Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Lair Space suggestions
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 28 29
Seeing the overpopulation as a problem is simply mathematics. As dragons don't die, there will eventually be so many dragons that no one will care to buy any dragons at prices over the exalt price (except for the newest genes), because there is always someone that will sell similar or as good hatchlings at fodder price or give them for free. To me it is very discouraging not to be able to sell hatchlings at any sensible price except for the newest genes and some strikes of luck (and I have advertised a lot), but if others don't see it that way, fine. I have done some leveling up of fodder at coli, but I feel it is rather dull. I do go to coli rather often to get food for my dergs, though. Fodder leveling just needs more effort.

Overpopulation will be a problem, if it is not a problem now. Increasing lair space can only postpone the inevitable. Still, I would welcome the increase of lair space.

No hard feelings, if you don't see the problem. There are different ways of playing this game. But I feel there will be others seeing it my way a couple of years from now. It would be interesting to see a graph of the number of active dragons on FR each year, or even each month. That might make you see what I mean. Especially if there was a way to remove the dead lairs from the graph.
Seeing the overpopulation as a problem is simply mathematics. As dragons don't die, there will eventually be so many dragons that no one will care to buy any dragons at prices over the exalt price (except for the newest genes), because there is always someone that will sell similar or as good hatchlings at fodder price or give them for free. To me it is very discouraging not to be able to sell hatchlings at any sensible price except for the newest genes and some strikes of luck (and I have advertised a lot), but if others don't see it that way, fine. I have done some leveling up of fodder at coli, but I feel it is rather dull. I do go to coli rather often to get food for my dergs, though. Fodder leveling just needs more effort.

Overpopulation will be a problem, if it is not a problem now. Increasing lair space can only postpone the inevitable. Still, I would welcome the increase of lair space.

No hard feelings, if you don't see the problem. There are different ways of playing this game. But I feel there will be others seeing it my way a couple of years from now. It would be interesting to see a graph of the number of active dragons on FR each year, or even each month. That might make you see what I mean. Especially if there was a way to remove the dead lairs from the graph.
I have significantly reduced how much I'm on. I get on and feed. I do not buy gems anymore and once my last nest is empty I will not breed anymore. If there is not enough concern over players that have been here for the long haul and actually want to collect dragons on a dragon breeding and collecting game then I do not see the point. I cannot even get excited about new genes and apparel . What's the point
I have significantly reduced how much I'm on. I get on and feed. I do not buy gems anymore and once my last nest is empty I will not breed anymore. If there is not enough concern over players that have been here for the long haul and actually want to collect dragons on a dragon breeding and collecting game then I do not see the point. I cannot even get excited about new genes and apparel . What's the point
1L5TGl1.pngjn0pAcU.pngNVgCjtR.pngghAVYGe.pngx3J6SUS.png
This is a bit of a splinter topic, but to the notion that breeding and exalting dragons is the main engine for making money on here... again, a playstyle thing, but I have never exalted a dragon (for lore reasons and sentimentality) and I am, frankly, LOADED. Anybody need a treasure-marketplace scroll? I stock up on the things when my flight dominates because I have nothing else to do with all this money, when I would LIKE to be buying lots and lots of lair space and lots and lots of dragons.

that is an actual offer btw, I might just have the scroll you need ;)

Editing to be more specific because I didn't really talk about BREEDING as a form of profit - it's a pretty rare thing that I actually SELL a dragon, because I put them above fodder price to discourage immediate exaltation. Most of the time, I give them away on free dragon threads with the caveat "please don't take them just to exalt them." (like, EVENTUALLY is fine, but jeez not like, the same DAY) And even if I WERE selling most of my dragons, I still wouldn't be selling all that many of them because I'm usually so low on lair space I can't HATCH very many.

