Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Various eye vials - 90% problem fixes
1 2 ... 57 58 59 60 61 ... 111 112
...I never voiced my support here? Huh. Oh well, I'm doing it now. Support!

...Mostly because the latest eye type reminded me of how much I hated how the initial eye type release was executed. Seriously, I only used the (now retired) Scattersight vials on one dragon trying to roll Rare (not a rare eye type like Primal, but the actual tint Rare) and wound up only rolling Unusual. Seven vials, all of them the same eye type... and not even the most common result. They're not fair at all.

Not to mention I'd love to get nice eye types on my progens and my birthday ID dragon, but I can't do that without any vials. I can't exactly re-breed those dragons, either!

I'd settle for at least vials that changed the eyes to one of the tinted outcomes, but I also love the other ideas in the main post relating to the special eye types.

(...Also, how in the heck is Dark Sclera "unnatural"... but Faceted isn't? Or Multi-Gaze? Primal I get since it's a visible surge of power... but the other two? What?)
...I never voiced my support here? Huh. Oh well, I'm doing it now. Support!

...Mostly because the latest eye type reminded me of how much I hated how the initial eye type release was executed. Seriously, I only used the (now retired) Scattersight vials on one dragon trying to roll Rare (not a rare eye type like Primal, but the actual tint Rare) and wound up only rolling Unusual. Seven vials, all of them the same eye type... and not even the most common result. They're not fair at all.

Not to mention I'd love to get nice eye types on my progens and my birthday ID dragon, but I can't do that without any vials. I can't exactly re-breed those dragons, either!

I'd settle for at least vials that changed the eyes to one of the tinted outcomes, but I also love the other ideas in the main post relating to the special eye types.

(...Also, how in the heck is Dark Sclera "unnatural"... but Faceted isn't? Or Multi-Gaze? Primal I get since it's a visible surge of power... but the other two? What?)
jzvbXGV.pngsignatureletsmakesomescience_by_starryspelunker-da15fz6.pngeqUNHue.png
Facet you could maybe argue is natural for faes--but that's situational. All other dragons, nope.

And Multi...yeah...that really ought to be a Baldwin mutation vial.
Facet you could maybe argue is natural for faes--but that's situational. All other dragons, nope.

And Multi...yeah...that really ought to be a Baldwin mutation vial.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Dear Staff,

When we said we wanted an eye vial in Baldwin, we meant one of the existing types like Multi. We weren't really referring to new eye types.

Thank you.
Dear Staff,

When we said we wanted an eye vial in Baldwin, we meant one of the existing types like Multi. We weren't really referring to new eye types.

Thank you.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
[quote name="Ridara" date="2018-10-04 07:14:26" ] If they were sweeping this under the rug, they'd be releasing new eyes until the portion of the playerbase that gets hyped over anything new drowns out the portion that is concerned about gameplay. It's not an uncommon tactic. (Though it doesn't always work.) I am quite hopeful that the staff's silence is because they're looking into ways of fixing this and they want to avoid making promises in the meantime. TLDR Radio silence is probably better than just releasing new eyes willy-nilly[/quote] *vacant, hopeless smile* I was wrong....
Ridara wrote on 2018-10-04 07:14:26:
If they were sweeping this under the rug, they'd be releasing new eyes until the portion of the playerbase that gets hyped over anything new drowns out the portion that is concerned about gameplay. It's not an uncommon tactic. (Though it doesn't always work.) I am quite hopeful that the staff's silence is because they're looking into ways of fixing this and they want to avoid making promises in the meantime.

TLDR Radio silence is probably better than just releasing new eyes willy-nilly

*vacant, hopeless smile* I was wrong....
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
*shrug* I'm the type not to give up. I'm going to keep politely requesting this change until we get it.
*shrug* I'm the type not to give up. I'm going to keep politely requesting this change until we get it.
Pings are disabled.

