Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Option to join Beastclan as a Flight?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
No support.

If this had been implemented in the beginning, it would have been fine. However, this is a dragon breeding site and I do not think you should be able to play the dragon's biggest enemy in a dragon breeding game because that would make no sense.

How would familiars work? Would beastclans have dragons as familiars? I don't think that dragon would allow themselves to be familiars and they would just kill anyone who tried to make them familiars, and it would not be fair to exclude people in the beastclans from that feature.

How would the coliseum work? Would beastclans be fighting dragons? Right now, dragons are a lot stronger than the beastclans and you would easily be destroyed. Plus adding that would take a lot of work I would rather they spent on something else, and it's very not fair to exclude people from the coliseum considering it is one of the best ways to earn money on this site.

How about the trading post? Would there be a longneck copying Baldwin? How about Pinkerton? Crim? Tomo? Swipp?

When would the holiday be? How would apparel work? Genes? Breeds? Breeding? What species would be included? How about their deity?

Beastclans are not meant to be played. Some things are meant to be a non-playable thing and beastclans are one of them. This would take so much work, exclude people from certain things, and for something that doesn't even make sense in lore and for the site. It does not make any sense for a dragon breeding game to have months of work so people can play there enemy. Nice idea but it wouldn't work.
No support.

If this had been implemented in the beginning, it would have been fine. However, this is a dragon breeding site and I do not think you should be able to play the dragon's biggest enemy in a dragon breeding game because that would make no sense.

How would familiars work? Would beastclans have dragons as familiars? I don't think that dragon would allow themselves to be familiars and they would just kill anyone who tried to make them familiars, and it would not be fair to exclude people in the beastclans from that feature.

How would the coliseum work? Would beastclans be fighting dragons? Right now, dragons are a lot stronger than the beastclans and you would easily be destroyed. Plus adding that would take a lot of work I would rather they spent on something else, and it's very not fair to exclude people from the coliseum considering it is one of the best ways to earn money on this site.

How about the trading post? Would there be a longneck copying Baldwin? How about Pinkerton? Crim? Tomo? Swipp?

When would the holiday be? How would apparel work? Genes? Breeds? Breeding? What species would be included? How about their deity?

Beastclans are not meant to be played. Some things are meant to be a non-playable thing and beastclans are one of them. This would take so much work, exclude people from certain things, and for something that doesn't even make sense in lore and for the site. It does not make any sense for a dragon breeding game to have months of work so people can play there enemy. Nice idea but it wouldn't work.
I could see this being really cool, but as a new location in the territories. After all, it seems like the Beastclans already live in territory ruled over by this-and-that deity and they don't really seem to have their own (this world has a grand number of gods, and I don't think we need any more...). So I don't think this idea would work as a Beastclan having a proper "Flight" of its own.

However, in Wind territory for example, there are Harpy clans and Longneck clans. So what if, instead of having your lair location change with size (as has been suggested before... I'll look for it and add it here if I can find it), the added new locations to correspond with the Beastclans in your area? Like a lair in a place called Harpy's Nest or Longneck Bivouac or something.

To make it even more interesting, what if such areas could only be unlocked by awakening a corresponding familiar?

All in all, I think Flights are for dragons elements, which is stated in lore that the dragons basically have to be born under one of the deities to survive. I don't think the Beastclans have their own element that dragons could be born with. But they don't seem to occupy any land that isn't ruled by a deity with an element already anyway. They sort of share the space with dragons.

But if we're looking for a short of badge to mark a clan as being aligned with them, this could do that. Living with the Beastclans that share a Flight's territory would be awesome. And it wouldn't have to change anything else about the game and maybe even make certain familiars more desirable!

As far as the actual player-run clans of beasts... That sounds like a job for another site entirely. I'm happy with the Beastclan members being familiars.

EDIT: This is the sort of suggestion I was talking about regarding the location of the lair. Which I hope something like this happens anyway.
I could see this being really cool, but as a new location in the territories. After all, it seems like the Beastclans already live in territory ruled over by this-and-that deity and they don't really seem to have their own (this world has a grand number of gods, and I don't think we need any more...). So I don't think this idea would work as a Beastclan having a proper "Flight" of its own.

However, in Wind territory for example, there are Harpy clans and Longneck clans. So what if, instead of having your lair location change with size (as has been suggested before... I'll look for it and add it here if I can find it), the added new locations to correspond with the Beastclans in your area? Like a lair in a place called Harpy's Nest or Longneck Bivouac or something.

To make it even more interesting, what if such areas could only be unlocked by awakening a corresponding familiar?

All in all, I think Flights are for dragons elements, which is stated in lore that the dragons basically have to be born under one of the deities to survive. I don't think the Beastclans have their own element that dragons could be born with. But they don't seem to occupy any land that isn't ruled by a deity with an element already anyway. They sort of share the space with dragons.

But if we're looking for a short of badge to mark a clan as being aligned with them, this could do that. Living with the Beastclans that share a Flight's territory would be awesome. And it wouldn't have to change anything else about the game and maybe even make certain familiars more desirable!

As far as the actual player-run clans of beasts... That sounds like a job for another site entirely. I'm happy with the Beastclan members being familiars.

