Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Lair Space suggestions
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 28 29
I’ll give a more proper response when i’m on a laptop but only 1 or 2 for me
Lair space is king in this game
It dictates how many dragons you can exalt for Dominance
It dictates how many dragons you can breed for profit and to breed new combos
It allows one to collect the dragons they want

Lack of lair space forces users to select who to keep, which is insanely heartbreaking

Lack of lair space forces users to play how small lairs play.
It restricts our own unique playstyles :/
I’ll give a more proper response when i’m on a laptop but only 1 or 2 for me
Lair space is king in this game
It dictates how many dragons you can exalt for Dominance
It dictates how many dragons you can breed for profit and to breed new combos
It allows one to collect the dragons they want

Lack of lair space forces users to select who to keep, which is insanely heartbreaking

Lack of lair space forces users to play how small lairs play.
It restricts our own unique playstyles :/
AScq6qj.png
Animation + More!!! Art Sales
Wishlist || SnowyBlink Adopt Shop
Blep Bean Adopt Shop || Lore-Building Challenge!
Official Ice Subspecies Organizer!
It's AlyxSandre, not Alyxandre!
Quote:
We are going to be able to organize our dragons by lair tab. Previously, all the 'remove dragons from breeding/coliseum' suggestions were either items or doing it individually.

However, what if, instead, we could designate lair tabs as non-breeders and non-fighters.

Great idea! If loading into Coli is the only reason we can't have more lair space, why not make that a designated sorting item?

Please give us more lair space!!!!!
Quote:
We are going to be able to organize our dragons by lair tab. Previously, all the 'remove dragons from breeding/coliseum' suggestions were either items or doing it individually.

However, what if, instead, we could designate lair tabs as non-breeders and non-fighters.

Great idea! If loading into Coli is the only reason we can't have more lair space, why not make that a designated sorting item?

Please give us more lair space!!!!!
5HpQQtC.pngv0bd3FH.pngnAoSSfC.png
I would love to see at least 20 new lair spaces with the lair update coming for the people who need and want them. With everything else coming our way (with what I'm assuming is better code that will run better and tax the servers less), the least FR can do is throw in a few new lair spaces so they can meet a whole array of needs of the playerbase.
I would love to see at least 20 new lair spaces with the lair update coming for the people who need and want them. With everything else coming our way (with what I'm assuming is better code that will run better and tax the servers less), the least FR can do is throw in a few new lair spaces so they can meet a whole array of needs of the playerbase.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Some folks in General Discussion pointed out that all the math mentioned in the Dev post seems not very feasible with 200 spaces, however with 300 spaces it does work. Perhaps we will be pleasantly surprised when the update hits..

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2556886
Some folks in General Discussion pointed out that all the math mentioned in the Dev post seems not very feasible with 200 spaces, however with 300 spaces it does work. Perhaps we will be pleasantly surprised when the update hits..

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2556886
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
As a player with a lot of dragons, (not to mention at full capacity at the moment), I'm a real advocate for more lair space (though I haven't reached the cap yet). Upon hearing and reading more on the hibernal den, I soon realized this new feature doesn't seem like a lair space cure.

I've heard of players doing mass exalts & purging of their dragons for lair space, but my lair (at the moment) is %99 permas. And my heart goes out to those who have reached the cap. My lore centers around large extended families, so I am always saddened when forced to exalt or get rid of a dragon that has grown sentimental to me. It's a sacrifice I've made many times in my two years here, but I've nearly reached my breaking point.

We were all newbies once, some who may have aspired to have large lairs like the older players. And now that I do have a big lair, I realize lair space is a huge problem that I feel like hasn't truly been solved yet.

- I don't really know of any full-proof solutions, but maybe providing another option of paying for expansions could help, (that and or getting rid of the cap). Providing a choice to pay in gems could be cool too, since the more expensive expansions in treasure may take some time to acquire. Lowering prices or creating a fixed expansion price (not in the millions) might work too.

