Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Don't Retire the Sprites Just Yet
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 98 99
If you look at the demographics of the Flight Rising body now, pretty much an overwhelming majority have signed up past the era of sprites. I think it's unfair to retire them permanently for those people who will never get the chance to get any of them.

In my case, I signed up for Flight Rising the day it opened--but I never got a confirmation code. I don't know what happened or where the error was in the system but I tried to sign up 5 or 6 times, each time giving my correct email (I double and triple checked) and the confirmation code was never sent. I never received it, and the day after Flight Rising closed due to being overwhelmed and that was that--I was locked out of Flight Rising until the next registration window, which was months after.

The decision has already been made to not retire the sprites this year, the bears, and bring them back in a December event. Why not do it for sprites too--just once? Just one super-special event to obtain the sprites (like the December event, make it a tad harder to obtain) so that we can get what we never had a chance to obtain. Prices of retired sprites have utterly skyrocketed and it is all but impossible for many of the players to buy a 950,000 treasure sprite. Most of us simply don't have the means to obtain that money, and all the while the prices are climbing.

So just one event--just one. And then retire them for good. Not just for me, but for everyone else newly joined. I think that's fair.
If you look at the demographics of the Flight Rising body now, pretty much an overwhelming majority have signed up past the era of sprites. I think it's unfair to retire them permanently for those people who will never get the chance to get any of them.

In my case, I signed up for Flight Rising the day it opened--but I never got a confirmation code. I don't know what happened or where the error was in the system but I tried to sign up 5 or 6 times, each time giving my correct email (I double and triple checked) and the confirmation code was never sent. I never received it, and the day after Flight Rising closed due to being overwhelmed and that was that--I was locked out of Flight Rising until the next registration window, which was months after.

The decision has already been made to not retire the sprites this year, the bears, and bring them back in a December event. Why not do it for sprites too--just once? Just one super-special event to obtain the sprites (like the December event, make it a tad harder to obtain) so that we can get what we never had a chance to obtain. Prices of retired sprites have utterly skyrocketed and it is all but impossible for many of the players to buy a 950,000 treasure sprite. Most of us simply don't have the means to obtain that money, and all the while the prices are climbing.

So just one event--just one. And then retire them for good. Not just for me, but for everyone else newly joined. I think that's fair.
For one, they've already stated that the items are retired. It was decided and announced months ago, it's not a new development. It would be incredibly unfair and kind of backhanded to users who have spent massive amounts of treasure and gems obtaining their sprites, not to mention rare items traded for them. It's unfortunate that you didn't get the code in time, but that's something you should have contacted the site directly about at the time with the proper proof.

For those who joined after because they didn't know about the site or missed/skipped the registration, it doesn't make sense to re-release a retired item for them. That would totally defeat the purpose of retiring items, wouldn't it? The whole point of having retired items is to keep their rarity. It's not something just anyone can get.

So, TL;DR, no support. Retired means retired, not "kind of retired until enough users ask for them back."
For one, they've already stated that the items are retired. It was decided and announced months ago, it's not a new development. It would be incredibly unfair and kind of backhanded to users who have spent massive amounts of treasure and gems obtaining their sprites, not to mention rare items traded for them. It's unfortunate that you didn't get the code in time, but that's something you should have contacted the site directly about at the time with the proper proof.

For those who joined after because they didn't know about the site or missed/skipped the registration, it doesn't make sense to re-release a retired item for them. That would totally defeat the purpose of retiring items, wouldn't it? The whole point of having retired items is to keep their rarity. It's not something just anyone can get.

So, TL;DR, no support. Retired means retired, not "kind of retired until enough users ask for them back."
Click The Imperial Below to Get a Free Unhatched Egg!
X1e9cjr.gif
No Support.
Retired items retire. That's how it works. There are quite a few sprites I never got the chance to obtain and would love to get them.. But I would be VERY sad to see them brought back and released like the bears.. EVEN ONCE.

Why? Because that would be a HUUUUUUUUGE middle finger to the people that worked their butts off to obtain the sprites they might have missed. Some people payed quite a bit of REAL money to get enough gems for say... a light sprite. How would you feel if you shelled our a couple $100s to get that light sprite you've been dying to get, maybe in hopes of turning it around for some big bucks later on.. Only to have it re-released at some (dumb) December Festival giveaway? Sure.. There's other sprites that would make the chances lower... But there times when there are ~5,000 people online at one time and MANY MAAAAAANY more users than that. With those odds, there would be TONS of light sprites being obtained, thus lowering the worth and wasting allll that money you just spent.
Even if you didn't intend to resell it later on.. You still wasted money because you could have just obtained one from the re-release!