At least the new eye isn't breed-only or a limited time thing. I'll give the staff credit where credit is due, but that's about it. Even on the new update there's still radio silence. As a member of FR, I still want this suggestion implemented somehow--I don't care if it's some 100,000 gem store item or extremely rare coli drop, I don't care if maybe it's even a cycling item, maybe during festivals or NotN.
I just want a way to put the already-released eyes on my dragon. Scattersights will not exist forever unless the staff changes their mind about it's retirement, so it's not viable.
At least the new eye isn't breed-only or a limited time thing. I'll give the staff credit where credit is due, but that's about it. Even on the new update there's still radio silence. As a member of FR, I still want this suggestion implemented somehow--I don't care if it's some 100,000 gem store item or extremely rare coli drop, I don't care if maybe it's even a cycling item, maybe during festivals or NotN.
I just want a way to put the already-released eyes on my dragon. Scattersights will not exist forever unless the staff changes their mind about it's retirement, so it's not viable.
2cf6qah.png IEUZTmy.png
up up
up up
DVcXRyP.png
If they can release new eye types (along with new apparel and genes nearly every week), surely they can roll out a nice compromise for the Scattersight problem and the Common change as well, right?

I get that the team is spread a bit thin at the moment, but releasing individual eye vials and Legacy vials would solve 95% of the problems that people have with the eye update! It would also keep the Scattersights retired, if they’re really dead-set on that.

I know that “standardized” Common eyes and breeding-only eye types are apparently part of some greater “vision” for the site, but unfortunately, their vision and the wishes of the general userbase don’t really line up. :( And since you can’t force a reality where everyone loves your ideas, sometimes your ideas need to be changed a little bit. Introducing eye vials to give users back the control we always had and enjoyed, and adding Legacy vials to restore dragons bred/gened/purchased for a certain look, would be a wonderful compromise.

The art for the old eyes, and for Primal/Multi/etc., already exists. The base coding for specific vials already exists. We’d need new item icons, and the items would need to be added into the site somewhere, but they’re overall a pretty low-strain addition that would make a lot of people very happy.
If they can release new eye types (along with new apparel and genes nearly every week), surely they can roll out a nice compromise for the Scattersight problem and the Common change as well, right?

I get that the team is spread a bit thin at the moment, but releasing individual eye vials and Legacy vials would solve 95% of the problems that people have with the eye update! It would also keep the Scattersights retired, if they’re really dead-set on that.

I know that “standardized” Common eyes and breeding-only eye types are apparently part of some greater “vision” for the site, but unfortunately, their vision and the wishes of the general userbase don’t really line up. :( And since you can’t force a reality where everyone loves your ideas, sometimes your ideas need to be changed a little bit. Introducing eye vials to give users back the control we always had and enjoyed, and adding Legacy vials to restore dragons bred/gened/purchased for a certain look, would be a wonderful compromise.

The art for the old eyes, and for Primal/Multi/etc., already exists. The base coding for specific vials already exists. We’d need new item icons, and the items would need to be added into the site somewhere, but they’re overall a pretty low-strain addition that would make a lot of people very happy.
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
If you want it to largely be determined by breeding, make the vials rare or expensive. It is honestly not that hard when you can't guarantee that you'll get more of something through breeding.
If you want it to largely be determined by breeding, make the vials rare or expensive. It is honestly not that hard when you can't guarantee that you'll get more of something through breeding.
cPW6H3E.png
Support. At least we need gate to get scroll for facet/primal or multi-gaze.
Support. At least we need gate to get scroll for facet/primal or multi-gaze.
WHERE HER DREAMS END >
Unite we stand, divide we fall
| WD/WHDE | ~Plague~ | Any Pronounce | FRT+17(GMT+9) |

| ART SHOP | ACCENT SHOP | HATCHERY | feel free to ping!. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
8c05f7199b7e3138b1bd09794101984bae36928e.png
1 2 ... 57 58 59 60 61 ... 111 112