Sorry if I sound whiny/ a complainer, but I don't like having to rid my lair of dragons whose lore, art, or aesthetic I've worked really hard on just because it takes me a while to gather up enough treasure. And I don't want other players struggling with lair space to go through this either.

Thanks for listening! Feedback is welcome :D
As a player with a lot of dragons, (not to mention at full capacity at the moment), I'm a real advocate for more lair space (though I haven't reached the cap yet). Upon hearing and reading more on the hibernal den, I soon realized this new feature doesn't seem like a lair space cure.

I've heard of players doing mass exalts & purging of their dragons for lair space, but my lair (at the moment) is %99 permas. And my heart goes out to those who have reached the cap. My lore centers around large extended families, so I am always saddened when forced to exalt or get rid of a dragon that has grown sentimental to me. It's a sacrifice I've made many times in my two years here, but I've nearly reached my breaking point.

We were all newbies once, some who may have aspired to have large lairs like the older players. And now that I do have a big lair, I realize lair space is a huge problem that I feel like hasn't truly been solved yet.

- I don't really know of any full-proof solutions, but maybe providing another option of paying for expansions could help, (that and or getting rid of the cap). Providing a choice to pay in gems could be cool too, since the more expensive expansions in treasure may take some time to acquire. Lowering prices or creating a fixed expansion price (not in the millions) might work too.

Sorry if I sound whiny/ a complainer, but I don't like having to rid my lair of dragons whose lore, art, or aesthetic I've worked really hard on just because it takes me a while to gather up enough treasure. And I don't want other players struggling with lair space to go through this either.

Thanks for listening! Feedback is welcome :D
Philippians 4:13 I can do All things through Christ who gives me strength

WARNING: I am prone to use random LOTR and the Hobbit references XD
The problem with lowering the price of expansions is that expansions are a much needed treasure sink. They are also not meant to be short term goals. They absolutely are meant to be long term goals, especially getting to a maxed out lair.

So, while I understand the struggle (it takes me forever to earn treasure as well, unless I do offsite trades), I also understand that I am not meant to have a maxed out lair quickly. The larger the lair, the more it takes to provide for the dragons as well (assuming you want to keep them fed), so it also naturally makes sense to make sure that players are able to do that before they get them (by having higher costs to expand in the higher levels).

As for the gem option, again the expansions are treasure sinks, and allowing players to use gems to pay for it means that it is no longer a treasure sink. Plus, this would set a gem to treasure ratio which isn't necessarily good for the economy.

For one. If you can make gems better than treasure, then simply trade your gems for treasure on the forums. That way, it is still taking treasure out of the economy, and it spreads gems around.

For another, if they set the ratio wrong, then it can negatively affect the economy.

If the gem to treasure ratio is too high (and I may get this backward...), then that means players who earn treasure will no longer want to buy gems, and players who can earn or buy gems will be more likely to try to sell them. In an unregulated economy, that means that the gem to treasure ratio would start to go down, as the players with gems would decrease the price until they hit the 'sweet spot' where players are willing to buy, but with the price being set, while players can still charge what they want, most wouldn't want to earn less than they feel they should be making. Sort of on the order of the MP and AH. MP exclusive stuff usually doesn't sell for less than MP price (except for dom discounts) because players don't want to sell for less than they paid.

On the other hand, if the ratio was too low, then the players who buy gems to sell would no longer feel it is worth it. This would mean fewer gem sales for FR, which means less income.

Then there is the fact that the gem to treasure ratio, like currently, should be something fluid. That way, players can charge what they feel comfortable with, and buyers can pay what they feel comfortable with.

I do agree that the price should not just keep going up, but I feel that having the upper limits of the expansions in the millions works out well. I also feel that adding unlimited space, should it be feasible, with each expansion costing say 2 million treasure could potentially benefit the site and the players. It would create a treasure sink, one that is always available, allow players to expand as much as they want, and give more long term goals on site.
The problem with lowering the price of expansions is that expansions are a much needed treasure sink. They are also not meant to be short term goals. They absolutely are meant to be long term goals, especially getting to a maxed out lair.

