Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Lair Space suggestions
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 28 29
[quote name="RedWillia" date="2018-10-28 08:16:10" ] I'm not pinging anymore since there is literally no discussion, just repeats of the same old statements without any supporting reasons. Hibernal Den is not a trophy cage just because you claim it is. Claiming that it's useless for a lot of people is another overgeneralization because a lot of people are also looking forward to it (for example, I want to move all those dragons I'm selling over my threads there and some of my finished G1s; I know that at least several people are excited to start a Nuzlocke challenge or secondary lairs). I am still hazy over what is the exact issue with Hibernal Den expansion because the seemingly main complaint - not enough space for breeding pairs - affects very few people and, with a little planning, probably would affect even less. [/quote] There is no discussion here because you do not read what people post - instead you seem to be caught up in your head where critizising admin decision to give hib. den ONLY = players saying hib. den is not allowed to be a thing which in reality (and every post I've seen so far) critizising admin decision to give hib. den ONLY = LOTS of people asking REPEATEDLY for more lairspace too. You fail to see the problem because you rather would look at a wholy different problem that does not actually exist - but that is much easier to shut down as 'unreasonable' and 'failures of planning' on the people asking. That indeed is not a way to lead any discussion. That is deflecting a problem/discussion and generally being desinterested in participating in a discussion - which is a strange thing to do on a discussions board. You speak of overgeneralization when we say a lot of people want lairspace - over 70 pages (700 replies) say that actually its not that small a percentage of the userbase that actually wants lairspace. I've seen suggestions with less 'backing' so to speak that were still considdered a 'majority wants' issue.
RedWillia wrote on 2018-10-28 08:16:10:
I'm not pinging anymore since there is literally no discussion, just repeats of the same old statements without any supporting reasons.

Hibernal Den is not a trophy cage just because you claim it is. Claiming that it's useless for a lot of people is another overgeneralization because a lot of people are also looking forward to it (for example, I want to move all those dragons I'm selling over my threads there and some of my finished G1s; I know that at least several people are excited to start a Nuzlocke challenge or secondary lairs). I am still hazy over what is the exact issue with Hibernal Den expansion because the seemingly main complaint - not enough space for breeding pairs - affects very few people and, with a little planning, probably would affect even less.

There is no discussion here because you do not read what people post - instead you seem to be caught up in your head where critizising admin decision to give hib. den ONLY = players saying hib. den is not allowed to be a thing which in reality (and every post I've seen so far) critizising admin decision to give hib. den ONLY = LOTS of people asking REPEATEDLY for more lairspace too.

You fail to see the problem because you rather would look at a wholy different problem that does not actually exist - but that is much easier to shut down as 'unreasonable' and 'failures of planning' on the people asking.

That indeed is not a way to lead any discussion. That is deflecting a problem/discussion and generally being desinterested in participating in a discussion - which is a strange thing to do on a discussions board.

You speak of overgeneralization when we say a lot of people want lairspace - over 70 pages (700 replies) say that actually its not that small a percentage of the userbase that actually wants lairspace. I've seen suggestions with less 'backing' so to speak that were still considdered a 'majority wants' issue.
@ RedWillia

I don't wish to ping you if you have decided to step out of the discussion. I just wanted to point out it is a discussion. Just because not everyone is agreeing and or changing their mind does not mean that they are not discussing.

Personally I will find the den useful for a very small part of my lair. I want to be able to continue to collect and breed what I want. I want to keep a lair order that makes sense to me. The den is a valuable asset but in my opinion it should not take the place of regular steady lair increases,
@ RedWillia

I don't wish to ping you if you have decided to step out of the discussion. I just wanted to point out it is a discussion. Just because not everyone is agreeing and or changing their mind does not mean that they are not discussing.

