Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Lair Space suggestions
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 28 29
@KairinRose that suggestion was raised by someone else just cant find the thread atm..I dont favor it as I rather want all my dragons in the same lair.. I like having my dragons collected in one clan!

@Silverstream2 50-100 spaces right now would be lovely to tie us over but imo far to little.. unless it was added 50-100 spaces every year :D ;)
@KairinRose that suggestion was raised by someone else just cant find the thread atm..I dont favor it as I rather want all my dragons in the same lair.. I like having my dragons collected in one clan!

@Silverstream2 50-100 spaces right now would be lovely to tie us over but imo far to little.. unless it was added 50-100 spaces every year :D ;)
NO LONGER ACTIVE.

I LEFT FR AND GIVEN AWAY MY STUFF.
Like many others, I would like the game to have more lair space (although I have not reached the cap yet). Raise the cap to 300 or 400 and slow down the rate the expansion cost goes up? That would be lovely.

I have some thoughts on the overpopulation problem.

I think 4 or 5 eggs per nest is too much. If I was a programmer of this game, I would program it so that if one already has one pair on a nest, putting another pair on a nest would reduce the probability of getting 4 or 5 eggs per nest, and if you have two pairs on nests and you put a third pair on a nest, the probability of getting 3 eggs goes lower and probability of getting 4 or 5 eggs goes even lower, and so on. That would reduce overpopulation rate. People would probably wait until they get very good dragons (pretty, new genes) to put on a nest. Of course that would somewhat reduce gaining treasure by training and exalting fodder. But one can get treasure on the Fairgrounds as well. And people would get more dragons sold at better prices.

Perhaps the reduction in egg count could be milder if you only have 3 pages or less dragons, and stronger when your amount of dragons gets closer to the cap. In real life birds get less eggs if there is not enough food. Perhaps the dragons could feel the crowdedness of the lair and lay less eggs to make sure all hatchlings will have enough food? And when there is a lot of lair space - perhaps beacause several got exalted - there would be more eggs per nest.

Also, the deities could buy nests back at the same price they sell nests. So people who already have lots of dragons could sell a nest back and get some treasure for it. That would reduce the breeding, because when those nests are there, one feels it is a waste not to use them. I don't think I need 5 nests, but as I have them, I use them.

Any way of encouraging exalting naturally helps reducing overpopulation. Better exalting prices for example. Or additional lair space for those who have exalted many dragons? Perhaps the deities could show on the front page also exalted dragons with some honorary words, and perhaps even an exalted dragon together with the deity?

Like many others, I would like the game to have more lair space (although I have not reached the cap yet). Raise the cap to 300 or 400 and slow down the rate the expansion cost goes up? That would be lovely.

I have some thoughts on the overpopulation problem.

I think 4 or 5 eggs per nest is too much. If I was a programmer of this game, I would program it so that if one already has one pair on a nest, putting another pair on a nest would reduce the probability of getting 4 or 5 eggs per nest, and if you have two pairs on nests and you put a third pair on a nest, the probability of getting 3 eggs goes lower and probability of getting 4 or 5 eggs goes even lower, and so on. That would reduce overpopulation rate. People would probably wait until they get very good dragons (pretty, new genes) to put on a nest. Of course that would somewhat reduce gaining treasure by training and exalting fodder. But one can get treasure on the Fairgrounds as well. And people would get more dragons sold at better prices.

Perhaps the reduction in egg count could be milder if you only have 3 pages or less dragons, and stronger when your amount of dragons gets closer to the cap. In real life birds get less eggs if there is not enough food. Perhaps the dragons could feel the crowdedness of the lair and lay less eggs to make sure all hatchlings will have enough food? And when there is a lot of lair space - perhaps beacause several got exalted - there would be more eggs per nest.

Also, the deities could buy nests back at the same price they sell nests. So people who already have lots of dragons could sell a nest back and get some treasure for it. That would reduce the breeding, because when those nests are there, one feels it is a waste not to use them. I don't think I need 5 nests, but as I have them, I use them.

Any way of encouraging exalting naturally helps reducing overpopulation. Better exalting prices for example. Or additional lair space for those who have exalted many dragons? Perhaps the deities could show on the front page also exalted dragons with some honorary words, and perhaps even an exalted dragon together with the deity?

