Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | [new breed] Sirrush - male added
1 2 3 4 5
I had fun with the Riptide before, thought I'd give a hoofed dragon a go:

derrdergboy_zpslqxx029z.png
Male Sirrush - white/red/basic

Plains%20derg_zpskmdptkew.png
Female Sirrush - avocado/lemon/basic

derrdergbab_zpsok3ah9ay.png
Hatchling - aqua/fire/basic

Obtained: In my dreams~
Rarity: Super rare. You don't have one.
Breeding Cooldown: TBA
Diet: Plants

Overview
Sirrush are a secretive species that hails from the Reedcleft Ascent where the majority of their population still resides. Always on the move, herds of sirrush bound up and down the slopes, catching the breeze with their sail-like wings.

Physical Attributes
Sirrush are fast, agile dragons with light frames, although their most striking feature are their fan-like wings, made from specialized ribs. Although these surfaces are incapable of achieving true powered flight, they allow the light-boned sirrush to glide some distance, turning their powerful jumps into soaring, graceful leaps. A herd of sirrush can seem to leap and frolic over seas of grasses like a pod of playful landbound dolphins. Being an herbivorous species, sirrush migrate up and down the slopes of their homeland, selecting only the freshest, most tender reeds to feed on, although in a pinch they can digest even tough grasses and tree bark.

Social
Among their own species, sirrush are boisterous and playful - every activity can be turned into a reason to gallop about, and they enjoy friendly rivalry and competition. They can be somewhat shy in mixed clans, but get along best with other species that share their naturally jovial disposition - spirals and fae especially - and they warm to tundras given time and their shared leafy diet, which allows for ample time to bond. Because their hooves do not allow for fine manipulation of objects, most of sirrush culture is passed down orally. Within a clan, the most adept storyteller holds the highest position.

Lairs
Sirrush tend not to construct lairs for themselves, and will find cover under brush to bed down with their herd at the end of the day. Their migratory nature tends to keep them out of the worst weather, and they prefer sleeping under the sky to bedding down in a cave or natural hollow. In a mixed clan, sirrush will opt to sleep outside when weather permits, and inside of the largest chambers or close to the entrance otherwise.

Tactics
Being very light-boned, sirrush avoid combat where possible, preferring to use their impressive speed and natural agility to give their enemies the slip. In defense of their young and clan-mates and where escape is impossible, sirrush unleash their impressive magical might, utilizing hit-and-run tactics to keep their enemies off-balance. A favourite tactic is for multiple sirrush to use wind-based magic to dizzy and stagger their foes, and then escape while the enemy is disoriented. Sirrush can also deliver a surprisingly nasty kick with their strong back legs, but close combat is almost always a last resort.
I had fun with the Riptide before, thought I'd give a hoofed dragon a go:

derrdergboy_zpslqxx029z.png
Male Sirrush - white/red/basic

Plains%20derg_zpskmdptkew.png
Female Sirrush - avocado/lemon/basic

derrdergbab_zpsok3ah9ay.png
Hatchling - aqua/fire/basic

Obtained: In my dreams~
Rarity: Super rare. You don't have one.
Breeding Cooldown: TBA
Diet: Plants

Overview
Sirrush are a secretive species that hails from the Reedcleft Ascent where the majority of their population still resides. Always on the move, herds of sirrush bound up and down the slopes, catching the breeze with their sail-like wings.

Physical Attributes
Sirrush are fast, agile dragons with light frames, although their most striking feature are their fan-like wings, made from specialized ribs. Although these surfaces are incapable of achieving true powered flight, they allow the light-boned sirrush to glide some distance, turning their powerful jumps into soaring, graceful leaps. A herd of sirrush can seem to leap and frolic over seas of grasses like a pod of playful landbound dolphins. Being an herbivorous species, sirrush migrate up and down the slopes of their homeland, selecting only the freshest, most tender reeds to feed on, although in a pinch they can digest even tough grasses and tree bark.

Social
Among their own species, sirrush are boisterous and playful - every activity can be turned into a reason to gallop about, and they enjoy friendly rivalry and competition. They can be somewhat shy in mixed clans, but get along best with other species that share their naturally jovial disposition - spirals and fae especially - and they warm to tundras given time and their shared leafy diet, which allows for ample time to bond. Because their hooves do not allow for fine manipulation of objects, most of sirrush culture is passed down orally. Within a clan, the most adept storyteller holds the highest position.

Lairs
Sirrush tend not to construct lairs for themselves, and will find cover under brush to bed down with their herd at the end of the day. Their migratory nature tends to keep them out of the worst weather, and they prefer sleeping under the sky to bedding down in a cave or natural hollow. In a mixed clan, sirrush will opt to sleep outside when weather permits, and inside of the largest chambers or close to the entrance otherwise.

Tactics
Being very light-boned, sirrush avoid combat where possible, preferring to use their impressive speed and natural agility to give their enemies the slip. In defense of their young and clan-mates and where escape is impossible, sirrush unleash their impressive magical might, utilizing hit-and-run tactics to keep their enemies off-balance. A favourite tactic is for multiple sirrush to use wind-based magic to dizzy and stagger their foes, and then escape while the enemy is disoriented. Sirrush can also deliver a surprisingly nasty kick with their strong back legs, but close combat is almost always a last resort.
RFX4miZ.png
Support! I need all of these, yes.
Support! I need all of these, yes.
Hugs? Hugs!
37132792_350.png
Really neat. I support! Id have a small army... oh yes...
Really neat. I support! Id have a small army... oh yes...
I would love another breed that only eats plants. I also really like the description you've provided for them. I'd have at least 200 in my lair for sure >:v
I would love another breed that only eats plants. I also really like the description you've provided for them. I'd have at least 200 in my lair for sure >:v
ooh wonderful! Support!
ooh wonderful! Support!
11512.png Wishlist
Sell Thread
Liquidation
xxx LF Dragons
Auction
Hatchery
Accent shop
xxx Art shop
Coding Shop
Coli Info
Mage Leveling Guide
@Timiculous

Is it alright if I make a mock up of the male? Because I have this nice image for it, and I see some opportunities for some sexual dimorphism in this species?
@Timiculous

Is it alright if I make a mock up of the male? Because I have this nice image for it, and I see some opportunities for some sexual dimorphism in this species?
Hugs? Hugs!
37132792_350.png
@Kanestiel Please do! I'll add it to the original post with credit - I was thinking there'd be some dimorphism, yeah.
@Kanestiel Please do! I'll add it to the original post with credit - I was thinking there'd be some dimorphism, yeah.
RFX4miZ.png
Support! I really like how unique it is.
Support! I really like how unique it is.
So graceful! And yeah, we def.need a plant eater that isn't Tundra. Floofballs or not, Tundras aren't that popular.....Total support.
So graceful! And yeah, we def.need a plant eater that isn't Tundra. Floofballs or not, Tundras aren't that popular.....Total support.
Support! I felt the need for a hoofed breed for far to long! :)
Support! I felt the need for a hoofed breed for far to long! :)
NIWcCbT.png2ymai6s.pngAFSrXd8.gif
1 2 3 4 5