How did I become loaded? By playing the Fairgrounds and selling things I pick up in the Coliseum and bonding with familiars and selling stuff to Crim. Breeding (and exalting) are pretty much the LAST thing that makes me money on this site.
This is a bit of a splinter topic, but to the notion that breeding and exalting dragons is the main engine for making money on here... again, a playstyle thing, but I have never exalted a dragon (for lore reasons and sentimentality) and I am, frankly, LOADED. Anybody need a treasure-marketplace scroll? I stock up on the things when my flight dominates because I have nothing else to do with all this money, when I would LIKE to be buying lots and lots of lair space and lots and lots of dragons.

that is an actual offer btw, I might just have the scroll you need ;)

Editing to be more specific because I didn't really talk about BREEDING as a form of profit - it's a pretty rare thing that I actually SELL a dragon, because I put them above fodder price to discourage immediate exaltation. Most of the time, I give them away on free dragon threads with the caveat "please don't take them just to exalt them." (like, EVENTUALLY is fine, but jeez not like, the same DAY) And even if I WERE selling most of my dragons, I still wouldn't be selling all that many of them because I'm usually so low on lair space I can't HATCH very many.

How did I become loaded? By playing the Fairgrounds and selling things I pick up in the Coliseum and bonding with familiars and selling stuff to Crim. Breeding (and exalting) are pretty much the LAST thing that makes me money on this site.
@Rhonu I feel like your ideas about dragon over populations might belong in a thread of its own with your ideas ? Over population in the ah has nothing to do with having a large lair... you can have 5 nests as a maxium regardless of lairspace so it´s not a lairspace problem... In fact I would argue its the other way around.. the more space I got the more dragons I can buy off ah... Right now I cant buy any more dragons so yeah :/

Just got two more lovely old dragons from the ah.. and now I got 1 room if I want to breed.. and I do.

I cant buy anymore now.. it feel soo empy and sad and limited. Dear staff its been so so so so so long.. Please dont make us suffer for longer.. Give us 100 more spaces just to tie us over until you decide what you want to do after The Hibernal Den.. which I still hope is not the final solution

It is soo heartbreaking seeing dragons you want on ah but cant buy them... I have spend soo much on the dragons I have in terms of genes, art, apparel etc. I dont want to cull.. nor should I need too..

On my bleeding knees and crying.. Please give us more regular lairspace!!!
@Rhonu I feel like your ideas about dragon over populations might belong in a thread of its own with your ideas ? Over population in the ah has nothing to do with having a large lair... you can have 5 nests as a maxium regardless of lairspace so it´s not a lairspace problem... In fact I would argue its the other way around.. the more space I got the more dragons I can buy off ah... Right now I cant buy any more dragons so yeah :/

Just got two more lovely old dragons from the ah.. and now I got 1 room if I want to breed.. and I do.

I cant buy anymore now.. it feel soo empy and sad and limited. Dear staff its been so so so so so long.. Please dont make us suffer for longer.. Give us 100 more spaces just to tie us over until you decide what you want to do after The Hibernal Den.. which I still hope is not the final solution

It is soo heartbreaking seeing dragons you want on ah but cant buy them... I have spend soo much on the dragons I have in terms of genes, art, apparel etc. I dont want to cull.. nor should I need too..

On my bleeding knees and crying.. Please give us more regular lairspace!!!
NO LONGER ACTIVE.