TL;DR version:
No. If someone wants a sprite they missed, they can go buy one from another user. You can make a TON of treasure from playing the games daily, being smart with flipping stuff in the Marketplace or even leveling dragons in the coli (plus selling coli loot). There is no excuse to why someone couldn't eventually afford one if they actually worked for it.
Retired needs to stay retired.
No Support.
Retired items retire. That's how it works. There are quite a few sprites I never got the chance to obtain and would love to get them.. But I would be VERY sad to see them brought back and released like the bears.. EVEN ONCE.

Why? Because that would be a HUUUUUUUUGE middle finger to the people that worked their butts off to obtain the sprites they might have missed. Some people payed quite a bit of REAL money to get enough gems for say... a light sprite. How would you feel if you shelled our a couple $100s to get that light sprite you've been dying to get, maybe in hopes of turning it around for some big bucks later on.. Only to have it re-released at some (dumb) December Festival giveaway? Sure.. There's other sprites that would make the chances lower... But there times when there are ~5,000 people online at one time and MANY MAAAAAANY more users than that. With those odds, there would be TONS of light sprites being obtained, thus lowering the worth and wasting allll that money you just spent.
Even if you didn't intend to resell it later on.. You still wasted money because you could have just obtained one from the re-release!

TL;DR version:
No. If someone wants a sprite they missed, they can go buy one from another user. You can make a TON of treasure from playing the games daily, being smart with flipping stuff in the Marketplace or even leveling dragons in the coli (plus selling coli loot). There is no excuse to why someone couldn't eventually afford one if they actually worked for it.
Retired needs to stay retired.
TOW2n3q.png
I support. I, likewise, sat on the outside, watching festival after festival pass where I could have been able to earn things for myself. But FR gave me and others a "HUUUUUUUUGE middle finger" and locked registration. Every virtual pet and gaming site I have ever been on over the past 15 years has unretired items due to various reasons.

My biggest concern is that FR is barely a year old and already some items are unobtainable. What about in a year? Three years? Five years? And over those years, how many original players will stop playing FR, leaving the early released items forever locked in their accounts, out of circulation, unable for any new player to enjoy.

Now I'm not saying make it rain old sprites; I'm not saying make it as easy as clicking a single button to get them. All I'd like to see is a chance for users to put in some effort and earn them. And yes, there's a handful of the first sprites in the AH -now- for people to earn through effort. And if there was a guarantee that those sprites would still be circulation in 3 years at the same rate, I'd have no complaint at all. But I highly doubt that they will be in 18 months. So allow a few more in circulation to keep up with the increasing userbase.

*Braces herself to be hated just like she was last time she supported this.*
I support. I, likewise, sat on the outside, watching festival after festival pass where I could have been able to earn things for myself. But FR gave me and others a "HUUUUUUUUGE middle finger" and locked registration. Every virtual pet and gaming site I have ever been on over the past 15 years has unretired items due to various reasons.

My biggest concern is that FR is barely a year old and already some items are unobtainable. What about in a year? Three years? Five years? And over those years, how many original players will stop playing FR, leaving the early released items forever locked in their accounts, out of circulation, unable for any new player to enjoy.

Now I'm not saying make it rain old sprites; I'm not saying make it as easy as clicking a single button to get them. All I'd like to see is a chance for users to put in some effort and earn them. And yes, there's a handful of the first sprites in the AH -now- for people to earn through effort. And if there was a guarantee that those sprites would still be circulation in 3 years at the same rate, I'd have no complaint at all. But I highly doubt that they will be in 18 months. So allow a few more in circulation to keep up with the increasing userbase.

*Braces herself to be hated just like she was last time she supported this.*
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
No support.

It's not our fault you weren't here.
I've been here for over a year but I don't have the Kickstarter familiars, and I'm not asking for a free handout for those.
No support.

It's not our fault you weren't here.
I've been here for over a year but I don't have the Kickstarter familiars, and I'm not asking for a free handout for those.
Δ KUJJm1Z.gif 6XeGCFj.gif Ω
No support.

I joined in the same reg window you did and, after hearing the sprites were limited-time items, promptly busted my behind to get my hands on one of everything that I'd missed from previous holidays. (And no, I didn't spend even a penny of real money for them.)

If you didn't do the same, that's no one's fault but your own.
No support.

I joined in the same reg window you did and, after hearing the sprites were limited-time items, promptly busted my behind to get my hands on one of everything that I'd missed from previous holidays. (And no, I didn't spend even a penny of real money for them.)

