Back

Adoptables

Create, adopt, or show off your adoptables.
TOPIC | [Hiatus]Valiant Frontier - a MonHun ARPG
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 30 31
@RosharanNoivern Good afternoon! Let's go Girian, sponge fight!! >:D [rule] [center][size=7][font=Times New Roman]! Encounter ![/font][/size] [rule] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/884635334825107546/924200590945435678/royal_ludroth.png[/img] [size=4][b]Royal Ludroth[/b][/size] [i]Level 2[/i] [b]35[/b] Health | [b]5[/b] Attack | [b]0[/b] Defense | [b]0[/b] Int. Bonus [rule] [i]Rolling Initiative...[/i] Royal Ludroth: [b]7[/b] | Girian: [b]3(+1)[/b] [i][b]Combat Start![/b][/i] Royal Ludroth rolls [b]8[/b]! Royal Ludroth attacks! [i]Not effective...[/i] Girian takes [b]2[/b] damage! [i](Health 23 -> 21)[/i] Girian rolls [b]7[/b]! Girian attacks! [i]Not effective...[/i] Royal Ludroth takes [b]7[/b] damage! [i](Health 35 -> 28)[/i] Royal Ludroth rolls [b]9[/b]! Royal Ludroth attacks! [i]Not effective...[/i] Girian takes [b]2[/b] damage! [i](Health 21 -> 19)[/i] Girian rolls [b]4[/b]! Girian attacks! [i]Not effective...[/i] Royal Ludroth takes [b]7[/b] damage! [i](Health 28 -> 21)[/i] Royal Ludroth rolls [b]12[/b]! Royal Ludroth attacks! [i]Not effective...[/i] Girian takes [b]2[/b] damage! [i](Health 19 -> 17)[/i] Girian rolls [b]13[/b]! Girian attacks! [i]Not effective...[/i] Royal Ludroth takes [b]7[/b] damage! [i](Health 21 -> 14)[/i] Royal Ludroth rolls [b]11[/b]! Royal Ludroth attacks! [i]Not effective...[/i] Girian takes [b]2[/b] damage! [i](Health 17 -> 15)[/i] Girian rolls [b]5[/b]! Girian attacks! [i]Not effective...[/i] Royal Ludroth takes [b]7[/b] damage! [i](Health 14 -> 7)[/i] Royal Ludroth rolls [b]9[/b]! Royal Ludroth attacks! [i]Not effective...[/i] Girian takes [b]2[/b] damage! [i](Health 15 -> 13)[/i] Girian rolls [b]6[/b]! Girian attacks! [i]Not effective...[/i] Royal Ludroth takes [b]7[/b] damage! [i](Health 7 -> 0)[/i] [i][b]Royal Ludroth is defeated![/b][/i] [b]Girian receives:[/b] [i]Spongy Hide x2, Royal Ludroth Tail x1, Royal Ludroth Scale x1, Royal Ludroth Claw x1[/i] [b]Gained 50 XP![/b] [i](100/200 to next level)[/i] [b]Received one "Sure-Shot" Skill Token![/b] [rule] [/center]
@RosharanNoivern
Good afternoon! Let's go Girian, sponge fight!! >:D

! Encounter !
royal_ludroth.png

Royal Ludroth
Level 2
35 Health | 5 Attack | 0 Defense | 0 Int. Bonus

Rolling Initiative...

Royal Ludroth: 7 | Girian: 3(+1)

Combat Start!

Royal Ludroth rolls 8!
Royal Ludroth attacks! Not effective...
Girian takes 2 damage! (Health 23 -> 21)

Girian rolls 7!
Girian attacks! Not effective...
Royal Ludroth takes 7 damage! (Health 35 -> 28)

Royal Ludroth rolls 9!
Girian takes 2 damage! (Health 21 -> 19)

Girian rolls 4!
Royal Ludroth takes 7 damage! (Health 28 -> 21)

Royal Ludroth rolls 12!
Girian takes 2 damage! (Health 19 -> 17)

Girian rolls 13!
Royal Ludroth takes 7 damage! (Health 21 -> 14)

Royal Ludroth rolls 11!
Girian takes 2 damage! (Health 17 -> 15)

Girian rolls 5!
Royal Ludroth takes 7 damage! (Health 14 -> 7)

Royal Ludroth rolls 9!
Girian takes 2 damage! (Health 15 -> 13)

Girian rolls 6!
Royal Ludroth takes 7 damage! (Health 7 -> 0)

Royal Ludroth is defeated!

Girian receives:
Spongy Hide x2, Royal Ludroth Tail x1, Royal Ludroth Scale x1, Royal Ludroth Claw x1

Gained 50 XP!
(100/200 to next level)

Received one "Sure-Shot" Skill Token!