I LEFT FR AND GIVEN AWAY MY STUFF.
@Taarnfalk ah, the suggestion you linked is interesting but I wouldn't support it. I just meant that maybe you could have to pay a certain amount of treasure, to unlock another 200 slots that you then have to buy just like you buy the first 200 slots. Does that make sense?
@Taarnfalk ah, the suggestion you linked is interesting but I wouldn't support it. I just meant that maybe you could have to pay a certain amount of treasure, to unlock another 200 slots that you then have to buy just like you buy the first 200 slots. Does that make sense?
((Kai || they/them))
K6TNbNL.pnggnd7XS8.pngxAaH3K8.pngipiaOGP.pngLrK9u2q.png
[quote name="@Rhonu" date="2018-11-23 07:57:35" ] Seeing the overpopulation as a problem is simply mathematics. As dragons don't die, there will eventually be so many dragons that no one will care to buy any dragons at prices over the exalt price (except for the newest genes), because there is always someone that will sell similar or as good hatchlings at fodder price or give them for free. To me it is very discouraging not to be able to sell hatchlings at any sensible price except for the newest genes and some strikes of luck (and I have advertised a lot), but if others don't see it that way, fine. I have done some leveling up of fodder at coli, but I feel it is rather dull. I do go to coli rather often to get food for my dergs, though. Fodder leveling just needs more effort. Overpopulation will be a problem, if it is not a problem now. Increasing lair space can only postpone the inevitable. [/quote] If overpopulation was ever going to be a problem, it would have been a problem years ago. But it never was, and arguably never will be. Why? Because we can [i]exalt[/i] dragons. The entire purpose of exalting (ignoring its role in Dominance) is to remove excess dragons from active gameplay. It even rewards players for doing so. But even if exalting didn't give any rewards, players would still use it because it's a necessary mechanic to control population in a game that lets you breed dragons without restriction. I'm going to say this again: Dragons aren't precious. They're not meant to be rare, they're not meant to be valuable (beyond what value you personally assign them). If you can't sell your dragons, then it just means no one is interested those dragons. Sorry but them's the breaks. It's not a problem with overpopulation. Being able to make sales as a (non-fodder) dragon breeder/seller is not a guarantee. It never has been. Doesn't matter if your dragon has the newest or most popular genes, has a unique colour combo that only you can breed, has a special hatch date, a unique number, or whatever. If someone thinks your dragon isn't worth the price you're asking for it, they're going to pass no matter what. And we don't want lair space increased because we're trying to outrun overpopulation. That's just silly. As I said before, there will always be more dragons than there is lair space (no matter how many lair expansions we get). We want lair space to be increased because, at its heart, FR is a dragon collection game and it's been over 2 years since the cap was raised. Many players have been stuck unable to do anything because the devs have left this issue alone for so long and have been radio silent with the playerbase about it the entire time. The worst part of it is that this arguably should not have been a problem. For anyone who wasn't around for the old thread or around for the news post when the Hibernal Den was still just an idea, the reason the devs haven't given us more lair space is because they weren't sure if more regular lair expansions was the right direction to go for the future. Not "we're [i]incapable[/i] of giving you more lair space because our servers, code rewrite, etc. prevent us from doing that" but "we don't think it's what you need" essentially. One thing I've enjoyed about the various revamps to the Crossroads, Auction House, and Coli is the FR team's desire to improve. But being told that regular lair space—something that is useful to ALL players—isn't ideal when it's [b]exactly[/b] what a lot of players want is honestly nettling. To wait 2 years and counting for more space (regular lair space, Hibernal Den, whatever) when they apparently could have just raised the lair cap all along, as they've done in the past, is downright frustrating. [quote name="Rhonu" date="2018-11-23 07:57:35" ] No hard feelings, if you don't see the problem. There are different ways of playing this game. But I feel there will be others seeing it my way a couple of years from now. It would be interesting to see a graph of the number of active dragons on FR each year, or even each month. That might make you see what I mean. Especially if there was a way to remove the dead lairs from the graph. [/quote] I have seen the infographics and the discussions concerning dragon populations over the years, and it has been consistently noted that only ~20% of the entire dragon population is ever active. The other 80% gets exalted. If you want to do the number-crunching yourself, here are some links with data: [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1827320#post_1827320]April 2016[/url] (This was compiled before Bogsneaks existed, which is why they're missing) [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2286594/1#post_2286594]Sept 2017[/url] [url=https://imgur.com/gallery/zfURM1k]April 2018[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2480761#post_2480761]July & Aug 2018[/url] Unless some gameplay mechanics are drastically altered or introduced that would impede our ability to exalt dragons, I don't see those numbers changing considering that they've hardly changed over the years. As a whole, players exalt far more dragons than they keep. Now if you want that active population to be lower, then you need to either incentivize players to exalt more than they're doing now or you need to introduce additional mechanics that also remove dragons from the population. But that's not what this thread is for.
@Rhonu wrote on 2018-11-23 07:57:35:

Overpopulation will be a problem, if it is not a problem now. Increasing lair space can only postpone the inevitable.

