Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Rename NotN to Midwinter Masquerade
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Support. Seems weird we have a holiday for one breed, it worked the first year but now??? Nah. Plus it'd be nice to move away from 'spooky'ness. We have shadow festival and riot of rot for that.
Support. Seems weird we have a holiday for one breed, it worked the first year but now??? Nah. Plus it'd be nice to move away from 'spooky'ness. We have shadow festival and riot of rot for that.
xu283Kp.gif...3qZ2TWJ.gif1328MiZ.gifOipIF0J.gif....7F3QtXR.gif
I suppose I'd be okay with a name change as long as there were still Noc eggs/scrolls available during this time of year. I'm new so I've never had a chance to experience NotN yet, and I've been looking forward to it since I joined in May.
I suppose I'd be okay with a name change as long as there were still Noc eggs/scrolls available during this time of year. I'm new so I've never had a chance to experience NotN yet, and I've been looking forward to it since I joined in May.
XBlovdQ.png o3nzgbC.png NJvaKUP.png
Talk of names and themes is well and good, but I can't help thinking that December is the only month when there is no other festival, and if we want something new and want to avoid potential backlash from people annoyed at having more than one event in a month, it's the ideal time to place a non-flight event. Maybe renaming and restyling would be good... Maybe it needs something more to stay interesting.

Three years later, it does seem strange to continue holding an event in honor of the Nocturnes, especially when the time could be used to reveal other breeds, introduce other features like a sitewide boss or special event, etc... I like the collecting of all the cool new stuff each year, and I like the mimics and recolors, and I know there should still be ways of getting Nocturne eggs and scrolls, but I don't know that this is the way of doing it anymore.
Talk of names and themes is well and good, but I can't help thinking that December is the only month when there is no other festival, and if we want something new and want to avoid potential backlash from people annoyed at having more than one event in a month, it's the ideal time to place a non-flight event. Maybe renaming and restyling would be good... Maybe it needs something more to stay interesting.

Three years later, it does seem strange to continue holding an event in honor of the Nocturnes, especially when the time could be used to reveal other breeds, introduce other features like a sitewide boss or special event, etc... I like the collecting of all the cool new stuff each year, and I like the mimics and recolors, and I know there should still be ways of getting Nocturne eggs and scrolls, but I don't know that this is the way of doing it anymore.
IlluminartiIn-Flight HubPublic Buy
Masquerade does fit the theme, though. They're "hiding," in a sense. Almost like when a masquerade party is taking place, people wear masks to hide their identity.

Support from me!
Masquerade does fit the theme, though. They're "hiding," in a sense. Almost like when a masquerade party is taking place, people wear masks to hide their identity.

Support from me!
15WDtQ0.png
[quote name="gemajgall" date=2017-10-14 04:58:48] The only way I would support keeping it Night of the Nocturne over anything else is if we also got celebrations for every other breed on site (Pearlcatcher Parade, Annual Ridgeback Fishing Competition, etc etc). [/quote] ^ Thisthisthisthisthis. ^ I was not a fan of Nocs when they first came out. I've since warmed up to them and their big ol' round bellies. ^_^ But my first Night of the Nocturne wasn't fun at all. If someone had given me the opportunity to celebrate Faes in all their long-necked glory, I'd have done it in a heartbeat. But like Gema said, no way in heck that would happen. XD
gemajgall wrote on 2017-10-14:
The only way I would support keeping it Night of the Nocturne over anything else is if we also got celebrations for every other breed on site (Pearlcatcher Parade, Annual Ridgeback Fishing Competition, etc etc).

^ Thisthisthisthisthis. ^

I was not a fan of Nocs when they first came out. I've since warmed up to them and their big ol' round bellies. ^_^ But my first Night of the Nocturne wasn't fun at all. If someone had given me the opportunity to celebrate Faes in all their long-necked glory, I'd have done it in a heartbeat.

But like Gema said, no way in heck that would happen. XD
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
I like this idea. Midwinter Masquerade rolls off the tongue nicely.
Outside of the southern hémisphère being in summer, this is a game and we are not sure what seasons they have and when. The holidays are based on the games lore and not real life. It would be different if it were called something like Giftbearers Dinnerparty.

Though a dinner party one day of the year where your dragons get fully fed and stay fully fed with out dipping into your hoard would be nice.
I like this idea. Midwinter Masquerade rolls off the tongue nicely.
Outside of the southern hémisphère being in summer, this is a game and we are not sure what seasons they have and when. The holidays are based on the games lore and not real life. It would be different if it were called something like Giftbearers Dinnerparty.