left_anim_a.gif adoptables.png
art_shop.png
skin_shop.png
info.png tumblr.png
dragcave.png
@liminalspace Sounds fair, and to be honest, I think I woulda made the same decision if I was in your shoes xD I've added Pi's level-up, and marked those potions down in your inventory; thank you, by the way!! @Fushide [i]The moonlight glitters favourably through the Peaks' crystal clusters, bathing the landscape in an iridescent motley of color. Rocky outcroppings make for a somewhat strenuous travel, that boat captain neglecting to inform you of the cons of this journey you'd chosen to partake. The sight, however, was almost incredible enough to make you ignore the aches in your knees. Distantly, a signature roar bellows out into the darkness. Moments later, large, cobalt wings take off into the night, an Azure Rathalos with a prize of sorts in its talons. A fresh meal for itself, no doubt. You make your way up to the site where the wyvern had just flown off from; the closer you got, the brighter this sudden firey hue took over your surroundings. Small wisps of flame crackled up ahead, little embers filling the air with even more dots of color. At the centerpiece of it all, a ragged, charring bed of twigs and leaves was slowly turning to ash. Ah--what's this? ...No, there are still eggs occupying the nest!! You scramble for the bundle of foliage, eager to hurry and save what was left of the slain monster's lineage before it, too, was consumed by flames. Rifling around, you come across many eggs that didn't seem to make it past the two monsters' squabble, various harsh cracks and concavities in their forms. One egg, furthest away from the rest, seemed devoid of much damage, gratefully. You waste no time in plucking it free, cradling it in your arms and darting away from the unforgiving flames. Tossing and turning the seed of life in your arms, it appeared as if the only abnormality tainting its shell was the natural soil of the surrounding landscape it had just come from. You look back, sorrowful that things had happened the way they did... but determined to give this little one a fighting chance. Welcome to the fold, friend.[/i] [rule] [center][b]Congratulations! You've obtained an egg![/b] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/926169036792950895/929459301729333278/brdwyv_03.png[/img] [i]Genus: Bird Wyvern Skills Detected: [b]1[/b][/i] Egg will hatch on: [b]January 11th[/b] Good luck! [rule] [/center] Wow!! Fortune really smiles on you! No monsters to encounter, and [i]that egg[/i]... I tried to write in something to tie into how our dear Himmel goes about this sort of business ^^ Hope what I provided is fine for you! If it isn't, feel free to retcon anything xD I seriously won't mind!
@liminalspace
Sounds fair, and to be honest, I think I woulda made the same decision if I was in your shoes xD
I've added Pi's level-up, and marked those potions down in your inventory; thank you, by the way!!

@Fushide

The moonlight glitters favourably through the Peaks' crystal clusters, bathing the landscape in an iridescent motley of color. Rocky outcroppings make for a somewhat strenuous travel, that boat captain neglecting to inform you of the cons of this journey you'd chosen to partake. The sight, however, was almost incredible enough to make you ignore the aches in your knees.

Distantly, a signature roar bellows out into the darkness. Moments later, large, cobalt wings take off into the night, an Azure Rathalos with a prize of sorts in its talons. A fresh meal for itself, no doubt. You make your way up to the site where the wyvern had just flown off from; the closer you got, the brighter this sudden firey hue took over your surroundings.

Small wisps of flame crackled up ahead, little embers filling the air with even more dots of color. At the centerpiece of it all, a ragged, charring bed of twigs and leaves was slowly turning to ash.

Ah--what's this? ...No, there are still eggs occupying the nest!!

You scramble for the bundle of foliage, eager to hurry and save what was left of the slain monster's lineage before it, too, was consumed by flames. Rifling around, you come across many eggs that didn't seem to make it past the two monsters' squabble, various harsh cracks and concavities in their forms. One egg, furthest away from the rest, seemed devoid of much damage, gratefully. You waste no time in plucking it free, cradling it in your arms and darting away from the unforgiving flames.

Tossing and turning the seed of life in your arms, it appeared as if the only abnormality tainting its shell was the natural soil of the surrounding landscape it had just come from. You look back, sorrowful that things had happened the way they did... but determined to give this little one a fighting chance. Welcome to the fold, friend.

Congratulations! You've obtained an egg!
brdwyv_03.png
Genus: Bird Wyvern
Skills Detected: 1

Egg will hatch on: January 11th

Good luck!

Wow!! Fortune really smiles on you! No monsters to encounter, and that egg...

I tried to write in something to tie into how our dear Himmel goes about this sort of business ^^ Hope what I provided is fine for you! If it isn't, feel free to retcon anything xD I seriously won't mind!
art_shop.png
skin_shop.png
info.png tumblr.png
dragcave.png
no prob, and thank you!

and for today, i'll send Pietersite #014 on the slaying quest for a feral Nargacuga again!
no prob, and thank you!

and for today, i'll send Pietersite #014 on the slaying quest for a feral Nargacuga again!
chevffinal.png ..
top.png