Personally I will find the den useful for a very small part of my lair. I want to be able to continue to collect and breed what I want. I want to keep a lair order that makes sense to me. The den is a valuable asset but in my opinion it should not take the place of regular steady lair increases,
1L5TGl1.pngjn0pAcU.pngNVgCjtR.pngghAVYGe.pngx3J6SUS.png
@Taarnfalk
200 dragons/100 pairs/20 pairs to a nest > without boons, 100 day cycle until pair number 1 is free to breed again. Right now, Hibernal Den cooldown is 30 days, so a pair can spend half the time there - nothing was said that their breeding cooldown will reset or not count - and come back in time to sit on an open nest. I'd need to spreadsheet a bit, but to me it looks like it's more than possible to have even more breeding pairs with some planning.

Don't ping me again unless you have any info to support your claims.
@Taarnfalk
200 dragons/100 pairs/20 pairs to a nest > without boons, 100 day cycle until pair number 1 is free to breed again. Right now, Hibernal Den cooldown is 30 days, so a pair can spend half the time there - nothing was said that their breeding cooldown will reset or not count - and come back in time to sit on an open nest. I'd need to spreadsheet a bit, but to me it looks like it's more than possible to have even more breeding pairs with some planning.

Don't ping me again unless you have any info to support your claims.
JQQ3Fjt.png
what you are missing is she runs a hatchery so if people request a certain pair she should have the right and ability to place them on a nest

and frankly I am not sure why you are being so hostile to people who want regular space. Please does it actually affect your game play or do you have a reason why we shouldn't be able to get it? I am honestly curious
what you are missing is she runs a hatchery so if people request a certain pair she should have the right and ability to place them on a nest

and frankly I am not sure why you are being so hostile to people who want regular space. Please does it actually affect your game play or do you have a reason why we shouldn't be able to get it? I am honestly curious
I would really like to see a yearly increase of the non-storage space and the storage space.
I got so many permababies, that I can't even breed so I would really like to shove them in a "Trophy case" as many people are calling it. I would also like it , if I could set my Hibernal Den as the first page I can see, when entering my lair.
I'm torn between infinite lair space and a strict cap. I can't explain why tho. I just like the limitations , so you kinda think , if you really want to keep something.
I play on another site with similar limitations and it was never a problem there.
I would really like to see a yearly increase of the non-storage space and the storage space.
I got so many permababies, that I can't even breed so I would really like to shove them in a "Trophy case" as many people are calling it. I would also like it , if I could set my Hibernal Den as the first page I can see, when entering my lair.
I'm torn between infinite lair space and a strict cap. I can't explain why tho. I just like the limitations , so you kinda think , if you really want to keep something.
I play on another site with similar limitations and it was never a problem there.
QmA8loc.gif HMjulZ.jpg NywvZd5.gif
I am looking forward to the hibernal den as it will introduce plenty of new options. For example it would be a great place to keeping dragons that players are fond of for lore or sentimental reasons but no longer fit their lair aesthetics or new lore (IE essentially a retirement lair). It will also be useful to store dragons that are only bred on special occasions (holiday pairs, etc). Or a place to display eternal youth dragons

That being said the hibernal den is not a replacement for regular lair space and I sincerely hope that the admins do add more regular unrestricted lair space. The admins concerns about feeding and coliseum loading can be mitigated. Many players with completely expanded and full lairs have no issues feeding their dragons and indeed have excess food, and with the introduction of the hibernal den, players who would have issues with feeding can mitigate it with the hibernal den. And with the introduction of lair tabs, they could mitigate the coliseum loading by having the coliseum load by tab rather than the full lair.

The hibernal den with the long cooldown is unlikely to work for players who run hatcheries who breed upon request or who don't have a rotating schedule as they might end up with several dragons stuck on cooldown taking up valuable lair space and preventing them from bringing a pair they want/need to breed out since they couldn't put another pair in.

One thing with the hibernal den--depending on the cost or limit of number of the den spaces, players might not have a large enough hibernal den to mvoe things around freely.
I am looking forward to the hibernal den as it will introduce plenty of new options. For example it would be a great place to keeping dragons that players are fond of for lore or sentimental reasons but no longer fit their lair aesthetics or new lore (IE essentially a retirement lair). It will also be useful to store dragons that are only bred on special occasions (holiday pairs, etc). Or a place to display eternal youth dragons

That being said the hibernal den is not a replacement for regular lair space and I sincerely hope that the admins do add more regular unrestricted lair space. The admins concerns about feeding and coliseum loading can be mitigated. Many players with completely expanded and full lairs have no issues feeding their dragons and indeed have excess food, and with the introduction of the hibernal den, players who would have issues with feeding can mitigate it with the hibernal den. And with the introduction of lair tabs, they could mitigate the coliseum loading by having the coliseum load by tab rather than the full lair.