@Taarnfalk it wouldn't necessarily be separate from your first lair, it could be just basically an expansion for your regular lair, but you purchase the ability to start buying lair slots again, essentially. Does that make sense?

Also, no support for @Rhonu's ideas, because imo it all defeats the purpose of adding lair space: it discourages collecting dragons. The suggestion of decreasing the chance of 4 or 5 eggs in a nest would put a stopper on hatcheries, and with the long cooldowns, it would be disappointing. It would also be a LOT harder to try to work on projects. I'd be very disappointed if something like that were implemented.

I also don't see a purpose for selling back nests, but I can't see the harm, so I guess I could support that.
@Taarnfalk it wouldn't necessarily be separate from your first lair, it could be just basically an expansion for your regular lair, but you purchase the ability to start buying lair slots again, essentially. Does that make sense?

Also, no support for @Rhonu's ideas, because imo it all defeats the purpose of adding lair space: it discourages collecting dragons. The suggestion of decreasing the chance of 4 or 5 eggs in a nest would put a stopper on hatcheries, and with the long cooldowns, it would be disappointing. It would also be a LOT harder to try to work on projects. I'd be very disappointed if something like that were implemented.

I also don't see a purpose for selling back nests, but I can't see the harm, so I guess I could support that.
((Kai || they/them))
K6TNbNL.pnggnd7XS8.pngxAaH3K8.pngipiaOGP.pngLrK9u2q.png
@KairinRose

I disagree that less eggs on a nest would discourage adding lair space and collecting dragons. It would increase people's willingness to buy dragons. Now it is extremely difficult to sell dragons, which is always a letdown.

Yes, it would make projects more difficult, though. But some solution to the overpopulation problem is needed. Less eggs would be less painful than dragons dying or egg rot or something else drastic.

Personally I have never understood the idea of hatcheries. I rarely put myself on a pinglist. But if others like hatcheries, that's fine. A few less eggs would not put a stop on hatcheries, just make them a little less productive.
@KairinRose

I disagree that less eggs on a nest would discourage adding lair space and collecting dragons. It would increase people's willingness to buy dragons. Now it is extremely difficult to sell dragons, which is always a letdown.

Yes, it would make projects more difficult, though. But some solution to the overpopulation problem is needed. Less eggs would be less painful than dragons dying or egg rot or something else drastic.

Personally I have never understood the idea of hatcheries. I rarely put myself on a pinglist. But if others like hatcheries, that's fine. A few less eggs would not put a stop on hatcheries, just make them a little less productive.
Might just be my playstyle talking here, but I don't need or want anything to change besides the fact that the lair cap exists. I'm good with expansions costing a lot - that makes it rewarding to be able to afford one. And I don't want to see egg count going down, that kind of pulls the rug out from under us (though not as badly as having the original eye art changed).

Like, I really don't know what the issue with more lair space is, the only possible reason we shouldn't have it is if the servers can't handle it, and we've had no word on whether that's the case, which really isn't fair. I just want to hear WHY they think there's a problem with more lair space, because we've given numerous arguments against everything they've supposedly proposed. I really want a more transparent conversation about what their concerns are, be it servers, game economy, or whatever.
Might just be my playstyle talking here, but I don't need or want anything to change besides the fact that the lair cap exists. I'm good with expansions costing a lot - that makes it rewarding to be able to afford one. And I don't want to see egg count going down, that kind of pulls the rug out from under us (though not as badly as having the original eye art changed).

Like, I really don't know what the issue with more lair space is, the only possible reason we shouldn't have it is if the servers can't handle it, and we've had no word on whether that's the case, which really isn't fair. I just want to hear WHY they think there's a problem with more lair space, because we've given numerous arguments against everything they've supposedly proposed. I really want a more transparent conversation about what their concerns are, be it servers, game economy, or whatever.
@Churrell

Same. I get the feeling that at this point, they're just waiting until after the hibernal den launches to answer or address anything, in hopes that will satisfy the need. Which for some it might...but that still doesn't answer the question of why they don't want there to be more regular lairspace. As you say, all the issues that I can think of (feeding, coli loadout, cost, etc) have been amply rebutted both here and on the old thread.

