Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [COLI]HEY, you. (Mage build info needed)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
So here I am, I'm in the process of building a mage leveling/statting and farming guide and I need all the mage info!

Needed Data:

Specific builds (when suggesting/posting build please put stones, and common pros and cons you've found with certain areas/mobs)

ALL MAGES OF ALL FLIGHTS AND BUILDS

if you've been leveling a mage by hand i'll need every single detail you can possibly spare me, I need quite the amount of Data !

Elemental Bolts vs. Elemental Spells Effectiveness (Ie: Leaf bolt vs Envenom)

Using 1 scholar 2 hybrid shard, 2 scholar 1 hybrid shard, 3 scholar no hybrid shard and all hybrid shard builds and effectiveness

Two discipline build vs 1 Ambush 1 discipline vs 2 Ambush builds

Using contuse vs Replacing it

Concentration vs no concentation

All defense or all mind central mages or mages that are pure damagers

Quite possibly any info on any mixed mages (str (and) int mages who use meditate to substitute scratch and shred/eliminate enemies)

(please ping me at @Astriferious; please do not forget the i after the second r)

mods please dont move this to guide this is more of an impromptu thing to assist people as i make the actual guide to gather data

Actual work in progress leveling guide
So here I am, I'm in the process of building a mage leveling/statting and farming guide and I need all the mage info!

Needed Data:

Specific builds (when suggesting/posting build please put stones, and common pros and cons you've found with certain areas/mobs)

ALL MAGES OF ALL FLIGHTS AND BUILDS

if you've been leveling a mage by hand i'll need every single detail you can possibly spare me, I need quite the amount of Data !

Elemental Bolts vs. Elemental Spells Effectiveness (Ie: Leaf bolt vs Envenom)

Using 1 scholar 2 hybrid shard, 2 scholar 1 hybrid shard, 3 scholar no hybrid shard and all hybrid shard builds and effectiveness

Two discipline build vs 1 Ambush 1 discipline vs 2 Ambush builds

Using contuse vs Replacing it

Concentration vs no concentation

All defense or all mind central mages or mages that are pure damagers

Quite possibly any info on any mixed mages (str (and) int mages who use meditate to substitute scratch and shred/eliminate enemies)

(please ping me at @Astriferious; please do not forget the i after the second r)

mods please dont move this to guide this is more of an impromptu thing to assist people as i make the actual guide to gather data

Actual work in progress leveling guide
11512.png Wishlist
Sell Thread
Liquidation
xxx LF Dragons
Auction
Hatchery
Accent shop
xxx Art shop
Coding Shop
Coli Info
Mage Leveling Guide
[center][color=#daa520][font=Gabriola][size=7]Some cool general mage builds[/size] [size=5]it looks cool right ? I just need lvl 25's to put them on[/size][/font][/color] A Brief Overview of Mage types: ----- Defense Centric Mage (perfect for withstanding the brutality of mammertees) [img]http://i.imgur.com/HqD54jd.png[/img] Stone overview:Meditate*,Contuse*, Bolster, Haste*, Aid, Scholar(x3) Build: High Int, High Def, Med Vit, Low Agi Note:Contuse can be switched out for an elemental bolt, elemental ability or guard(reccomended) Haste can be swapped out for concentration or reflect Meditate can be possibly switched for Anticipate but i reccomend Meditate ----- Magic Wall Mage (great for braving through mantarunes.) [img]http://i.imgur.com/BThjGjU.png[/img] Stone overview:Meditate, Contuse*, Reflect, Ward, Aid, Scholar(x3),Ambush , Discipline Build: High Mind, High Vit, Med Qck, Low Def Note:Ambush can be substituted for Discipline Contuse can be substituted for haste, but is reccomended to cut down on enemy INT ----- Boss leveler/grinder Mage (well suited for Golems workshop, good for Mantarunes/Wavesweepers* depending on element) [img]http://i.imgur.com/ea1bigo.png[/img] Stone overview:Meditate, Elemental bolt*, Elemental Spell*, Aid, Rally*, Scholar(x3),Discipline(x2) Build:105 Int/86 Qck/7 Def/7 Mind (untinctured) Note:Elemental bolt can be changed to match mage's element Can be swapped out for matching elemental ability/Concentrate or reflect Rally can be swapped out for concentrate if your team is more mage-dominated Built for slower battles and with use with a physical grinder*.(if using rally) ----- Faster boss leveling/grinding mage (if you want to amp up the speed) [img]http://i.imgur.com/C9C0ekc.png[/img] Stone overview:Meditate, Elemental bolt*, Haste, Aid, Rally*, Scholar(x3),Discipline(x2) Build:105 Int/86 Qck/7 Def/7 Mind (untinctured) Note:Elemental bolt can be changed to match mage's element Can be swapped out for matching elemental ability/Concentrate Rally can be swapped out for concentrate if your team is more mage-dominated ----- Elemental Ravager (Mage version of Glass cannon) [img]http://i.imgur.com/P0rtNhW.png[/img] Build: High Quick, High Int, Med Agi (Data needed): reccomended tinctured Note:Elemental items can be changed according to element of dragon Discipline can be switched for another ambush, but at the cost of having a lower breath output. ----- Scout/Rogue Mage (Perfect for seeking whats going on with your enemy) [img]http://i.imgur.com/jjo5sEJ.png[/img] Build:High Agi, High Int, Med Qck, Extra points go into qck or def Note: Discipline can be swapped out for ambush (optional) Envenom can be swapped out for any elemental bolt/ability ----- Healbot Build by @Sunreon (can't help myself, sometimes I have to relive the Warcraft glory days). Super fast so she just spams heals. Int 100 / QCK 94 / Agi 9 / Vit 17 I used the stat counters from the other guides to figure out about how much int I would need to heal ~about~ half (little more than half, maybe) of a base level 25 dragon without any extra points in Vit. That's how much int she has. Stones: meditate contuse, aid, rally, haste (strongly considering swapping in a reflect. If I were taking a mage that was minmax flight-wise into the golem workshop I would give them the top tier elemental attack),scholar x3,ambush x2 The very popular method of building a mage is to take the culex build and swap STR for Int. But I have a feeling that if you are bringing along a mage for the defense instead of the offense, the numbers could be more efficiently worked. (Need to put this in text compatible format) @rubisco 's modified glasscannon QCK 59/ INT 123 /VIT 23 Three scholars, (I believe two ambushes, or maybe one ambush one discipline),
Some cool general mage builds
it looks cool right ? I just need lvl 25's to put them on

