Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Lair Space suggestions
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
[quote name="@Namarie" date="2019-11-27 12:39:54" ] [quote name="BirbDude" date="2019-11-14 01:13:02" ] I couldn't be bothered to have an opinion strong enough to make a post about it, but the last two really gave me a strong urge to post. 2. is just stupid. it'd make the site so much more laggy and the developers would have to do SO much more work on the site to balance out the lag. 3. is equally stupid, because having lair space means your smart with your treasure and it can help you learn what you really want to do with your money. would you rather spend it on some really cool apparel that'd make people go woah, or would you rather not care about other people's opinions on your dragons and by more space? [/quote] @/BirbDude i could not quite understand your post.. u think it is silly to get more active lairspacE? why? As it is now a player cannot have more than 210 active lairspaces even if they want to. People who want less lairspace can just not buy the expansions but for those of us who want more active lairspace its kinda of a stalemate. And for many of us Hibernation is NOT the same thing. We want to feed, play and bond with our dragons.. aka having them in our active lairspace If you dont like big lairs u got options. If you want 50000 dragons,, u dont have the option. [/quote] I know, but it would be SO much more laggy! My wifi is alright, but it'd implode with the amount of lag 50000 dragons in many lairs scattered across FR would be. Besides, we already have a large number for our dragon lair cap. [i]And[/i] lair cap of this 210 would help people to not be greedy and let other people have the chance to have a dragon they want, because you might have a dragon that you like more than that.
@Namarie wrote on 2019-11-27 12:39:54:
BirbDude wrote on 2019-11-14 01:13:02:
I couldn't be bothered to have an opinion strong enough to make a post about it, but the last two really gave me a strong urge to post.
2. is just stupid. it'd make the site so much more laggy and the developers would have to do SO much more work on the site to balance out the lag.
3. is equally stupid, because having lair space means your smart with your treasure and it can help you learn what you really want to do with your money. would you rather spend it on some really cool apparel that'd make people go woah, or would you rather not care about other people's opinions on your dragons and by more space?

@/BirbDude i could not quite understand your post.. u think it is silly to get more active lairspacE? why?
As it is now a player cannot have more than 210 active lairspaces even if they want to. People who want less lairspace can just not buy the expansions but for those of us who want more active lairspace its kinda of a stalemate.
And for many of us Hibernation is NOT the same thing. We want to feed, play and bond with our dragons.. aka having them in our active lairspace

If you dont like big lairs u got options. If you want 50000 dragons,, u dont have the option.
I know, but it would be SO much more laggy! My wifi is alright, but it'd implode with the amount of lag 50000 dragons in many lairs scattered across FR would be. Besides, we already have a large number for our dragon lair cap. And lair cap of this 210 would help people to not be greedy and let other people have the chance to have a dragon they want, because you might have a dragon that you like more than that.
74392265.png 74392265.png 74392265.png 74392265.png 74392265.png 74392265.png 74392265.png
@BirbDude collectors like me who collect old dragons, or some who collect gen ones etc we dont want to let go of our precious dragons. Atm I can store 210 in my active lairspace and 600 in the hibernal den but there are 999,999 dragons with an id of 6 digits or lower...

Granted i canont get them all but if i could i would get all .. That whats a collector is all about. Collecting and showing your priced dragons off.

The lag on the site has nothing to do with lairsize, the admin had said so themselfs.. the only reason they gave not to increase the active lairspace to a mllion (just a number not an actual suggestion) is that the feeding mechanism would not work right

But if a player can afford the lairexpansion and to feed their active dragons i see no reason to limit them

@BirbDude collectors like me who collect old dragons, or some who collect gen ones etc we dont want to let go of our precious dragons. Atm I can store 210 in my active lairspace and 600 in the hibernal den but there are 999,999 dragons with an id of 6 digits or lower...

Granted i canont get them all but if i could i would get all .. That whats a collector is all about. Collecting and showing your priced dragons off.

The lag on the site has nothing to do with lairsize, the admin had said so themselfs.. the only reason they gave not to increase the active lairspace to a mllion (just a number not an actual suggestion) is that the feeding mechanism would not work right

But if a player can afford the lairexpansion and to feed their active dragons i see no reason to limit them

NO LONGER ACTIVE.

I LEFT FR AND GIVEN AWAY MY STUFF.
@Birbdude I love collecting, it is what keeps me coming back to this site. The number of dragons in my lair doesn`t have an effect on your load time, since they are different screens. You just load a page at a time...I don`t see how unlimited lair space harms anyone, and it is a good money sink. It isn`t something anyone would be unable to have if they saved for it. Please at some point let us have as many as we wish, and I, for one, have no trouble with the den, in fact I love it and can always switch them up.
@Birbdude I love collecting, it is what keeps me coming back to this site. The number of dragons in my lair doesn`t have an effect on your load time, since they are different screens. You just load a page at a time...I don`t see how unlimited lair space harms anyone, and it is a good money sink. It isn`t something anyone would be unable to have if they saved for it. Please at some point let us have as many as we wish, and I, for one, have no trouble with the den, in fact I love it and can always switch them up.
BkIPCfy.jpg
I still think the time stamp needed for many active lair mechanism that's not available to den is the main reason. But I wonder why devs don't simply say it, maybe they are afraid people won't understand and a reason such as 'too many to feed' is understandable to all... I'm just speculating...

