Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Familiar Bond-All Button
1 2 3 4 5
[quote name="Jemadar" date=2017-04-22 08:13:22] A bond all, but no rewards at all given. The rewards would restart a random number of bondings (individually, so familiar A might be 5 bondings while B might be 2) after the last time the bond all button was used. This way if you want all your familiars at awakened you can get it there, but without impacting the economy. (would still have to find a way around the lag, though if there were no rewards needed to be calculated, then it might not be so bad) [/quote] In that case it's easier to make "insta-awaken" button for a familiar. Press it, and bam, it's awakened. You get nothing, obviously, but you don't pay for it either. Want chests? Press every day. Want awakened? Press one time and be happy. As for the button as described in the OP, no thanks. 1:1000 ratio is already pretty high, I don't want it to be 1:5000 any time soon.
Jemadar wrote on 2017-04-22:
A bond all, but no rewards at all given. The rewards would restart a random number of bondings (individually, so familiar A might be 5 bondings while B might be 2) after the last time the bond all button was used. This way if you want all your familiars at awakened you can get it there, but without impacting the economy. (would still have to find a way around the lag, though if there were no rewards needed to be calculated, then it might not be so bad)
In that case it's easier to make "insta-awaken" button for a familiar. Press it, and bam, it's awakened. You get nothing, obviously, but you don't pay for it either.
Want chests? Press every day. Want awakened? Press one time and be happy.

As for the button as described in the OP, no thanks. 1:1000 ratio is already pretty high, I don't want it to be 1:5000 any time soon.
[quote name="Valemora" date=2017-04-22 08:31:43] [quote name="Jemadar" date=2017-04-22 08:13:22] A bond all, but no rewards at all given. The rewards would restart a random number of bondings (individually, so familiar A might be 5 bondings while B might be 2) after the last time the bond all button was used. This way if you want all your familiars at awakened you can get it there, but without impacting the economy. (would still have to find a way around the lag, though if there were no rewards needed to be calculated, then it might not be so bad) [/quote] In that case it's easier to make "insta-awaken" button for a familiar. Press it, and bam, it's awakened. You get nothing, obviously, but you don't pay for it either. Want chests? Press every day. Want awakened? Press one time and be happy. As for the button as described in the OP, no thanks. 1:1000 ratio is already pretty high, I don't want it to be 1:5000 any time soon. [/quote] True, I never thought about it like that. One button and the familiar is awakened... Much less lag that way as well.
Valemora wrote on 2017-04-22:
Jemadar wrote on 2017-04-22:
A bond all, but no rewards at all given. The rewards would restart a random number of bondings (individually, so familiar A might be 5 bondings while B might be 2) after the last time the bond all button was used. This way if you want all your familiars at awakened you can get it there, but without impacting the economy. (would still have to find a way around the lag, though if there were no rewards needed to be calculated, then it might not be so bad)
In that case it's easier to make "insta-awaken" button for a familiar. Press it, and bam, it's awakened. You get nothing, obviously, but you don't pay for it either.
Want chests? Press every day. Want awakened? Press one time and be happy.

As for the button as described in the OP, no thanks. 1:1000 ratio is already pretty high, I don't want it to be 1:5000 any time soon.

True, I never thought about it like that. One button and the familiar is awakened... Much less lag that way as well.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
No support for a bond all button if you still get the rewards, but there have been some good suggestions for those who just want to hit awakened.
No support for a bond all button if you still get the rewards, but there have been some good suggestions for those who just want to hit awakened.
1L5TGl1.pngjn0pAcU.pngNVgCjtR.pngghAVYGe.pngx3J6SUS.png
I think I would like a bond all button, because I have wrist issues and have to ration how many times I click in one day which makes mass bonding difficult. Though, I do get that it may make it over-easy, so I guess I'm on the fence? I'd be fine if it weren't for personal physical issues with repeated clicking. :/
I think I would like a bond all button, because I have wrist issues and have to ration how many times I click in one day which makes mass bonding difficult. Though, I do get that it may make it over-easy, so I guess I'm on the fence? I'd be fine if it weren't for personal physical issues with repeated clicking. :/
DOjF2sA.pngveAGxvx.gif
nope. if you press one button, you should get one reward. in other words, earn your treasure- it's not going to be handed to you in a single click.

not to mention all the chests it would pour into the economy, making them even more worthless than they currently are, and all the terrible lag this would generate.

There is no requirement to bond with familiars. If you can't bond with them all, then don't. It's not mandatory to bond with familiars in order to enjoy the game
nope. if you press one button, you should get one reward. in other words, earn your treasure- it's not going to be handed to you in a single click.

not to mention all the chests it would pour into the economy, making them even more worthless than they currently are, and all the terrible lag this would generate.

