Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Please Fix Lionfish on Tundras!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Not really support.

If people want a striped pattern that go on the fur...they can get pinstripe.

Like, I am fond of the fact that one goes over the fur, and one does not, even though I do not own a Tundra.

Mmmm, diversity
Not really support.

Like, I am fond of the fact that one goes over the fur, and one does not, even though I do not own a Tundra.

Mmmm, diversity
Support
It just doesn't look good when Tundras have sooo much unmarked fur.
Support
It just doesn't look good when Tundras have sooo much unmarked fur.
Usually I am against fixing genes after they've been released but I have a hinting suspicion that they just plain uploaded an unfinished file or whoever made the gene fell asleep while doing the tundra version xD the gene is clearly not complete on tundras, no other genes are half baked on tundras, I would love to see the corrected version since I love the gene so much <: Genes usually don't look Like That on tundras which is why I feel it might be an error. I believe most if not all primary genes effect most of the body on tundras rather than just the small amount that isn't fur [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=49&bodygene=23&breed=6&element=9&eyetype=6&gender=1&tert=132&tertgene=0&winggene=2&wings=150&auth=5bc08e5eada1f41b22f80bb3e0e0648387a35875&dummyext=prev.png[/img] I won't be obnoxious and put pictures of ever gene that works correctly but... most of them cover the fur!
Usually I am against fixing genes after they've been released but I have a hinting suspicion that they just plain uploaded an unfinished file or whoever made the gene fell asleep while doing the tundra version xD the gene is clearly not complete on tundras, no other genes are half baked on tundras, I would love to see the corrected version since I love the gene so much <:

Genes usually don't look Like That on tundras which is why I feel it might be an error. I believe most if not all primary genes effect most of the body on tundras rather than just the small amount that isn't fur

dragon?age=1&body=49&bodygene=23&breed=6&element=9&eyetype=6&gender=1&tert=132&tertgene=0&winggene=2&wings=150&auth=5bc08e5eada1f41b22f80bb3e0e0648387a35875&dummyext=prev.png

I won't be obnoxious and put pictures of ever gene that works correctly but... most of them cover the fur!
In some male tundras the mane part of the secondary gene doesn't match the wing part, due to this bizarre choice to keep the mane basic. But more problematic is that half the tundra has a very busy pattern while the other half is completely bare without even dynamic shading to distinguish it from basic, and we have very few tertiaries that target that area, and none that only target that area.

Generally I'm also not for changing genes after release, as what's done is done, and people have already started using it for what it is now, but this really seems like a mistake. So ... half support, I guess? If it turns out to be an actual design choice I'll probably just wait for a tertiary that targets that area before I use any myself. If it's truly a mistake I'd vastly prefer it being fixed.
In some male tundras the mane part of the secondary gene doesn't match the wing part, due to this bizarre choice to keep the mane basic. But more problematic is that half the tundra has a very busy pattern while the other half is completely bare without even dynamic shading to distinguish it from basic, and we have very few tertiaries that target that area, and none that only target that area.

Generally I'm also not for changing genes after release, as what's done is done, and people have already started using it for what it is now, but this really seems like a mistake. So ... half support, I guess? If it turns out to be an actual design choice I'll probably just wait for a tertiary that targets that area before I use any myself. If it's truly a mistake I'd vastly prefer it being fixed.
lmBVOQT.gif
We know who you are, we know everything about you
And we know where you live, oh, we know where you live...

Art Store
SNH9aOp.gif
@LennyThynn

I don't understand what you mean with the first paragraph? Can you show an example or two?
@LennyThynn

I don't understand what you mean with the first paragraph? Can you show an example or two?
No support since I actually like how tundra's look less busy compared to the other breeds

I think these new genes are too cluttered and of all the variations tundra looks best
No support since I actually like how tundra's look less busy compared to the other breeds

I think these new genes are too cluttered and of all the variations tundra looks best
I really like how it looks on female tundras. .. Males could use some tweaking but generally i kinda like how it looks now. .
I really like how it looks on female tundras. .. Males could use some tweaking but generally i kinda like how it looks now. .
NO LONGER ACTIVE.

