Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | A Roundsey Specific Dragon Breed
1 2
Just a thought that occurred to me while I was washing dishes at work. I know this might be a bit controversial but I thought I'd mention it anyways. I realize it's impossible to know if my idea is feasible until the raffle actually comes out but I figured I'd put my two cents in. The idea probably needs some more work but you miss 100% of the shots you don't take and whatnot. Anyways, I think it'd be fun if Roundsey had a dragon breed that could only be obtainable through her raffles. It should be an uncommon breed like Bogsneaks, and Roundsey would hand out eggs and scrolls; probably at a rate of 3 to 5 eggs (or more) for every 1 scroll. Obviously these are just my suggested numbers and they should be tweaked to prevent the eggs and scrolls from being exorbitantly expensive. Of course, customs created by the admins would be handed out as well. [size=1]That is what inspired my idea lol.[/size] [b]EDITED FOR CLARITY[/b] There was some confusion and I'd just like to clarify that my original intent was that several eggs handed out each week and a couple of scrolls maybe every other week, not one a week for either. If the admins were only going to hand out one egg or scroll a week I'd prefer they do it with existing stuff, not an exclusive one. For the eggs, I'm rather fond of the idea that they'd look like an oyster, geode, whatever ([i]"A tough, nondescript exterior deter most creatures but most dragons are strong enough to extract the treasures inside."[/i]) or a bright and shiny golden egg ([i]"Can you imagine the size of the goose that laid this egg?"[/i]). Something that looks an egg but isn't confirmed as such until someone wins it and hatches it. To explain mechanically/lorewise, it could be said that Roundsey finds the geodes/oysters/whatever or purchases them while she's gathering prizes, and mistakes the eggs for actual geodes/oysters/whatever. It could be that the breed specializes in disguising their eggs to keep them safe, as the parents themselves tend to hunt/forage far from the nest. It's important that their eggs don't look like eggs so they don't get eaten. Or perhaps they lay really pretty eggs so that they can tuck them away into the hoards of other dragons so that they're safe from Beastclan nest raiders. No one would look for eggs in a hoard, amirght? I don't really have any ideas for what the dragon would be or look like, but there are several very good ideas here in the suggestions forums that the artists could draw inspiration from. (I know which one I'm biased towards though, lol.) I do think either of my above egg suggestions though would lend themselves well towards an Earth based breed or a Water based breed. I know a lot of players have been asking for another Water breed and I think this is a good opportunity for it. I do want to make it clear though that I don't think this dragon should be inspired by Roundsey or her raffle; it is simply the mechanic that dispenses the new breed, regardless of the lore behind it. And before people say no, don't do it, rich players will buy "all" the tickets to try and guarantee a win... So what? They can only do it so many times before they run out of cash, and that's [i]if[/i] they decide to try and out compete other wealthy players instead of trying their luck with a more reasonable amount of tickets. From a business perspective, it'd be foolish to spend that much on something you aren't guaranteed to win and make your money back on by selling or breeding it. From a gambler's perspective... sweet sweet bragging rights to have the first few, and I think anybody that spends the kind of money for "all" the tickets probably deserves it. Kind of like people who save up for a KS familiar or a Light Sprite. Besides, the dev update states that there's going to be multiple prizes each week and each player only gets 1 prize, so if there were a couple eggs in the pool valued roughly at what the egg market currently is, players who buy thousands of tickets will probably have their win used up by something with a higher monetary value. It's really hard to speculate until we see how the raffle is run. [size=2](Note: by "all" I mean "they bought significantly more tickets than the average user could/would")[/size] [b]EDITED TO ADD[/b] As Jemadar mentioned, the raffle might be a fun way for admins to drop new breed and gene scrolls into the game. [quote name="Jemadar" date="2018-08-19 10:56:04" ]However, one thing I wouldn't mind would be 'sneak' previews, where scrolls are released to roundsey before they are released to the general public. This would give players incentive to sink money into raffles, while still giving players other chances to get the scrolls rather than relying on RNG and the players who win them. [/quote] As multiple people have mentioned concern about so few eggs being released, Mohenjo had a potential solution. [quote name="Mohenjo" date="2018-08-19 10:51:56" ]One solution could be if there were clusters of eggs/scrolls raffled off, that would mean the gen 1 prices would be lower, and it would mean the breed wouldn't need to be uncommon, it could be rare. I'm not too sure how I feel about multiple eggs being raffled off in one slot, but it would solve the issue of so few dragons of the breed being added to the game per year.[/quote] I too am a little uncertain about multiple eggs in one slot going to just one person, but I think a chest item a person could open with the chance of getting 1 to 4 eggs - just like an actual nest with same breed parents - would be good way to introduce this item. Also, multiple people have suggested a Roundsey specific gene. I think that would be fun as well as long as they passed out multiple copies a week. [b]Another edit...[/b] I was also thinking, given my above suggestion of the disguised eggs, that if the admins couldn't hand out enough eggs given raffle mechanics/demand, that the eggs could be a NotN thing too, and be slightly more rare than Noc eggs.
Just a thought that occurred to me while I was washing dishes at work. I know this might be a bit controversial but I thought I'd mention it anyways. I realize it's impossible to know if my idea is feasible until the raffle actually comes out but I figured I'd put my two cents in. The idea probably needs some more work but you miss 100% of the shots you don't take and whatnot.