And who knows when the den will show up - of course, it's a big feature that looks like it's going to be awesome and I wouldn't want them to feel rushed, but it would be really nice to have some more spaces for breathing room in the meantime.
@Churrell

Same. I get the feeling that at this point, they're just waiting until after the hibernal den launches to answer or address anything, in hopes that will satisfy the need. Which for some it might...but that still doesn't answer the question of why they don't want there to be more regular lairspace. As you say, all the issues that I can think of (feeding, coli loadout, cost, etc) have been amply rebutted both here and on the old thread.

And who knows when the den will show up - of course, it's a big feature that looks like it's going to be awesome and I wouldn't want them to feel rushed, but it would be really nice to have some more spaces for breathing room in the meantime.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
@Rhonu, overpopulation is not a problem though? As much as some players like to complain about how their dragons aren't selling above fodder price, when I talk to those players or read their discussions, a lot of the time they don't do anything to promote themselves or their dragons. They think throwing their dragons on the AH should be enough. But as I tell people constantly, putting your dragons on the AH and then just sitting on your hands doesn't get dragons sold.

But a lot of people don't want to put in the effort. So they complain about how's there's too many dragons and if only there were less dragons around they'd have less competition and could sell their dragons what they're worth!

It doesn't work that way. A dragon's value is subjective. Just because you think a dragon is worth x amount, doesn't mean another person will. But players tend to inflate how much their dragons are worth due to sentimentality (because it's their babies) when the fact is, when you really get down to it, ALL dragons are only worth their exalt payout.

Dragons aren't precious. If they were meant to be, then you would only be able to breed a dragon a limited amount of times before it became infertile.

While I kinda understand the intention behind your suggestion about the reducing the number of eggs per nest, it doesn't help the problem of limited lair space. It doesn't even reduce overpopulation. (Unhatched eggs exist after all.) There will always be more dragons than there are lair spaces. All your suggestion does is deter players from actively breeding their dragons, which is one of the big features of FR. If a player doesn't want to breed their dragons, that's their business, but you shouldn't punish an entire subset of the playerbase who make breeding their main focus on the site.
@Rhonu, overpopulation is not a problem though? As much as some players like to complain about how their dragons aren't selling above fodder price, when I talk to those players or read their discussions, a lot of the time they don't do anything to promote themselves or their dragons. They think throwing their dragons on the AH should be enough. But as I tell people constantly, putting your dragons on the AH and then just sitting on your hands doesn't get dragons sold.

But a lot of people don't want to put in the effort. So they complain about how's there's too many dragons and if only there were less dragons around they'd have less competition and could sell their dragons what they're worth!

It doesn't work that way. A dragon's value is subjective. Just because you think a dragon is worth x amount, doesn't mean another person will. But players tend to inflate how much their dragons are worth due to sentimentality (because it's their babies) when the fact is, when you really get down to it, ALL dragons are only worth their exalt payout.

Dragons aren't precious. If they were meant to be, then you would only be able to breed a dragon a limited amount of times before it became infertile.

While I kinda understand the intention behind your suggestion about the reducing the number of eggs per nest, it doesn't help the problem of limited lair space. It doesn't even reduce overpopulation. (Unhatched eggs exist after all.) There will always be more dragons than there are lair spaces. All your suggestion does is deter players from actively breeding their dragons, which is one of the big features of FR. If a player doesn't want to breed their dragons, that's their business, but you shouldn't punish an entire subset of the playerbase who make breeding their main focus on the site.
YrlvOd9.pngQ47Y0lm.png
[size=2][color=#bc9ad4][quote name=arcaneidolriots]While I kinda understand the intention behind your suggestion about the reducing the number of eggs per nest, it doesn't help the problem of limited lair space. It doesn't even reduce overpopulation. (Unhatched eggs exist after all.) There will always be more dragons than there are lair spaces. All your suggestion does is deter players from actively breeding their dragons, which is one of the big features of FR. If a player doesn't want to breed their dragons, that's their business, but you shouldn't punish an entire subset of the playerbase who make breeding their main focus on the site.[/quote] [size=2][color=#bc9ad4]thank you for putting my thoughts into words. Overpopulation is not the problem! having more lair space would mean that people can keep more dragons, which would make them more willing to buy more dragons! why encourage the exaltation of dragons? Encourage people to [b]keep[/b] more dragons! and this is a dragon breeding and collecting game, that's the point of Flight Rising. putting limits on breeding as WELL as collecting would just make Flight Rising unplayable.
arcaneidolriots wrote:

thank you for putting my thoughts into words. Overpopulation is not the problem! having more lair space would mean that people can keep more dragons, which would make them more willing to buy more dragons! why encourage the exaltation of dragons? Encourage people to keep more dragons!