If overpopulation was ever going to be a problem, it would have been a problem years ago. But it never was, and arguably never will be. Why? Because we can exalt dragons.

The entire purpose of exalting (ignoring its role in Dominance) is to remove excess dragons from active gameplay. It even rewards players for doing so. But even if exalting didn't give any rewards, players would still use it because it's a necessary mechanic to control population in a game that lets you breed dragons without restriction.

I'm going to say this again: Dragons aren't precious. They're not meant to be rare, they're not meant to be valuable (beyond what value you personally assign them). If you can't sell your dragons, then it just means no one is interested those dragons. Sorry but them's the breaks. It's not a problem with overpopulation.

Being able to make sales as a (non-fodder) dragon breeder/seller is not a guarantee. It never has been. Doesn't matter if your dragon has the newest or most popular genes, has a unique colour combo that only you can breed, has a special hatch date, a unique number, or whatever. If someone thinks your dragon isn't worth the price you're asking for it, they're going to pass no matter what.

And we don't want lair space increased because we're trying to outrun overpopulation. That's just silly. As I said before, there will always be more dragons than there is lair space (no matter how many lair expansions we get).

We want lair space to be increased because, at its heart, FR is a dragon collection game and it's been over 2 years since the cap was raised. Many players have been stuck unable to do anything because the devs have left this issue alone for so long and have been radio silent with the playerbase about it the entire time.

The worst part of it is that this arguably should not have been a problem. For anyone who wasn't around for the old thread or around for the news post when the Hibernal Den was still just an idea, the reason the devs haven't given us more lair space is because they weren't sure if more regular lair expansions was the right direction to go for the future. Not "we're incapable of giving you more lair space because our servers, code rewrite, etc. prevent us from doing that" but "we don't think it's what you need" essentially.

One thing I've enjoyed about the various revamps to the Crossroads, Auction House, and Coli is the FR team's desire to improve. But being told that regular lair space—something that is useful to ALL players—isn't ideal when it's exactly what a lot of players want is honestly nettling. To wait 2 years and counting for more space (regular lair space, Hibernal Den, whatever) when they apparently could have just raised the lair cap all along, as they've done in the past, is downright frustrating.

Rhonu wrote on 2018-11-23 07:57:35:

I have seen the infographics and the discussions concerning dragon populations over the years, and it has been consistently noted that only ~20% of the entire dragon population is ever active. The other 80% gets exalted.

If you want to do the number-crunching yourself, here are some links with data:

April 2016 (This was compiled before Bogsneaks existed, which is why they're missing)
Sept 2017
April 2018
July & Aug 2018

Unless some gameplay mechanics are drastically altered or introduced that would impede our ability to exalt dragons, I don't see those numbers changing considering that they've hardly changed over the years. As a whole, players exalt far more dragons than they keep.