So, while I understand the struggle (it takes me forever to earn treasure as well, unless I do offsite trades), I also understand that I am not meant to have a maxed out lair quickly. The larger the lair, the more it takes to provide for the dragons as well (assuming you want to keep them fed), so it also naturally makes sense to make sure that players are able to do that before they get them (by having higher costs to expand in the higher levels).

As for the gem option, again the expansions are treasure sinks, and allowing players to use gems to pay for it means that it is no longer a treasure sink. Plus, this would set a gem to treasure ratio which isn't necessarily good for the economy.

For one. If you can make gems better than treasure, then simply trade your gems for treasure on the forums. That way, it is still taking treasure out of the economy, and it spreads gems around.

For another, if they set the ratio wrong, then it can negatively affect the economy.

If the gem to treasure ratio is too high (and I may get this backward...), then that means players who earn treasure will no longer want to buy gems, and players who can earn or buy gems will be more likely to try to sell them. In an unregulated economy, that means that the gem to treasure ratio would start to go down, as the players with gems would decrease the price until they hit the 'sweet spot' where players are willing to buy, but with the price being set, while players can still charge what they want, most wouldn't want to earn less than they feel they should be making. Sort of on the order of the MP and AH. MP exclusive stuff usually doesn't sell for less than MP price (except for dom discounts) because players don't want to sell for less than they paid.

On the other hand, if the ratio was too low, then the players who buy gems to sell would no longer feel it is worth it. This would mean fewer gem sales for FR, which means less income.

Then there is the fact that the gem to treasure ratio, like currently, should be something fluid. That way, players can charge what they feel comfortable with, and buyers can pay what they feel comfortable with.

I do agree that the price should not just keep going up, but I feel that having the upper limits of the expansions in the millions works out well. I also feel that adding unlimited space, should it be feasible, with each expansion costing say 2 million treasure could potentially benefit the site and the players. It would create a treasure sink, one that is always available, allow players to expand as much as they want, and give more long term goals on site.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Also, at one point, expansion hit a plateau - they do not increase in price anymore.

I don't think expansions should go beyond the 1.something million they cost - it's equivalent to one primary gem gene, after all.
Also, at one point, expansion hit a plateau - they do not increase in price anymore.

I don't think expansions should go beyond the 1.something million they cost - it's equivalent to one primary gem gene, after all.
Well, now that every trace of what I thought about it has been deleted (both with the old thread on this, and in the comments of the Update), here I come!

As I said time and time again, limiting lair space to such a degree on a site based around collecting and breeding dragons is ridiculous. Especially with the maths involved with the new update (15 lair tabs and 60 dragons by page with only 200 dragons max??). Also, it seems unfair to only be able to buy 200 dragons, considering all the new genes, apparel, and even sometimes breeds, that are released. Lair space is also a problem for many older, faithful players, who frequently buy gems; the fact that admins are not willing to answer to their userbase like that is shocking and worrying.

All in all, I am definitely in support of either a steady release of new lair space, or a complete erasure of the cap. As others have said before, all the excuses used by the staff to justify the cap are ridiculous at this point (Food points? Please, I've never had any problems with that. Server load? Aren't new players more heavy due to open reg now?? Maybe Coli loading, but it's nothing a good Internet connection doesn't fix; besides, it's one of the main selling points of the Hibernal Den too, so at this point there's no reason to not consider implementing more lair space).

Caping the cost at someting like 1,5 or 2 millions, with potentially unlimited expansions, seems like a good idea. It would create an effective treasure sink, while insuring not too many players actually expand a lot, so it doesn't become too heavy for the servers; apparently we need treasure sinks, otherwise Roundsey wouldn't have been created. I'm not in favor of using gems for expansion, but I would do it because I'm desperate at this point.

