Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Various eye vials - 90% problem fixes
1 2 ... 55 56 57 58 59 ... 111 112
[quote name="gemajgall" date="2018-10-15 08:10:56" ] [quote]“Standardized eyes make it easier to tell tints apart”[/quote] Let's play guess that element! [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/30422/3042176_350.png[/img] Wind or Light? [...] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/122037/12203682_350.png[/img] Does it even have eyes? With more options, types in various flights will eventually resemble each other. The new update does not make flight element more distinct. [/quote] One of my personal favorites: Which one is Wind Common, and which is Wind Unusual? [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=2&element=3&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=64&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=115fc82c72267ca7080d60888695917391391665&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=2&element=3&eyetype=2&gender=0&tert=64&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=920b701e4eb1b631a63e6ed8dd828c6ad213e730&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] These two eye types are virtually [b]identical[/b] on breeds without visible sclera. Saying “We need standardized eyes to make the tints distinct from the defaults!” is a wishy-washy reason to change the default eyes, and a wishy-washy reason to not allow us to use the old eye art. :( Bonus: Earth Uncommon vs. Light Rare vs. Earth Common: [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=8&element=1&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=64&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=30398c00667879e4f9afd67148a04eaca329f54c&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=8&element=8&eyetype=3&gender=0&tert=64&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=949f70752ddec88f51d77e77450b582e19da5677&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=8&element=1&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=64&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=594205eca93e710be52518f1ecf2a08496b148d6&dummyext=prev.png[/img] - Shadow Common vs. Shadow Rare vs. Earth Rare vs. Water Rare vs. Plague Unusual: [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=13&element=7&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=64&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=919e0db26eaac5b783241340044f9802261c5cf3&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=13&element=7&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=64&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=0d3e96b9aee22f476effec87157676ece5a440ce&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=13&element=1&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=64&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=d8a9c925ea050a4440ce418b776df806cfc47456&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=13&element=4&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=64&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=72aeb4ed977900af1b21a30d566e576acda737bd&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=13&element=2&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=64&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=e963c633c6a761861fdbbb56caa5f55c6863161f&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [/center] When tints can be hard to distinguish anyway, particularly on smaller-eyed breeds, there was literally no reason to alter the lineart, shading, highlights, and colours of the default eyes for “standardization”. Plus, [b]not one of the new tints[/b] looks like the original eye art or colour, so there was already a visible difference between the new tints and the original eyes! The change was completely unnecessary! I know that new templates had to be drawn for the new tints, and that’s okay, but could we at least have some way to get the old art back? ;;
gemajgall wrote on 2018-10-15 08:10:56:
Quote:
“Standardized eyes make it easier to tell tints apart”

Let's play guess that element!
3042176_350.png
Wind or Light?

[...]

12203682_350.png
Does it even have eyes?

With more options, types in various flights will eventually resemble each other. The new update does not make flight element more distinct.

One of my personal favorites:
Which one is Wind Common, and which is Wind Unusual?
dragon?age=0&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=2&element=3&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=64&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=115fc82c72267ca7080d60888695917391391665&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=0&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=2&element=3&eyetype=2&gender=0&tert=64&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=920b701e4eb1b631a63e6ed8dd828c6ad213e730&dummyext=prev.png
These two eye types are virtually identical on breeds without visible sclera. Saying “We need standardized eyes to make the tints distinct from the defaults!” is a wishy-washy reason to change the default eyes, and a wishy-washy reason to not allow us to use the old eye art. :(

Bonus: Earth Uncommon vs. Light Rare vs. Earth Common:
dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=8&element=1&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=64&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=30398c00667879e4f9afd67148a04eaca329f54c&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=8&element=8&eyetype=3&gender=0&tert=64&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=949f70752ddec88f51d77e77450b582e19da5677&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=8&element=1&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=64&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=594205eca93e710be52518f1ecf2a08496b148d6&dummyext=prev.png