pixq.png - ---- ----

pixq.png - ---- ----

bottom.png
ECLIPSE
THE
SUN
@chorderaos ! Amazing!! I really loved their interactions together, and I really loved the inclusion of a little prologue in the beginning <3 There's so much fantastic talent in this thread... I'm in awe [emoji=bogsneak star size=1] I've awarded Oscar his much-deserved XP boost, and marked down those items into your inventory. Really great stuff!! @SuddenShimmer CRs can be sent for shop items whenever you'd like! Doesn't make much difference to me :p And now, let the second sponge fight of the day... begin! [rule] [center][size=7][font=Times New Roman]! Encounter ![/font][/size] [rule] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/884635334825107546/924200590945435678/royal_ludroth.png[/img] [size=4][b]Royal Ludroth[/b][/size] [i]Level 1[/i] [b]30[/b] Health | [b]5[/b] Attack | [b]0[/b] Defense | [b]0[/b] Int. Bonus [rule] [i]Rolling Initiative...[/i] Royal Ludroth: [b]3[/b] | River: [b]5(+1)[/b] [i][b]Combat Start![/b][/i] River rolls [b]16[/b]! River attacks! [i]Not effective...[/i] Royal Ludroth takes [b]7[/b] damage! [i](Health 30 -> 23)[/i] Royal Ludroth rolls [b]8[/b]! Royal Ludroth attacks! [i]Not effective...[/i] River takes [b]2[/b] damage! [i](Health 35 -> 33)[/i] River rolls [b]9[/b]! River attacks! [i]Not effective...[/i] Royal Ludroth takes [b]7[/b] damage! [i](Health 23 -> 16)[/i] Royal Ludroth rolls [b]12[/b]! Royal Ludroth attacks! [i]Not effective...[/i] River takes [b]2[/b] damage! [i](Health 33 -> 31)[/i] River rolls [b]4[/b]! River attacks! [i]Not effective...[/i] Royal Ludroth takes [b]7[/b] damage! [i](Health 16 -> 9)[/i] Royal Ludroth rolls [b]15[/b]! Royal Ludroth attacks! [i]Not effective...[/i] River takes [b]2[/b] damage! [i](Health 31 -> 29)[/i] River rolls [b]19[/b]! River attacks! [i]Not effective... Critical hit![/i] Royal Ludroth takes [b]11[/b] damage! [i](Health 9 -> 0)[/i] [i][b]Royal Ludroth is defeated![/b][/i] [b]River receives:[/b] [i]Royal Ludroth Crest x1, Royal Ludroth Scale x2, Royal Ludroth Claw x1, Spongy Hide x1[/i] [b]Gained 50 XP![/b] [i](125/200 to next level)[/i] [b]Received one "Sure-Shot" Skill Token![/b] [rule] [/center]
@chorderaos
! Amazing!! I really loved their interactions together, and I really loved the inclusion of a little prologue in the beginning <3 There's so much fantastic talent in this thread... I'm in awe
I've awarded Oscar his much-deserved XP boost, and marked down those items into your inventory. Really great stuff!!

@SuddenShimmer
CRs can be sent for shop items whenever you'd like! Doesn't make much difference to me :p
And now, let the second sponge fight of the day... begin!

! Encounter !
royal_ludroth.png

Royal Ludroth
Level 1
30 Health | 5 Attack | 0 Defense | 0 Int. Bonus

Rolling Initiative...

Royal Ludroth: 3 | River: 5(+1)

Combat Start!

River rolls 16!
River attacks! Not effective...
Royal Ludroth takes 7 damage! (Health 30 -> 23)

Royal Ludroth rolls 8!
River takes 2 damage! (Health 35 -> 33)

River rolls 9!
Royal Ludroth takes 7 damage! (Health 23 -> 16)

Royal Ludroth rolls 12!
River takes 2 damage! (Health 33 -> 31)

River rolls 4!
Royal Ludroth takes 7 damage! (Health 16 -> 9)

Royal Ludroth rolls 15!
River takes 2 damage! (Health 31 -> 29)

River rolls 19!
River attacks! Not effective... Critical hit!
Royal Ludroth takes 11 damage! (Health 9 -> 0)

Royal Ludroth is defeated!

River receives:
Royal Ludroth Crest x1, Royal Ludroth Scale x2, Royal Ludroth Claw x1, Spongy Hide x1

Gained 50 XP!
(125/200 to next level)

Received one "Sure-Shot" Skill Token!

art_shop.png
skin_shop.png
info.png tumblr.png
dragcave.png
@liminalspace Good stuff! This kitty cat's been left to its devices for a good minute now >:) [rule] [center][size=7][font=Times New Roman]! Encounter ![/font][/size] [rule] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/884635334825107546/924200590681210900/narga.png[/img] [size=4][b]Nargacuga[/b][/size] [i]Level 2[/i] [b]40[/b] Health | [b]7[/b] Attack | [b]1[/b] Defense | [b]3[/b] Int. Bonus [rule] [i]Rolling Initiative...[/i] Nargacuga: [b]6(+3)[/b] | Pietersite: [b]4(+2)[/b] [i][b]Combat Start![/b][/i] Nargacuga rolls [b]8[/b]! Nargacuga attacks! Pietersite takes [b]4[/b] damage! [i](Health 48 -> 44)[/i] Pietersite rolls [b]2[/b]! Pietersite attacks! Nargacuga takes [b]10[/b] damage! [i](Health 40 -> 30)[/i] Nargacuga rolls [b]8[/b]! Nargacuga attacks! Pietersite takes [b]4[/b] damage! [i](Health 44 -> 40)[/i] Pietersite rolls [b]11[/b]! Pietersite attacks! Nargacuga takes [b]10[/b] damage! [i](Health 30 -> 20)[/i] Nargacuga rolls [b]5[/b]! Nargacuga attacks! Pietersite takes [b]4[/b] damage! [i](Health 40 -> 36)[/i] Pietersite rolls [b]17[/b]! Pietersite attacks! Nargacuga takes [b]10[/b] damage! [i](Health 20 -> 10)[/i] Nargacuga rolls [b]6[/b]! Nargacuga attacks! Pietersite takes [b]4[/b] damage! [i](Health 36 -> 32)[/i] Pietersite rolls [b]12[/b]! Pietersite attacks! Nargacuga takes [b]11[/b] damage! [i](Health 10 -> 0)[/i] [i][b]Nargacuga is defeated![/b][/i] [b]Pietersite receives:[/b] [i]Nargacuga Scale x1, Nargacuga Blackfur x2, Narga Cutting Wing x2[/i] [b]Gained 50 XP![/b] [i](50/250 to next level)[/i] [b]Received one "Elementless" Skill Token![/b] [rule] [/center]
@liminalspace
Good stuff! This kitty cat's been left to its devices for a good minute now >:)

! Encounter !
narga.png

Nargacuga
Level 2
40 Health | 7 Attack | 1 Defense | 3 Int. Bonus

Rolling Initiative...