[EDIT] Now my comment is 70% less salty since I don't want to get banned for no reason :) For real though, this all makes me so sad and outraged at the same time haha
Well, now that every trace of what I thought about it has been deleted (both with the old thread on this, and in the comments of the Update), here I come!

As I said time and time again, limiting lair space to such a degree on a site based around collecting and breeding dragons is ridiculous. Especially with the maths involved with the new update (15 lair tabs and 60 dragons by page with only 200 dragons max??). Also, it seems unfair to only be able to buy 200 dragons, considering all the new genes, apparel, and even sometimes breeds, that are released. Lair space is also a problem for many older, faithful players, who frequently buy gems; the fact that admins are not willing to answer to their userbase like that is shocking and worrying.

All in all, I am definitely in support of either a steady release of new lair space, or a complete erasure of the cap. As others have said before, all the excuses used by the staff to justify the cap are ridiculous at this point (Food points? Please, I've never had any problems with that. Server load? Aren't new players more heavy due to open reg now?? Maybe Coli loading, but it's nothing a good Internet connection doesn't fix; besides, it's one of the main selling points of the Hibernal Den too, so at this point there's no reason to not consider implementing more lair space).

Caping the cost at someting like 1,5 or 2 millions, with potentially unlimited expansions, seems like a good idea. It would create an effective treasure sink, while insuring not too many players actually expand a lot, so it doesn't become too heavy for the servers; apparently we need treasure sinks, otherwise Roundsey wouldn't have been created. I'm not in favor of using gems for expansion, but I would do it because I'm desperate at this point.

[EDIT] Now my comment is 70% less salty since I don't want to get banned for no reason :) For real though, this all makes me so sad and outraged at the same time haha
eUMhm7B.png
@Jussie we wont be getting more space... just read this
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2556860/63#post_36015165

The tabs will exsist within our 200 dragons

@CrazyBat I am sad and disheartening too... I feel.. yeah well. I just hope some of the ppl come here too.. but I cant remember all who were behind the idea before sadly...

I really hope the reconsider...

@Butcherbaby quoting you here if you dont mind.. well not all of it but some :)
Quote:
will people who find the Hibernal den useless be stuck with the lair cap, or will they have the chance to buy as many new lair slots as others have to purchase new Hibernal slots? If not, then they will basically be FORCING players to use the Hibernal Den or forever be stuck at the lair cap, which is WILDLY unfair.

I’d almost be willing to bet they have “no answer” because they expect the Hibernal Den to solve everything, and they won’t need to add more lairspaces! And it’s actually going to BLOW UP IN THEIR FREAKING FACES. And instead of taking note of the feedback, making changes, adding more lairspace, if their history proves true, they will just stomp their feet, dig in even HARDER, and refuse to change anything because that’s “their vision” and they are gonna stick to it no matter HOW many good or loyal players it costs them along the way.

I’ve worked for/managed many businesses of ALL kinds, and from tiny to corporate, and have owned & run one myself (I’m a middle aged player, retired due to disability, FR is my mindless entertainment), and FOR SURE, alienating and driving away your good & loyal customers is widely known as a good way to go out of business. And make no mistake, the players ARE FR’s customers, even those that don’t spend money here, as we ALL make money for the site with traffic and ads. FR isn’t doing us a favor by being free to play, we are doing THEM one by keeping the money rolling in.

@Jussie we wont be getting more space... just read this
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2556860/63#post_36015165

The tabs will exsist within our 200 dragons

@CrazyBat I am sad and disheartening too... I feel.. yeah well. I just hope some of the ppl come here too.. but I cant remember all who were behind the idea before sadly...

I really hope the reconsider...