There is no requirement to bond with familiars. If you can't bond with them all, then don't. It's not mandatory to bond with familiars in order to enjoy the game
giphy.gifmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
Yeah I can't bring myself to support it.

It sounded great at first but then I thought about the issues it would create and I'm just not seeing a good way to get around those.

If a well thought out alternative were to show up I would probably support (clicking all those familiars is really boring, tbh) but until then...
Yeah I can't bring myself to support it.

It sounded great at first but then I thought about the issues it would create and I'm just not seeing a good way to get around those.

If a well thought out alternative were to show up I would probably support (clicking all those familiars is really boring, tbh) but until then...
a71d855648.png
This comes up so often and I still can't support it.

You get the reward for the time you put in. If you don't want to put that time in, you shouldn't get the reward. I don't bother bonding any more. I find the process tedious and this tedium, for me, outweighs the benefit. They shouldn't give you free stuff for the sake of one click just because you're lazy or have better things to do.

I could maybe support this if:

A: It only bonded with maxed out, equipped familiars, meaning you still have to put three months of daily clicks in, or

B: It cost gems. People will whine that this is "pay to win", but is it? If you spend 700g a month to click once daily, is the reward of small amounts of treasure and the odd chest a win ccompared to 700 gems? This would also mitigate the lost ad revenue for the site.

Otherwise, no. If you want stuff, do the required task.
This comes up so often and I still can't support it.

You get the reward for the time you put in. If you don't want to put that time in, you shouldn't get the reward. I don't bother bonding any more. I find the process tedious and this tedium, for me, outweighs the benefit. They shouldn't give you free stuff for the sake of one click just because you're lazy or have better things to do.

I could maybe support this if:

A: It only bonded with maxed out, equipped familiars, meaning you still have to put three months of daily clicks in, or

B: It cost gems. People will whine that this is "pay to win", but is it? If you spend 700g a month to click once daily, is the reward of small amounts of treasure and the odd chest a win ccompared to 700 gems? This would also mitigate the lost ad revenue for the site.

Otherwise, no. If you want stuff, do the required task.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
[quote name="DragonSage" date=2017-04-22 02:38:28] I could possibly see a bond all button if it only worked for already awakened familiars. For any of the unawakened familiars, the bonding should be done by hand because updating the changes in bonding status for each of the unawakened familiars in one go would likely cause a lot of lag. For example if I have 46 unawakened familiars for each one of those the database would have to mark they've been bonded for the day and also change their bonding percentage and for the ones that go up a level they'd have to create the appropriate chest. That's a lot of things to do in one action. I wouldn't mind a way to bond your familiars from the lair page by clicking on the little familiar icon or through the beastiary (with a little bond button below their entry) so they are still done individually but less work than having to open each dragon's page or having to switch familiars on one dragon [/quote] I like this idea personally, as it would negate the negative lag effects of a bond-all button.
DragonSage wrote on 2017-04-22:
I could possibly see a bond all button if it only worked for already awakened familiars. For any of the unawakened familiars, the bonding should be done by hand because updating the changes in bonding status for each of the unawakened familiars in one go would likely cause a lot of lag. For example if I have 46 unawakened familiars for each one of those the database would have to mark they've been bonded for the day and also change their bonding percentage and for the ones that go up a level they'd have to create the appropriate chest. That's a lot of things to do in one action.

I wouldn't mind a way to bond your familiars from the lair page by clicking on the little familiar icon or through the beastiary (with a little bond button below their entry) so they are still done individually but less work than having to open each dragon's page or having to switch familiars on one dragon

I like this idea personally, as it would negate the negative lag effects of a bond-all button.
Leader of the Bear Army
b4PU1hl.png
Most people on here appear to have over 200 to 300 familiars. Let's say that a Bond-Add button permits the rewards. That's at least 10,000 to 15,000 treasure instantly with very little work. Can you imagine the entire site doing it? The influx seems small and not worth it at this point because it takes too long. If people were able to do it in an instant, it would absolutely flood the market. No support.
Most people on here appear to have over 200 to 300 familiars. Let's say that a Bond-Add button permits the rewards. That's at least 10,000 to 15,000 treasure instantly with very little work. Can you imagine the entire site doing it? The influx seems small and not worth it at this point because it takes too long. If people were able to do it in an instant, it would absolutely flood the market. No support.
uCR5SCW.png
If you want the familliar bonus, then you have to work for it. No support for a bond-all button.
If you want the familliar bonus, then you have to work for it. No support for a bond-all button.
ampharos.png 20 | any pronouns | about me | accents |
1 2 3 4 5