Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Change Dragon Eye Color
1 2 3
No flight colored contact lenses, as it would make flights useless.
No flight colored contact lenses, as it would make flights useless.
I don't think flight colored contacts would make flights useless. Firstly, we still have elemental advantages and disadvantages for the Coli that contacts wouldn't change. Secondly, we could still breed for eye color. After all, contacts would cost treasure or gems, and it would be cheaper to just breed for eye types if you want mostly your own flight's eyes. Thirdly, people would still want the special eye types. I doubt contacts would cover primal or multi eyes, so people would still need dragons with those eyes naturally. And since primal and multi are very obvious which flight they're from, contacts could not touch that niche market. Fourthly, flight community would still be important as each flight has its own "personality" that may appeal or disinterest various users. Fifthly, as is hotly being debated now, is Dom. Flights and Dom are always closely linked, and contacts would not change that. So I do disagree that contacts would make flights useless.
I don't think flight colored contacts would make flights useless. Firstly, we still have elemental advantages and disadvantages for the Coli that contacts wouldn't change. Secondly, we could still breed for eye color. After all, contacts would cost treasure or gems, and it would be cheaper to just breed for eye types if you want mostly your own flight's eyes. Thirdly, people would still want the special eye types. I doubt contacts would cover primal or multi eyes, so people would still need dragons with those eyes naturally. And since primal and multi are very obvious which flight they're from, contacts could not touch that niche market. Fourthly, flight community would still be important as each flight has its own "personality" that may appeal or disinterest various users. Fifthly, as is hotly being debated now, is Dom. Flights and Dom are always closely linked, and contacts would not change that. So I do disagree that contacts would make flights useless.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I would like contact lenses with not already existing colour schemes (so it doesnt resemble one flight) :)
I don't support changing the eye colour. If you dont like it cover it with marvas eyes.
I would like contact lenses with not already existing colour schemes (so it doesnt resemble one flight) :)
I don't support changing the eye colour. If you dont like it cover it with marvas eyes.
QmA8loc.gif HMjulZ.jpg NywvZd5.gif
I support contacts for sure and actually I support changing eye colors too even if it goes against lore. This game is fun because of customization to me, since the eyepocolypse it's felt less than complete honestly
I support contacts for sure and actually I support changing eye colors too even if it goes against lore. This game is fun because of customization to me, since the eyepocolypse it's felt less than complete honestly
~She/her~
Don't be afraid to ping me
nature_small.png #UnnamedIsValid
Let them fight!
[quote name="gemajgall" date="2018-12-08 16:15:02" ] Ever since the eyepocalypse, I've changed my stance on contacts. With new eye types and some flights looking very similar to others, I now support contacts. Plus, if someone was truly interested in scamming, that person could use photoshop or the SW to make dragons appear as if they were a different flight. That's why the buyer ought to thoroughly check out a dragon beforehand. If we're not going to get site-sanctioned nest renting, 2P breeding, cycling scattervials, individual natural eye vials, and/or legacy vials, then I feel we REALLY need contacts. [/quote] [color=indigo] Agree with all this. I am terrified to loan out my dragons to others after an incident that happened a few years ago, so nest rentals are basically a no for me unless it's a close friend, and I don't have those in every flight. Unless we get some kind of secure nest rental/dragon loaning option that is fully site sanctioned and doesn't allow for... shenanigans, I will support contacts for this reason.
gemajgall wrote on 2018-12-08 16:15:02:
Ever since the eyepocalypse, I've changed my stance on contacts. With new eye types and some flights looking very similar to others, I now support contacts. Plus, if someone was truly interested in scamming, that person could use photoshop or the SW to make dragons appear as if they were a different flight. That's why the buyer ought to thoroughly check out a dragon beforehand.

If we're not going to get site-sanctioned nest renting, 2P breeding, cycling scattervials, individual natural eye vials, and/or legacy vials, then I feel we REALLY need contacts.

Agree with all this. I am terrified to loan out my dragons to others after an incident that happened a few years ago, so nest rentals are basically a no for me unless it's a close friend, and I don't have those in every flight.

Unless we get some kind of secure nest rental/dragon loaning option that is fully site sanctioned and doesn't allow for... shenanigans, I will support contacts for this reason.
jCVhFoZ.gif
Element in the coli isn't...that relevant, because the elemental atttacks aren't used that much.

But really, yeah, why have 11 elements if eye-color isn't tied to them anymore, anyway? Unless color lenses were close to the price of a flight change, it would still make flights obsolete.

Element in the coli isn't...that relevant, because the elemental atttacks aren't used that much.

But really, yeah, why have 11 elements if eye-color isn't tied to them anymore, anyway? Unless color lenses were close to the price of a flight change, it would still make flights obsolete.

I use elemental based attacks with my mage. And enemies attack us with elemental attacks that can hit harder or softer depending on our dragons' elements. So elements in the Coli are still important, which means flights are still important.

It's because of that reason I don't support changing a dragon's flight. The Coli would bug out if a light mage with light stones was suddenly plague.

But contacts? Sure! The eyepocalypse made eye colors = obvious indicators of flights obsolete IMHO, and with no solution to legacy vials, cycling scatter vials, or individual eyes vials in sight (pun), then I say give us contacts.
I use elemental based attacks with my mage. And enemies attack us with elemental attacks that can hit harder or softer depending on our dragons' elements. So elements in the Coli are still important, which means flights are still important.

It's because of that reason I don't support changing a dragon's flight. The Coli would bug out if a light mage with light stones was suddenly plague.

But contacts? Sure! The eyepocalypse made eye colors = obvious indicators of flights obsolete IMHO, and with no solution to legacy vials, cycling scatter vials, or individual eyes vials in sight (pun), then I say give us contacts.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Baldwin contacts to match the glowing claw tips, absolutely. Unnatural enough to be obviously fake. But no permanent eye color changes.
Baldwin contacts to match the glowing claw tips, absolutely. Unnatural enough to be obviously fake. But no permanent eye color changes.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
I've always been for eye contacts as long as it doesn't change the actual element of the dragon.
I've always been for eye contacts as long as it doesn't change the actual element of the dragon.
xxxxxx rLjqGXW.gif gWlopTc.gif
[quote name="Jussie" date="2018-12-11 06:54:23" ] Baldwin contacts to match the glowing claw tips, absolutely. Unnatural enough to be obviously fake. But no permanent eye color changes. [/quote] This seems very reasonable. Eyes that don't match are the bane of many player's existences.
Jussie wrote on 2018-12-11 06:54:23:
This seems very reasonable. Eyes that don't match are the bane of many player's existences.
23518.png17370.png13413.png17371.png15119.png
1 2 3