Nargacuga: 6(+3) | Pietersite: 4(+2)

Combat Start!

Nargacuga rolls 8!
Nargacuga attacks!
Pietersite takes 4 damage! (Health 48 -> 44)

Pietersite rolls 2!
Pietersite attacks!
Nargacuga takes 10 damage! (Health 40 -> 30)

Nargacuga rolls 8!
Nargacuga attacks!
Pietersite takes 4 damage! (Health 44 -> 40)

Pietersite rolls 11!
Pietersite attacks!
Nargacuga takes 10 damage! (Health 30 -> 20)

Nargacuga rolls 5!
Nargacuga attacks!
Pietersite takes 4 damage! (Health 40 -> 36)

Pietersite rolls 17!
Pietersite attacks!
Nargacuga takes 10 damage! (Health 20 -> 10)

Nargacuga rolls 6!
Nargacuga attacks!
Pietersite takes 4 damage! (Health 36 -> 32)

Pietersite rolls 12!
Pietersite attacks!
Nargacuga takes 11 damage! (Health 10 -> 0)

Nargacuga is defeated!

Pietersite receives:
Nargacuga Scale x1, Nargacuga Blackfur x2, Narga Cutting Wing x2

Gained 50 XP!
(50/250 to next level)

Received one "Elementless" Skill Token!

art_shop.png
skin_shop.png
info.png tumblr.png
dragcave.png
Thank you<3 A question I want to make sure of. Once the NPC is released, you'd have to have the physical tokens to combine, correct? We won't be able to "combine" a skill and tokens to create the next level? Or will we?

Next thing I'd like to do is send Oscar (008) on a Slay Nargacuga quest. Here's hoping for another scale and a blackfur. X3
Thank you<3 A question I want to make sure of. Once the NPC is released, you'd have to have the physical tokens to combine, correct? We won't be able to "combine" a skill and tokens to create the next level? Or will we?

Next thing I'd like to do is send Oscar (008) on a Slay Nargacuga quest. Here's hoping for another scale and a blackfur. X3
@Malzykins
Smelling of smoke and stained by ash Himmel picks her way down the rocky cliffs, a brightly-colored egg held tight in her grasp. Her little outing to someplace she'd heard described fervently by many an adventurer in the Peacelands town she visited so much was supposed to be just that- a nice trip to explore and take in the wonders of the world, not seeking the thrill of battle or to fulfill a request. Now, scrambling down a cliffside and doing her best to stay balanced without the use of her arms, that quaint little hike was effectively ruined. The Great Izuchi carefully hooks her tail around a jutting piece of stone, lowering herself down a particularly steep patch of rock to land on on a flatter ledge. Slowly she approaches the shore and a boat waiting to take her back to the mainland. Once she reaches the sand she pauses, giving the shining mountains one last glance. They truly were beautiful; what a shame her trip had been cut short. But she felt no disappointment in pausing her journey to save the egg she now held, and there would be time to return in the future.

Maybe with the monster in this egg by her side.

She's arrived home late again, this time for a vastly different reason. Himmel pushes her way into her tent and resists the urge to hurl herself onto her cot- the little Baggi hatchling, now named Kaeya, had made himself at home amongst her blankets while she was gone. Instead she turns towards the makeshift basket 'nest' in a different corner, squatting down to place the rescued egg into its soft lining. Eyeing it for a minute she decides to add something extra; velveteen tufts of Nargacuga fur are tucked into place around it, partially obscuring the vibrant reds and purples of its surface. Hesitantly stepping over Kaeya to settle into the empty portion of her cot, Himmel focuses tired eyes on the sleeping monster. An unbidden sense of warmth seeps through her, faint hint of a smile rising to her face. This may not have been anything she planned for, but she didn't regret the way things were turning out.

Life was a precious thing. It was good that she had found a curious little friend to share it with.

~~~

Guess I used that health potion for nothing but hey, better to be safe than sorry xD and if that egg is what I think it is... Very worth it!!
What you wrote for this encounter works perfectly for Himmel, no retconning needed! I do love the idea of this being a hike that took an unexpected turn; sightseeing just for the sake of itself is fun, and something that I've been exploring with the Arzuros quest ^^ If we do eventually get a quest in the Glimmering Peaks it's definitely a location I would want to just look around in, it sounds gorgeous and I can imagine Himmel bringing Kaeya and the future monster up just to enjoy the natural beauty.

Will send a crossroads momentarily, thank you again for a wonderful prompt and an egg I can't wait to see hatch <3
@Malzykins
Smelling of smoke and stained by ash Himmel picks her way down the rocky cliffs, a brightly-colored egg held tight in her grasp. Her little outing to someplace she'd heard described fervently by many an adventurer in the Peacelands town she visited so much was supposed to be just that- a nice trip to explore and take in the wonders of the world, not seeking the thrill of battle or to fulfill a request. Now, scrambling down a cliffside and doing her best to stay balanced without the use of her arms, that quaint little hike was effectively ruined. The Great Izuchi carefully hooks her tail around a jutting piece of stone, lowering herself down a particularly steep patch of rock to land on on a flatter ledge. Slowly she approaches the shore and a boat waiting to take her back to the mainland. Once she reaches the sand she pauses, giving the shining mountains one last glance. They truly were beautiful; what a shame her trip had been cut short. But she felt no disappointment in pausing her journey to save the egg she now held, and there would be time to return in the future.

Maybe with the monster in this egg by her side.

She's arrived home late again, this time for a vastly different reason. Himmel pushes her way into her tent and resists the urge to hurl herself onto her cot- the little Baggi hatchling, now named Kaeya, had made himself at home amongst her blankets while she was gone. Instead she turns towards the makeshift basket 'nest' in a different corner, squatting down to place the rescued egg into its soft lining. Eyeing it for a minute she decides to add something extra; velveteen tufts of Nargacuga fur are tucked into place around it, partially obscuring the vibrant reds and purples of its surface. Hesitantly stepping over Kaeya to settle into the empty portion of her cot, Himmel focuses tired eyes on the sleeping monster. An unbidden sense of warmth seeps through her, faint hint of a smile rising to her face. This may not have been anything she planned for, but she didn't regret the way things were turning out.

Life was a precious thing. It was good that she had found a curious little friend to share it with.

