confectionary I'm upset about it and I very rarely name exalted dragons. In fact, I can't think of any that I've named beyond battle purposes and even then, I'm too lazy to do anymore than randomize. I'm upset because I don't like the degree of censorship and think this should be a case by case basis. The main goal is to stop people from being offensive, but they'll find a way around it no matter what if they really want to. I don't think a user base of people who name their dragons for fun should be punished. Also, some good points have been raised here if you read the thread. This can be abused and cause accidents that leave a sour taste in people's mouth.
Confectionary wrote on 2014-02-06 11:23:21:

@Confectionary
I'm upset about it and I very rarely name exalted dragons. In fact, I can't think of any that I've named beyond battle purposes and even then, I'm too lazy to do anymore than randomize.
I'm upset because I don't like the degree of censorship and think this should be a case by case basis.
The main goal is to stop people from being offensive, but they'll find a way around it no matter what if they really want to.
I don't think a user base of people who name their dragons for fun should be punished.
Also, some good points have been raised here if you read the thread.
This can be abused and cause accidents that leave a sour taste in people's mouth.
The thing that's hilarious with all this is a small group of people made so much noise expecting the world to cater to their needs/wants when it came to a game that it's causing even more problems when the site tried to cater to that small group.
The thing that's hilarious with all this is a small group of people made so much noise expecting the world to cater to their needs/wants when it came to a game that it's causing even more problems when the site tried to cater to that small group.
tumblr_inline_oiamx6wpfn1r3h1o8_540.png
1 2 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44