Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | a gender change
1 2
support if it would help to have a gender change to male form female what if the dragon you got is not the gender you want so you save treasure and buy it
support if it would help to have a gender change to male form female what if the dragon you got is not the gender you want so you save treasure and buy it
No support for a sexchange scroll.

It would crash the sites breeding system and even if they somehow got it to work withouth recoding everything would make breeding for your dreamdragon way too easy.

Support for a posechange scroll or similar stuff it that is what you want? So you can have a male sexed dragon look like a female.

If you really only want to determine their gender just write the gender they have in the bio. Though I guess this isn't what this was about.
No support for a sexchange scroll.

It would crash the sites breeding system and even if they somehow got it to work withouth recoding everything would make breeding for your dreamdragon way too easy.

Support for a posechange scroll or similar stuff it that is what you want? So you can have a male sexed dragon look like a female.

If you really only want to determine their gender just write the gender they have in the bio. Though I guess this isn't what this was about.
....yeah no. If the dragon you got isn't the gender you wanted, breed it until you get the gender you want or buy another dragon.
....yeah no. If the dragon you got isn't the gender you wanted, breed it until you get the gender you want or buy another dragon.
knhLXgs.png
No support.
The sex of a dragon is the only static element we can't influence in some way and a breeding game needs static element to remain somewhat entertaining and challenging otherwise it would be redundant as you could just buy any random dragon and change it into what you want with enough currency.
No support.
The sex of a dragon is the only static element we can't influence in some way and a breeding game needs static element to remain somewhat entertaining and challenging otherwise it would be redundant as you could just buy any random dragon and change it into what you want with enough currency.
g8j0L9a.png My Timezone: FR+9
Accent Shop
1qSQ4Z1.gif | | Giving up on life and choosing death...is nothing but a blasphemy toward life. It is a violation of the natural order! | |
Now with a Poll! Thank you, Anjoulas.
http://strawpoll.me/3055435

Pros:
*A "perfect" dragon may be imperfect by only one major factor: it's sex/gender. After a users tries so hard to breed/buy the perfect dragon only to find it a male when a female is needed, the user can get very frustrated.
*Many sites allow users to change pets from male to female and vice versa.
*This should be a gem shop item and would generate revenue for FR.
*Or this could be a treasure item to act a good treasure sink.
*Many other aspects of dragons can be changed, such as genes and species, so why should sex/gender be any different?

Cons:
*This could break FR's coding, considering the father is listed first and then the mother on every dragon's page.
*It could make things confusing when searching genealogy.
*It makes the game too easy. Through breeding, any dragon combo can be made. If users could change every aspect of their dragons at will, then how does FR preserve the integrity of its breeding sim?
*Even an expensive gem shop item isn't worth the risk of possibly introducing coding bugs or making breeding too easy and further saturating the dragon market.
*Being gem shop scroll, it leans FR even more towards pay-to-win.

Suggested Limitations:
*Only non-Eternal Youth hatchlings can be sex/gender changed.
*Only unbred dragons can be changed.
*Any dragon that gets a sex/gender change becomes infertile.
*A sex/gender scroll can only be used once per dragon, so a dragon cannot change from male to female and back again.
*Two scrolls: a Scroll of Venus and a Scroll of Mars. Since using the term "sex" or "gender" is a hot topic, making two items eliminates the need to choose which term to use and risk alienating users.

Alternative Suggestion 1:
A pose change scroll. This lets users display a male dragon with a female image or vice versa. The dragon in question is still male and thus can only breed with females and would still have the mars symbol, but would look like a female.

Alternative Suggestion 2:
A sex/gender-skew-er item. Since reptiles are male or female based on the temperature of their nests, and since dragons are reptiles, this one-time use item would heat up or cool down a nest. A hotter nest would hatch females 3 out of 4 times while a cooler nest will hatch males 3 out of 4 times.

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=sug&id=1254397&page=1
Now with a Poll! Thank you, Anjoulas.
http://strawpoll.me/3055435

Pros:
*A "perfect" dragon may be imperfect by only one major factor: it's sex/gender. After a users tries so hard to breed/buy the perfect dragon only to find it a male when a female is needed, the user can get very frustrated.
*Many sites allow users to change pets from male to female and vice versa.
*This should be a gem shop item and would generate revenue for FR.
*Or this could be a treasure item to act a good treasure sink.
*Many other aspects of dragons can be changed, such as genes and species, so why should sex/gender be any different?

Cons:
*This could break FR's coding, considering the father is listed first and then the mother on every dragon's page.
*It could make things confusing when searching genealogy.
*It makes the game too easy. Through breeding, any dragon combo can be made. If users could change every aspect of their dragons at will, then how does FR preserve the integrity of its breeding sim?
*Even an expensive gem shop item isn't worth the risk of possibly introducing coding bugs or making breeding too easy and further saturating the dragon market.
*Being gem shop scroll, it leans FR even more towards pay-to-win.

Suggested Limitations:
*Only non-Eternal Youth hatchlings can be sex/gender changed.
*Only unbred dragons can be changed.
*Any dragon that gets a sex/gender change becomes infertile.
*A sex/gender scroll can only be used once per dragon, so a dragon cannot change from male to female and back again.
*Two scrolls: a Scroll of Venus and a Scroll of Mars. Since using the term "sex" or "gender" is a hot topic, making two items eliminates the need to choose which term to use and risk alienating users.