~~~

Guess I used that health potion for nothing but hey, better to be safe than sorry xD and if that egg is what I think it is... Very worth it!!
What you wrote for this encounter works perfectly for Himmel, no retconning needed! I do love the idea of this being a hike that took an unexpected turn; sightseeing just for the sake of itself is fun, and something that I've been exploring with the Arzuros quest ^^ If we do eventually get a quest in the Glimmering Peaks it's definitely a location I would want to just look around in, it sounds gorgeous and I can imagine Himmel bringing Kaeya and the future monster up just to enjoy the natural beauty.

Will send a crossroads momentarily, thank you again for a wonderful prompt and an egg I can't wait to see hatch <3
udj6wT1.png 1ulURsc.gif
wow ! this is really long i'm so sorry lmao

~

It was a few days before Himmel would take on any more ventures, tired from both her failed vacation and the battles she had fought beforehand. Her planned break hadn't been very restful but the time off after was much needed, a respite for her to simply stroll around the nearby Peacelands town and chat with Kiki. Now, however, Himmel was ready to head out again- and after examining the quest board for any new slips of hastily scribbled parchment, she found the perfect one.

The writing on the paper she had grabbed was hard to decipher despite clear effort put into the message, letters spaced evenly though they themselves were... very near indistinguishable at times. At least she could make out a location (she was pretty certain that said Bolstering Taiga) and something to bring- honey. There was the easy way of just buying some honey at one of the many shops in town but Himmel decides to forgo that option, returning to her tent instead to rifle through her things in search of bottles. Of course they had settled at the bottom of her junk pile. Getting organized should be a priority for sometime soon... Maybe. She dumps the contents of her satchel into a large bin, sliding the retrieved bottles and some strips of Moofah jerky into the now-empty bag. Kaeya hurries over, interested in the commotion. He has yet to make a sound, quiet intelligence shining in his eyes despite not saying a word. A small claw is pointed towards the tent's entrance, accompanied by a head tilting in curiosity- are you leaving? Can I come? Himmel hesitates for a moment but eventually nods, scooping the small monster into her arms and depositing him into her satchel. He tightens the drawstrings with a smug grin; free ride acquired.

The pair set off, jars clinking in the bottom of Himmel's satchel with each step. Her plan is simple- she'll make her way towards the Bolstering Taiga, watching for beehives along the way. Surely there will be at least one or two hives between here and her destination. She feels the weight in her satchel shifting and looks down at Kaeya, who has wiggled halfway out of the bag to take in more of their surroundings. Her laugh is fond, watching his barely contained excitement at the wide open plains. Flora and fauna alike dot the grassy expanse, trees standing tall while herds of Aptonoth graze on the lush vegetation. Even without a bee in sight Himmel is glad to have taken this route; the scenery alone makes up for the potential difficulty of finding hives. Having to move slow enough to look for them only gives her more opportunity to drink in the sun and gentle wind billowing through the grass.

An hour into their welcome excursion something whizzes past Himmel's ear with a whining buzz- a bee, laden with pollen and likely returning to its home. Kaeya notices too, bright gaze following the little insect's flight. She follows the sound, leaving the truly open plains to jog through a sparse woodland. Soon the bee disappears into the trunk of a gnarled tree, the throbbing hum of wings growing as the duo move closer. Himmel sets her bag (and Kaeya) down a short distance away and approaches the trunk, peering through holes in the old wood. A flash of gold, syrupy and bright, beckons her from inside. Moving slowly she slices open a panel of the trunk with her claws, setting it aside to look at the treasure she had revealed. Honeycomb. More than she knew what to do with.

”Kaeya! Can you bring the bottles over?” She calls back to the young Baggi, examining the combs with undisguised glee. There was more than enough here to fill the containers she had brought, and she… definitely had more than five. Both Himmel and the Arzuros would be feasting on the liquid gold spoils. Soon Kaeya races towards her with bottles in hand, struggling to carry them all at once. Himmel, already at work, hands him a dripping piece of honeycomb as soon as he sets the bottles down. His eyes blow wide at the amount of sugary sweetness he holds; he looks up to the Izuchi with a pleading expression.

Himmel sighs gently, shaking her head in a playfully irritated manner.
”Yes, you can have the first piece.” Kaeya holds the treat up triumphantly, preparing to take a bite. “But,” he pauses to listen, “the next three have to go into the bottles. Deal?”