@Butcherbaby quoting you here if you dont mind.. well not all of it but some :)
Quote:
will people who find the Hibernal den useless be stuck with the lair cap, or will they have the chance to buy as many new lair slots as others have to purchase new Hibernal slots? If not, then they will basically be FORCING players to use the Hibernal Den or forever be stuck at the lair cap, which is WILDLY unfair.

I’d almost be willing to bet they have “no answer” because they expect the Hibernal Den to solve everything, and they won’t need to add more lairspaces! And it’s actually going to BLOW UP IN THEIR FREAKING FACES. And instead of taking note of the feedback, making changes, adding more lairspace, if their history proves true, they will just stomp their feet, dig in even HARDER, and refuse to change anything because that’s “their vision” and they are gonna stick to it no matter HOW many good or loyal players it costs them along the way.

I’ve worked for/managed many businesses of ALL kinds, and from tiny to corporate, and have owned & run one myself (I’m a middle aged player, retired due to disability, FR is my mindless entertainment), and FOR SURE, alienating and driving away your good & loyal customers is widely known as a good way to go out of business. And make no mistake, the players ARE FR’s customers, even those that don’t spend money here, as we ALL make money for the site with traffic and ads. FR isn’t doing us a favor by being free to play, we are doing THEM one by keeping the money rolling in.

NO LONGER ACTIVE.

I LEFT FR AND GIVEN AWAY MY STUFF.
First off, I am also upset to see that the previous lair expansion thread started by @/Taarnfalk has been deleted. I don't come into Suggestions very often, but it was one of the threads I commented on frequently, and it is completely missing my forum post history now.

If the devs didn't want any more comments in that thread—because it was dated, for example, and working off old information (the thread began in March iirc)—it could have just been locked with a note stating why. To outright delete the thread, along with the multitude of genuinely well thought out discussions, suggestions, and feedback concerning the different aspects of lair management (not just expansions) is actually really troubling to me. I get you have the right to moderate the forums as you choose, but trust me, we will take note when you pull stunts like that and it does NOT inspire any confidence.

Anyways, lair space.

I'm strongly in favor of an unlimited lair space / lair cap removal. (Though I would also be okay with a yearly increase based on what the dev team think is feasible.) I see no point in limiting how many dragons a player wishes to own if they personally can afford the cost.

However, I also recognize that lair space is an investment that long-term can make a single player very wealthy. There are also undoubtedly some technical issues (ie server space, Coli loadout) involved, so in order for there to be some restriction to an unlimited lair space scenario, I also would wholly be in favor in having the lair expansion costs continue increasing instead of capping out at a certain point as it does with the current expansions.

(Sorry to everyone who just wants to collect dragons, but fodder makes you rich whether you're a breeder, flipper, or exalt trainer. And players with large lairs have an incredible advantage when it comes to stockpiling fodder, so that has to be considered when talking about any significant increase to lair space.)

There are other factors that will limit how much a player wants to expand their lair. While there are a lot of us with large lairs who want to get bigger, there are still plenty of players who prefer small or medium sized lairs. Personally, I think that the number of players who can manage and feed 300 or 400 dragons or more is a very small percentage of the playerbase.

You also have to consider that for many players, putting down +500kT for just five more lair slots isn't worth it when they can buy other things like apparel or genes. So if there's a fear that everyone is just going to blast past 200 slots all at once if the lair cap was removed, I think it's a little unjustified.

While I appreciate the Hibernal Den for what it is and I think it's a great addition for the players who want it, it isn't going to be worth much to me as someone who frequently breeds dragons. (Not with a 30-day cooldown, at least. If it was 15 days instead, it might actually be more appealing.)

I need actual non-storage lair slots in order to play FR the way I enjoy best. Breeding and gene projects are the only things that have kept me playing FR daily since I joined 4 years ago. If I am hampered by a limit in how many dragons I can own, then eventually I will run out of projects.

Then all that's left for me is accruing ridiculous amounts of wealth through Dom and exalting for profit, and do you really want that FR? I know Roundsey was put in as a treasure sink, but unfortunately for you, I'm know better than to spend my money on RNG.