A Brief Overview of Mage types:
Defense Centric Mage
(perfect for withstanding the brutality of mammertees)
HqD54jd.png
Stone overview:Meditate*,Contuse*, Bolster, Haste*, Aid, Scholar(x3)
Build: High Int, High Def, Med Vit, Low Agi
Note:Contuse can be switched out for an elemental bolt, elemental ability or guard(reccomended)
Haste can be swapped out for concentration or reflect
Meditate can be possibly switched for Anticipate but i reccomend Meditate
Magic Wall Mage
(great for braving through mantarunes.)
BThjGjU.png
Stone overview:Meditate, Contuse*, Reflect, Ward, Aid, Scholar(x3),Ambush , Discipline
Build: High Mind, High Vit, Med Qck, Low Def
Note:Ambush can be substituted for Discipline
Contuse can be substituted for haste, but is reccomended to cut down on enemy INT
Boss leveler/grinder Mage
(well suited for Golems workshop, good for Mantarunes/Wavesweepers* depending on element)
ea1bigo.png
Stone overview:Meditate, Elemental bolt*, Elemental Spell*, Aid, Rally*, Scholar(x3),Discipline(x2)
Build:105 Int/86 Qck/7 Def/7 Mind (untinctured)
Note:Elemental bolt can be changed to match mage's element
Can be swapped out for matching elemental ability/Concentrate or reflect
Rally can be swapped out for concentrate if your team is more mage-dominated
Built for slower battles and with use with a physical grinder*.(if using rally)
Faster boss leveling/grinding mage
(if you want to amp up the speed)
C9C0ekc.png
Stone overview:Meditate, Elemental bolt*, Haste, Aid, Rally*, Scholar(x3),Discipline(x2)
Build:105 Int/86 Qck/7 Def/7 Mind (untinctured)
Note:Elemental bolt can be changed to match mage's element
Can be swapped out for matching elemental ability/Concentrate
Rally can be swapped out for concentrate if your team is more mage-dominated
Elemental Ravager
(Mage version of Glass cannon)
P0rtNhW.png
Build: High Quick, High Int, Med Agi (Data needed): reccomended tinctured
Note:Elemental items can be changed according to element of dragon
Discipline can be switched for another ambush, but at the cost of having a lower breath output.
Scout/Rogue Mage
(Perfect for seeking whats going on with your enemy)
jjo5sEJ.png
Build:High Agi, High Int, Med Qck, Extra points go into qck or def
Note: Discipline can be swapped out for ambush (optional)
Envenom can be swapped out for any elemental bolt/ability

Healbot Build by @Sunreon
(can't help myself, sometimes I have to relive the Warcraft glory days). Super fast so she just spams heals.

