Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Please Fix Lionfish on Tundras!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Support. I am so tired of feeling like floofs get the short end of the stick on everything from genes to apparel. I get that not everyone has the affection for Tundra that I do but leaving a dragon half unmarked looks like an error even if it is not one.

I know it will not change... none of the complaints about genes have done squat but I figured I might as well chime in anyways.
Support. I am so tired of feeling like floofs get the short end of the stick on everything from genes to apparel. I get that not everyone has the affection for Tundra that I do but leaving a dragon half unmarked looks like an error even if it is not one.

I know it will not change... none of the complaints about genes have done squat but I figured I might as well chime in anyways.
Stuff will one day go here.
Please fix it!!! It looks horrendous and honestly, why the heck would I pay full price for a gene that will only cover half a dragon?? It's different when the gene doesn't touch accent parts like manes and feathers vs. the entire leg/shoulder area!
Please fix it!!! It looks horrendous and honestly, why the heck would I pay full price for a gene that will only cover half a dragon?? It's different when the gene doesn't touch accent parts like manes and feathers vs. the entire leg/shoulder area!
Nobody wants to tell you why discipline is so important. Discipline is the strongest form of self-love. It is ignoring current pleasures for bigger rewards to come. It's loving yourself enough to give yourself everything you've ever wanted.
[quote]The only thing I'd like to see in relation to this is add some tertiary genes that focus on areas of dragons frequently left "blank" by other genes. And more localized tertiary genes rather than all the busy ones we get now that add markings everywhere.[/quote] Bang. It's fine the way it is and it actually gives owners options. If people want something busier, they can get Pinstripe. [quote]why the heck would I pay full price for a gene that will only cover half a dragon?? [/quote] You might not want to pay that price, but some people have been asking for genes that were less overpowering. Not all genes are going to please your personal aesthetic.
Quote:
The only thing I'd like to see in relation to this is add some tertiary genes that focus on areas of dragons frequently left "blank" by other genes. And more localized tertiary genes rather than all the busy ones we get now that add markings everywhere.

Bang.

It's fine the way it is and it actually gives owners options. If people want something busier, they can get Pinstripe.
Quote:
why the heck would I pay full price for a gene that will only cover half a dragon??

You might not want to pay that price, but some people have been asking for genes that were less overpowering.

Not all genes are going to please your personal aesthetic.
I'm not a huge fan of how it looks right now, but I'm going to say no support anyway. This looks like a choice and not a mistake, and while it doesn't really work for me, it might work for someone else. I also really like the idea of new genes covering *only* the fluffy/"blank" areas.
I'm not a huge fan of how it looks right now, but I'm going to say no support anyway. This looks like a choice and not a mistake, and while it doesn't really work for me, it might work for someone else. I also really like the idea of new genes covering *only* the fluffy/"blank" areas.
tumblr_inline_pawby3qPs91rbjkvp_540.png
Going to change my opinion to no support, after seeing a thread on FRD. That blank spot is absolutely fantastic for showing of terts like riglets of thylacine, which would be lost in the pattern of linofish/noxtide elsewhere.
Going to change my opinion to no support, after seeing a thread on FRD. That blank spot is absolutely fantastic for showing of terts like riglets of thylacine, which would be lost in the pattern of linofish/noxtide elsewhere.
#UnnamedIsValid
Unnamed dragons need love too! There is no shame in having unnamed permas, having dragons with unnamed parents and/or offspring, or exalting unnamed dragons! Leaving dragons unnamed is a perfectly valid playstyle!

she/her or they/them
[quote name="Medenadragon" date="2018-10-21 07:20:34" ] Going to change my opinion to no support, after seeing a thread on FRD. That blank spot is absolutely fantastic for showing of terts like riglets of thylacine, which would be lost in the pattern of linofish/noxtide elsewhere. [/quote] Assuming that being true, it brings another question to my mind - why only Tundras? Like, to show off Ringlets/Thylacine/etc, you must have only this breed and no other? Then perhaps making it so that more than one breed can show off busy terts would look less than an art error and more like an intentional stylistic choice.
Medenadragon wrote on 2018-10-21 07:20:34:

Assuming that being true, it brings another question to my mind - why only Tundras? Like, to show off Ringlets/Thylacine/etc, you must have only this breed and no other? Then perhaps making it so that more than one breed can show off busy terts would look less than an art error and more like an intentional stylistic choice.
JQQ3Fjt.png
Not too sure about this. If it was an honest mistake because the fluffier parts were simply forgotten or because there was some error in the coding, I suppose it should be fixed. Then again, I think there are people that already bought the gene because they thought it was supposed to look like that, so whatever it is done, there is bound to be disappointment on one side.

