Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Pinkerton Eliminate Drop
I saw this mentioned elsewhere on the forums, and I wanted to separate it from the current conversation going for the raise of eliminate drops in the Coli.

As we've discussed ad nauseaum, the eliminate stone is not necessary, but in all it makes things either more fun (in my opinion) or methods of gaining familiars, treasure, etc more accessible overall.

It is a luxury stone, sure. But this is also a game! I'd love to see the stone become more attainable for all players so that we can all reap the benefits available thru the coli and leveling dragons.

Agree or not, that's fine! My point is making the stone more /accessible/ for all players, and the 400kt+ or 375g+ is prohibitive, even for older players!

In compromise, how about adding it to Pinkerton's drops? He drops other coli stones, so it would make sense to have him give this out as well.

What do y'all think?
I saw this mentioned elsewhere on the forums, and I wanted to separate it from the current conversation going for the raise of eliminate drops in the Coli.

As we've discussed ad nauseaum, the eliminate stone is not necessary, but in all it makes things either more fun (in my opinion) or methods of gaining familiars, treasure, etc more accessible overall.

It is a luxury stone, sure. But this is also a game! I'd love to see the stone become more attainable for all players so that we can all reap the benefits available thru the coli and leveling dragons.

Agree or not, that's fine! My point is making the stone more /accessible/ for all players, and the 400kt+ or 375g+ is prohibitive, even for older players!

In compromise, how about adding it to Pinkerton's drops? He drops other coli stones, so it would make sense to have him give this out as well.

What do y'all think?
SsDRJ6t.pngdbR6FAo.pngYohjRio.pngfL0umpy.png
The coli rewrite is coming soon, and we should see how the update will affect the stones usefulness before making a bunch of changes regarding it.
For all we know, eliminate could be extremely nerfed in the update.
The coli rewrite is coming soon, and we should see how the update will affect the stones usefulness before making a bunch of changes regarding it.
For all we know, eliminate could be extremely nerfed in the update.
giphy.gif7t6ErvU.jpegmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

G1 sales

p74ovv7.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
...What does nerfed mean? I am not hip and down with the lingo D: (also I'd love a link to see the thing!)
...What does nerfed mean? I am not hip and down with the lingo D: (also I'd love a link to see the thing!)
@ravensdiscontent nerfed= weakened/brought down to par with other stones.
There's no link yet, but they have confirmed keybindings (using keyboard commands rather than strictly clicking) and new anti-bot features.
There's no link yet, but they have confirmed keybindings (using keyboard commands rather than strictly clicking) and new anti-bot features.
giphy.gif7t6ErvU.jpegmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

G1 sales

p74ovv7.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
[quote name="Shinyumbreon" date=2017-05-25 11:41:03] @ravensdiscontent nerfed= weakened/brought down to par with other stones. There's no link yet, but they have confirmed keybindings (using keyboard commands rather than strictly clicking) and new anti-bot features. [/quote] To add on to this, the reason most people think Eliminate is going to be nerfed (from what I can tell) is that the admins have also said they made agility more important, mainly due to dodge, so that dragons will need to be restatted to account for this. This means that players might be putting fewer points into STR and more into AGI, which would mean Eliminate is weaker. This in turn means that players might need to find a new strategy, and eliminate might not be the best one for that. We don't know whether or not they are going to touch any battlestones, so the actual stone might not be touched, but the usefulness of it, due to lower strength and higher AGI might be changed. If you want to read more about it, you can search 'coli revamp' in the Announcements forum. You should be able to find the thread where they mentioned it. I think it was a Words on the Wind, but can't remember where else they mentioned it.
Shinyumbreon wrote on 2017-05-25:

To add on to this, the reason most people think Eliminate is going to be nerfed (from what I can tell) is that the admins have also said they made agility more important, mainly due to dodge, so that dragons will need to be restatted to account for this. This means that players might be putting fewer points into STR and more into AGI, which would mean Eliminate is weaker. This in turn means that players might need to find a new strategy, and eliminate might not be the best one for that.

We don't know whether or not they are going to touch any battlestones, so the actual stone might not be touched, but the usefulness of it, due to lower strength and higher AGI might be changed.

If you want to read more about it, you can search 'coli revamp' in the Announcements forum. You should be able to find the thread where they mentioned it. I think it was a Words on the Wind, but can't remember where else they mentioned it.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Why that specific shiny-star item, and not others?
@jemdar @shinyumbreon

Oooh I see! I still suspect you'll need a healthy amount of STR to successfully beat various enemies in the coli, but I can see your point! It'd be interesting to see how it pans out, really.

Either way it's super exciting! If there isn't pressure taken off the eliminate capability then perhaps a continued campaign may be needed in the future, but any compromise to make the website more enjoyable for everyone is p awesome.

Thank you for the tips!
@jemdar @shinyumbreon

Oooh I see! I still suspect you'll need a healthy amount of STR to successfully beat various enemies in the coli, but I can see your point! It'd be interesting to see how it pans out, really.

Either way it's super exciting! If there isn't pressure taken off the eliminate capability then perhaps a continued campaign may be needed in the future, but any compromise to make the website more enjoyable for everyone is p awesome.

Thank you for the tips!
[quote name="Sopheroo" date=2017-05-25 13:06:54] Why that specific shiny-star item, and not others? [/quote] I am all for Pinkerton giving out any and all battlestones, because right now there's a selection of exactly four. Not all are useful, granted, but it'd make things a bit more interesting. [s]Imagine getting Field Guide from Pinkerton[/s]
Sopheroo wrote on 2017-05-25:

I am all for Pinkerton giving out any and all battlestones, because right now there's a selection of exactly four. Not all are useful, granted, but it'd make things a bit more interesting. Imagine getting Field Guide from Pinkerton
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
[quote name="Leopardmask" date=2017-05-25 15:43:29] [quote name="Sopheroo" date=2017-05-25 13:06:54] Why that specific shiny-star item, and not others? [/quote] I am all for Pinkerton giving out any and all battlestones, because right now there's a selection of exactly four. Not all are useful, granted, but it'd make things a bit more interesting. [s]Imagine getting Field Guide from Pinkerton[/s] [/quote] If y'all make eliminate available from pink, you gotta make some other shiny star items be available too. Just to keep things fair. But yes, judging from the coli revamp, strength might not play that big of a part, so people will need to put their heads together and think of newer builds catering to agility.
Leopardmask wrote on 2017-05-25:
Sopheroo wrote on 2017-05-25:

I am all for Pinkerton giving out any and all battlestones, because right now there's a selection of exactly four. Not all are useful, granted, but it'd make things a bit more interesting. Imagine getting Field Guide from Pinkerton
If y'all make eliminate available from pink, you gotta make some other shiny star items be available too. Just to keep things fair.

But yes, judging from the coli revamp, strength might not play that big of a part, so people will need to put their heads together and think of newer builds catering to agility.
8atStKf.png8KhZull.png