Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Change Dragon Eye Color
1 2 3
This idea might have been stated before and probably won't work because it may defeat the point of flights in general and would be finicky with the coliseum, but what if you could change the eye color of a dragon? It'd be nice because if you have a dragon that has perfect colors and genes to be an X flight rep, but they have Y flight's eyes, it'd be nice to change it. Just like currently, the dragon's eye colors would /not/ be passed down to its offspring.

Another idea which may work better: What about apparel that would alter the dragon's eye color, so it'd be close enough without actually changing its element? Like contact lenses? There doesn't even need to be a variation for each eye type, just tinging the eye or making the eye appear more like the chosen Flight's color might work.

I'd love to hear what you all think about this
This idea might have been stated before and probably won't work because it may defeat the point of flights in general and would be finicky with the coliseum, but what if you could change the eye color of a dragon? It'd be nice because if you have a dragon that has perfect colors and genes to be an X flight rep, but they have Y flight's eyes, it'd be nice to change it. Just like currently, the dragon's eye colors would /not/ be passed down to its offspring.

Another idea which may work better: What about apparel that would alter the dragon's eye color, so it'd be close enough without actually changing its element? Like contact lenses? There doesn't even need to be a variation for each eye type, just tinging the eye or making the eye appear more like the chosen Flight's color might work.

I'd love to hear what you all think about this
Absolutely not.

Changing eye color (flights) would kill a dragon according to lore.

I would support eye-color contacts, but not matching preexisting eye colors.
Absolutely not.

Changing eye color (flights) would kill a dragon according to lore.

I would support eye-color contacts, but not matching preexisting eye colors.
Wxlfiez
they/them | FRT + 3 | Wishlist
11-Headed Primal Emperor Quest
__________________________________ wolfies_shop_sig_button.png
STill no support.

I feel that eye color should remain indicative of a dragon's origins, and it is one of the few things that cannot be changed. It can be hidden, of course, but not changed.

I also don't support flight contacts as I feel they could be too easily used in scamming players. Triple or double Gen1s with matching eyes go for a lot, and so, someone being able to change arcane eyes on an Ice dragon to Ice colored could potentially scam players out of a lot of money.

Since contacts would ONLY affect the eyes, the only way to tell whether or not a dragon is wearing them is by going to the dragon's page. If a player is buying through the forums, there may not be a direct link to the dragon, or they may want to get their bid in before they lose the dragon or have to leave etc..

I could support flight colored glasses, where it is like the goggles, or spectacles, where it is quite obvious that the dragon is wearing apparel and that those are NOT the natural color of the dragon's eyes.
STill no support.

I feel that eye color should remain indicative of a dragon's origins, and it is one of the few things that cannot be changed. It can be hidden, of course, but not changed.

I also don't support flight contacts as I feel they could be too easily used in scamming players. Triple or double Gen1s with matching eyes go for a lot, and so, someone being able to change arcane eyes on an Ice dragon to Ice colored could potentially scam players out of a lot of money.

Since contacts would ONLY affect the eyes, the only way to tell whether or not a dragon is wearing them is by going to the dragon's page. If a player is buying through the forums, there may not be a direct link to the dragon, or they may want to get their bid in before they lose the dragon or have to leave etc..

I could support flight colored glasses, where it is like the goggles, or spectacles, where it is quite obvious that the dragon is wearing apparel and that those are NOT the natural color of the dragon's eyes.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I'd love contact lenses. Especially since Nest Renting may not always be reliable/isn't a supported transaction.

I'd love contact lenses. Especially since Nest Renting may not always be reliable/isn't a supported transaction.

:LTB Boolean:
:YCH/Art Shop:
:Selling IDs:
For Sale,
G1s
71424715.png92781547.png91722205.png91717482.png
Ever since the eyepocalypse, I've changed my stance on contacts. With new eye types and some flights looking very similar to others, I now support contacts. Plus, if someone was truly interested in scamming, that person could use photoshop or the SW to make dragons appear as if they were a different flight. That's why the buyer ought to thoroughly check out a dragon beforehand.

If we're not going to get site-sanctioned nest renting, 2P breeding, cycling scattervials, individual natural eye vials, and/or legacy vials, then I feel we REALLY need contacts.
Ever since the eyepocalypse, I've changed my stance on contacts. With new eye types and some flights looking very similar to others, I now support contacts. Plus, if someone was truly interested in scamming, that person could use photoshop or the SW to make dragons appear as if they were a different flight. That's why the buyer ought to thoroughly check out a dragon beforehand.

If we're not going to get site-sanctioned nest renting, 2P breeding, cycling scattervials, individual natural eye vials, and/or legacy vials, then I feel we REALLY need contacts.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Sure, why not.

The admins said they'd never have eye-colour changing, but they also said they'd never unretire items and that was a big fat porkie pie, so I'm all for changing eye colours. If they can go back on one game-changing, far-reaching claim, they can go back on another as far as I'm concerned.

They could even make money off it by making it a gem item.

I'd prefer the ability to breed other eye colours, but I'd be for allowing current dragons to have their eye colour changed. /shrug
Sure, why not.

The admins said they'd never have eye-colour changing, but they also said they'd never unretire items and that was a big fat porkie pie, so I'm all for changing eye colours. If they can go back on one game-changing, far-reaching claim, they can go back on another as far as I'm concerned.

They could even make money off it by making it a gem item.

I'd prefer the ability to breed other eye colours, but I'd be for allowing current dragons to have their eye colour changed. /shrug
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
Contact lenses, instead of actually changing the dragon element, seems better! Especially if the common ones were treasure, uncommon treasure, and unusual/rare as gems, perhaps the faceted as a Baldwin?
Contact lenses, instead of actually changing the dragon element, seems better! Especially if the common ones were treasure, uncommon treasure, and unusual/rare as gems, perhaps the faceted as a Baldwin?
tumblr_inline_n6kdvfauea1qlye38.gif Fear not child, the Shadows will protect you.tumblr_inline_n6kdvfauea1qlye38.gif
No support, even for the lense? That just seems like a cheap way to avoid the system… There’s already a lot of apparels that hide/change the eye colors, you can use them in a creative way to get the result you want! I feel like contacts wouldn’t really make sense lore wise and would be a lot less interesting than a dragon who hides their eyes to pass as a another flight.
No support, even for the lense? That just seems like a cheap way to avoid the system… There’s already a lot of apparels that hide/change the eye colors, you can use them in a creative way to get the result you want! I feel like contacts wouldn’t really make sense lore wise and would be a lot less interesting than a dragon who hides their eyes to pass as a another flight.
I'd support for contact lenses. If anything, I feel it would add to more lore possibilities.
I'd support for contact lenses. If anything, I feel it would add to more lore possibilities.
wren1.pngwren2.gifwren3.gifwren4.pngwren5.png
Only for contact lenses. Not 'real' flightchanges.
Only for contact lenses. Not 'real' flightchanges.
1 2 3