Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Just a suggestion
1 2
Putting in a scroll or item to change a dragons flight (therefore changing its eye color. The item shouldn't be to cheap, maybe around 500g? And there should be a limit as to howany can be purchased within a time frame.

Why it wouldn't break the game-
It takes a while to save up 500g, therefore it wouldn't be to common occurrence and people are still more bound to go to certain flights to breed their dragon.

Why it would be bennificial-
Some people spend a long time looking for a certain dragon. When they finally find one and it's eyes are the only thing wrong, it's disappointing, especially if there's only one, or all with the color are related.

Another reason- gen ones.
Sometimes, reps are hard to find with the eyes and body colors you want. This would at least fix one of the issues.
Putting in a scroll or item to change a dragons flight (therefore changing its eye color. The item shouldn't be to cheap, maybe around 500g? And there should be a limit as to howany can be purchased within a time frame.

Why it wouldn't break the game-
It takes a while to save up 500g, therefore it wouldn't be to common occurrence and people are still more bound to go to certain flights to breed their dragon.

Some people spend a long time looking for a certain dragon. When they finally find one and it's eyes are the only thing wrong, it's disappointing, especially if there's only one, or all with the color are related.

Another reason- gen ones.
Sometimes, reps are hard to find with the eyes and body colors you want. This would at least fix one of the issues.
Hl87sOx.jpg
@missfizzle [quote name="Jemadar" date=2016-02-06 16:32:43] Also, the admins have at least hinted heavily that a dragon with no magic would die or be VERY VERY weak, and I would think that since the various magics don't get along too well (as the admins have said that the dragons COULD potentially work outside their element, but it is very difficult and the secondary magic would be extremely weak and they couldn't work with their opposite) that the original magic (which is what gives eye color) would need to be 'drained' in order to put the new magic in, and that could potentially kill the dragon. [/quote] as they have said, changing a dragons flight would kill the dragon or at least make it incredibly weak, according to lore. along with this, the admins have already said this won't be happening. no support. if you want a dragon with specific eyes, get a pair that can breed it and rent a nest. that's what I'm doing, that's what everyone else does. as for gen ones, does it really matter what their eye color is? odds are they aren't worth much more than fodder price unless they're surprisingly pretty, and if they are then their eye color won't matter to the buyer. Gen one collectors know what they're getting into. This actually WOULD be game breaking in reference to the coliseum- if it has, say, a splash stone attached then you turn it into a wind dragon. The stone can't go anywhere since there's no "remove stone" option, so it would be extremely difficult to code in that aspect.
@missfizzle
Jemadar wrote on 2016-02-06:
Also, the admins have at least hinted heavily that a dragon with no magic would die or be VERY VERY weak, and I would think that since the various magics don't get along too well (as the admins have said that the dragons COULD potentially work outside their element, but it is very difficult and the secondary magic would be extremely weak and they couldn't work with their opposite) that the original magic (which is what gives eye color) would need to be 'drained' in order to put the new magic in, and that could potentially kill the dragon.

as they have said, changing a dragons flight would kill the dragon or at least make it incredibly weak, according to lore. along with this, the admins have already said this won't be happening.
no support. if you want a dragon with specific eyes, get a pair that can breed it and rent a nest. that's what I'm doing, that's what everyone else does.

as for gen ones, does it really matter what their eye color is? odds are they aren't worth much more than fodder price unless they're surprisingly pretty, and if they are then their eye color won't matter to the buyer. Gen one collectors know what they're getting into.

This actually WOULD be game breaking in reference to the coliseum- if it has, say, a splash stone attached then you turn it into a wind dragon. The stone can't go anywhere since there's no "remove stone" option, so it would be extremely difficult to code in that aspect.
giphy.gifmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
No I don't support flight changing scrolls for both lore and game challenges reasons. First of all, the admins have stated that changing a dragon's element would likely kill them. Second of all, it would eliminate some of the challenge in an already pretty easy breeding game. Gender and element are pretty much the only things that can't be changed on our dragons and eliminating one of these things would effectively negate most of the usefulness of breeding. Why breed the perfect dragon when you could just change whatever random dragon you have into what you want through buying gems to buy scrolls? And since this is a breeding game that would sort of defeat the purpose of the game...
No I don't support flight changing scrolls for both lore and game challenges reasons. First of all, the admins have stated that changing a dragon's element would likely kill them. Second of all, it would eliminate some of the challenge in an already pretty easy breeding game. Gender and element are pretty much the only things that can't be changed on our dragons and eliminating one of these things would effectively negate most of the usefulness of breeding. Why breed the perfect dragon when you could just change whatever random dragon you have into what you want through buying gems to buy scrolls? And since this is a breeding game that would sort of defeat the purpose of the game...
XriSV9h.gif
Thank you both. I missed that tid bit.