Anyways, I think it'd be fun if Roundsey had a dragon breed that could only be obtainable through her raffles. It should be an uncommon breed like Bogsneaks, and Roundsey would hand out eggs and scrolls; probably at a rate of 3 to 5 eggs (or more) for every 1 scroll. Obviously these are just my suggested numbers and they should be tweaked to prevent the eggs and scrolls from being exorbitantly expensive. Of course, customs created by the admins would be handed out as well. That is what inspired my idea lol.

EDITED FOR CLARITY
There was some confusion and I'd just like to clarify that my original intent was that several eggs handed out each week and a couple of scrolls maybe every other week, not one a week for either. If the admins were only going to hand out one egg or scroll a week I'd prefer they do it with existing stuff, not an exclusive one.

For the eggs, I'm rather fond of the idea that they'd look like an oyster, geode, whatever ("A tough, nondescript exterior deter most creatures but most dragons are strong enough to extract the treasures inside.") or a bright and shiny golden egg ("Can you imagine the size of the goose that laid this egg?"). Something that looks an egg but isn't confirmed as such until someone wins it and hatches it.

To explain mechanically/lorewise, it could be said that Roundsey finds the geodes/oysters/whatever or purchases them while she's gathering prizes, and mistakes the eggs for actual geodes/oysters/whatever. It could be that the breed specializes in disguising their eggs to keep them safe, as the parents themselves tend to hunt/forage far from the nest. It's important that their eggs don't look like eggs so they don't get eaten. Or perhaps they lay really pretty eggs so that they can tuck them away into the hoards of other dragons so that they're safe from Beastclan nest raiders. No one would look for eggs in a hoard, amirght?

I don't really have any ideas for what the dragon would be or look like, but there are several very good ideas here in the suggestions forums that the artists could draw inspiration from. (I know which one I'm biased towards though, lol.) I do think either of my above egg suggestions though would lend themselves well towards an Earth based breed or a Water based breed. I know a lot of players have been asking for another Water breed and I think this is a good opportunity for it.

I do want to make it clear though that I don't think this dragon should be inspired by Roundsey or her raffle; it is simply the mechanic that dispenses the new breed, regardless of the lore behind it.

And before people say no, don't do it, rich players will buy "all" the tickets to try and guarantee a win... So what? They can only do it so many times before they run out of cash, and that's if they decide to try and out compete other wealthy players instead of trying their luck with a more reasonable amount of tickets.

From a business perspective, it'd be foolish to spend that much on something you aren't guaranteed to win and make your money back on by selling or breeding it. From a gambler's perspective... sweet sweet bragging rights to have the first few, and I think anybody that spends the kind of money for "all" the tickets probably deserves it. Kind of like people who save up for a KS familiar or a Light Sprite.

Besides, the dev update states that there's going to be multiple prizes each week and each player only gets 1 prize, so if there were a couple eggs in the pool valued roughly at what the egg market currently is, players who buy thousands of tickets will probably have their win used up by something with a higher monetary value. It's really hard to speculate until we see how the raffle is run.

(Note: by "all" I mean "they bought significantly more tickets than the average user could/would")

EDITED TO ADD
As Jemadar mentioned, the raffle might be a fun way for admins to drop new breed and gene scrolls into the game.
Jemadar wrote on 2018-08-19 10:56:04:
However, one thing I wouldn't mind would be 'sneak' previews, where scrolls are released to roundsey before they are released to the general public. This would give players incentive to sink money into raffles, while still giving players other chances to get the scrolls rather than relying on RNG and the players who win them.
As multiple people have mentioned concern about so few eggs being released,
Mohenjo had a potential solution.
Mohenjo wrote on 2018-08-19 10:51:56:
One solution could be if there were clusters of eggs/scrolls raffled off, that would mean the gen 1 prices would be lower, and it would mean the breed wouldn't need to be uncommon, it could be rare. I'm not too sure how I feel about multiple eggs being raffled off in one slot, but it would solve the issue of so few dragons of the breed being added to the game per year.
I too am a little uncertain about multiple eggs in one slot going to just one person, but I think a chest item a person could open with the chance of getting 1 to 4 eggs - just like an actual nest with same breed parents - would be good way to introduce this item.

