Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Gems to Gold transmute system
1 2 3 4 5
Absolutely no support for a FR staff set gem/treasure ratio. [quote name="heirdragonair" date="2018-02-16 14:27:30" ] i mean, it makes sense, especially when gems are basically used for nothing besides buying skins. people mass hoard them and then have like no gold because everything u buy for gold [/quote]People use gems to buy dragons, accents, skins, artwork, genes, apparel and familiars as well.
Absolutely no support for a FR staff set gem/treasure ratio.
heirdragonair wrote on 2018-02-16 14:27:30:
i mean, it makes sense, especially when gems are basically used for nothing besides buying skins. people mass hoard them and then have like no gold because everything u buy for gold
People use gems to buy dragons, accents, skins, artwork, genes, apparel and familiars as well.

ZQGfAQY.png
[quote name="heirdragonair" date="2018-02-16 14:23:09" ] [quote name="Lonin" date="2018-02-16 14:10:30" ] We don't support a site run exchange, nor a fixed ratio. Gem value goes up and down with demand. In 2013 when treasure was hard to earn gems used to sell for 50 treasure each. Why should 1:1000 be the fixed rate just because it's roughly the current one? You can easily trade your currency in the items for sale forum. If you need to convert right this second you can do that with an extra fee (either sell gems cheaper or buy them for more), much like you want anyway. You'll always find someone willing to snap up a bargain. It'd be nice to be able to trade gems with other users through the AH though :D [/quote] but why do u [b]only[/b] support trading? especially when this is a staple in these types of games, and you have nothing but people ripping each other off in the sales forums, and the mess of prices that is the auction house [/quote] This bit: [quote] Gem value goes up and down with demand. In 2013 when treasure was hard to earn gems used to sell for 50 treasure each. Why should 1:1000 be the fixed rate just because it's roughly the current one?[/quote] Forum prices would be a better deal than your ratio, at the moment it's around 1:850. Gem prices are user decided based on demand. When a cool gem thing comes out rates go up, when a cool treasure thing comes out rates go down. A fixed ratio would mess with the economy.
heirdragonair wrote on 2018-02-16 14:23:09:
Lonin wrote on 2018-02-16 14:10:30:
We don't support a site run exchange, nor a fixed ratio. Gem value goes up and down with demand. In 2013 when treasure was hard to earn gems used to sell for 50 treasure each. Why should 1:1000 be the fixed rate just because it's roughly the current one?

You can easily trade your currency in the items for sale forum. If you need to convert right this second you can do that with an extra fee (either sell gems cheaper or buy them for more), much like you want anyway. You'll always find someone willing to snap up a bargain.

It'd be nice to be able to trade gems with other users through the AH though :D

but why do u only support trading? especially when this is a staple in these types of games, and you have nothing but people ripping each other off in the sales forums, and the mess of prices that is the auction house
This bit:
Quote:
Gem value goes up and down with demand. In 2013 when treasure was hard to earn gems used to sell for 50 treasure each. Why should 1:1000 be the fixed rate just because it's roughly the current one?

Forum prices would be a better deal than your ratio, at the moment it's around 1:850.

Gem prices are user decided based on demand. When a cool gem thing comes out rates go up, when a cool treasure thing comes out rates go down. A fixed ratio would mess with the economy.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
i think u people dont seem to understand that im a human with a life outside of this game, and just want a quick way to get gold for my gems, instead of putting aside hours of my day to train fodder for money. im an adult with stuff to do, and soon ill have even more stuff to do per day. i just want something quick and easy.
i think u people dont seem to understand that im a human with a life outside of this game, and just want a quick way to get gold for my gems, instead of putting aside hours of my day to train fodder for money. im an adult with stuff to do, and soon ill have even more stuff to do per day. i just want something quick and easy.
the solution given (flipping dragons) was quick and easy, and usually selling gems on the forum isn't that difficult during peak hours? you don't need to train fodder to get money, just re-list them on the AH for cash, or set up a forum thread.

plus, people have supported the idea of being able to sell gems or treasure on the AH as an extra tab, which would be just as fast. people just don't want an admin-based method because the ratio rises and falls with user demand, keeping it healthier than having an admin try to fiddle it every few months.
the solution given (flipping dragons) was quick and easy, and usually selling gems on the forum isn't that difficult during peak hours? you don't need to train fodder to get money, just re-list them on the AH for cash, or set up a forum thread.