and this is a dragon breeding and collecting game, that's the point of Flight Rising. putting limits on breeding as WELL as collecting would just make Flight Rising unplayable.
((Kai || they/them))
K6TNbNL.pnggnd7XS8.pngxAaH3K8.pngipiaOGP.pngLrK9u2q.png
@Rhonu [quote name=arcaneidolriots]While I kinda understand the intention behind your suggestion about the reducing the number of eggs per nest, it doesn't help the problem of limited lair space. It doesn't even reduce overpopulation. (Unhatched eggs exist after all.) There will always be more dragons than there are lair spaces. All your suggestion does is deter players from actively breeding their dragons, which is one of the big features of FR. If a player doesn't want to breed their dragons, that's their business, but you shouldn't punish an entire subset of the playerbase who make breeding their main focus on the site.[/quote] I could not say this better. I don't think punishing ppl for having a large lair would be good. That said there should be done something to encourage ppl to exalt. I exalt 95 % or more of the hatchlings I hatch. I only breed to see the outcome. They get one day on ah mostly for fodder price and if they dont go, I exalt them myself. I think the problem is that ppl think that breeding is a way of getting money.. it is not a viable source of income if you ONLY breed. Lvling and exating is, breeding on it´s own is not nor should it be. Im rambling on, point is that the problem with lairspace has nothing to do with the hatchlings being born, you can have 3 pages of lair and produce more offspring than a person with a 10 page lair... Lairspace is essential for the game and I hope we get more real lairspace in addition to The Hibernal Den. @Lara8 Part of me fear that we wont see an answer even when The Hibernal Den comes... I have very little confidence after what happened after our last inquiries about lairspace.. @KairinRose I found the link to the other lair suggestion thread http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/1970540/1 I sadly did not get what you meant with your idea but I am not a native English speaker so dont worry about that. I rather keep having one lair and be able to expand that lair.
@Rhonu
arcaneidolriots wrote:

I could not say this better. I don't think punishing ppl for having a large lair would be good. That said there should be done something to encourage ppl to exalt. I exalt 95 % or more of the hatchlings I hatch. I only breed to see the outcome. They get one day on ah mostly for fodder price and if they dont go, I exalt them myself. I think the problem is that ppl think that breeding is a way of getting money.. it is not a viable source of income if you ONLY breed. Lvling and exating is, breeding on it´s own is not nor should it be.

Im rambling on, point is that the problem with lairspace has nothing to do with the hatchlings being born, you can have 3 pages of lair and produce more offspring than a person with a 10 page lair...

Lairspace is essential for the game and I hope we get more real lairspace in addition to The Hibernal Den.

@Lara8 Part of me fear that we wont see an answer even when The Hibernal Den comes... I have very little confidence after what happened after our last inquiries about lairspace..

@KairinRose I found the link to the other lair suggestion thread

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/1970540/1

I sadly did not get what you meant with your idea but I am not a native English speaker so dont worry about that.

I rather keep having one lair and be able to expand that lair.
NO LONGER ACTIVE.

I LEFT FR AND GIVEN AWAY MY STUFF.
agreeing with everyone else that overpopulation isn't a problem, and this isn't really the thread for discussing "solutions" for it, anyways.

regardless, the idea of larger lairs being punished by having lower percentages of eggs per nest for a "food" reason... i have over 10k points in every food group, and nearly 30k meat points. my dragons are not for want of food, haha.

also, there's enough players now that even if lowering % of eggs/nest is implemented, it'll barely make a dent in the number of dragons being poured into the economy.
agreeing with everyone else that overpopulation isn't a problem, and this isn't really the thread for discussing "solutions" for it, anyways.

regardless, the idea of larger lairs being punished by having lower percentages of eggs per nest for a "food" reason... i have over 10k points in every food group, and nearly 30k meat points. my dragons are not for want of food, haha.

also, there's enough players now that even if lowering % of eggs/nest is implemented, it'll barely make a dent in the number of dragons being poured into the economy.
NY105Sx.gif
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 28 29