Now if you want that active population to be lower, then you need to either incentivize players to exalt more than they're doing now or you need to introduce additional mechanics that also remove dragons from the population. But that's not what this thread is for.
YrlvOd9.pngQ47Y0lm.png
[quote name="@arcaneidolriots" date="2018-11-23 20:04:34" ] We want lair space to be increased because, at its heart, FR is a dragon collection game and it's been over 2 years since the cap was raised. Many players have been stuck unable to do anything because the devs have left this issue alone for so long and have been radio silent with the playerbase about it the entire time. [/quote] Agreed with your entire post, particularly this. And to me, the most damaging aspect of the way this was handled was that there was [b]no[/b] indication, when the cap was raised to 200 or in the months that followed, that that being the last 'real' expansion was even under consideration. Previously, there was never more than a year between raises. It's not unreasonable for players to have counted on that pattern. I know I went into overdrive saving treasure and kept a sharp eye on when my flight would have dom next when the next raise would've been forecast. Then it was a year...and then more than a year. If, when we got that tenth page, we'd been warned that the trend might not continue, people could have made different choices about buying dragons, breeding them, and starting projects.
@arcaneidolriots wrote on 2018-11-23 20:04:34:
We want lair space to be increased because, at its heart, FR is a dragon collection game and it's been over 2 years since the cap was raised. Many players have been stuck unable to do anything because the devs have left this issue alone for so long and have been radio silent with the playerbase about it the entire time.

Agreed with your entire post, particularly this. And to me, the most damaging aspect of the way this was handled was that there was no indication, when the cap was raised to 200 or in the months that followed, that that being the last 'real' expansion was even under consideration.

Previously, there was never more than a year between raises. It's not unreasonable for players to have counted on that pattern.

I know I went into overdrive saving treasure and kept a sharp eye on when my flight would have dom next when the next raise would've been forecast. Then it was a year...and then more than a year.

If, when we got that tenth page, we'd been warned that the trend might not continue, people could have made different choices about buying dragons, breeding them, and starting projects.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
@Lara8, yeah I think part it may be that lairs got shuffled lower and lower on priority list compared to some of the other rewrites. I mean, I do think things like the AH and Coli revamps were important and have a wider impact on the site overall. While arranging dragons in our lair is finicky, it's not unbearable. (Except to mobile users.)

But I do think that following the last lair cap raise, it would have been nice if the devs came out and said, "The lair rewrite isn't top priority right now compared to our other projects, and we don't plan to add further lair expansions until we start working on the revamp proper, just fyi."

I remember clearly a year ago, people were asking when the next lair expansion was going to be, and a lot of players said "Well it's been almost a year since the last one, so it probably won't be too long now!" And it just never came (obviously).

Like @/Churrell commented on the last page, I'm also at the point where I just want the devs to sit down and talk to us at length exactly what the reasons are behind not giving us more regular lair space, not even just idk another page or two to hold us over for the time being. Communication is incredibly important, and I feel like most of us here and in the old thread would be less frustrated if we didn't feel like we're talking into the void and if we knew what was going on on the dev's end of things.
@Lara8, yeah I think part it may be that lairs got shuffled lower and lower on priority list compared to some of the other rewrites. I mean, I do think things like the AH and Coli revamps were important and have a wider impact on the site overall. While arranging dragons in our lair is finicky, it's not unbearable. (Except to mobile users.)

But I do think that following the last lair cap raise, it would have been nice if the devs came out and said, "The lair rewrite isn't top priority right now compared to our other projects, and we don't plan to add further lair expansions until we start working on the revamp proper, just fyi."

I remember clearly a year ago, people were asking when the next lair expansion was going to be, and a lot of players said "Well it's been almost a year since the last one, so it probably won't be too long now!" And it just never came (obviously).

Like @/Churrell commented on the last page, I'm also at the point where I just want the devs to sit down and talk to us at length exactly what the reasons are behind not giving us more regular lair space, not even just idk another page or two to hold us over for the time being. Communication is incredibly important, and I feel like most of us here and in the old thread would be less frustrated if we didn't feel like we're talking into the void and if we knew what was going on on the dev's end of things.
YrlvOd9.pngQ47Y0lm.png
A bit difficult to read from those statistics, but if I read them correctly, the number of active dragons has almost doubled in two years (2016-2018). Much milder growth than I expected based on how difficult it is to sell compared to when I started, and how many people are complaining about the difficulty to sell. I guess the difficulty to sell makes people exalt much more. Anyhow, I stand corrected. There seems to be no exponential growth.