plus, people have supported the idea of being able to sell gems or treasure on the AH as an extra tab, which would be just as fast. people just don't want an admin-based method because the ratio rises and falls with user demand, keeping it healthier than having an admin try to fiddle it every few months.
NY105Sx.gif
[quote]i think u people dont seem to understand that im a human with a life outside of this game, and just want a quick way to get gold for my gems, instead of putting aside hours of my day to train fodder for money. im an adult with stuff to do, and soon ill have even more stuff to do per day. i just want something quick and easy.[/quote] We're also humans with lives outside of the game - there are parents, grandparents on this site. I don't think any of us here is a bot. So, the argument of "I have a life outside the game" is a little condescending, and I do hope you apologize for it. If you don't have time to train fodder, then, buy eggs with gems, and resell them for treasure via the auction house.
Quote:

We're also humans with lives outside of the game - there are parents, grandparents on this site. I don't think any of us here is a bot. So, the argument of "I have a life outside the game" is a little condescending, and I do hope you apologize for it.

If you don't have time to train fodder, then, buy eggs with gems, and resell them for treasure via the auction house.
i get that a lot of u guys have a "well it aint broke so lets not fix it!" mentality towards even adding a currency tab on the auction house, but seriously. i just want something Easy that i dont have to go through a long process to get currency for a browser sim game
i get that a lot of u guys have a "well it aint broke so lets not fix it!" mentality towards even adding a currency tab on the auction house, but seriously. i just want something Easy that i dont have to go through a long process to get currency for a browser sim game
[quote name="heirdragonair" date="2018-02-16 14:48:45" ] i get that a lot of u guys have a "well it aint broke so lets not fix it!" mentality [/quote]What's actually occuring is that people that have been on Flight Rising long enough to see the economy change are letting you know that your suggestion WOULD break things.
heirdragonair wrote on 2018-02-16 14:48:45:
i get that a lot of u guys have a "well it aint broke so lets not fix it!" mentality
What's actually occuring is that people that have been on Flight Rising long enough to see the economy change are letting you know that your suggestion WOULD break things.
ZQGfAQY.png
The staff have already said they do not want a set conversion rate.

No support.
The staff have already said they do not want a set conversion rate.

No support.
giphy.gifmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
As a busy adult with much going on in my life, I can understand wanting things easy. Easy is pretty great however one must balance the cost of Easy and game economy in this case. This would break the current Economy. That is why it is not gaining as much support as you would like. Currently everything is player run. Gems (which aren't always amazingly easy to come by, especially for casual users.) can be bought with real money. It's not uncommon for people to buy gems then sell them in the forms or vice versa. This is great because it helps fund the site and keeps gems regular cycling through the site. Players that want gems but don't spend money can buy em with their loads of treasure they horad. It's a system that strongly benefits both sides, with the new CR button it's easier then ever to make gem/treasure exchanges. We used to have to do it through PM's.
So while such ideas work great for other games, FR would not benefit from it. It would hurt it. Thank you for your suggestion. It was interesting to think over.
As a busy adult with much going on in my life, I can understand wanting things easy. Easy is pretty great however one must balance the cost of Easy and game economy in this case. This would break the current Economy. That is why it is not gaining as much support as you would like. Currently everything is player run. Gems (which aren't always amazingly easy to come by, especially for casual users.) can be bought with real money. It's not uncommon for people to buy gems then sell them in the forms or vice versa. This is great because it helps fund the site and keeps gems regular cycling through the site. Players that want gems but don't spend money can buy em with their loads of treasure they horad. It's a system that strongly benefits both sides, with the new CR button it's easier then ever to make gem/treasure exchanges. We used to have to do it through PM's.
So while such ideas work great for other games, FR would not benefit from it. It would hurt it. Thank you for your suggestion. It was interesting to think over.
pink_by_mintinol-dbs9d5o.pngrainbow_by_mintinol-dbs9d5j.pngbadge1_by_mintinol-dbs9d15.png
[quote name="heirdragonair" date="2018-02-16 14:48:45" ] i get that a lot of u guys have a "well it aint broke so lets not fix it!" mentality towards even adding a currency tab on the auction house [/quote] I don't think anyone is opposed to a currency tab in the auction house, or even for the ability to put an item for treasure AND for gems, but we're also aware that it won't happen overnight, so there is no harm in offering you alternate suggestions in the meantime
heirdragonair wrote on 2018-02-16 14:48:45:
i get that a lot of u guys have a "well it aint broke so lets not fix it!" mentality towards even adding a currency tab on the auction house

I don't think anyone is opposed to a currency tab in the auction house, or even for the ability to put an item for treasure AND for gems, but we're also aware that it won't happen overnight, so there is no harm in offering you alternate suggestions in the meantime
1 2 3 4 5