Though a dinner party one day of the year where your dragons get fully fed and stay fully fed with out dipping into your hoard would be nice.
I actually really like this! Much support!

I know the theme is technically "mimics" but since the whole point of a masquerade is to pretend to be something you're not, that's still basically mimicry. And it sounds so much more fantastical! I love it!

(Also, Night of the Nocturnes is just a misleading name at this point. It's not one night, it's two weeks, and the Nocturnes are only a small part of it.)
I actually really like this! Much support!

I know the theme is technically "mimics" but since the whole point of a masquerade is to pretend to be something you're not, that's still basically mimicry. And it sounds so much more fantastical! I love it!

(Also, Night of the Nocturnes is just a misleading name at this point. It's not one night, it's two weeks, and the Nocturnes are only a small part of it.)
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
Support! Shaking things up, adding more to NotN, and making it more of a general festival than just a Shadow-based one would be nice. :0 I've never personally had an objection to the "two Shadow festivals" thing (NotN is a lot different than the Flight holidays), but something more all-encompassing would be good, I think.
Support! Shaking things up, adding more to NotN, and making it more of a general festival than just a Shadow-based one would be nice. :0 I've never personally had an objection to the "two Shadow festivals" thing (NotN is a lot different than the Flight holidays), but something more all-encompassing would be good, I think.
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
Oh good you already had a thread on this :o

But yes! It's very awkward to have two weeks dedicated to this breed when the festivals only get one breed. It was nice when the Nocturne's were introduced but now... it's strange? It not like the Nocturne need to be removed from the festival all together, but I think a new name would be fitting and open up more opportunities as we celebrate the holidays and new year! It should be a time of peace in the land, not just a big celebration for the Nocturnes.
Oh good you already had a thread on this :o

But yes! It's very awkward to have two weeks dedicated to this breed when the festivals only get one breed. It was nice when the Nocturne's were introduced but now... it's strange? It not like the Nocturne need to be removed from the festival all together, but I think a new name would be fitting and open up more opportunities as we celebrate the holidays and new year! It should be a time of peace in the land, not just a big celebration for the Nocturnes.
3fd02646aa3f6db04d36eb0a1e9dd03f2a556031.png35245a3da26aa58014493e26dad7707b9eb43417.pngdd18029f6d9f47907dfd09694a95608b0e2e91f9.png
46d82f0c63d3b63c971b1bd6da653380c59c0d22.pnge0d4d34a1aeb0889910ad9f6a3bae8a652c9f3a6.pnge669256c8c8a9d2679c5f85b8ee6d9bdeff0a06f.png
[quote name="Zenelle" date=2017-10-14 15:43:41] To me, it's always fitted in that it's Night of the Nocturnes as it's when they suddenly appear and cause the chaos - as part of the very lore of that time. They're the originators and the reason for the madness. I couldn't care less if they were a shadow breed or not. It always feels like people just want to focus on anything to complain so offsite drama never means much to me. Personally, I like the name as it is. [/quote] Agreeing with this. Night of the nocturne to me is something I think fits very well as a name. It sort of resembles the typical festival naming convention but at the same time it doesn't. Also, this is the only time nocturn scrolls can be obtained (outside of AH), so to me if you take away the more breed oriented parts of it it's kind of like pushing nocs away from this which I don't really like.
Zenelle wrote on 2017-10-14:
To me, it's always fitted in that it's Night of the Nocturnes as it's when they suddenly appear and cause the chaos - as part of the very lore of that time. They're the originators and the reason for the madness. I couldn't care less if they were a shadow breed or not. It always feels like people just want to focus on anything to complain so offsite drama never means much to me.

Personally, I like the name as it is.

Agreeing with this. Night of the nocturne to me is something I think fits very well as a name. It sort of resembles the typical festival naming convention but at the same time it doesn't. Also, this is the only time nocturn scrolls can be obtained (outside of AH), so to me if you take away the more breed oriented parts of it it's kind of like pushing nocs away from this which I don't really like.
Please ping me when you reply to my
posts or I probably won't see it.
I don't really sub to my topics, so
Unless I specify, ping me
tumblr_nm1sm0uXkM1tfzajgo3_r1_75sq.gif tumblr_n4rnlnlsOx1sl6hkto5_250.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8