Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Coli camping screen issues
1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 72 73
I will have to agree I see super well but darn the thing is tiny, they do tend to blend and sometimes I just wish I could shut that option off like when I am farming starter areas it<s kinda useless of a feature...Even the well zoom option is barely any good. Frankly simply having a boring solid background (please not white that kills the eyes) would help big times.
I will have to agree I see super well but darn the thing is tiny, they do tend to blend and sometimes I just wish I could shut that option off like when I am farming starter areas it<s kinda useless of a feature...Even the well zoom option is barely any good. Frankly simply having a boring solid background (please not white that kills the eyes) would help big times.
Just call me Kya
Well, that was mt whole five minutes of farming. :( Locked out again because of the blasted capcha.
Well, that was mt whole five minutes of farming. :( Locked out again because of the blasted capcha.
captchas are the reason why i dont grind in the coli. im really blind, my guys, i cant see diddly darn lol so support for fixing like, all of this
captchas are the reason why i dont grind in the coli. im really blind, my guys, i cant see diddly darn lol so support for fixing like, all of this
z0d96Tv.png peri, he/him
adult
fr time
quitting/gone
heck, my vision is mostly fine, and I STILL get screwed over by the captchas on a regular basis.

The visibility is one issue, but half the time, I swear I'm clicking on the right thing, and the captcha still goes 'nope'.

I'm not exactly sure what's up with that, but I think it either just doesn't register a click properly, or the hitboxes are actually fitted to the opaque pixels in the image... which would really, really suck, and I hope that's not what's happening. I mean, you surely put a nice, square hitbox around your tiny, pixelated dragon images. Right?

(Either that, or you really, really need to work on your choice of non-dragon images)

At least make it so that zooming in actually gives you a higher resolution - the ability to turn an unsolvable captcha into a eye-strainingly blurry unsolvable captcha is... not so good.

I'm actively dreading the next captcha every time I touch the coli, and that's not really how I want to spend my free time.

Botting cuts into your earning because it kills the economy and makes it harder to get people to buy gems to be able to afford that danged Eliminate, I get it... but you know what else cuts into your earnings? People leaving over this stuff, or simply ignoring the coliseum altogether. So please, do something.

This sucks.

Plus, I don't think I've ever seen a website take that much of a leap backwards in terms of accessibility, and that sucks, too.

(You know, when I first came across this thread, I though 'eh, no need to post, they'll probably get that fixed soon'. WELLLLLL........ anyway, rant over.)
heck, my vision is mostly fine, and I STILL get screwed over by the captchas on a regular basis.

The visibility is one issue, but half the time, I swear I'm clicking on the right thing, and the captcha still goes 'nope'.

I'm not exactly sure what's up with that, but I think it either just doesn't register a click properly, or the hitboxes are actually fitted to the opaque pixels in the image... which would really, really suck, and I hope that's not what's happening. I mean, you surely put a nice, square hitbox around your tiny, pixelated dragon images. Right?

(Either that, or you really, really need to work on your choice of non-dragon images)

At least make it so that zooming in actually gives you a higher resolution - the ability to turn an unsolvable captcha into a eye-strainingly blurry unsolvable captcha is... not so good.

I'm actively dreading the next captcha every time I touch the coli, and that's not really how I want to spend my free time.

Botting cuts into your earning because it kills the economy and makes it harder to get people to buy gems to be able to afford that danged Eliminate, I get it... but you know what else cuts into your earnings? People leaving over this stuff, or simply ignoring the coliseum altogether. So please, do something.

This sucks.

Plus, I don't think I've ever seen a website take that much of a leap backwards in terms of accessibility, and that sucks, too.

(You know, when I first came across this thread, I though 'eh, no need to post, they'll probably get that fixed soon'. WELLLLLL........ anyway, rant over.)
Illustration89.png
[quote name="DeepflowManah" date="2018-04-22 15:24:25" ] Considering people have been asking for better accessibility for years now (at least since I joined in 2014), I really don't understand why the dragons in the captchas seem to be deliberately picked to blend in as much as possible. I've been on and off farming the whole day and I got one captcha I was able to solve without any issues. One. [/quote] Frankly I think it is because Flight Rising really doesn't care about being accessible to those with disabilities. If they wanted the site to be better for those of us with disabilities I feel like they would have already, but they have written it off as too much work. Which sucks. I sort of wish ADA would expand to include some protections for differently abled internet users already.
DeepflowManah wrote on 2018-04-22 15:24:25:
Considering people have been asking for better accessibility for years now (at least since I joined in 2014), I really don't understand why the dragons in the captchas seem to be deliberately picked to blend in as much as possible.