Alternative Suggestion 1:
A pose change scroll. This lets users display a male dragon with a female image or vice versa. The dragon in question is still male and thus can only breed with females and would still have the mars symbol, but would look like a female.

Alternative Suggestion 2:
A sex/gender-skew-er item. Since reptiles are male or female based on the temperature of their nests, and since dragons are reptiles, this one-time use item would heat up or cool down a nest. A hotter nest would hatch females 3 out of 4 times while a cooler nest will hatch males 3 out of 4 times.

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=sug&id=1254397&page=1
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
No no no no, no support. This takes away a huge chunk from the breeding aspect of the game. Yes it would be nice to have something like this but in reality it just isn't suited for the game. When hatching dragons there is a 50/50 chance for a boy or girl, basically what you get is random. Don't like the gender you got? Breed those dragons again, buy a dragon of the gender you want! The scroll is a novelty at best, the idea is nice but putting it in the game is a no.
No no no no, no support. This takes away a huge chunk from the breeding aspect of the game. Yes it would be nice to have something like this but in reality it just isn't suited for the game. When hatching dragons there is a 50/50 chance for a boy or girl, basically what you get is random. Don't like the gender you got? Breed those dragons again, buy a dragon of the gender you want! The scroll is a novelty at best, the idea is nice but putting it in the game is a no.
8vfZ9uw.png
I've said it once, I'll say it again.

Support.

It won't bust up any coding so long as it's only able to be used on Unbred dragons. Make it a Gem Scroll.

It's one of those items that will help out the folks who don't have as much time to spend on FR, or don't like Breeding, or don't mind breeding but can't get rid of all the Hatchlings cos the Market is a mess while not being able to Level/Exalt.

And if you don't want it? Don't use it.
I've said it once, I'll say it again.

Support.

It won't bust up any coding so long as it's only able to be used on Unbred dragons. Make it a Gem Scroll.

It's one of those items that will help out the folks who don't have as much time to spend on FR, or don't like Breeding, or don't mind breeding but can't get rid of all the Hatchlings cos the Market is a mess while not being able to Level/Exalt.

And if you don't want it? Don't use it.
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
@unakitty

You are not the first one to suggest this.

Here is the Administration's Answer to your question.
Quote:
Quote:
Are we ever going to get sex change scrolls?

We have no plans to release an item like this.

Source: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1327998/141

Since it takes one of the static elements from the game it would make the game too easy and remove some of the challenge. Sorry not going to happen no matter how many players want it. In reality it would ruin the game for the majority of the players by making it too easy.
@unakitty

You are not the first one to suggest this.

Here is the Administration's Answer to your question.
Quote:
Quote:
Are we ever going to get sex change scrolls?

We have no plans to release an item like this.

Source: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1327998/141

Since it takes one of the static elements from the game it would make the game too easy and remove some of the challenge. Sorry not going to happen no matter how many players want it. In reality it would ruin the game for the majority of the players by making it too easy.
Outside of gen 1 Imps and gen 1 triples, this item wouldn't be that useful.

It would need to be quite expensive and in gems to be fair, and really few dragons would be worth the expense. If people think Stained is overpriced, watch the potential price for a sex changer.
Outside of gen 1 Imps and gen 1 triples, this item wouldn't be that useful.

It would need to be quite expensive and in gems to be fair, and really few dragons would be worth the expense. If people think Stained is overpriced, watch the potential price for a sex changer.
I agree with the others. This would probably break the code for the site, even with unbred dragons. Plus, this 'game' is already EXTREMELY easy. I had been planning on breeding for a Violet/Blue/Royal Coatl with Iri/Shim/Glimmer. I had been thinking it would be a long term project. I looked for some about a month ago. Day before yesterday I looked again due to someone offering to help me, and not only did I find [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21481213] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/214813/21481213.png[/img] [/url] this girl, but when I went looking for a mate for her, I found [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21279500] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/212796/21279500.png[/img] [/url] this boy. Months, potentially years of breeding, and a LOT of money for iri/shim/glimm and coatl scrolls all history. SO, all that means that chances are, if you have a 'perfect' dragon, but not the correct sex? There is going to be the 'perfect' dragon with the correct sex soon, or already is one. It might not be the right breed, which unless you want an imperial, can be changed to. Might not be the correct genes, which can all be changed to. (*sigh* I need two glimmer scrolls) No support. This game doesn't need to be any easier in the breeding aspect than it already is. However, pose change scrolls, or even a scroll that would render the dragon infertile and unable to breed I support.
I agree with the others. This would probably break the code for the site, even with unbred dragons.

Plus, this 'game' is already EXTREMELY easy. I had been planning on breeding for a Violet/Blue/Royal Coatl with Iri/Shim/Glimmer. I had been thinking it would be a long term project. I looked for some about a month ago. Day before yesterday I looked again due to someone offering to help me, and not only did I find
21481213.png
this girl, but when I went looking for a mate for her, I found
21279500.png
this boy. Months, potentially years of breeding, and a LOT of money for iri/shim/glimm and coatl scrolls all history.

SO, all that means that chances are, if you have a 'perfect' dragon, but not the correct sex? There is going to be the 'perfect' dragon with the correct sex soon, or already is one. It might not be the right breed, which unless you want an imperial, can be changed to. Might not be the correct genes, which can all be changed to. (*sigh* I need two glimmer scrolls)

No support. This game doesn't need to be any easier in the breeding aspect than it already is.

However, pose change scrolls, or even a scroll that would render the dragon infertile and unable to breed I support.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
1 2