Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | we need a preview function for bios
1 2
my soul briefly left my body today because i spent two hours manually coding from scratch a wishlist for a secret santa im putting on in a chat

all was going well, until i added a finishing touch, saving so i could see the results of my work, since theres no preview function and all

i notice everything below the top bit is gone, and i think
oh
maybe i
maybe i coded something wrong, yknow? it happens sometimes, its an easy fix. just go find the typo.........

oh.

oh its. its gone.

wayback machine? cant salvage it
google? didnt cache it

my hours of rigorous coding and organizing?

out
of
that
window

please dont try to counter this by saying "hey tooth you dumb head maybe you should have been using a different program to do this"

well
you see champ
i needed to preview flight rising's exclusive BBC code options to make sure i didnt make any oopsies

i shouldnt have to..................................use a different program for that

i think... we need a preview function
for bios, and for the clan profile

please

save yourselves
dont end up like me

defeated
my soul briefly left my body today because i spent two hours manually coding from scratch a wishlist for a secret santa im putting on in a chat

all was going well, until i added a finishing touch, saving so i could see the results of my work, since theres no preview function and all

i notice everything below the top bit is gone, and i think
oh
maybe i
maybe i coded something wrong, yknow? it happens sometimes, its an easy fix. just go find the typo.........

oh.

oh its. its gone.

wayback machine? cant salvage it
google? didnt cache it

my hours of rigorous coding and organizing?

out
of
that
window

please dont try to counter this by saying "hey tooth you dumb head maybe you should have been using a different program to do this"

well
you see champ
i needed to preview flight rising's exclusive BBC code options to make sure i didnt make any oopsies

i shouldnt have to..................................use a different program for that

i think... we need a preview function
for bios, and for the clan profile

please

save yourselves
dont end up like me

defeated

They/them, +0 FR time
Xd23BYL.gif
x363j0D.pngCsWpUgY.png Fandragon Wishlist
Sketches for gems
TCgSL.gif
@EarthTooth
Gets regularly suggested, has my support always if only for the number of times I see people going 'oh no I lost all my work!'

In the mean time, just like with online forms, it's a good idea to drop a copy of anything that takes a significant amount of work onto a notepad document/equivalent before saving/submitting.
@EarthTooth
Gets regularly suggested, has my support always if only for the number of times I see people going 'oh no I lost all my work!'

In the mean time, just like with online forms, it's a good idea to drop a copy of anything that takes a significant amount of work onto a notepad document/equivalent before saving/submitting.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
I support this. A few of my friends have had this same thing happen to them.
I support this. A few of my friends have had this same thing happen to them.
new_and_improved_wofr_button_m9_by_epicdragon99-dacvtqc.png
Supporting this as well. In addition to the reasons outlined by OP, having a Preview button would save a lot of time and effort in case we make mistakes in coding or are trying out a new layout and other variables. Sometimes the coding is correct but the fonts, colors, etc. aren't juuuust right, and it's so time-consuming to keep on clicking Edit, OK, Edit, OK.
Supporting this as well. In addition to the reasons outlined by OP, having a Preview button would save a lot of time and effort in case we make mistakes in coding or are trying out a new layout and other variables. Sometimes the coding is correct but the fonts, colors, etc. aren't juuuust right, and it's so time-consuming to keep on clicking Edit, OK, Edit, OK.
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
Support because dear Christ, why isn't it a thing already?

The carrots are the bane of this entire site's existence and anything to help prevent that would be very useful.
Support because dear Christ, why isn't it a thing already?

The carrots are the bane of this entire site's existence and anything to help prevent that would be very useful.
uCR5SCW.png
Support even though I will likely never use this feature.

I do all my coding off somewhere else so I don't have to deal with small boxes and hidden carriage returns. For people who do have elaborate bios this would be very helpful since BBC isn't identical across sites so what works there may not work here.
Support even though I will likely never use this feature.

I do all my coding off somewhere else so I don't have to deal with small boxes and hidden carriage returns. For people who do have elaborate bios this would be very helpful since BBC isn't identical across sites so what works there may not work here.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
Support, they have this on chicken smoothie they should have it here too xD
Support, they have this on chicken smoothie they should have it here too xD
Yes

Yes please

I lost a page of my dragon's bio and after trying to get it back, I just quit. Empty bios now.
Yes

Yes please

I lost a page of my dragon's bio and after trying to get it back, I just quit. Empty bios now.
item_used_cartography_ink_by_dogi_crimson-da9osed.gif
Kyandi
FR Time
She/Her
Art Examples!
Wishlist!
This has my absolute full support. I love to fill out my dragon's bios with lore and pretty them up with coding, even if it is simple- but there have been many times where I've had to open up a separate tab and rely on the forum post (which has a preview function) to build my bios. It'd calm the daily rage plenty of players suffer on here when building bios straight from the dragon's page.
This has my absolute full support. I love to fill out my dragon's bios with lore and pretty them up with coding, even if it is simple- but there have been many times where I've had to open up a separate tab and rely on the forum post (which has a preview function) to build my bios. It'd calm the daily rage plenty of players suffer on here when building bios straight from the dragon's page.
Avatar-left.png72117777p.pngAvatar-right.png
xxxxxxx
Crystal-divider-smallest.png
x
C R Y S T A L L O I D
enby • they/them • 3 FRT
salesavatarmusic
x
Crystal-divider-smallest-F.png
xxxxxxx
Avatar-left.png60499266p.pngAvatar-right.png
Support

This would be so nice to have! I also open an random forum post in another tab just to preview my coding, and accidentally even submitted that into some random thread once or twice ;w;
Support

This would be so nice to have! I also open an random forum post in another tab just to preview my coding, and accidentally even submitted that into some random thread once or twice ;w;
I'm +10H ahead of FR time!
Replies may be slow, so sorry ;w;
1 2