EDIT: This is the sort of suggestion I was talking about regarding the location of the lair. Which I hope something like this happens anyway.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
@GrumpyCatlover You may want to take a gander at the suggestion forum policy- quoting another player or stating "support"/"no support" with no explanation is prohibited and I noticed you exclusively do both of these. Wouldn't want to see you reprimanded because of it :)

Suggestions forum policy
@GrumpyCatlover You may want to take a gander at the suggestion forum policy- quoting another player or stating "support"/"no support" with no explanation is prohibited and I noticed you exclusively do both of these. Wouldn't want to see you reprimanded because of it :)

Suggestions forum policy
@chespin
yeah i read those after i posted my comments thanks though '-3-
@chespin
yeah i read those after i posted my comments thanks though '-3-
I have synesthesia 6kglit91v0.gif
Maybe instead of an option for joining beast clan, there could be an option to become independent of any flight like some have suggested in the past.

This would work better with the lore I think.
Maybe instead of an option for joining beast clan, there could be an option to become independent of any flight like some have suggested in the past.

This would work better with the lore I think.
give and get weird ugly soap or stained game game
Give & get space tertiary game
give & get medusa tertiary game
pretty dergs for sale v2 (open) next bargain bin next
wyvern-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif
@monkfishlover

Dragons cannot live without an element. So, without the power of the gods, they'd die
@monkfishlover

Dragons cannot live without an element. So, without the power of the gods, they'd die
no opinion either way, just ideas as to how it could work, it would be a flight you have to join later, you're nest could probably stay whatever element you where previously, or the elements of hatchlings could be randomized(?), the nesting option may also be disabled for beastclan, although, I guess the dragons could be a neutral element, most likely grey, with no primal eyes, I kinda like the idea of neutral element dragons, in all honesty, I've heard they wouldn't survive, but I'm not sure if thats confirmed or not
no opinion either way, just ideas as to how it could work, it would be a flight you have to join later, you're nest could probably stay whatever element you where previously, or the elements of hatchlings could be randomized(?), the nesting option may also be disabled for beastclan, although, I guess the dragons could be a neutral element, most likely grey, with no primal eyes, I kinda like the idea of neutral element dragons, in all honesty, I've heard they wouldn't survive, but I'm not sure if thats confirmed or not
the "reptilian" in my name only has one l
[quote name="@TheReptilianOwl" date="2018-08-19 12:09:59" ] no opinion either way, just ideas as to how it could work, it would be a flight you have to join later, you're nest could probably stay whatever element you where previously, or the elements of hatchlings could be randomized(?), the nesting option may also be disabled for beastclan, although, I guess the dragons could be a neutral element, most likely grey, with no primal eyes, I kinda like the idea of neutral element dragons, in all honesty, I've heard they wouldn't survive, but I'm not sure if thats confirmed or not [/quote] While it actually hasn't been confirmed if DRAGONS with neutral elements would be viable or not, it HAS been confirmed that eggs laid outside the elemental influences of flight grounds would not hatch. They would (presumably) sit there until they are brought to an area where the deities influence the magic. So, therefore, you cannot have hatchlings with grey eyes as they simply wouldn't hatch out of an egg without elemental magic and the elemental magic is what causes their eyes to change color. It has been said, I believe, that dragons who drain their magic are extremely weakened for the rest of their life, or even die. Let me see if I can find the quotes about those. Will edit them in later [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1327998/56#post_12309459]Quote link[/url] [quote][quote]What would happen to eggs that are laid on land that has no deity's influence or magic like a chunk of random land or island far from where the main lands (the ones on the official FR map)? Would the eggs die since they don't have any deity's magic to absorb from the land or they would be element-less and have no elemental powers to fight? Example of situation: A female dragon that is ready to lay her eggs was somehow blown away during a travel by a hurricane and was sent out to the open sea. She found herself lost and couldn't find her homeland, but she was able to find an island for refuge. Then it was time to lay her eggs. What would happen to those eggs on a land without a deity's power?[/quote] Eggs laid outside of the influence of elemental forces would be unable to hatch; dragons are innately tied to their elements and those without one would be unable to survive. [/quote] Huh... I completely forgot that second part, so apparently the question HAS been answered...
@TheReptilianOwl wrote on 2018-08-19 12:09:59:
While it actually hasn't been confirmed if DRAGONS with neutral elements would be viable or not, it HAS been confirmed that eggs laid outside the elemental influences of flight grounds would not hatch. They would (presumably) sit there until they are brought to an area where the deities influence the magic. So, therefore, you cannot have hatchlings with grey eyes as they simply wouldn't hatch out of an egg without elemental magic and the elemental magic is what causes their eyes to change color.

It has been said, I believe, that dragons who drain their magic are extremely weakened for the rest of their life, or even die.

Let me see if I can find the quotes about those. Will edit them in later

Quote link
Quote:
Quote:
What would happen to eggs that are laid on land that has no deity's influence or magic like a chunk of random land or island far from where the main lands (the ones on the official FR map)? Would the eggs die since they don't have any deity's magic to absorb from the land or they would be element-less and have no elemental powers to fight?

Example of situation:
A female dragon that is ready to lay her eggs was somehow blown away during a travel by a hurricane and was sent out to the open sea. She found herself lost and couldn't find her homeland, but she was able to find an island for refuge. Then it was time to lay her eggs. What would happen to those eggs on a land without a deity's power?
Eggs laid outside of the influence of elemental forces would be unable to hatch; dragons are innately tied to their elements and those without one would be unable to survive.

Huh... I completely forgot that second part, so apparently the question HAS been answered...

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
@Jemadar that is genuinely interesting, thank you
@Jemadar that is genuinely interesting, thank you
the "reptilian" in my name only has one l
@TheReptilianOwl

You're welcome. I hadn't realized it had the second part, I just remembered the part about the eggs not hatching, so it was interesting to me as well :D
@TheReptilianOwl

You're welcome. I hadn't realized it had the second part, I just remembered the part about the eggs not hatching, so it was interesting to me as well :D

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8