And still, yes, more lair space is needed. Even as I have not reached the cap, it is frustrating to have to exalt so many dragons to be able to breed or buy new dragons. My limitation currently is just the high price of lair space, but if it was not possible for me to get more lair space in any way (except for selling and/or exalting those pretties), I would probably simply quit playing this game. The world is full of games. So if the cap does not go up, I will probably quit at latest when I reach the 200 dergs cap. Well, that's hardly a big loss for the community if I leave. I'm just one noisy individual.

But, when you have a lair full of really beautiful dragons, many of them with good lore, it is not fun to exalt of even sell lots of them. And a game should be fun.

To me it would be different if I could start entirely all over, from the beginning. It would be about the same as playing a Pokemon game again from start. I could create a new progen and a new lore.. I would like that. Especially if I could store the old lair somewhere as a history page. (And it is not the same to sell all my dergs and start again. I would want new starters and easy expanding of lair.) But I guess this is off topic again. I stop my blabbering now.

So, game makers, please give us more lair space!

A bit difficult to read from those statistics, but if I read them correctly, the number of active dragons has almost doubled in two years (2016-2018). Much milder growth than I expected based on how difficult it is to sell compared to when I started, and how many people are complaining about the difficulty to sell. I guess the difficulty to sell makes people exalt much more. Anyhow, I stand corrected. There seems to be no exponential growth.

And still, yes, more lair space is needed. Even as I have not reached the cap, it is frustrating to have to exalt so many dragons to be able to breed or buy new dragons. My limitation currently is just the high price of lair space, but if it was not possible for me to get more lair space in any way (except for selling and/or exalting those pretties), I would probably simply quit playing this game. The world is full of games. So if the cap does not go up, I will probably quit at latest when I reach the 200 dergs cap. Well, that's hardly a big loss for the community if I leave. I'm just one noisy individual.

But, when you have a lair full of really beautiful dragons, many of them with good lore, it is not fun to exalt of even sell lots of them. And a game should be fun.

To me it would be different if I could start entirely all over, from the beginning. It would be about the same as playing a Pokemon game again from start. I could create a new progen and a new lore.. I would like that. Especially if I could store the old lair somewhere as a history page. (And it is not the same to sell all my dergs and start again. I would want new starters and easy expanding of lair.) But I guess this is off topic again. I stop my blabbering now.

So, game makers, please give us more lair space!

@Rhonu it is so so so so sad when you reach the limit and realize that this is it... No more dragons unless you want to cull dragons away which you spend a lot of time, money and gems on..

And we should not be in a situation where we have to choose.. It is utterly heartbreaking that we dont hear anything.

@arcaneidolriots I agree completly that communication is the key but so far we been met with a wall of silence and inquiries which got deleted... it is so sad and frustrating...

@Lara8 If I back then had known that 200 were the limit I prob would have prioritized differently... or at the most new that this was it and looked for another game.. I really like fr and want to support it.. but the way the request for more regular lairspace have been dealt with is just beyond my understandings.
@Rhonu it is so so so so sad when you reach the limit and realize that this is it... No more dragons unless you want to cull dragons away which you spend a lot of time, money and gems on..

And we should not be in a situation where we have to choose.. It is utterly heartbreaking that we dont hear anything.

@arcaneidolriots I agree completly that communication is the key but so far we been met with a wall of silence and inquiries which got deleted... it is so sad and frustrating...

@Lara8 If I back then had known that 200 were the limit I prob would have prioritized differently... or at the most new that this was it and looked for another game.. I really like fr and want to support it.. but the way the request for more regular lairspace have been dealt with is just beyond my understandings.
NO LONGER ACTIVE.

I LEFT FR AND GIVEN AWAY MY STUFF.
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 28 29