-

Shadow Common vs. Shadow Rare vs. Earth Rare vs. Water Rare vs. Plague Unusual:
dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=13&element=7&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=64&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=919e0db26eaac5b783241340044f9802261c5cf3&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=13&element=7&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=64&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=0d3e96b9aee22f476effec87157676ece5a440ce&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=13&element=1&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=64&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=d8a9c925ea050a4440ce418b776df806cfc47456&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=13&element=4&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=64&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=72aeb4ed977900af1b21a30d566e576acda737bd&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=13&element=2&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=64&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=2&auth=e963c633c6a761861fdbbb56caa5f55c6863161f&dummyext=prev.png

When tints can be hard to distinguish anyway, particularly on smaller-eyed breeds, there was literally no reason to alter the lineart, shading, highlights, and colours of the default eyes for “standardization”. Plus, not one of the new tints looks like the original eye art or colour, so there was already a visible difference between the new tints and the original eyes! The change was completely unnecessary! I know that new templates had to be drawn for the new tints, and that’s okay, but could we at least have some way to get the old art back? ;;
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
[img]https://i.imgur.com/O4XN2Bc.gif[/img] 110% support! I recently returned after a years hiatus, so I missed when the scatter sight vial was available, thus, I have no way of changing the eyes of the perma dragons I have in my lair and especially do not plan to breed for again - especially my flight reps! - and I don't want to spend an increasing price just for the chance of something cool/pretty. Having it as a flat price in either treasure or gem marketplace would be absolutely fine for me, but with the low chances of anything cool, I don't really want to do it. It would also work as a really great treasure/gem sink!
O4XN2Bc.gif

