Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Rename NotN to Midwinter Masquerade
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I agree with the name change

mainly for the fact no other breed has a special holiday dedicated to them, nobody is saying that they can't be around anymore during this time but just not front and center.
I agree with the name change

mainly for the fact no other breed has a special holiday dedicated to them, nobody is saying that they can't be around anymore during this time but just not front and center.
DVcXRyP.png
Support! I've never really been bothered about the Shadow awsthetic thing but this seems like a really great idea. The name sounds really great too! Hope this gets implemented :)
Support! I've never really been bothered about the Shadow awsthetic thing but this seems like a really great idea. The name sounds really great too! Hope this gets implemented :)
If the rename comes into place it could be fun to rename the eggs
Unhatched mischief egg... and the breed who came out of it would be random of all non gem, non imp breeds :D
Unhatched mischief egg... and the breed who came out of it would be random of all non gem, non imp breeds :D
NO LONGER ACTIVE.

I LEFT FR AND GIVEN AWAY MY STUFF.
Nah, I like NotN and am perfectly happy with it as is. There is no point in renaming it.
Nah, I like NotN and am perfectly happy with it as is. There is no point in renaming it.
177499lightofknowledge2.png
[quote name="Taarnfalk" date=2017-10-27 13:06:13] If the rename comes into place it could be fun to rename the eggs Unhatched mischief egg... and the breed who came out of it would be random of all non gem, non imp breeds :D [/quote] I support renaming, but I do not support this in any form.
Taarnfalk wrote on 2017-10-27:

I support renaming, but I do not support this in any form.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Support! Midwinter Masquerade has a fantastic ring to it, and like others have said, I don't like how NotN is very shadow/halloween-y when it's supposed to be a) non-flight centric and b) a winter festival. I'd love to see new takes on mimicry (and the lessening of related drama is always nice).
Support! Midwinter Masquerade has a fantastic ring to it, and like others have said, I don't like how NotN is very shadow/halloween-y when it's supposed to be a) non-flight centric and b) a winter festival. I'd love to see new takes on mimicry (and the lessening of related drama is always nice).
xxxxxxxxxxxtumblr_inline_pbo2yrYus41rhwzwl_75sq.gif
Charlie | They/She | +3 FR Time
What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have never been discovered.

tumblr_inline_pbo2yrYus41rhwzwl_75sq.gif
I support this as long as the event itself is completely unchanged. It would solve some issues with the second Shadow thing yet still retain the Nocturne's availability and keep old mechanics the same as to not confuse anyone.

Maybe a few minor additions to the event would be okay, but I don't think anything big should be changed. The suggested name is pretty.
I support this as long as the event itself is completely unchanged. It would solve some issues with the second Shadow thing yet still retain the Nocturne's availability and keep old mechanics the same as to not confuse anyone.

Maybe a few minor additions to the event would be okay, but I don't think anything big should be changed. The suggested name is pretty.
corrosivedepin.gif

lore shop
clan lore
AIG1rOK.png
Support. I love the name Midwinter Masquerade, I feel like it fits in with the other flight holidays. Night of Nocturne in my opinion, stood out a little. It didn't really seem to fit in with the other holidays, which bothered me a little bit. I would love to see this change (:
Support. I love the name Midwinter Masquerade, I feel like it fits in with the other flight holidays. Night of Nocturne in my opinion, stood out a little. It didn't really seem to fit in with the other holidays, which bothered me a little bit. I would love to see this change (:
No support.

A name change will not change anything. Regardless of what it's called, it is still an event about a Shadow breed, and the whole mimicry/trickster aesthetic is, once again, still Shadow-themed. Shadow holiday? No-there's enough difference in mechanics to ensure that. Undeniably strong Shadow vibes? Definitely.
Quote:
This suggestion isn't for any major changes to mechanics. Nocturne eggs, mimic chests, all that stuff would still show up.
So as long as the event itself does not change, what we call it doesn't impact anything. We could call it anything a random name generator throws out and it will not change how Shadow-y it is. Calling an apple an orange doesn't make it one.

Personally I still don't like the fact that anything goes on in December at all, as that time was specifically left void of festivals because it's a busy time irl, but it's too late to change that now I guess.
No support.

A name change will not change anything. Regardless of what it's called, it is still an event about a Shadow breed, and the whole mimicry/trickster aesthetic is, once again, still Shadow-themed. Shadow holiday? No-there's enough difference in mechanics to ensure that. Undeniably strong Shadow vibes? Definitely.
Quote:
This suggestion isn't for any major changes to mechanics. Nocturne eggs, mimic chests, all that stuff would still show up.
So as long as the event itself does not change, what we call it doesn't impact anything. We could call it anything a random name generator throws out and it will not change how Shadow-y it is. Calling an apple an orange doesn't make it one.

Personally I still don't like the fact that anything goes on in December at all, as that time was specifically left void of festivals because it's a busy time irl, but it's too late to change that now I guess.
Support! It’s like another shadow festival, and the nocturnes have become less of the festivals focus.
Support! It’s like another shadow festival, and the nocturnes have become less of the festivals focus.
IMG_5287.png

They/Them
FR+3
Art
Shop

ACOZFAh.png

mtHAEL4.png

tyEuRXe.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8