Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Eliminate
1 2 3 4 5 6
[quote name="Varric" date="2019-05-19 11:53:18" ] [quote name="winrar" date="2019-05-19 11:18:24" ] The coliseum in itself is broken. Any stones other than Scratch and Eliminate are pretty much useless. [/quote] That's untrue. While they're not as powerful as Eliminate dragons, clerics and mages are very good in their own rights. A team of three dragons, two physical damagers and a support mage, is pretty decently powerful for grinding. A physical damager and a support mage in a higher level venue to train fodder, while slower, is still a viable method to make money... [/quote] Sure, clerics and mages. But DPS teams are the most efficient way to grind in the coli. Eliminate is still too rare.
Varric wrote on 2019-05-19 11:53:18:
winrar wrote on 2019-05-19 11:18:24:
The coliseum in itself is broken. Any stones other than Scratch and Eliminate are pretty much useless.

That's untrue. While they're not as powerful as Eliminate dragons, clerics and mages are very good in their own rights. A team of three dragons, two physical damagers and a support mage, is pretty decently powerful for grinding. A physical damager and a support mage in a higher level venue to train fodder, while slower, is still a viable method to make money...

Sure, clerics and mages. But DPS teams are the most efficient way to grind in the coli. Eliminate is still too rare.
HW4lpxl.png
[quote name="winrar" date="2019-05-19 14:04:32" ] [quote name="Varric" date="2019-05-19 11:53:18" ] [quote name="winrar" date="2019-05-19 11:18:24" ] The coliseum in itself is broken. Any stones other than Scratch and Eliminate are pretty much useless. [/quote] That's untrue. While they're not as powerful as Eliminate dragons, clerics and mages are very good in their own rights. A team of three dragons, two physical damagers and a support mage, is pretty decently powerful for grinding. A physical damager and a support mage in a higher level venue to train fodder, while slower, is still a viable method to make money... [/quote] Sure, clerics and mages. But DPS teams are the most efficient way to grind in the coli. Eliminate is still too rare. [/quote] I never refuted that DPS teams are the most efficient, just that dragons without eliminate aren't useless. I disagree that it's too rare. All it needs is to drop in Mire and Crystal Pools and I think that would bring it's availability up by a pretty decent margin. That said, I'd rather they actually make other stones match up to Eliminate in strength rather than just messing with Eliminate to make it more plentiful.
winrar wrote on 2019-05-19 14:04:32:
Varric wrote on 2019-05-19 11:53:18:
winrar wrote on 2019-05-19 11:18:24:
The coliseum in itself is broken. Any stones other than Scratch and Eliminate are pretty much useless.

That's untrue. While they're not as powerful as Eliminate dragons, clerics and mages are very good in their own rights. A team of three dragons, two physical damagers and a support mage, is pretty decently powerful for grinding. A physical damager and a support mage in a higher level venue to train fodder, while slower, is still a viable method to make money...

Sure, clerics and mages. But DPS teams are the most efficient way to grind in the coli. Eliminate is still too rare.

I never refuted that DPS teams are the most efficient, just that dragons without eliminate aren't useless.

I disagree that it's too rare. All it needs is to drop in Mire and Crystal Pools and I think that would bring it's availability up by a pretty decent margin.

That said, I'd rather they actually make other stones match up to Eliminate in strength rather than just messing with Eliminate to make it more plentiful.
Why does air even come in different temperatures?
Um...

That's a solution. o_o I never dreamed I'd see this day. It's so beautiful. Someone pinch me.

Of course, this is a one-time mass elim infusion, and it will result in a temporary price drop. I have no idea how long the price drop will last. Newbies will keep joining, and they're gonna want quick and efficient coli teams. So we can say with relative certainty that unless a steady source of Elims is added (like, to the Mire and Crystal Pools) we'll see it rise to 600k again someday.
Um...

That's a solution. o_o I never dreamed I'd see this day. It's so beautiful. Someone pinch me.