110% support!
I recently returned after a years hiatus, so I missed when the scatter sight vial was available, thus, I have no way of changing the eyes of the perma dragons I have in my lair and especially do not plan to breed for again - especially my flight reps! - and I don't want to spend an increasing price just for the chance of something cool/pretty.
Having it as a flat price in either treasure or gem marketplace would be absolutely fine for me, but with the low chances of anything cool, I don't really want to do it.
It would also work as a really great treasure/gem sink!
g8j0L9a.png My Timezone: FR+9
Accent Shop
1qSQ4Z1.gif | | Giving up on life and choosing death...is nothing but a blasphemy toward life. It is a violation of the natural order! | |
I support this, i was telling my friends about coli for primal and brewing for multi gaze. I had suggested gem for faceted but swipp makes more sense to me espically with the familiar there!! I hope the admins read this... Also i love your edits to the eye thing, it's stunning!!
I support this, i was telling my friends about coli for primal and brewing for multi gaze. I had suggested gem for faceted but swipp makes more sense to me espically with the familiar there!! I hope the admins read this... Also i love your edits to the eye thing, it's stunning!!
Mb6MMMc.png
@aushi AAA thank you so much! And thank you for supporting this, every opinion matters ♥
@aushi AAA thank you so much! And thank you for supporting this, every opinion matters ♥
1163.pnglPHbqY1.png15295.pngdominator_magma_robot_by_defunctbattery-db7x12o.gifznkYagL.png
@deadbattery no problem, i am a bit jealous of your art skills. I myself made item icons for the eye types of every element from common-rare and primal, faceted, multi and glowing to show off in the bios. But yours looks so much better and more to the fr style
@deadbattery no problem, i am a bit jealous of your art skills. I myself made item icons for the eye types of every element from common-rare and primal, faceted, multi and glowing to show off in the bios. But yours looks so much better and more to the fr style
Mb6MMMc.png
@aushi OH! no no these are just edits, I didn't draw any of it, I just edited the images a bit. It still works tho. I can only wish for artistic skills like those :^T
@aushi OH! no no these are just edits, I didn't draw any of it, I just edited the images a bit. It still works tho. I can only wish for artistic skills like those :^T
1163.pnglPHbqY1.png15295.pngdominator_magma_robot_by_defunctbattery-db7x12o.gifznkYagL.png
[quote name="@Sokkratees" date="2018-10-17 23:20:33" ] No support, random chance is always more fair than grinding and buying. The staff specifically created the eyes to be random and breed only to make it fair for everyone regardless, and also because it fits the lore. Older dragons being specifically “mutated” as a result of a scroll doesn’t fit much if at all with the lore [/quote] None of this, to me, makes any sense. I don't understand how "random chance is always more fair than grinding and buying." For one thing, there was a chance to grind and buy which is now denied to every player who wasn't here for that unannounced three-day window. [i]That[/i] isn't fair. It would be fair if everyone could grind and buy. How is grinding and buying somehow less fair? Unfairness is giving one player an advantage that another doesn't have. Everyone has the same opportunity to buy and grind. Sure, some people [i]don't[/i] grind, just like some people also don't breed their dragons. It's just as unfair to determine equality of opportunity by those who make a choice to accept that opportunity or not. It's the staff's job to give us opportunity. It's ours to decide whether or not to take it. Whether some will or will not doesn't determine fairness. In the same way it'd be unfair for the staff to remove player-made skins just because some people haven't put any time into making nice visual art. Everyone has the opportunity to do so (that is, the templates and whatnot are available for everyone to use, not just a few select users), but not everyone will use it. That's not the staff's fault. And then the "it fits the lore." "It fits the lore"? You understand that [i]lore[/i] is not set in stone, right? You mean to say that lore somehow [i]is[/i], not that it's written at the whim of game mechanics? Lore should never precede mechanics. There are excellent stories out there that would make terrible games. Some games with great combat and leveling systems have great stories that don't even mention those mechanics, because mechanics and lore are not meant to feed off of each other. If that's a requirement, you run the risk of having an interesting story, but really crappy game mechanics, such as in this instance. And if "but [i]lore[/i]!" is the only complaint, then that's, honestly, a failure of imagination on the staff's part. I've seen dozens of really great additional lore to include older dragons in this mechanic. Lore is great because it can literally be anything you can imagine. And if you can't imagine, then that's another issue. People do like the lore, but they come for the game. If the game is boring or frustrating, they'll find another game no matter how good the lore is. If lore is [i]that[/i] important, the game developers should have written a book.
@Sokkratees wrote on 2018-10-17 23:20:33:
No support, random chance is always more fair than grinding and buying. The staff specifically created the eyes to be random and breed only to make it fair for everyone regardless, and also because it fits the lore. Older dragons being specifically “mutated” as a result of a scroll doesn’t fit much if at all with the lore
None of this, to me, makes any sense.

I don't understand how "random chance is always more fair than grinding and buying." For one thing, there was a chance to grind and buy which is now denied to every player who wasn't here for that unannounced three-day window. That isn't fair. It would be fair if everyone could grind and buy.

How is grinding and buying somehow less fair? Unfairness is giving one player an advantage that another doesn't have. Everyone has the same opportunity to buy and grind. Sure, some people don't grind, just like some people also don't breed their dragons. It's just as unfair to determine equality of opportunity by those who make a choice to accept that opportunity or not. It's the staff's job to give us opportunity. It's ours to decide whether or not to take it. Whether some will or will not doesn't determine fairness.

In the same way it'd be unfair for the staff to remove player-made skins just because some people haven't put any time into making nice visual art. Everyone has the opportunity to do so (that is, the templates and whatnot are available for everyone to use, not just a few select users), but not everyone will use it. That's not the staff's fault.

And then the "it fits the lore."
"It fits the lore"?
You understand that lore is not set in stone, right? You mean to say that lore somehow is, not that it's written at the whim of game mechanics? Lore should never precede mechanics. There are excellent stories out there that would make terrible games. Some games with great combat and leveling systems have great stories that don't even mention those mechanics, because mechanics and lore are not meant to feed off of each other. If that's a requirement, you run the risk of having an interesting story, but really crappy game mechanics, such as in this instance.