If you didn't do the same, that's no one's fault but your own.
No support, sorry.
I joined nearly a year ago but missed the vast majority of the festivals, and I'm honestly DYING to get my hands on some of the retired items and skins. But I also feel like it'd be ridiculously unfair to people who painstakingly bought them at skyrocketing prices only to unretire them. I don't really like that this run of holiday familiars will have a cop-out, either.
No support, sorry.
I joined nearly a year ago but missed the vast majority of the festivals, and I'm honestly DYING to get my hands on some of the retired items and skins. But I also feel like it'd be ridiculously unfair to people who painstakingly bought them at skyrocketing prices only to unretire them. I don't really like that this run of holiday familiars will have a cop-out, either.
[quote name="Morticia" date="2014-07-04 14:56:03"]No support. I've been here for over a year but I don't have the Kickstarter familiars, and I'm not asking for [i]a free handout[/i] for those.[/quote] [quote name="gemajgall" date="2014-07-04 14:54:36"] Now I'm not saying make it rain old sprites; I'm not saying make it as easy as clicking a single button to get them. All I'd like to see is a chance for users to put in[i] some effort [/i]and earn them.... So allow [i]a few more[/i] in circulation to keep up with the increasing userbase. [/quote] Most of the debate I've seen with the sprites, everyone who wanted a second chance never once asked for them to be free or easy. Just for the record. I mean, look at how rare the Coarsefur Yeti and Dappled Dunhoof are. A small chance during a holiday, if done right, and as FR demonstrates it can, will still allow the sprites to be rare and valuable but also allow for some more future sustainability. So just for the record, again, a second chance[i] does not and should not[/i], IMHO, mean that the sprites would deflate into worthlessness.
Morticia wrote on 2014-07-04 14:56:03:
No support.
gemajgall wrote on 2014-07-04 14:54:36:
Now I'm not saying make it rain old sprites; I'm not saying make it as easy as clicking a single button to get them. All I'd like to see is a chance for users to put in some effort and earn them.... So allow a few more in circulation to keep up with the increasing userbase.

Most of the debate I've seen with the sprites, everyone who wanted a second chance never once asked for them to be free or easy. Just for the record. I mean, look at how rare the Coarsefur Yeti and Dappled Dunhoof are. A small chance during a holiday, if done right, and as FR demonstrates it can, will still allow the sprites to be rare and valuable but also allow for some more future sustainability.

So just for the record, again, a second chance does not and should not, IMHO, mean that the sprites would deflate into worthlessness.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
No support.

Those of us who were here while the site was in far worse shape than it is now earned our sprites. I am amused at people who complain the coli is laggy now, or that four seconds for a rally is a heinous delay. I remember coli fights where a move would take a minute or more, and more than half the time it would freeze. I was here when the fairgrounds games wouldn't work, so badly not working that 80 treasure would buy a gem. The site didn't not work, didn't close registration to spite people; it closed because it couldn't handle those people. So, we have earned our limited sprites.

Rereleasing them wouldn't deflate them into valuelessness, but it would considerably devalue them nonetheless. It would also make the admins' words worthless.
No support.

Those of us who were here while the site was in far worse shape than it is now earned our sprites. I am amused at people who complain the coli is laggy now, or that four seconds for a rally is a heinous delay. I remember coli fights where a move would take a minute or more, and more than half the time it would freeze. I was here when the fairgrounds games wouldn't work, so badly not working that 80 treasure would buy a gem. The site didn't not work, didn't close registration to spite people; it closed because it couldn't handle those people. So, we have earned our limited sprites.

Rereleasing them wouldn't deflate them into valuelessness, but it would considerably devalue them nonetheless. It would also make the admins' words worthless.
177499lightofknowledge2.png
No support.

Unretiring them just once would turn into unretiring them again after every window and every year after the site is open to registration full time.

They were retired and to go back on that wouldn't be nice to people who worked to get them and traded away treasure, and gems, and dragons, and items they worked hard to get to get them.

The downtime familiars are retired too and handing those out again doesn't make sense because they are apologies for those who had to deal with the site being down.

KS familiars and items are retired and bringing those back would be a spit in the face for early supporters of the site.

There should be some retired items and not limited to the KS items. Not everyone on pet sites is meant to be able to get everything.

Even if they were super rare from gathering I don't think the staff should go back on retiring them.
No support.

Unretiring them just once would turn into unretiring them again after every window and every year after the site is open to registration full time.

They were retired and to go back on that wouldn't be nice to people who worked to get them and traded away treasure, and gems, and dragons, and items they worked hard to get to get them.

The downtime familiars are retired too and handing those out again doesn't make sense because they are apologies for those who had to deal with the site being down.

KS familiars and items are retired and bringing those back would be a spit in the face for early supporters of the site.

There should be some retired items and not limited to the KS items. Not everyone on pet sites is meant to be able to get everything.

Even if they were super rare from gathering I don't think the staff should go back on retiring them.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 98 99