I LEFT FR AND GIVEN AWAY MY STUFF.
Support. I tested out ever patterned primary gene on a tundra

this only occurs on Lionfish. Even vipera has patterning on the wings and shoulders. That just makes it feel really unfinished. Why only lionfish? It looks odd, lazy even. please, this is the only primary gene that doesn't gave fur patterning and it bothers me
Support. I tested out ever patterned primary gene on a tundra

this only occurs on Lionfish. Even vipera has patterning on the wings and shoulders. That just makes it feel really unfinished. Why only lionfish? It looks odd, lazy even. please, this is the only primary gene that doesn't gave fur patterning and it bothers me
zorua.gif He/they/it/xe ani_bw-S_487-origin.gif
Support! As soon as the gene was out i went to check it on my Tundra and... Dissapointment
Support! As soon as the gene was out i went to check it on my Tundra and... Dissapointment
» Uva
» FR +4
» Pings EzHOmu6.png
YRgKvwk.gif
0mCnaKl.png KNdRBxl.png
FE9pJK1.png
oaolHwW.png
FObX7rS.png
6meUms1.png
hEE2Ga6.png
xpqTBTn.gif
[quote name="Sopheroo" date="2018-10-20 07:27:56" ] Not really support. If people want a striped pattern that go on the fur...they can get pinstripe. Like, I am fond of the fact that one goes over the fur, and one does not, even though I do not own a Tundra. Mmmm, diversity [/quote] I sort of have to agree with this. If this were a mistake, then by all means fix it, but if it was an intended stylistic choice, then don't 'fix' it. It is nice to have ranges of genes that can accommodate everyone. Not everyone is going to like the stylistic choices made for one gene, and to me, that is fine. I would LOVE filigree if it didn't go over the head like it does, I would LOVE runes if it didn't have the foot and leg part. However, others might love those genes specifically because of those areas. Again, if this is a mistake on the part of the artists, then fixing it now would be best. But, if not, and from the example put earlier, 'fur' on other dragons (though of course other dragons aren't as furry as tundras) didn't get any of the gene put on them. Coatls, on their chest, it looks more like feathers than fur to me, so they don't really count in my book. For the future, I would like more genes like this as I like how the tundras look, though I would like perhaps a smidge of patterning and/or coloration on the fur in the future, to show it wasn't a mistake. (also, how about fur only genes? They only affect the fur parts of the dragons.... For dragons that don't have fur, maybe they could affect only the horns/spines/whatever they have in place of fur...) Edit: Looking through the announcement thread, and I have to say, I love how this looks on tundras. I would have liked tundras to have maybe a bit of tint or gradient like on the fins of other dragons on their floof, but overall, I like it. When I first saw the announcement, I looked, looked as the examples, and backed out because the gene combo is WAY to busy for me. I didn't even bother going to the scrying workshop to check how it looks, because I already knew I wouldn't like it. However, tundras make the busyness manageable to me, and I am going to go scry the tundras I have to see if it looks good on them.
Sopheroo wrote on 2018-10-20 07:27:56:
Not really support.

Mmmm, diversity
I sort of have to agree with this.

If this were a mistake, then by all means fix it, but if it was an intended stylistic choice, then don't 'fix' it. It is nice to have ranges of genes that can accommodate everyone.

Not everyone is going to like the stylistic choices made for one gene, and to me, that is fine. I would LOVE filigree if it didn't go over the head like it does, I would LOVE runes if it didn't have the foot and leg part. However, others might love those genes specifically because of those areas.

Again, if this is a mistake on the part of the artists, then fixing it now would be best. But, if not, and from the example put earlier, 'fur' on other dragons (though of course other dragons aren't as furry as tundras) didn't get any of the gene put on them. Coatls, on their chest, it looks more like feathers than fur to me, so they don't really count in my book.

For the future, I would like more genes like this as I like how the tundras look, though I would like perhaps a smidge of patterning and/or coloration on the fur in the future, to show it wasn't a mistake.

(also, how about fur only genes? They only affect the fur parts of the dragons.... For dragons that don't have fur, maybe they could affect only the horns/spines/whatever they have in place of fur...)

Edit:

Looking through the announcement thread, and I have to say, I love how this looks on tundras. I would have liked tundras to have maybe a bit of tint or gradient like on the fins of other dragons on their floof, but overall, I like it.

When I first saw the announcement, I looked, looked as the examples, and backed out because the gene combo is WAY to busy for me. I didn't even bother going to the scrying workshop to check how it looks, because I already knew I wouldn't like it. However, tundras make the busyness manageable to me, and I am going to go scry the tundras I have to see if it looks good on them.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8