Also, multiple people have suggested a Roundsey specific gene. I think that would be fun as well as long as they passed out multiple copies a week.

Another edit...
I was also thinking, given my above suggestion of the disguised eggs, that if the admins couldn't hand out enough eggs given raffle mechanics/demand, that the eggs could be a NotN thing too, and be slightly more rare than Noc eggs.
My Nuzlocke!
Seeking Marriage Prospects
no thanks. i'm a gen one person and there's already one dragon breed i can't have bc of my play style. i'm fine with that, i already knew imperials wouldn't be a thing for me when i chose to play this way, but i really don't want another breed whose first gens are pretty much impossible to get lol.
no thanks. i'm a gen one person and there's already one dragon breed i can't have bc of my play style. i'm fine with that, i already knew imperials wouldn't be a thing for me when i chose to play this way, but i really don't want another breed whose first gens are pretty much impossible to get lol.
qLQeTFk.gif
xxxxx
ARAxlYW.png
oxDm2Un.png
FObX7rS.png
nWiQNX9.png
mlHpBMC.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
xxxxx 9121892.png
@inklizard
I don't think gen1s would be impossible to get tbh, esp not at the degree Imps are, but I see where you're coming from. :) It would require that the staff not be stingy with the eggs especially but for a lot of players it doesn't matter if the dragon is gen1 or not.
@inklizard
I don't think gen1s would be impossible to get tbh, esp not at the degree Imps are, but I see where you're coming from. :) It would require that the staff not be stingy with the eggs especially but for a lot of players it doesn't matter if the dragon is gen1 or not.
My Nuzlocke!
Seeking Marriage Prospects

I don't think the "it doesn't fit the way I chose to play" objection is a good one. Once upon a time, I was only collecting familiars that dropped to me in the coliseum: I "wasn't allowed" to buy them. But it's not like it would be bad for the game for the staff to release gem and treasure marketplace familiars. I chose to play that way, and that's not anybody's fault and shouldn't affect anybody else.

That said... I think this would be fun. Especially if eggs and new-breed gen1s in the raffle weren't totally uncommon. Dragons have a way of just.. populating the planet. A lot. I think this could be a fun challenge, especially if it were imp or noc rarity.

I don't think the "it doesn't fit the way I chose to play" objection is a good one. Once upon a time, I was only collecting familiars that dropped to me in the coliseum: I "wasn't allowed" to buy them. But it's not like it would be bad for the game for the staff to release gem and treasure marketplace familiars. I chose to play that way, and that's not anybody's fault and shouldn't affect anybody else.

That said... I think this would be fun. Especially if eggs and new-breed gen1s in the raffle weren't totally uncommon. Dragons have a way of just.. populating the planet. A lot. I think this could be a fun challenge, especially if it were imp or noc rarity.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
This would be pretty nice if Roundsey would always give out 2+ every week. The dragons will populate naturally and they'll be just as common as other breeds within a maybe 5 months. It'd be nice to see a breed that is physically rare for awhile. I think people would want scrolls of these dragons more than most of the retired stuff that might get thrown up.
This would be pretty nice if Roundsey would always give out 2+ every week. The dragons will populate naturally and they'll be just as common as other breeds within a maybe 5 months. It'd be nice to see a breed that is physically rare for awhile. I think people would want scrolls of these dragons more than most of the retired stuff that might get thrown up.
I don't see how this would be all that different from bogsneaks (whose eggs are baldwin exclusive right?)...

That being said, a new breed is always nice, and even if first gens of the Roundsey breed are kind of rare, it would still be neat, and they would eventually be commonplace like imps are. I think it could be balanced and has lots of potential, AND you know people are gonna sink a LOT of dough into those raffles
I don't see how this would be all that different from bogsneaks (whose eggs are baldwin exclusive right?)...

That being said, a new breed is always nice, and even if first gens of the Roundsey breed are kind of rare, it would still be neat, and they would eventually be commonplace like imps are. I think it could be balanced and has lots of potential, AND you know people are gonna sink a LOT of dough into those raffles
tumblr_pvk94uYqSJ1tq8ghao5_500.png
Pool/Neen • She/Her • Avatar
No thank you. As a G1 monolair, I'm not eager for yet another breed that's essentially impossible to obtain as a G1 dragon. :'D

No thank you. As a G1 monolair, I'm not eager for yet another breed that's essentially impossible to obtain as a G1 dragon. :'D

shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
The 'it doesn't fit the way I play' objection is... kinda weak if you want my opinion on it. You're choosing to play that way. No one is forcing you to make that choice but yourself, and you shouldn't make the rest of the site cater to that.