Of course, this is a one-time mass elim infusion, and it will result in a temporary price drop. I have no idea how long the price drop will last. Newbies will keep joining, and they're gonna want quick and efficient coli teams. So we can say with relative certainty that unless a steady source of Elims is added (like, to the Mire and Crystal Pools) we'll see it rise to 600k again someday.
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
[quote name="Ridara" date="2019-05-20 10:03:05" ] Um... That's a solution. o_o I never dreamed I'd see this day. It's so beautiful. Someone pinch me. Of course, this is a one-time mass elim infusion, and it will result in a temporary price drop. I have no idea how long the price drop will last. Newbies will keep joining, and they're gonna want quick and efficient coli teams. So we can say with relative certainty that unless a steady source of Elims is added (like, to the Mire and Crystal Pools) we'll see it rise to 600k again someday. [/quote] [Font=century gothic]Agreed. Hopefully the current players will be able to supply elims for the future players so that the prices don't rise too high
Ridara wrote on 2019-05-20 10:03:05:
Um...

Agreed. Hopefully the current players will be able to supply elims for the future players so that the prices don't rise too high
ckoudy.png -
ALPH PHRUSSIA He/him | FR+15
 » About me
 » Accent Shop
My skin is clear, my crops are watered, my grades are higher
My skin is clear, my crops are watered, my grades are higher
HW4lpxl.png
*heel clicks* yall [emoji=eliminate size=1]
*heel clicks* yall
[quote name="Frivilosity" date="2018-12-16 20:39:56" ] @Jemadar Honestly area of effect stones would be super rad, and again would provide for a different play style. What comes to mind is RPGs and their different class types. (Mages usually specialize in area of effect, tanks in melee, and rangers in ranged fighting. <snip> [/quote] I support this take on things. (I'm only up to page 2 of this topic) I'm a relatively new player here (4 months) and one of the first things I learnt was how unbalanced the coli is towards STR based dragons and Eliminate stones. I was also surprised there were no attacks that could do area damage. If this ability was available based on INT it would go some way towards balancing the coli, making it more viable to play using 'mages' instead of pwning with a singular 'warrior' class. It could also add more depth to the devs arrangement of enemy packs. If your priority target/s is at the edge of the beastclan pack (or either side of a magical opponent who needs meditate turns, or does less damage due to element) you could either aim full blast at an edge fighter, giving blast damage to only one enemy (center) or you could aim at the centre giving blast damage to both fighters either side. Depending exactly how this was implemented, it could affect the balance/choice of your mage's QCK/INT upgrades, whether to be able to hit super hard or more often.
Frivilosity wrote on 2018-12-16 20:39:56:
@Jemadar

Honestly area of effect stones would be super rad, and again would provide for a different play style. What comes to mind is RPGs and their different class types. (Mages usually specialize in area of effect, tanks in melee, and rangers in ranged fighting. <snip>

I support this take on things. (I'm only up to page 2 of this topic)

I'm a relatively new player here (4 months) and one of the first things I learnt was how unbalanced the coli is towards STR based dragons and Eliminate stones.

I was also surprised there were no attacks that could do area damage. If this ability was available based on INT it would go some way towards balancing the coli, making it more viable to play using 'mages' instead of pwning with a singular 'warrior' class.

It could also add more depth to the devs arrangement of enemy packs. If your priority target/s is at the edge of the beastclan pack (or either side of a magical opponent who needs meditate turns, or does less damage due to element) you could either aim full blast at an edge fighter, giving blast damage to only one enemy (center) or you could aim at the centre giving blast damage to both fighters either side.

