Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Option to join Beastclan as a Flight?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
The recent update got me thinking, and this was one of the ideas I entertained the most, and I could see it go one of two ways.

One thing that would be very cool would be if you could join the Beastclan as if it was a flight, and would carry on just like a flight. This is the most realistic thing I could hope for and wouldn't it be interesting? The dragons in your clan might be considered traitors to dragon kind or something equally fun.

OR if the mods really wanted to have a field day with this, if a player decided to join Beastclan when first registering, instead of choosing from the four starter dragons would choose between the several beast species! It's certainly too much to ask the creators to do anything as complicated as the gene system they have going on with the dragons but the option to go for the very dynamic and interesting beasts that are on this site is an appealing one. Maybe then, a lair's slots could be filled with both dragons (bought from the auction house or trades) AND the Beasts.

I don't know, this is really just food for thought.
The recent update got me thinking, and this was one of the ideas I entertained the most, and I could see it go one of two ways.

One thing that would be very cool would be if you could join the Beastclan as if it was a flight, and would carry on just like a flight. This is the most realistic thing I could hope for and wouldn't it be interesting? The dragons in your clan might be considered traitors to dragon kind or something equally fun.

OR if the mods really wanted to have a field day with this, if a player decided to join Beastclan when first registering, instead of choosing from the four starter dragons would choose between the several beast species! It's certainly too much to ask the creators to do anything as complicated as the gene system they have going on with the dragons but the option to go for the very dynamic and interesting beasts that are on this site is an appealing one. Maybe then, a lair's slots could be filled with both dragons (bought from the auction house or trades) AND the Beasts.

I don't know, this is really just food for thought.
I wouldn't really support players being able to own beasts simply because this is, well, a dragon-breeding site.

As for whether players should be allowed to have their clan's allegiance to Beastclan though, I'm neutral. It would be interesting but I don't see it as something really necessary and I'm not sure exactly how it would work with things like eye color, etc. I would be okay if it was added or it it's not, honestly.
I wouldn't really support players being able to own beasts simply because this is, well, a dragon-breeding site.

As for whether players should be allowed to have their clan's allegiance to Beastclan though, I'm neutral. It would be interesting but I don't see it as something really necessary and I'm not sure exactly how it would work with things like eye color, etc. I would be okay if it was added or it it's not, honestly.
No support for it being a site mechanic. Dragonflights are dragons. Plus, as Katherine said, there's all the lore, nests, eye color, emblems etc. It's just not coded for a clan to be in anything but the 11 flights.

If you want to head canon your clan being traitors and joining the marens, that's fine. Do whatever. Type it in RPs or on your profile. But, as said before, no support for it being a site mechanic.
No support for it being a site mechanic. Dragonflights are dragons. Plus, as Katherine said, there's all the lore, nests, eye color, emblems etc. It's just not coded for a clan to be in anything but the 11 flights.

If you want to head canon your clan being traitors and joining the marens, that's fine. Do whatever. Type it in RPs or on your profile. But, as said before, no support for it being a site mechanic.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I know this will never happen but you have my symbolic support. I would love to play as a clan of Longnecks, they're some of my favorite creatures in all of FR.
I know this will never happen but you have my symbolic support. I would love to play as a clan of Longnecks, they're some of my favorite creatures in all of FR.
No support. The game is based around the dragons and from a lore standpoint I don't think this would make sense, since they probably wouldn't have nests and the beasts seem to hate all dragons (example the centaurs who want all dragons dead and the gods asleep again).
No support. The game is based around the dragons and from a lore standpoint I don't think this would make sense, since they probably wouldn't have nests and the beasts seem to hate all dragons (example the centaurs who want all dragons dead and the gods asleep again).
Feel free to ping me. I love being part of a conversation.
LORE (feel free to use):

Wights/Draugr/Wraiths/Religions/Elements/Dragonkin

PzFNFIJ.png
I'd really like this. I'm currently very uncomfortable with the 'dragons are divinely mandated to show up, take over there lands, kill and enslave there people and take there stuff' given the historical issues. That's been the excuse for a lot of atrocities, and frankly I'd be more comfortable defecting and fighting for the Beast Clans.

As it is I'm borderline on leaving the site, and refuse to use the coliseum or exalt for now. This would certainly help renew my interest in the game.
I'd really like this. I'm currently very uncomfortable with the 'dragons are divinely mandated to show up, take over there lands, kill and enslave there people and take there stuff' given the historical issues. That's been the excuse for a lot of atrocities, and frankly I'd be more comfortable defecting and fighting for the Beast Clans.

As it is I'm borderline on leaving the site, and refuse to use the coliseum or exalt for now. This would certainly help renew my interest in the game.
I see it more as a clan lore thing, but implementing it would mean reworking the entire site from the ground up, so no support.
I see it more as a clan lore thing, but implementing it would mean reworking the entire site from the ground up, so no support.
a19GnnT.png .................. they/them 3IxnR89.png hopeless nerd 3IxnR89.png FR+9
No support.

Its a dragon pet site, not a Beastclan pet site.

Plus this Beastclan plotline is temporary, it won't be the only plot on FR forever.
No support.

Its a dragon pet site, not a Beastclan pet site.

Plus this Beastclan plotline is temporary, it won't be the only plot on FR forever.
[quote name="gemajgall" date="2014-10-09 19:08:52"]No support for it being a site mechanic. Dragonflights are dragons. Plus, as Katherine said, there's all the lore, nests, eye color, emblems etc. It's just not coded for a clan to be in anything but the 11 flights. If you want to head canon your clan being traitors and joining the marens, that's fine. Do whatever. Type it in RPs or on your profile. But, as said before, no support for it being a site mechanic.[/quote]
gemajgall wrote on 2014-10-09 19:08:52:

The way I see it is that Beastclan really doesn't exist other than to form a faceless means of competition for the flights. Which is good, because it definitely serves its purpose. As others have said, it's a mechanic and less something anyone ever means to interact with besides from a distance (i.e. dominance).
The way I see it is that Beastclan really doesn't exist other than to form a faceless means of competition for the flights. Which is good, because it definitely serves its purpose. As others have said, it's a mechanic and less something anyone ever means to interact with besides from a distance (i.e. dominance).
Tumblr ! | Accent Thread ! | Fatties !
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8