Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | New Forums Additions
1 2 3 4 5
I hate how weird and floaty the "quick reply" stuff is. Put it back in a box. The site layout is a bunch of containers and shapes, I don't think there's anything on the site that's just kinda loose like that. I think the news posts on the front page are the least "contained" things on the site, but even those fit tightly within the borders of their column, and are framed by horizontal lines. It just looks awkward.

Additionally:
Why is the quote button that awkward weird shade of blue? It doesn't match anything, and doesn't look like it belongs. Make it red or cream or something, maybe?

Okay, one more thought:
A lot of people are complaining about the friend request button, and copy+pasting usernames to ping has always been sort of a nuisance. So what if: replace the friend request button with a ping button. Actually add to forum functionality a bit.
I hate how weird and floaty the "quick reply" stuff is. Put it back in a box. The site layout is a bunch of containers and shapes, I don't think there's anything on the site that's just kinda loose like that. I think the news posts on the front page are the least "contained" things on the site, but even those fit tightly within the borders of their column, and are framed by horizontal lines. It just looks awkward.

Additionally:
Why is the quote button that awkward weird shade of blue? It doesn't match anything, and doesn't look like it belongs. Make it red or cream or something, maybe?

Okay, one more thought:
A lot of people are complaining about the friend request button, and copy+pasting usernames to ping has always been sort of a nuisance. So what if: replace the friend request button with a ping button. Actually add to forum functionality a bit.
event-sig-small-4.png
The post header needs a non-transparent solid color to allow one to differentiate posts when skimming. It also makes it feel less empty while retaining a bit of the old forum feel.

The avatar by the quick reply looks awkward floating out there with nothing around it, but I hardly look at it anyway. Posts, on the other hand, I do.
The post header needs a non-transparent solid color to allow one to differentiate posts when skimming. It also makes it feel less empty while retaining a bit of the old forum feel.

The avatar by the quick reply looks awkward floating out there with nothing around it, but I hardly look at it anyway. Posts, on the other hand, I do.
[s]I was going to make another post about this but who needs more suggestions topics am I right? [/s] EDIT: I've created a unique thread about this [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2378091/1]here[/url], since it's become more of a decoration than a fix [quote=Original Post]Another way to deal with the header issue is to extend the vista. Here's a quick mockup I did for the Lovebirds vista: [img]https://imgur.com/2ijDHcG.png[/img] (There is a fade behind the buttons on the right, but it's difficult to see with this example, I'm afraid.) It'd be pretty and unique. I also think it'd be easy to skim through posts because users would have different headers. .[/quote]
I was going to make another post about this but who needs more suggestions topics am I right?

EDIT: I've created a unique thread about this here, since it's become more of a decoration than a fix

Original Post wrote:
Another way to deal with the header issue is to extend the vista. Here's a quick mockup I did for the Lovebirds vista:

2ijDHcG.png

(There is a fade behind the buttons on the right, but it's difficult to see with this example, I'm afraid.)

It'd be pretty and unique. I also think it'd be easy to skim through posts because users would have different headers. .
60787410.png 57806280.png
I'd really just be soooooo mucchchhh happier if there was a teeny eeny little bit darker borders around posts.

It doesn't even need to be black. Maybe just a darker red or darker grey
I'd really just be soooooo mucchchhh happier if there was a teeny eeny little bit darker borders around posts.