The hibernal den with the long cooldown is unlikely to work for players who run hatcheries who breed upon request or who don't have a rotating schedule as they might end up with several dragons stuck on cooldown taking up valuable lair space and preventing them from bringing a pair they want/need to breed out since they couldn't put another pair in.

One thing with the hibernal den--depending on the cost or limit of number of the den spaces, players might not have a large enough hibernal den to mvoe things around freely.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
I do understand the frustration of no news about lair space and increasing the cap, but I also feel that some people are severely underestimating the number of people who would find the den useful.

Not everyone breeds any or all of the their dragons, not everyone has lore that means they can't move dragons to a different tab without messing up the lore, etc.. So, for many people, this hibernal den will be a HUGE help, unless space is severely limited there as well.

Instead of bashing (which not everyone is doing, but I have seen at least one person doing what I would consider bashing) the den, simply explain why it won't work, and then give solutions to the reasons behind why the admins SAID they wouldn't give us lair space right now.

The two I remember were feeding and coliseum. They felt that players couldn't really keep up with larger lairs and that it would affect the coliseum loadout.

So, for the first:

A gathering update. Not just to give more food, but allow more levels, and make it so that as you go up in level, you gain not just more food points (even if it is one item) but just more items in general, so that it feels like you are actively leveling up.

Bring in some more baldwin food items that have either higher points or multiple category.

Bring in the cooking suggestion that goes around so players can turn those 1 or 2 point food items into higher food point items.

Maybe bring in some more coliseum venues with even food distribution.

Fix the bugs that feeding dragons currently have so that omnivores actually eat like they are omnivores.

For the coliseum loadout issue:

A popular suggestion was to have a simple check box on each dragons page that would remove them.

Thinking about it, I suggested earlier in the thread to be able to designate lair tabs as either non-breeders or non-fighters (or both)

Allow players to toggle types of dragons they want to see (since we can't use unnamed, allow players to toggle whether unnamed load by default in the coliseum)

I do support more lair expansions or removing the cap altogether as I feel it could be a good sink over time for players. not everyone will keep expanding their lairs, but as those that do will need more treasure over time and will be removing that treasure from the economy.

They could even have an insanely high cap (say 1000 or even 2000 dragons to start with) to see how many players actually reach the cap. For most, I think a cap that high would make it seem like the cap was non-existent (especially if it were 2 million for 5 spaces, that is a LOT of treasure removed from the system), while allowing those who really want to expand to do so.

If enough players reach the cap (say at least 50% of the active players) then they can expand it again, providing that the previous cap didn't affect the servers.
I do understand the frustration of no news about lair space and increasing the cap, but I also feel that some people are severely underestimating the number of people who would find the den useful.

Not everyone breeds any or all of the their dragons, not everyone has lore that means they can't move dragons to a different tab without messing up the lore, etc.. So, for many people, this hibernal den will be a HUGE help, unless space is severely limited there as well.

Instead of bashing (which not everyone is doing, but I have seen at least one person doing what I would consider bashing) the den, simply explain why it won't work, and then give solutions to the reasons behind why the admins SAID they wouldn't give us lair space right now.

The two I remember were feeding and coliseum. They felt that players couldn't really keep up with larger lairs and that it would affect the coliseum loadout.

So, for the first:

A gathering update. Not just to give more food, but allow more levels, and make it so that as you go up in level, you gain not just more food points (even if it is one item) but just more items in general, so that it feels like you are actively leveling up.

Bring in some more baldwin food items that have either higher points or multiple category.

Bring in the cooking suggestion that goes around so players can turn those 1 or 2 point food items into higher food point items.

Maybe bring in some more coliseum venues with even food distribution.

Fix the bugs that feeding dragons currently have so that omnivores actually eat like they are omnivores.