Int 100 / QCK 94 / Agi 9 / Vit 17

I used the stat counters from the other guides to figure out about how much int I would need to heal ~about~ half (little more than half, maybe) of a base level 25 dragon without any extra points in Vit. That's how much int she has.

Stones:
meditate
contuse, aid, rally, haste (strongly considering swapping in a reflect. If I were taking a mage that was minmax flight-wise into the golem workshop I would give them the top tier elemental attack),scholar x3,ambush x2
The very popular method of building a mage is to take the culex build and swap STR for Int. But I have a feeling that if you are bringing along a mage for the defense instead of the offense, the numbers could be more efficiently worked.

(Need to put this in text compatible format)

@rubisco 's modified glasscannon
QCK 59/ INT 123 /VIT 23
Three scholars, (I believe two ambushes, or maybe one ambush one discipline),
11512.png Wishlist
Sell Thread
Liquidation
xxx LF Dragons
Auction
Hatchery
Accent shop
xxx Art shop
Coding Shop
Coli Info
Mage Leveling Guide
Things that I'll need to begin experimentation for the best mage builds:
Lvl 25's of all flights (one or two apiece, if one, cue lots of tinctures being used)
All mage related stones
Lots of time
Lvl 7's, 12's and 18's to somewhat track between level increases

Mire Mage Process: Currently trying out multiple builds, its currently moving along slower, slowly tinkering with the stats

I would reccomend keeping contuse w/ mire mages.

Currently loosely built around Kiena's Doublefodder build. Probably will halve def and vit. Testing out increased Agi stat
Things that I'll need to begin experimentation for the best mage builds:
Lvl 25's of all flights (one or two apiece, if one, cue lots of tinctures being used)
All mage related stones
Lots of time
Lvl 7's, 12's and 18's to somewhat track between level increases

Mire Mage Process: Currently trying out multiple builds, its currently moving along slower, slowly tinkering with the stats

I would reccomend keeping contuse w/ mire mages.

Currently loosely built around Kiena's Doublefodder build. Probably will halve def and vit. Testing out increased Agi stat
11512.png Wishlist
Sell Thread
Liquidation
xxx LF Dragons
Auction
Hatchery
Accent shop
xxx Art shop
Coding Shop
Coli Info
Mage Leveling Guide
bump (pls tell me abt ur mages)
bump (pls tell me abt ur mages)
11512.png Wishlist
Sell Thread
Liquidation
xxx LF Dragons
Auction
Hatchery
Accent shop
xxx Art shop
Coding Shop
Coli Info
Mage Leveling Guide
Oh my, that's more than I can go into at present. So /saved

I'm currently experimenting on a mage that favors quickness over int, so it basically has perm-haste with buff spells. The only down side so far is when everything is hasted and buffed it's kinda annoying in the rotation. So I may prefer my normal mage that is the standard eliminate build with int instead of strength and magely skills instead of melee.
Oh my, that's more than I can go into at present. So /saved

I'm currently experimenting on a mage that favors quickness over int, so it basically has perm-haste with buff spells. The only down side so far is when everything is hasted and buffed it's kinda annoying in the rotation. So I may prefer my normal mage that is the standard eliminate build with int instead of strength and magely skills instead of melee.
MS1.gifMS2.pngMS3.pngMS4.pngMS5.png
Threads not updated currently, art is FPO
Oh man I don't use mages in the Coli anymore butttt @sunreon I hope you don't mind if I ping you?? The last time I had a mage setup I think I used your build setup with Meena and it worked wonders c:
Oh man I don't use mages in the Coli anymore butttt @sunreon I hope you don't mind if I ping you?? The last time I had a mage setup I think I used your build setup with Meena and it worked wonders c:
This fellow is the only mage I have currently, and he isn't in the scholar range yet (though he will be getting them once he hits seventeen; I'm just so slow with leveling). Scholars give more boosts then hybrid fragments, though I'm using them as he levels up because they're better than arcane mind fragments.

I'm going for a mix of healer and mage, and am statting him according to Kiena's guide with int instead of strength.

I'm going to be keeping contuse for the fact that it lowers the damage output of the target.

I tried the elemental arcane spell, but......it didn't seem to do any damage? Or anything? Maybe it's just some sort of glitch. I haven't tried the orb yet, because I only have one and don't want to try it and decide I want something else for him. *shrugs, because I am a simple dragon farmer who knows nothing*

I also put on Aid and haste, but I don't really use haste, personally.