It doesn't even need to be black. Maybe just a darker red or darker grey
25781.png xxxFramexxx
xMarley
They/he/she
Wishlist
x NXDDrCY.gif
[quote]Another way to deal with the header issue is to extend the vista. Here's a quick mockup I did for the Lovebirds vista:[/quote] Cuuuute I love it. I also agree about skimming through posts with users having different headers. Sometimes on mobile I have to zoom in to read, and I have to cut off the vista. So at least being able to distinguish between different users like that would be incredibly helpful.
Quote:
Another way to deal with the header issue is to extend the vista. Here's a quick mockup I did for the Lovebirds vista:
Cuuuute I love it. I also agree about skimming through posts with users having different headers. Sometimes on mobile I have to zoom in to read, and I have to cut off the vista. So at least being able to distinguish between different users like that would be incredibly helpful.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
[quote name="Firra" date="2018-02-13 13:55:32" ] I was going to make another post about this but who needs more suggestions topics am I right? Another way to deal with the header issue is to extend the vista. Here's a quick mockup I did for the Lovebirds vista: [img]https://imgur.com/2ijDHcG.png[/img] (There is a fade behind the buttons on the right, but it's difficult to see with this example, I'm afraid.) It'd be pretty and unique. I also think it'd be easy to skim through posts because users would have different headers. [/quote] Yeah, I just saw this new layout they made, something like the old header but maybe not as dark or a vista extension looks good
Firra wrote on 2018-02-13 13:55:32:
I was going to make another post about this but who needs more suggestions topics am I right?

2ijDHcG.png

(There is a fade behind the buttons on the right, but it's difficult to see with this example, I'm afraid.)

It'd be pretty and unique. I also think it'd be easy to skim through posts because users would have different headers.
Yeah, I just saw this new layout they made, something like the old header but maybe not as dark or a vista extension looks good
firevs1.png ui5ZgY1.png Avatar Dragon
ui5ZgY1.png Hatchery
ui5ZgY1.png FR +9
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
tumblr_inline_ncg01p8Uun1sl5pky.gif
OPufmRL.png
"Our home should be turned inside-out, and lava should churn violently across its surface.
Through me, it could rival the Sun itself in brightness and energy,"

spoke the Flamecaller.
tumblr_inline_nbaduayNyo1qg78ij.png
Guys! They fixed the header! A huge thank-you to FR staff for adding a header to the posts!
Guys! They fixed the header! A huge thank-you to FR staff for adding a header to the posts!
6Fwt9Qr.gifXXX

xxx
xxx

iuEBSJ3.png3YAN1tx.pngQRVupBA.png
yG0Lt9s.pngoK2VVlE.pngfT0qwQ5.png
xbsbPqT.pngbYt72YT.pngjQub7yI.png

Were you expecting a modicum of rust?
xxx
xxx
[quote name="Amyatzu" date="2018-02-13 16:14:46" ] Guys! They fixed the header! A huge thank-you to FR staff for adding a header to the posts! [/quote] Yes, looks better now. But the header is still just white/transparent and while it fixed the aesthetic it did NOTHING for readability!
Amyatzu wrote on 2018-02-13 16:14:46:

Yes, looks better now. But the header is still just white/transparent and while it fixed the aesthetic it did NOTHING for readability!
ww_po_by_idlewildly-dcoj48d.png
Another idea, headers of our flights (probably something better looking than this) [img]https://i.imgur.com/Do3eHNf.png[/img] So we could have a few customisation options, vista, flight, maybe flat colors too
Another idea, headers of our flights (probably something better looking than this)
Do3eHNf.png
So we could have a few customisation options, vista, flight, maybe flat colors too
firevs1.png ui5ZgY1.png Avatar Dragon
ui5ZgY1.png Hatchery
ui5ZgY1.png FR +9
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
tumblr_inline_ncg01p8Uun1sl5pky.gif
OPufmRL.png
"Our home should be turned inside-out, and lava should churn violently across its surface.
Through me, it could rival the Sun itself in brightness and energy,"

spoke the Flamecaller.
tumblr_inline_nbaduayNyo1qg78ij.png
One really quick thing before I have to go to work.

Fix forum blocking. Previously, it blocked everything about the blockee's post except the avatar and name. But now I can see the forum signature of someone I blocked--someone I did not want to see anything from ever again.

Please fix blocking in the new forums too so we can't see signatures.
One really quick thing before I have to go to work.

Fix forum blocking. Previously, it blocked everything about the blockee's post except the avatar and name. But now I can see the forum signature of someone I blocked--someone I did not want to see anything from ever again.

Please fix blocking in the new forums too so we can't see signatures.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
1 2 3 4 5