”Deal.” The youngling’s voice, unexpectedly smooth, is almost as surprising to Himmel as how much honeycomb he can stuff into his mouth at once. Even if he had more to say there was no way he’d be getting any words out now, face too full of honey to make more than a happy hum of approval. Finishing off the comb with gusto Kaeya wipes his mouth with a paw, inadvertently sweeping the tiny tuft of fur on his chin off to the side- it stays in its new position, held by the stickiness of honey. Himmel steps away from the hole in the trunk, plopping down in the grass beside Kaeya with a stack of cut honeycomb. Together they pack the bottles with raw honey and fragments of comb, Kaeya sneaking pieces when he thinks Himmel won’t notice while she does her best to hold in chuckles at his failed attempts to be inconspicuous.

By midafternoon the bottles are full and their hands are washed in a nearby stream, Himmel’s bag now carrying a load of amazing honey (and they can both confirm that it really is amazing). This time Kaeya elects to walk with her, pattering footsteps doing their best to keep up with her deliberately slow strides. It takes awhile to find the Arzuros; when they do he smells the honey near immediately, barely managing to keep his paws off of Himmel’s bag.

A small chat over stashing bottles full of honey away turns into a long conversation and freshly-made chamomile tea, Himmel enjoying the surprisingly polite Arzuros’ company despite his clear desire to take the few jars of honey she had saved for herself and Kaeya. The old bear didn’t get many visitors; he had many stories to tell, if only someone would listen. Having some epic tales spun by a roaring fire was great for bringing Kaeya further out of his shell, gasping and exclaiming while the Arzuros gestured wildly to accompany his words. As the sun begins to dip below the horizon Himmel and Kaeya leave the cozy Taiga home with some of the monster’s tea blends stashed away alongside the promised reward of another shining token. Following their path back through the Peacelands, Himmel carries a tired Kaeya atop her shoulders- a grin spreads from her face to his every time he offers her a piece of the Moofah jerky she had packed.

This may not have been the relaxing trip she originally planned for, but it was better than she could have imagined.

~
...Can you tell that I got very carried away with this prompt? God this is over a thousand words I wish it was this easy to write essays, if you choose to skim most of this I totally forgive you NWJKGHWG

Anyways! This rapidly went from just getting honey to also becoming a bonding experience for Kaeya and Himmel, since they haven't gotten a moment(tm) yet and I figured a nice, peaceful quest would be a good way to bring baby boy out into the world a bit before he gets to fight things x'D when I eventually repeat this quest I totally want to feature more talking with the Arzuros, an old grandpa in the woods with tales of his glory days is EXACTLY the kind of thing to inspire some dreams in Kaeya.

Thank you for putting up with me and my text walls x')
wow ! this is really long i'm so sorry lmao

~

It was a few days before Himmel would take on any more ventures, tired from both her failed vacation and the battles she had fought beforehand. Her planned break hadn't been very restful but the time off after was much needed, a respite for her to simply stroll around the nearby Peacelands town and chat with Kiki. Now, however, Himmel was ready to head out again- and after examining the quest board for any new slips of hastily scribbled parchment, she found the perfect one.

The writing on the paper she had grabbed was hard to decipher despite clear effort put into the message, letters spaced evenly though they themselves were... very near indistinguishable at times. At least she could make out a location (she was pretty certain that said Bolstering Taiga) and something to bring- honey. There was the easy way of just buying some honey at one of the many shops in town but Himmel decides to forgo that option, returning to her tent instead to rifle through her things in search of bottles. Of course they had settled at the bottom of her junk pile. Getting organized should be a priority for sometime soon... Maybe. She dumps the contents of her satchel into a large bin, sliding the retrieved bottles and some strips of Moofah jerky into the now-empty bag. Kaeya hurries over, interested in the commotion. He has yet to make a sound, quiet intelligence shining in his eyes despite not saying a word. A small claw is pointed towards the tent's entrance, accompanied by a head tilting in curiosity- are you leaving? Can I come? Himmel hesitates for a moment but eventually nods, scooping the small monster into her arms and depositing him into her satchel. He tightens the drawstrings with a smug grin; free ride acquired.

The pair set off, jars clinking in the bottom of Himmel's satchel with each step. Her plan is simple- she'll make her way towards the Bolstering Taiga, watching for beehives along the way. Surely there will be at least one or two hives between here and her destination. She feels the weight in her satchel shifting and looks down at Kaeya, who has wiggled halfway out of the bag to take in more of their surroundings. Her laugh is fond, watching his barely contained excitement at the wide open plains. Flora and fauna alike dot the grassy expanse, trees standing tall while herds of Aptonoth graze on the lush vegetation. Even without a bee in sight Himmel is glad to have taken this route; the scenery alone makes up for the potential difficulty of finding hives. Having to move slow enough to look for them only gives her more opportunity to drink in the sun and gentle wind billowing through the grass.

An hour into their welcome excursion something whizzes past Himmel's ear with a whining buzz- a bee, laden with pollen and likely returning to its home. Kaeya notices too, bright gaze following the little insect's flight. She follows the sound, leaving the truly open plains to jog through a sparse woodland. Soon the bee disappears into the trunk of a gnarled tree, the throbbing hum of wings growing as the duo move closer. Himmel sets her bag (and Kaeya) down a short distance away and approaches the trunk, peering through holes in the old wood. A flash of gold, syrupy and bright, beckons her from inside. Moving slowly she slices open a panel of the trunk with her claws, setting it aside to look at the treasure she had revealed. Honeycomb. More than she knew what to do with.