And CrazyRedFire it wouldn't be changing the entire dragon. It would be changing the eyes. But like I said, I missed the admins post about changing flight classes, my mistake.
Thank you both. I missed that tid bit.

And CrazyRedFire it wouldn't be changing the entire dragon. It would be changing the eyes. But like I said, I missed the admins post about changing flight classes, my mistake.
Hl87sOx.jpg
@Shinyumbreon I already said that people find breeders in different flights I didn't say it was dificult, or that I was even seeking a specific dragon. It was just an idea :P
@Shinyumbreon I already said that people find breeders in different flights I didn't say it was dificult, or that I was even seeking a specific dragon. It was just an idea :P
Hl87sOx.jpg
[quote name="MissFizzle" date=2017-03-22 20:45:25] Why it would be bennificial- [b]Some people spend a long time looking for a certain dragon.[/b] When they finally find one and it's eyes are the only thing wrong, it's disappointing, especially if there's only one, or all with the color are related. [/quote] @missfizzle I didn't say you were looking for a specific dragon, but you did say other people were. What @crazyredfire meant is that you can change literally everything about a dragon except the element and sex, they never said that the element change would change the entire dragon. My point still stands though, you can get whatever eye color you want by renting a nest for a heck of a lot cheaper than 500 gems (which IMO would still be way too low for something that changes something major about the dragon) so this isn't needed in the first place.
MissFizzle wrote on 2017-03-22:

@missfizzle I didn't say you were looking for a specific dragon, but you did say other people were.

What @crazyredfire meant is that you can change literally everything about a dragon except the element and sex, they never said that the element change would change the entire dragon.

My point still stands though, you can get whatever eye color you want by renting a nest for a heck of a lot cheaper than 500 gems (which IMO would still be way too low for something that changes something major about the dragon) so this isn't needed in the first place.
giphy.gifmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
I support this idea, despite it never happening.
I support this idea, despite it never happening.
QqwiU1r.png
the
price
you pay
QqwiU1r.png QqwiU1r.png jJO64nG.png
Sorry, lore be damned if the gameplay benefits outweigh it; in this case I think they totally do. Wrangling the lore to accommodate honestly doesn't seem that hard. For instance we already have cannon mimics (Nocs) and breeds well suited to spying based on emotional affinity (Skydancers).

So long as renting nests remains an unsupported function, I'll always support something like this. As is users can spend real money to gem gene a dragon, only to have that dragon stolen with no recourse by an unscrupulous renter. Regular flight changes don't seem like the ideal solution either given the sheer demand for matching eyes.

As a compromise ( and a nice addition to the expanded color wheel ) maybe we could have a treasure sink which rewards with an array of eye colors specific to each flight but clearly distinct from the current ones ( ex: a lighter purple for shadow ). This would make eye swapped dragons distinct and allow lucky G1s hatched with matching eyes to be differentiated. This change could easily be reflected on the dragon page via an altered elemental icon ( ex: black stone with upside down impersonated element ).

Two tone eyes as spy camouflage could also be interesting. For instance, take a plague native looking to masquerade as a water dragon - they might cast a glamour to obtain blue eyes that retain a red pupil, red ring, or gradient. Maybe these glamours would even need to be recast periodically for a fee or items ( ex: elemental idols ).
Sorry, lore be damned if the gameplay benefits outweigh it; in this case I think they totally do. Wrangling the lore to accommodate honestly doesn't seem that hard. For instance we already have cannon mimics (Nocs) and breeds well suited to spying based on emotional affinity (Skydancers).

So long as renting nests remains an unsupported function, I'll always support something like this. As is users can spend real money to gem gene a dragon, only to have that dragon stolen with no recourse by an unscrupulous renter. Regular flight changes don't seem like the ideal solution either given the sheer demand for matching eyes.