Introducing new genes and new dragons breeds is pointless if a player doesn't have room to acquire dragons who are that new breed or have that new gene. Like someone in the old thread said, you don't just throw out your older pet so you can have a new one. And, yes, while this is a virtual pet site where rehoming, selling, and exalting our dragon pets is completely normal, sentimentality is a powerful thing. Especially when you've poured hours and money (possibly even real world money) onto a single dragon.

There's a lot more I can say (that I would not have to repeat if the old thread wasn't deleted), but I think this wall of text will do for now.
First off, I am also upset to see that the previous lair expansion thread started by @/Taarnfalk has been deleted. I don't come into Suggestions very often, but it was one of the threads I commented on frequently, and it is completely missing my forum post history now.

If the devs didn't want any more comments in that thread—because it was dated, for example, and working off old information (the thread began in March iirc)—it could have just been locked with a note stating why. To outright delete the thread, along with the multitude of genuinely well thought out discussions, suggestions, and feedback concerning the different aspects of lair management (not just expansions) is actually really troubling to me. I get you have the right to moderate the forums as you choose, but trust me, we will take note when you pull stunts like that and it does NOT inspire any confidence.

Anyways, lair space.

I'm strongly in favor of an unlimited lair space / lair cap removal. (Though I would also be okay with a yearly increase based on what the dev team think is feasible.) I see no point in limiting how many dragons a player wishes to own if they personally can afford the cost.

However, I also recognize that lair space is an investment that long-term can make a single player very wealthy. There are also undoubtedly some technical issues (ie server space, Coli loadout) involved, so in order for there to be some restriction to an unlimited lair space scenario, I also would wholly be in favor in having the lair expansion costs continue increasing instead of capping out at a certain point as it does with the current expansions.

(Sorry to everyone who just wants to collect dragons, but fodder makes you rich whether you're a breeder, flipper, or exalt trainer. And players with large lairs have an incredible advantage when it comes to stockpiling fodder, so that has to be considered when talking about any significant increase to lair space.)

There are other factors that will limit how much a player wants to expand their lair. While there are a lot of us with large lairs who want to get bigger, there are still plenty of players who prefer small or medium sized lairs. Personally, I think that the number of players who can manage and feed 300 or 400 dragons or more is a very small percentage of the playerbase.

You also have to consider that for many players, putting down +500kT for just five more lair slots isn't worth it when they can buy other things like apparel or genes. So if there's a fear that everyone is just going to blast past 200 slots all at once if the lair cap was removed, I think it's a little unjustified.

While I appreciate the Hibernal Den for what it is and I think it's a great addition for the players who want it, it isn't going to be worth much to me as someone who frequently breeds dragons. (Not with a 30-day cooldown, at least. If it was 15 days instead, it might actually be more appealing.)

I need actual non-storage lair slots in order to play FR the way I enjoy best. Breeding and gene projects are the only things that have kept me playing FR daily since I joined 4 years ago. If I am hampered by a limit in how many dragons I can own, then eventually I will run out of projects.

Then all that's left for me is accruing ridiculous amounts of wealth through Dom and exalting for profit, and do you really want that FR? I know Roundsey was put in as a treasure sink, but unfortunately for you, I'm know better than to spend my money on RNG.

Introducing new genes and new dragons breeds is pointless if a player doesn't have room to acquire dragons who are that new breed or have that new gene. Like someone in the old thread said, you don't just throw out your older pet so you can have a new one. And, yes, while this is a virtual pet site where rehoming, selling, and exalting our dragon pets is completely normal, sentimentality is a powerful thing. Especially when you've poured hours and money (possibly even real world money) onto a single dragon.

There's a lot more I can say (that I would not have to repeat if the old thread wasn't deleted), but I think this wall of text will do for now.
YrlvOd9.pngQ47Y0lm.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 28 29