For the coliseum loadout issue:

A popular suggestion was to have a simple check box on each dragons page that would remove them.

Thinking about it, I suggested earlier in the thread to be able to designate lair tabs as either non-breeders or non-fighters (or both)

Allow players to toggle types of dragons they want to see (since we can't use unnamed, allow players to toggle whether unnamed load by default in the coliseum)

I do support more lair expansions or removing the cap altogether as I feel it could be a good sink over time for players. not everyone will keep expanding their lairs, but as those that do will need more treasure over time and will be removing that treasure from the economy.

They could even have an insanely high cap (say 1000 or even 2000 dragons to start with) to see how many players actually reach the cap. For most, I think a cap that high would make it seem like the cap was non-existent (especially if it were 2 million for 5 spaces, that is a LOT of treasure removed from the system), while allowing those who really want to expand to do so.

If enough players reach the cap (say at least 50% of the active players) then they can expand it again, providing that the previous cap didn't affect the servers.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I feel that 2+ years is enough time to make a decision about it and that the silence speaks for itself. I believe there are economic reasons for them remaining silent.

I will use the den for sure. I have several memorial dragons that would be prefect for a den. I love the idea of the tabs. I just want to continue to collect without throwing away dragons I like.

Perhaps I am wrong, it's been known to happen. :D
I just would like resolution to this ongoing question and request
I feel that 2+ years is enough time to make a decision about it and that the silence speaks for itself. I believe there are economic reasons for them remaining silent.

I will use the den for sure. I have several memorial dragons that would be prefect for a den. I love the idea of the tabs. I just want to continue to collect without throwing away dragons I like.

Perhaps I am wrong, it's been known to happen. :D
I just would like resolution to this ongoing question and request
I'm far from the cap, but I understand the frustration of those who have the economic means to support more dragons but not the space. Maybe increase the cap by 5 for now, while working out a long-term solution?

Ah, it feels weird to add this, but seeing how heated this thread is I'd rather nobody quote and attack. I threw my thoughts in, it's just my point of view and I don't really wish to argue. Gathering different opinions is part of a suggestion thread. Sorry to be such a wimp.
I'm far from the cap, but I understand the frustration of those who have the economic means to support more dragons but not the space. Maybe increase the cap by 5 for now, while working out a long-term solution?

Ah, it feels weird to add this, but seeing how heated this thread is I'd rather nobody quote and attack. I threw my thoughts in, it's just my point of view and I don't really wish to argue. Gathering different opinions is part of a suggestion thread. Sorry to be such a wimp.
66MHIIb.png
Just posting here to add my voice in full support of additional lair space.

I care about this game and I spend a lot of money and time in it. I've wanted to buy more lair space for years now and honestly I think it's about time it's increased. I'm a Gen One collector. My personal play style does not involve breeding. I simply play this game to collect Generation One dragons and a lair cap severely hinders my ability to continue to do so. I am at the point where I'm being forced to cull dragons I deeply care about in order to make room for new dragons. It is frustrating.

Also, I have nothing against the hibernal den. I think it's a very good idea for many of those who play this game a certain way, but if we're all being honest, we don't all play the same way and it's just not the perfect fix to suit everyone. I hope that this can be realized and other options (such as additional lair space) can also be added for those of us not helped by the den. ♥
Just posting here to add my voice in full support of additional lair space.

I care about this game and I spend a lot of money and time in it. I've wanted to buy more lair space for years now and honestly I think it's about time it's increased. I'm a Gen One collector. My personal play style does not involve breeding. I simply play this game to collect Generation One dragons and a lair cap severely hinders my ability to continue to do so. I am at the point where I'm being forced to cull dragons I deeply care about in order to make room for new dragons. It is frustrating.

Also, I have nothing against the hibernal den. I think it's a very good idea for many of those who play this game a certain way, but if we're all being honest, we don't all play the same way and it's just not the perfect fix to suit everyone. I hope that this can be realized and other options (such as additional lair space) can also be added for those of us not helped by the den. ♥
sig128_by_dingobreath-dcours4.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 28 29