Hmmm...I also put on 1 ambush/1 discipline. The pros are that it's much cheaper then two ambush stones, and speeds up some of the breathbuilding. The cons is he gets less turns than he would otherwise.

You almost definitely already knew that. All of it.

If you have any sort of other questions for me or would like any other info on Forscythe, feel free to ping or pm.
This fellow is the only mage I have currently, and he isn't in the scholar range yet (though he will be getting them once he hits seventeen; I'm just so slow with leveling). Scholars give more boosts then hybrid fragments, though I'm using them as he levels up because they're better than arcane mind fragments.

I'm going for a mix of healer and mage, and am statting him according to Kiena's guide with int instead of strength.

I'm going to be keeping contuse for the fact that it lowers the damage output of the target.

I tried the elemental arcane spell, but......it didn't seem to do any damage? Or anything? Maybe it's just some sort of glitch. I haven't tried the orb yet, because I only have one and don't want to try it and decide I want something else for him. *shrugs, because I am a simple dragon farmer who knows nothing*

I also put on Aid and haste, but I don't really use haste, personally.

Hmmm...I also put on 1 ambush/1 discipline. The pros are that it's much cheaper then two ambush stones, and speeds up some of the breathbuilding. The cons is he gets less turns than he would otherwise.

You almost definitely already knew that. All of it.

If you have any sort of other questions for me or would like any other info on Forscythe, feel free to ping or pm.
@Astriferious, I'm really interested in this guide! It's been a little frustrating to me that there isn't one, and I basically just guessed how to stat my two mages so far. Thanks for doing this!

@Sheliak so I can find this later!

I've currently got one Level 25 Light mage and an Ice mage in progress (currently Level 11). I haven't really experimented enough to draw many conclusions, but I hope my information will be useful nonetheless!

So far I've left Contuse on both my mages. I like having an elementally neutral attack that can substitute for a Scratch in the pinch. I also like to use it on enemies that I know I won't be able to kill for a turn or two (usually the bosses); I'm always happier if they do less damage, even if it's not by much.

My Light mage, Alhena, has 121 INT and 66 QCK; I started with the "modified glass canon" build and gave her extra speed in the last couple of levels. Her Contuse does very slightly less damage than my fighters' Scratch (they've got 126 STR). It's close enough that I can substitute her Contuse for one of the fighters' Scratch, i.e. kill an enemy with Contuse-Eliminate rather than Scratch-Eliminate.

Enamor is the only elemental attack she has equipped, and I didn't use it much before Rainsong Jungle came out. Since then, I've been using it a lot because I found out that it can kill the Shadow/Plague/Wind enemies in the Jungle in one shot. (It doesn't do quite as much damage as my fighters' Eliminate, maybe 100 HP less?) I've never put Bright Bolt on her so I have no idea how well it works in comparison.

As far as I can tell, Enamor's status effect is still broken. I've never gotten it to work, anyway.

I gave her Aid, which works pretty well (her teammates are glass canon types, so the battles tend to end very quickly unless they're fighting a boss. No time for Regenerate to act!) I know that Regenerate gives more health if it has the chance to complete, but Aid is usually enough to bring one of Alhena's team to full health or nearly so, so I don't think the loss matters much.

Alhena has two Disciplines. It works out well for me, but I've never actually tried anything else.

My Ice mage Willia is part of what I call my bargain basement team. I was experimenting by outfitting them as cheaply as possible--no Ambush, hybrid fragments instead of elemental acuity ones, Regenerate instead of Aid. For her, I'm currently using Culex's build with INT substituted for STR. Because of the glass hybrid fragments I used for her, she has a slight boost to her QCK compared to the original build at this level. Since her team's battles tend to be slower (due to not having Ambush on anybody), Regenerate works out fairly well as long as I cast it as soon as possible in the battle. It does have the advantage of still continuing to act if the healer is "killed".

Since the team is kind of a work in progress, I'm not sure yet how using hybrid fragments instead of acuity fragments is going to work out. So far they're a workable team, but not wonderful.

Willia has Congeal as her one elemental attack. It's kind of fun to be able to save an enemy for later, although the status effect only works sometimes.

I briefly had Concentration on Alhena, but I didn't find it very useful and have since overwritten it with Rally. I've been meaning to try it again with a two-mage team, but I don't think I'll have time for that experiment until this summer.