Depending exactly how this was implemented, it could affect the balance/choice of your mage's QCK/INT upgrades, whether to be able to hit super hard or more often.
qDkA25S.png
[quote name="Nightwind" date="2019-02-17 17:56:55" ] @/Toxa "Just starting out" should probably be defined. A week? A month? My newbie goal was buying a L25 (prices 700k and up). My idea of what a L25 costs starts out a lot higher than yours because of when I joined. [/quote] Is that AH prices? Doesn't your flight sell fully stoned L25s for around 250kT? Its in their best interests if they have tons and it helps them in future dom pushes... My first L25 was a rooster for 150kT*, that is because roosters are not popular for some reason but I can say from personal experience it was a great stepping stone to get two more L25s (and I don't use them all in one team, just for different venues) *Rooster was great, my timing of purchase was right before the Wind Festival so obviously that heavily influenced things, but I'll still go back to Harpy's Roost from time to time because its a no brainer once you've learnt "rally, scratch, eliminate" etc Sure the other L25s/venues are faster without waiting for rally animations but whatever. I'm not spending two hours a day in coli, I pretty much only grind during festivals, I don't know how people find time for 2hrs a day - I expect its mis-spent youth ;) By the time I've maxed out GnG and tickled every familiar, visited Crim and her brother and Tomo, that is most of my day's gameplay time gone apart from quick Baldwin visits, lets say 40min a day not counting forum and scrying workshop visits which is much more enjoyable than coli grinding IMHO
Nightwind wrote on 2019-02-17 17:56:55:
@/Toxa

"Just starting out" should probably be defined. A week? A month? My newbie goal was buying a L25 (prices 700k and up). My idea of what a L25 costs starts out a lot higher than yours because of when I joined.

Is that AH prices?

Doesn't your flight sell fully stoned L25s for around 250kT?
Its in their best interests if they have tons and it helps them in future dom pushes...

My first L25 was a rooster for 150kT*, that is because roosters are not popular for some reason but I can say from personal experience it was a great stepping stone to get two more L25s (and I don't use them all in one team, just for different venues)

*Rooster was great, my timing of purchase was right before the Wind Festival so obviously that heavily influenced things, but I'll still go back to Harpy's Roost from time to time because its a no brainer once you've learnt "rally, scratch, eliminate" etc

Sure the other L25s/venues are faster without waiting for rally animations but whatever. I'm not spending two hours a day in coli, I pretty much only grind during festivals, I don't know how people find time for 2hrs a day - I expect its mis-spent youth ;)

By the time I've maxed out GnG and tickled every familiar, visited Crim and her brother and Tomo, that is most of my day's gameplay time gone apart from quick Baldwin visits, lets say 40min a day not counting forum and scrying workshop visits which is much more enjoyable than coli grinding IMHO
qDkA25S.png
@gn0me

Quoting someone does not alert them you've pinged them unless there's an actual ping in the quoted text.

I joined in 2014 and L25s were 700k and up at that time because it took so long to level up dragons. Mire was the highest leveled venue, fewer venues existed so there were bigger jumps in difficulty between them and augment stones (Might, Acuity, Obsidian and Berserker) did not work. Virtually no flights sold L25 dragons although nearly all rented them.

Double-fodder builds didn't exist (not mathematically possible without augment stones) and Culex's guide was very different since the augment stones didn't work.

It wasn't until augment stones were fixed to work that L25 prices started coming down.
@gn0me

Quoting someone does not alert them you've pinged them unless there's an actual ping in the quoted text.

I joined in 2014 and L25s were 700k and up at that time because it took so long to level up dragons. Mire was the highest leveled venue, fewer venues existed so there were bigger jumps in difficulty between them and augment stones (Might, Acuity, Obsidian and Berserker) did not work. Virtually no flights sold L25 dragons although nearly all rented them.

Double-fodder builds didn't exist (not mathematically possible without augment stones) and Culex's guide was very different since the augment stones didn't work.

It wasn't until augment stones were fixed to work that L25 prices started coming down.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
@Nightwind

thanks for adding more depth to my understanding of FR and its evolution.

(and the ping system) :)
@Nightwind

thanks for adding more depth to my understanding of FR and its evolution.

(and the ping system) :)
qDkA25S.png
1 2 3 4 5 6