My two cents on that topic over and done with, this sounds like a lovely idea, and it would likely encourage people to sink more treasure into Roundsey in order to get the dragons. If it's balanced right, the market shouldn't be flooded by them too quickly but also there would be enough that they wouldn't be the absolute rarest thing.
The 'it doesn't fit the way I play' objection is... kinda weak if you want my opinion on it. You're choosing to play that way. No one is forcing you to make that choice but yourself, and you shouldn't make the rest of the site cater to that.

My two cents on that topic over and done with, this sounds like a lovely idea, and it would likely encourage people to sink more treasure into Roundsey in order to get the dragons. If it's balanced right, the market shouldn't be flooded by them too quickly but also there would be enough that they wouldn't be the absolute rarest thing.
899b13958bd8dd6201cfc8808fbe7689b2ce2e3d.png
FbBE7dN.png
bYt72YT.png
y2UYCzJ.png
a69iToJ.png
mlHpBMC.png
Ap2AjBP.gif
o090-d01-Sinornis.pngo090-d02-Sinornis.pngo090-d03-Sinornis.pngo090-d04-Sinornis.pngo090-d05-Sinornis.png
Mixed support.

I'd prefer not to have another breed with (virtually) impossible to get gen 1s.

If 1 egg/scroll was raffled off per week, that would mean 48 are added to the game per year. That's not very many.

One solution could be if there were clusters of eggs/scrolls raffled off, that would mean the gen 1 prices would be lower, and it would mean the breed wouldn't need to be uncommon, it could be rare. I'm not too sure how I feel about multiple eggs being raffled off in one slot, but it would solve the issue of so few dragons of the breed being added to the game per year.

However, after a year or two, I think this breed would be at fodder prices just like imps, and the new eye types are.
Mixed support.

I'd prefer not to have another breed with (virtually) impossible to get gen 1s.

If 1 egg/scroll was raffled off per week, that would mean 48 are added to the game per year. That's not very many.

However, after a year or two, I think this breed would be at fodder prices just like imps, and the new eye types are.
Need a fodder trainer build? Try one of these:
Kelp Beds - Leviathan Leveler - 2 Fodder Trainer
GLR + Mire - Ghire Gorer - 2 Fodder
Mire - Mire Mauler - 2 Fodder
GLR - Ruin Wrecker - 2 Fodder Trainer
Boreal Wood- Boreal Banisher - 2 Fodder Trainer
Harpy's Roost - Roost Rustler - 2 Fodder Trainer
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
Personally I am hoping that the next breed doesn't come with an egg, but rather just breed change scrolls.

I really don't want all future breeds to have specific eggs for them, for one because that would make calls for the existing breeds to have their own eggs even more prominant, but also because I like diversity, and if this DIDN'T have an egg, it would help both the egg markets as well as the breed change market it self. (as the only way to get gen1s would be to buy a scroll and apply it, and not just buy an egg)

That said, I am iffy on exclusive breed/gene scrolls. Unless they were fairly common, I think they could become a point of contention quickly, especially since the raffle already has controversy about it. Were the same few people consistently win the scrolls and there were no other way to obtain them, I can see that turning people off of roundsey. (by fairly common, I do not mean bear common but potentially coliseum familiar drop common)

However, one thing I wouldn't mind would be 'sneak' previews, where scrolls are released to roundsey before they are released to the general public. This would give players incentive to sink money into raffles, while still giving players other chances to get the scrolls rather than relying on RNG and the players who win them.
Personally I am hoping that the next breed doesn't come with an egg, but rather just breed change scrolls.

I really don't want all future breeds to have specific eggs for them, for one because that would make calls for the existing breeds to have their own eggs even more prominant, but also because I like diversity, and if this DIDN'T have an egg, it would help both the egg markets as well as the breed change market it self. (as the only way to get gen1s would be to buy a scroll and apply it, and not just buy an egg)

That said, I am iffy on exclusive breed/gene scrolls. Unless they were fairly common, I think they could become a point of contention quickly, especially since the raffle already has controversy about it. Were the same few people consistently win the scrolls and there were no other way to obtain them, I can see that turning people off of roundsey. (by fairly common, I do not mean bear common but potentially coliseum familiar drop common)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
1 2