I've been on and off farming the whole day and I got one captcha I was able to solve without any issues. One.
Frankly I think it is because Flight Rising really doesn't care about being accessible to those with disabilities. If they wanted the site to be better for those of us with disabilities I feel like they would have already, but they have written it off as too much work. Which sucks. I sort of wish ADA would expand to include some protections for differently abled internet users already.
4qcj.png tumblr_inline_njucf1YnRj1r7wjf7.png ~They/Them
~+3 hours FR Time
~Shameless Fan Dragon Lair
~I Love Friend Requests
~Need cheap fodder? Pre-order a nest full! 1 gem down, 3 gems per egg
tumblr_inline_njucf2ZZft1r7wjf7.png tumblr_p6un9pL5QF1utez9io3_100.png
[quote name="NuclearWaffles" date="2018-04-22 11:01:43" ] Popping back on for WaveSat and I gotta say, I'm disappointed that there's been no further update. This really isn't like a color adjustment that can be put at the bottom of the project list and forgotten about. I hate to give up on the site after all these years but I don't want to wait around hoping for change that isn't coming. This thread was created the first week of February. That's nearly three whole months since the issue was first pointed out to at least announce that a solution is in the works. At this point I feel like we have to assume nothing's going to be done. [/quote] ^^^ Same
NuclearWaffles wrote on 2018-04-22 11:01:43:
Popping back on for WaveSat and I gotta say, I'm disappointed that there's been no further update. This really isn't like a color adjustment that can be put at the bottom of the project list and forgotten about. I hate to give up on the site after all these years but I don't want to wait around hoping for change that isn't coming.

This thread was created the first week of February. That's nearly three whole months since the issue was first pointed out to at least announce that a solution is in the works. At this point I feel like we have to assume nothing's going to be done.

^^^

Same
Two more fun ones. [img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b7/gemajgall/camp%2014.png[/img] [img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b7/gemajgall/camp%2013.png[/img] I've had quite a few problem captchas with the crystalline backgrounds, so I think those are other backgrounds that need to go. That pastel-y overlay thing is pretty bad too.
Two more fun ones.

camp%2014.png
camp%2013.png

I've had quite a few problem captchas with the crystalline backgrounds, so I think those are other backgrounds that need to go. That pastel-y overlay thing is pretty bad too.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Hello again, captcha thread! I have perfectly okay vision (well I'm a bit nearsighted but) and I'm still here, still physically picking up and rotating my laptop. It's still not just an issue for people with vision problems, it's an issue for everyone.

What if we made the admins do some of them? That might help show that this is an issue... Hey admins! You wanna boop through this thread and solve some captchas? It'll be fun!
Hello again, captcha thread! I have perfectly okay vision (well I'm a bit nearsighted but) and I'm still here, still physically picking up and rotating my laptop. It's still not just an issue for people with vision problems, it's an issue for everyone.

What if we made the admins do some of them? That might help show that this is an issue... Hey admins! You wanna boop through this thread and solve some captchas? It'll be fun!
wq9PoXA.png
[img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/4cf78a81613ff2fe8166883e5e3e6a17/tumblr_p7pr51yS921w68a9qo1_500.png[/img] found this one on tumblr and I seriously can't see the dragon here
tumblr_p7pr51yS921w68a9qo1_500.png
found this one on tumblr and I seriously can't see the dragon here
Snr7ysG.png HChIF4s.png
[quote name="Mokuroh" date="2018-04-25 20:27:44" ] [img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/4cf78a81613ff2fe8166883e5e3e6a17/tumblr_p7pr51yS921w68a9qo1_500.png[/img] found this one on tumblr and I seriously can't see the dragon here [/quote] Oh heavens. I've seen terrible captchas and had to deal with terrible captchas but that took me a little bit to see what it was (A fae is hiding in the thorns in mid-sections) I was really hoping by now the captcha system would've been changed but it looks like nothing so far. I don't see why they couldn't have made it much simpler. Like do we really need flipped dragons and familiars on a flipped and inverted background? There was so many better ways to go about this. I don't see why we couldn't just have a "Click the dragon with smirch" and have like 3-4 dragons and 1 with smirch. :/ Or would that be too easy for bots to pick up on?
Mokuroh wrote on 2018-04-25 20:27:44:
tumblr_p7pr51yS921w68a9qo1_500.png
found this one on tumblr and I seriously can't see the dragon here
Oh heavens. I've seen terrible captchas and had to deal with terrible captchas but that took me a little bit to see what it was (A fae is hiding in the thorns in mid-sections)
I was really hoping by now the captcha system would've been changed but it looks like nothing so far. I don't see why they couldn't have made it much simpler. Like do we really need flipped dragons and familiars on a flipped and inverted background? There was so many better ways to go about this.
I don't see why we couldn't just have a "Click the dragon with smirch" and have like 3-4 dragons and 1 with smirch. :/
Or would that be too easy for bots to pick up on?
~*My g1s for sale*~
She/Her
Baby bat goth
Chat with me anything Undertale/Deltarune
My avatar dragon (click)
1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 72 73