”Kaeya! Can you bring the bottles over?” She calls back to the young Baggi, examining the combs with undisguised glee. There was more than enough here to fill the containers she had brought, and she… definitely had more than five. Both Himmel and the Arzuros would be feasting on the liquid gold spoils. Soon Kaeya races towards her with bottles in hand, struggling to carry them all at once. Himmel, already at work, hands him a dripping piece of honeycomb as soon as he sets the bottles down. His eyes blow wide at the amount of sugary sweetness he holds; he looks up to the Izuchi with a pleading expression.

Himmel sighs gently, shaking her head in a playfully irritated manner.
”Yes, you can have the first piece.” Kaeya holds the treat up triumphantly, preparing to take a bite. “But,” he pauses to listen, “the next three have to go into the bottles. Deal?”

”Deal.” The youngling’s voice, unexpectedly smooth, is almost as surprising to Himmel as how much honeycomb he can stuff into his mouth at once. Even if he had more to say there was no way he’d be getting any words out now, face too full of honey to make more than a happy hum of approval. Finishing off the comb with gusto Kaeya wipes his mouth with a paw, inadvertently sweeping the tiny tuft of fur on his chin off to the side- it stays in its new position, held by the stickiness of honey. Himmel steps away from the hole in the trunk, plopping down in the grass beside Kaeya with a stack of cut honeycomb. Together they pack the bottles with raw honey and fragments of comb, Kaeya sneaking pieces when he thinks Himmel won’t notice while she does her best to hold in chuckles at his failed attempts to be inconspicuous.

By midafternoon the bottles are full and their hands are washed in a nearby stream, Himmel’s bag now carrying a load of amazing honey (and they can both confirm that it really is amazing). This time Kaeya elects to walk with her, pattering footsteps doing their best to keep up with her deliberately slow strides. It takes awhile to find the Arzuros; when they do he smells the honey near immediately, barely managing to keep his paws off of Himmel’s bag.

A small chat over stashing bottles full of honey away turns into a long conversation and freshly-made chamomile tea, Himmel enjoying the surprisingly polite Arzuros’ company despite his clear desire to take the few jars of honey she had saved for herself and Kaeya. The old bear didn’t get many visitors; he had many stories to tell, if only someone would listen. Having some epic tales spun by a roaring fire was great for bringing Kaeya further out of his shell, gasping and exclaiming while the Arzuros gestured wildly to accompany his words. As the sun begins to dip below the horizon Himmel and Kaeya leave the cozy Taiga home with some of the monster’s tea blends stashed away alongside the promised reward of another shining token. Following their path back through the Peacelands, Himmel carries a tired Kaeya atop her shoulders- a grin spreads from her face to his every time he offers her a piece of the Moofah jerky she had packed.

This may not have been the relaxing trip she originally planned for, but it was better than she could have imagined.

~
...Can you tell that I got very carried away with this prompt? God this is over a thousand words I wish it was this easy to write essays, if you choose to skim most of this I totally forgive you NWJKGHWG

Anyways! This rapidly went from just getting honey to also becoming a bonding experience for Kaeya and Himmel, since they haven't gotten a moment(tm) yet and I figured a nice, peaceful quest would be a good way to bring baby boy out into the world a bit before he gets to fight things x'D when I eventually repeat this quest I totally want to feature more talking with the Arzuros, an old grandpa in the woods with tales of his glory days is EXACTLY the kind of thing to inspire some dreams in Kaeya.

Thank you for putting up with me and my text walls x')
udj6wT1.png 1ulURsc.gif
@Malzykins

‘This must be the place’, River mused as his head leaned down to sniff at a few lost Mizutsune hairs on the ground. No signs of blood though, which was always reassuring. His head rose just enough to catch the strap of the newly adorned satchel currently stretched around his mane (waterproof too! Kiki had so earlier used as a selling point) and drop it off back here where it would be safe. An all too familiar roar pierced the air, head turning in the direction of the sound with the rest of his form following suit.

At the edge of the shore stood the beast he was looking for: A shorter Ludroth smacking the underside of its mane against the water before standing tall. A sort of feral that he had some experience fighting before, given his own preference of watery homes. It puffed out, postured, and stalked across the beach letting out cries as it watched the horizon even without River making himself known. Yet there were no smaller Ludroth’s in sight, no pack accompanying the royal.

Odd… but there could be any number of explanations. First things first: deal with the problem at hand.

With a shake of his own mane, a low growl bubbled into his throat as he slid down the sands. Not a moment later did it burst forth a full roar, a
challenge to the other, but one too late met. A heavy foreclaw connected with the smaller Ludroth’s face as soon as it swung around to meet it’s new foe, outcrying as the sheer force pushed it to the sand. Any attempts to regain traction, height, much of anything, and the feral’s claws were smacked away by River’s own, keeping it down as he snapped at it leaving marks of his own upon it’s exposed scales and torn mane.

In a last ditch effort, the beast expelled some of the water from it’s mane and attempted to roll to it’s feet. The attempt only sealed it’s fate, River’s weight now sorely outclassing it’s own as his strength and size only further added in keeping it down. No longer needing to tear the mane to make it a quick kill, River’s maw hung open with a low growl, snapping upon the feral below.