But yay to more active lair spaces, and I do wish it's a start for some kind of steady increase in the future. While I don't think unlimited lair space is feasible (even for hardcore collectors) but a steady increment won't hurt. While I'm happy with either more active lair or den spaces because I'm not really a breeder, I can totally understand the need for more spaces in general as a collector of pretty dragons. If I can I'd love to find a suitable dragon for every accent I have, and right now I'm still, umm, about 600 dragons short. Does it mean if I don't have that many dragons others will 'have a chance to get a dragon they want'? Not really, because most of my dragons I got at fairly low prices anyway - they are precious to me but not really holding any 'collecting values' to others.
I still think the time stamp needed for many active lair mechanism that's not available to den is the main reason. But I wonder why devs don't simply say it, maybe they are afraid people won't understand and a reason such as 'too many to feed' is understandable to all... I'm just speculating...

But yay to more active lair spaces, and I do wish it's a start for some kind of steady increase in the future. While I don't think unlimited lair space is feasible (even for hardcore collectors) but a steady increment won't hurt. While I'm happy with either more active lair or den spaces because I'm not really a breeder, I can totally understand the need for more spaces in general as a collector of pretty dragons. If I can I'd love to find a suitable dragon for every accent I have, and right now I'm still, umm, about 600 dragons short. Does it mean if I don't have that many dragons others will 'have a chance to get a dragon they want'? Not really, because most of my dragons I got at fairly low prices anyway - they are precious to me but not really holding any 'collecting values' to others.
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
[quote name="BirbDude" date="2019-11-27 21:35:40" ] [i]And[/i] lair cap of this 210 would help people to not be greedy and let other people have the chance to have a dragon they want, because you might have a dragon that you like more than that. [/quote] @BirbDude Except that right now there are more than 72k dragons for sale in the AH, most of which will end up exalted, like 90% or something? I can’t remember the exact stat but it’s HUGE. Hundreds if not thousands of dragons are exalted every single day and the number of dragons in the AH continues to increase. There is NO shortage of desirable dragons and there is no danger of that happening even if the lair cap is raised to 1000, or removed altogether. So honestly, I am not sure what you mean when you say “let other people have the chance to have a dragon they want” because even if people are selling good dragons to make space the most likely outcome is that those dragons are STILL going to end up exalted due to an over saturated market. And it’s kind of mean spirited to hope that they don’t increase the lairspace simply so avid collectors will be forced to sell their beloved dragons in the hopes that you will be able to snatch up one you want. That’s ACTUALLY being greedy, and envious and covetous as well. “Greedy” does not apply to collectors who simply want to hoard a TEENY TINY INFINITESIMAL FRACTION of all the dragons ever hatched on here, that would have almost certainly ended up exalted anyway. People who want certain particular dragons can search until they find the right one to buy, can start a breeding/gening project, etc.... Besides the fact that collectors like me likely AREN’T selling their personal dragons for space anymore- why would we, when we can toss them in the hibernal den? We want more active lairspace so we DON’T have to toss them in the den...so we can keep them active, breeding. So a 210 lair limit STILL doesn’t do what you think it will.
BirbDude wrote on 2019-11-27 21:35:40:
And lair cap of this 210 would help people to not be greedy and let other people have the chance to have a dragon they want, because you might have a dragon that you like more than that.

@BirbDude

Except that right now there are more than 72k dragons for sale in the AH, most of which will end up exalted, like 90% or something? I can’t remember the exact stat but it’s HUGE.

Hundreds if not thousands of dragons are exalted every single day and the number of dragons in the AH continues to increase.

There is NO shortage of desirable dragons and there is no danger of that happening even if the lair cap is raised to 1000, or removed altogether.

So honestly, I am not sure what you mean when you say “let other people have the chance to have a dragon they want” because even if people are selling good dragons to make space the most likely outcome is that those dragons are STILL going to end up exalted due to an over saturated market.

And it’s kind of mean spirited to hope that they don’t increase the lairspace simply so avid collectors will be forced to sell their beloved dragons in the hopes that you will be able to snatch up one you want. That’s ACTUALLY being greedy, and envious and covetous as well. “Greedy” does not apply to collectors who simply want to hoard a TEENY TINY INFINITESIMAL FRACTION of all the dragons ever hatched on here, that would have almost certainly ended up exalted anyway.

People who want certain particular dragons can search until they find the right one to buy, can start a breeding/gening project, etc....

Besides the fact that collectors like me likely AREN’T selling their personal dragons for space anymore- why would we, when we can toss them in the hibernal den?

We want more active lairspace so we DON’T have to toss them in the den...so we can keep them active, breeding. So a 210 lair limit STILL doesn’t do what you think it will.

Dappervolk ID #27689
Rbf96Oh.gifCuK85yM.pngtRNevRC.gif
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29