Personally, I absolute LOVE how it looks and I wish there had been a way to make it look similar to that on the other breeds as well. It opens up so many new possibilities for geneing and accentuating the spaces that were left untouched by the primary gene. It offers more room for the tert or for accents that would otherwise look too busy on a primary that covered the fluff as well. I love it and if it stays like that, which I hope, I do plan on getting a bunch of Tundras to experiment with that gene.
Not too sure about this. If it was an honest mistake because the fluffier parts were simply forgotten or because there was some error in the coding, I suppose it should be fixed. Then again, I think there are people that already bought the gene because they thought it was supposed to look like that, so whatever it is done, there is bound to be disappointment on one side.

Personally, I absolute LOVE how it looks and I wish there had been a way to make it look similar to that on the other breeds as well. It opens up so many new possibilities for geneing and accentuating the spaces that were left untouched by the primary gene. It offers more room for the tert or for accents that would otherwise look too busy on a primary that covered the fluff as well. I love it and if it stays like that, which I hope, I do plan on getting a bunch of Tundras to experiment with that gene.
[quote]Assuming that being true, it brings another question to my mind - why only Tundras? [/quote] I have to admit, I think I'm on this boat. Fix all the other breeds.
Quote:
Assuming that being true, it brings another question to my mind - why only Tundras?
I have to admit, I think I'm on this boat.

Fix all the other breeds.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
[quote name="Almedha" date="2018-10-21 08:23:35" ] [quote]Assuming that being true, it brings another question to my mind - why only Tundras? [/quote] I have to admit, I think I'm on this boat. Fix all the other breeds. [/quote] but how? Tundras have a huge part that can be used like that...but what about faes? Nocturnes? Mirrors? What would they have? No gene at all? I don't see a way to 'fix the other breeds'. Thats why this seems like a mistake. this occurs no where else. this is a unique case. There is no place to have no patterning on other breeds, unless you just want an ugly no gene patch on them. Even just faint striping would make it...you know...not look unfinished?
Almedha wrote on 2018-10-21 08:23:35:
Quote:
Assuming that being true, it brings another question to my mind - why only Tundras?

but how? Tundras have a huge part that can be used like that...but what about faes? Nocturnes? Mirrors? What would they have?
No gene at all?
I don't see a way to 'fix the other breeds'. Thats why this seems like a mistake. this occurs no where else. this is a unique case. There is no place to have no patterning on other breeds, unless you just want an ugly no gene patch on them.

Even just faint striping would make it...you know...not look unfinished?
zorua.gif He/they/it/xe ani_bw-S_487-origin.gif
[quote name="Almedha" date="2018-10-21 08:23:35" ] [quote]Assuming that being true, it brings another question to my mind - why only Tundras? [/quote] I have to admit, I think I'm on this boat. Fix all the other breeds. [/quote] I think the biggest reason why it can't be 'fixed' on other breeds is that to date, Tundras are the only 'furry' breed. Coatls have feathers, and all the others seem leathery/scaley to me. They have fur in small amounts like manes or beards or tail tufts, but they are not covered with fur like tundras. So, Like ProwlerBC, I don't know how it could be done on the other breeds as well, since, in that respect, tundras are unique.
Almedha wrote on 2018-10-21 08:23:35:
Quote:

I think the biggest reason why it can't be 'fixed' on other breeds is that to date, Tundras are the only 'furry' breed.

Coatls have feathers, and all the others seem leathery/scaley to me. They have fur in small amounts like manes or beards or tail tufts, but they are not covered with fur like tundras.

So, Like ProwlerBC, I don't know how it could be done on the other breeds as well, since, in that respect, tundras are unique.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8