As a compromise ( and a nice addition to the expanded color wheel ) maybe we could have a treasure sink which rewards with an array of eye colors specific to each flight but clearly distinct from the current ones ( ex: a lighter purple for shadow ). This would make eye swapped dragons distinct and allow lucky G1s hatched with matching eyes to be differentiated. This change could easily be reflected on the dragon page via an altered elemental icon ( ex: black stone with upside down impersonated element ).

Two tone eyes as spy camouflage could also be interesting. For instance, take a plague native looking to masquerade as a water dragon - they might cast a glamour to obtain blue eyes that retain a red pupil, red ring, or gradient. Maybe these glamours would even need to be recast periodically for a fee or items ( ex: elemental idols ).
HdmxfuE.png
KYSFCiZ.png
eswSnrS.png
yQ62HIx.png
Need a Light nest?

Always happy to host for food / junk apparel / Baldwin
materials when I have space!
LOR2.png
[quote name="marropo" date=2017-03-22 22:37:52] Sorry, lore be damned if the gameplay benefits outweigh it; in this case I think they totally do. Wrangling the lore to accommodate honestly doesn't seem that hard. For instance we already have cannon mimics (Nocs) and breeds well suited to spying based on emotional affinity (Skydancers). So long as renting nests remains an unsupported function, I'll always support something like this. As is users can spend real money to gem gene a dragon, only to have that dragon stolen with no recourse by an unscrupulous renter. Regular flight changes don't seem like the ideal solution either given the sheer demand for matching eyes. As a compromise ( and a nice addition to the expanded color wheel ) maybe we could have a treasure sink which rewards with an array of eye colors specific to each flight but clearly distinct from the current ones ( ex: a lighter purple for shadow ). This would make eye swapped dragons distinct and allow lucky G1s hatched with matching eyes to be differentiated. This change could easily be reflected on the dragon page via an altered elemental icon ( ex: black stone with upside down impersonated element ). Two tone eyes as spy camouflage could also be interesting. For instance, take a plague native looking to masquerade as a water dragon - they might cast a glamour to obtain blue eyes that retain a red pupil, red ring, or gradient. Maybe these glamours would even need to be recast periodically for a fee or items ( ex: elemental idols ). [/quote] Rather than supporting something against lore why not support something save that works with the lore? Nestchanging items that are one use only. Lorewise nests have a certain element because they are saturated with the surrounding energy - like a sponge. An item could be made to drench the nest in a foreign elemental energy. This would allow players to savely change the eyecolor without renting out dragons.
marropo wrote on 2017-03-22:

Rather than supporting something against lore why not support something save that works with the lore? Nestchanging items that are one use only. Lorewise nests have a certain element because they are saturated with the surrounding energy - like a sponge. An item could be made to drench the nest in a foreign elemental energy. This would allow players to savely change the eyecolor without renting out dragons.
[quote name="marropo" date=2017-03-22 22:37:52] Sorry, lore be damned if the gameplay benefits outweigh it; in this case I think they totally do. Wrangling the lore to accommodate honestly doesn't seem that hard. For instance we already have cannon mimics (Nocs) and breeds well suited to spying based on emotional affinity (Skydancers). So long as renting nests remains an unsupported function, I'll always support something like this. As is users can spend real money to gem gene a dragon, only to have that dragon stolen with no recourse by an unscrupulous renter. Regular flight changes don't seem like the ideal solution either given the sheer demand for matching eyes. As a compromise ( and a nice addition to the expanded color wheel ) maybe we could have a treasure sink which rewards with an array of eye colors specific to each flight but clearly distinct from the current ones ( ex: a lighter purple for shadow ). This would make eye swapped dragons distinct and allow lucky G1s hatched with matching eyes to be differentiated. This change could easily be reflected on the dragon page via an altered elemental icon ( ex: black stone with upside down impersonated element ). Two tone eyes as spy camouflage could also be interesting. For instance, take a plague native looking to masquerade as a water dragon - they might cast a glamour to obtain blue eyes that retain a red pupil, red ring, or gradient. Maybe these glamours would even need to be recast periodically for a fee or items ( ex: elemental idols ). [/quote] Absolutely not. Lore is there for a reason. It has been developed with a great deal of thought from the people who brought us FR. No support whatsoever.
marropo wrote on 2017-03-22:

Absolutely not. Lore is there for a reason. It has been developed with a great deal of thought from the people who brought us FR.

No support whatsoever.
Light-and-Shadow-Bonsai.png
1 2