And if "but lore!" is the only complaint, then that's, honestly, a failure of imagination on the staff's part. I've seen dozens of really great additional lore to include older dragons in this mechanic. Lore is great because it can literally be anything you can imagine. And if you can't imagine, then that's another issue.

People do like the lore, but they come for the game. If the game is boring or frustrating, they'll find another game no matter how good the lore is. If lore is that important, the game developers should have written a book.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
And the lore doesn't have that much of a bearing on the game, anyways. You can breed pearlcatchers and imps even though they are mortal enemies. You can have multi flight and multi breed lairs, even though certain breeds like Fae do not like cohabitating with other dragons. Lore isn't a good justification for a game mechanic, as it has never had an impact on game mechanics before.
And the lore doesn't have that much of a bearing on the game, anyways. You can breed pearlcatchers and imps even though they are mortal enemies. You can have multi flight and multi breed lairs, even though certain breeds like Fae do not like cohabitating with other dragons. Lore isn't a good justification for a game mechanic, as it has never had an impact on game mechanics before.
jCVhFoZ.gif
[quote name="Sokkratees" date="2018-10-17 23:20:33" ] No support, random chance is always more fair than grinding and buying.[/quote] I understand everyone has their own opinion and I respect that. However, this is factually incorrect. Why? Because just as Almedha pointed out, some people don't breed dragons, like me. So going by Sokkratees' logic, it is incredibly unfair to me that I can't get any special eyes because I don't breed :^) And that is also not correct. I have the choice to breed, just like everyone else has, [b][i]that's[/i][/b] what fairness is all about. If all people could grind in the Coli to get a Primal scroll, that would be fair. Some people don't want to grind and they consider it unfair because they're not hardcore players? That has nothing to do with fairness. Every single person has it available and they are the ones who choose to participate in a game's feature or not. Having eyes only available to those people who breed or mass hatch eggs, now [b]that's[/b] unfair, and also bad game design just because of "lore" which could easily be changed. That's like releasing a breed or apparel that can only be applied to G1s so only G1 collectors can enjoy the feature. If we're talking about fairness, let's at least be factually correct.
Sokkratees wrote on 2018-10-17 23:20:33:
No support, random chance is always more fair than grinding and buying.

I understand everyone has their own opinion and I respect that. However, this is factually incorrect. Why? Because just as Almedha pointed out, some people don't breed dragons, like me. So going by Sokkratees' logic, it is incredibly unfair to me that I can't get any special eyes because I don't breed :^)

And that is also not correct. I have the choice to breed, just like everyone else has, that's what fairness is all about. If all people could grind in the Coli to get a Primal scroll, that would be fair. Some people don't want to grind and they consider it unfair because they're not hardcore players? That has nothing to do with fairness. Every single person has it available and they are the ones who choose to participate in a game's feature or not.

Having eyes only available to those people who breed or mass hatch eggs, now that's unfair, and also bad game design just because of "lore" which could easily be changed. That's like releasing a breed or apparel that can only be applied to G1s so only G1 collectors can enjoy the feature.

If we're talking about fairness, let's at least be factually correct.
In addition, the RNG is never fair.

Someone could get lucky and role primal on the first time. Someone else could go through 500+ vials and never get primal once.

That's not fair.

People putting in the same effort to brew Multi from Baldwin is fair. Baldwin needs X level, Y ingredients, and Z brew time. That will be the same for everyone, and in the end, everyone who uses the multi vial will get exactly what they want on their dragons.

That's fair.
In addition, the RNG is never fair.

Someone could get lucky and role primal on the first time. Someone else could go through 500+ vials and never get primal once.

That's not fair.

People putting in the same effort to brew Multi from Baldwin is fair. Baldwin needs X level, Y ingredients, and Z brew time. That will be the same for everyone, and in the end, everyone who uses the multi vial will get exactly what they want on their dragons.

That's fair.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
1 2 ... 55 56 57 58 59 ... 111 112