---

“Finally! A Ludroth with some sense! Thank you, I swear my poor coat has suffered enough today! I mean would you look a—” A sharp gasp left the Mizutsune who’d been bounding over, skidding to a stop a small distance from River once he’d turned to look at them fully. For a moment their eyes gazed at the duo of scars on the right side of his maw— from an old conflict – before slowly laying eyes on what was behind him. Promptly retching at that sight, but managing to keep it in to the faint rumble of good natured amusement from River (not everyone was a hunter after all, nor did they have to be).

“Ah— uh— w-well you seem like a very busy leviathan, much like myself! Let me just dig out that reward so you can… deal with…” The Mizutsune again gagged, but began digging in their own little bag,That and be on your way.”
~~~~~

ty! Not pictured: spiderman-pointing of River and the Feral

I’ve decided to go ahead and buy 2x Shimmersyrup, 2x Rathian Scales, and 1x Rathian Spike :>

And for today I’ll apply a health potion to River #017, juuust to be safe. Then that start another Slaying Quest: Slay a Royal Ludroth with him because I have an idea to tie it in.

One more quick question: On the front it says you can post things to sell/trade, so could it potentially go the other way ^^’? To see if someone has a Rathian Webbing they’d be willing to trade, for Shimmersyrup, another material, or some treasure/gems if that’s valid to use for trading (no problem if not, I wasn’t sure if that’s allowed)? Since I’m not entirely sure what others might want for one?

Oh wait, I think I may have misinterpreted a sentence under the trading heading, my bad! I’ll just ask the others with Rathian Webbing outright if they wanna swap so nvm ^^’ Hopefully haven’t caused any confusion.

Edit 2: Me and Dawkosaur are trading! Adding it here for organization: getting a Rathian Webbing and giving them a Shimmersyrup

Edit: Formatting/wording and realizations
@Malzykins

‘This must be the place’, River mused as his head leaned down to sniff at a few lost Mizutsune hairs on the ground. No signs of blood though, which was always reassuring. His head rose just enough to catch the strap of the newly adorned satchel currently stretched around his mane (waterproof too! Kiki had so earlier used as a selling point) and drop it off back here where it would be safe. An all too familiar roar pierced the air, head turning in the direction of the sound with the rest of his form following suit.

At the edge of the shore stood the beast he was looking for: A shorter Ludroth smacking the underside of its mane against the water before standing tall. A sort of feral that he had some experience fighting before, given his own preference of watery homes. It puffed out, postured, and stalked across the beach letting out cries as it watched the horizon even without River making himself known. Yet there were no smaller Ludroth’s in sight, no pack accompanying the royal.

Odd… but there could be any number of explanations. First things first: deal with the problem at hand.

With a shake of his own mane, a low growl bubbled into his throat as he slid down the sands. Not a moment later did it burst forth a full roar, a
challenge to the other, but one too late met. A heavy foreclaw connected with the smaller Ludroth’s face as soon as it swung around to meet it’s new foe, outcrying as the sheer force pushed it to the sand. Any attempts to regain traction, height, much of anything, and the feral’s claws were smacked away by River’s own, keeping it down as he snapped at it leaving marks of his own upon it’s exposed scales and torn mane.

In a last ditch effort, the beast expelled some of the water from it’s mane and attempted to roll to it’s feet. The attempt only sealed it’s fate, River’s weight now sorely outclassing it’s own as his strength and size only further added in keeping it down. No longer needing to tear the mane to make it a quick kill, River’s maw hung open with a low growl, snapping upon the feral below.

---

“Finally! A Ludroth with some sense! Thank you, I swear my poor coat has suffered enough today! I mean would you look a—” A sharp gasp left the Mizutsune who’d been bounding over, skidding to a stop a small distance from River once he’d turned to look at them fully. For a moment their eyes gazed at the duo of scars on the right side of his maw— from an old conflict – before slowly laying eyes on what was behind him. Promptly retching at that sight, but managing to keep it in to the faint rumble of good natured amusement from River (not everyone was a hunter after all, nor did they have to be).

“Ah— uh— w-well you seem like a very busy leviathan, much like myself! Let me just dig out that reward so you can… deal with…” The Mizutsune again gagged, but began digging in their own little bag,That and be on your way.”
~~~~~

ty! Not pictured: spiderman-pointing of River and the Feral

I’ve decided to go ahead and buy 2x Shimmersyrup, 2x Rathian Scales, and 1x Rathian Spike :>

And for today I’ll apply a health potion to River #017, juuust to be safe. Then that start another Slaying Quest: Slay a Royal Ludroth with him because I have an idea to tie it in.

One more quick question: On the front it says you can post things to sell/trade, so could it potentially go the other way ^^’? To see if someone has a Rathian Webbing they’d be willing to trade, for Shimmersyrup, another material, or some treasure/gems if that’s valid to use for trading (no problem if not, I wasn’t sure if that’s allowed)? Since I’m not entirely sure what others might want for one?

Oh wait, I think I may have misinterpreted a sentence under the trading heading, my bad! I’ll just ask the others with Rathian Webbing outright if they wanna swap so nvm ^^’ Hopefully haven’t caused any confusion.

Edit 2: Me and Dawkosaur are trading! Adding it here for organization: getting a Rathian Webbing and giving them a Shimmersyrup

Edit: Formatting/wording and realizations
sgriffin-3398-58_8_13_6_3_10.png
Sending Ardo #18 to slay a Royal Ludroth @Malzykins
Sending Ardo #18 to slay a Royal Ludroth @Malzykins
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 30 31