Links to my mages for stat comparison purposes:

Alhena, Contuse/Enamor/Aid/Rally, 3 Scholars, 2 Disciplines:
http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=103121&tab=dragon&did=6949944

Wilia, Contuse/Regenerate/Congeal, 3 Glass Hybrid Fragments
http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=103121&tab=dragon&did=6447434
@Astriferious, I'm really interested in this guide! It's been a little frustrating to me that there isn't one, and I basically just guessed how to stat my two mages so far. Thanks for doing this!

@Sheliak so I can find this later!

I've currently got one Level 25 Light mage and an Ice mage in progress (currently Level 11). I haven't really experimented enough to draw many conclusions, but I hope my information will be useful nonetheless!

So far I've left Contuse on both my mages. I like having an elementally neutral attack that can substitute for a Scratch in the pinch. I also like to use it on enemies that I know I won't be able to kill for a turn or two (usually the bosses); I'm always happier if they do less damage, even if it's not by much.

My Light mage, Alhena, has 121 INT and 66 QCK; I started with the "modified glass canon" build and gave her extra speed in the last couple of levels. Her Contuse does very slightly less damage than my fighters' Scratch (they've got 126 STR). It's close enough that I can substitute her Contuse for one of the fighters' Scratch, i.e. kill an enemy with Contuse-Eliminate rather than Scratch-Eliminate.

Enamor is the only elemental attack she has equipped, and I didn't use it much before Rainsong Jungle came out. Since then, I've been using it a lot because I found out that it can kill the Shadow/Plague/Wind enemies in the Jungle in one shot. (It doesn't do quite as much damage as my fighters' Eliminate, maybe 100 HP less?) I've never put Bright Bolt on her so I have no idea how well it works in comparison.

As far as I can tell, Enamor's status effect is still broken. I've never gotten it to work, anyway.

I gave her Aid, which works pretty well (her teammates are glass canon types, so the battles tend to end very quickly unless they're fighting a boss. No time for Regenerate to act!) I know that Regenerate gives more health if it has the chance to complete, but Aid is usually enough to bring one of Alhena's team to full health or nearly so, so I don't think the loss matters much.

Alhena has two Disciplines. It works out well for me, but I've never actually tried anything else.

My Ice mage Willia is part of what I call my bargain basement team. I was experimenting by outfitting them as cheaply as possible--no Ambush, hybrid fragments instead of elemental acuity ones, Regenerate instead of Aid. For her, I'm currently using Culex's build with INT substituted for STR. Because of the glass hybrid fragments I used for her, she has a slight boost to her QCK compared to the original build at this level. Since her team's battles tend to be slower (due to not having Ambush on anybody), Regenerate works out fairly well as long as I cast it as soon as possible in the battle. It does have the advantage of still continuing to act if the healer is "killed".

Since the team is kind of a work in progress, I'm not sure yet how using hybrid fragments instead of acuity fragments is going to work out. So far they're a workable team, but not wonderful.

Willia has Congeal as her one elemental attack. It's kind of fun to be able to save an enemy for later, although the status effect only works sometimes.

I briefly had Concentration on Alhena, but I didn't find it very useful and have since overwritten it with Rally. I've been meaning to try it again with a two-mage team, but I don't think I'll have time for that experiment until this summer.

Links to my mages for stat comparison purposes:

Alhena, Contuse/Enamor/Aid/Rally, 3 Scholars, 2 Disciplines:
http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=103121&tab=dragon&did=6949944

Wilia, Contuse/Regenerate/Congeal, 3 Glass Hybrid Fragments
http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=103121&tab=dragon&did=6447434
1ezfoMg.png Fxte6bi.jpg 59TgHaL.png
@IronPen
Always useful things like these.
@IronPen
Always useful things like these.
zBb62uZ.pngkiukE70.png1.png
>> totally stalking this thread for mage build ideas but also @Nott, just to let you know I think the Arcane elemental spell is glitched--it does damage but not immediately. It's more obvious when your dragons get hit with it than when your dragons use it, I think, because if you're hit with it nothing happens until the next battle, which is when the health bar drops to register the hit :\

which is...totally useless for enemies, since they don't come back the next battle.
>> totally stalking this thread for mage build ideas but also @Nott, just to let you know I think the Arcane elemental spell is glitched--it does damage but not immediately. It's more obvious when your dragons get hit with it than when your dragons use it, I think, because if you're hit with it nothing happens until the next battle, which is when the health bar drops to register the hit :\

which is...totally useless for enemies, since they don't come back the next battle.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11