Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Don't Retire the Sprites Just Yet
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 98 99
@bugboy - Then how about wildclaw scrolls as a rough comparison? Yes, iirc they're cycled out and not retired, but they were obtainable in infinite supply and now they're pretty darn expensive. More expensive than Light Sprites were when I registered - which is when you also registered, looks like. If WC scrolls don't come back until next year, I don't doubt that their price will climb up to 5 million. Should they be re-released somehow in a random and very limited way to give newer players a chance to get them before they're cycled back in again?

I have a friend who bought her Light Sprite shortly after I joined; she snatched up one that was priced at 1200 gems, and the next one up was 2500 gems. Lowest price for treasure was 300k. I have another friend who got one in early January, and they were ~1 million treasure and ~3300 gems. That friend also registered the same time you and I did. Both of them worked hard and obtained, one harder than the other. I could have purchased one for myself - I had the gems - but I chose to buy a WC scroll and a circuit scroll instead. I'm sure you could have gotten one, too, but you chose to do something else.

I don't blame anyone but myself for my lack of Light Sprite, and I don't think they should be re-released for any reason.
@bugboy - Then how about wildclaw scrolls as a rough comparison? Yes, iirc they're cycled out and not retired, but they were obtainable in infinite supply and now they're pretty darn expensive. More expensive than Light Sprites were when I registered - which is when you also registered, looks like. If WC scrolls don't come back until next year, I don't doubt that their price will climb up to 5 million. Should they be re-released somehow in a random and very limited way to give newer players a chance to get them before they're cycled back in again?

I have a friend who bought her Light Sprite shortly after I joined; she snatched up one that was priced at 1200 gems, and the next one up was 2500 gems. Lowest price for treasure was 300k. I have another friend who got one in early January, and they were ~1 million treasure and ~3300 gems. That friend also registered the same time you and I did. Both of them worked hard and obtained, one harder than the other. I could have purchased one for myself - I had the gems - but I chose to buy a WC scroll and a circuit scroll instead. I'm sure you could have gotten one, too, but you chose to do something else.

I don't blame anyone but myself for my lack of Light Sprite, and I don't think they should be re-released for any reason.
No support.

This all sounds a lot like an 18 year old, fresh on the job market, asking for the position of CEO. The person who has that position worked hard to get there and was there first, so he has it. It's not the new kid's fault he wasn't there early enough, but he's still not going to get the position without hard work.
This isn't "unfair".

Also you're not being punished, some pictures in your bestiary are greyed out.

And if you've played any MMO that's been around for more than a year, you'd know FR is not the only game with expensive retired items. It's a part of any game that wishes to retire certain items.
No support.

This all sounds a lot like an 18 year old, fresh on the job market, asking for the position of CEO. The person who has that position worked hard to get there and was there first, so he has it. It's not the new kid's fault he wasn't there early enough, but he's still not going to get the position without hard work.
This isn't "unfair".

Also you're not being punished, some pictures in your bestiary are greyed out.

And if you've played any MMO that's been around for more than a year, you'd know FR is not the only game with expensive retired items. It's a part of any game that wishes to retire certain items.
hu72dVR.png
No support. They are retired. And I would feel awful to have shelled out 5 + million on a light sprite and then have it devalued. Even if it was only devalued to 3.5 million or something still very expensive I would be upset. I also want to mention I am an April registration person who does not have the majority of the sprites.
No support. They are retired. And I would feel awful to have shelled out 5 + million on a light sprite and then have it devalued. Even if it was only devalued to 3.5 million or something still very expensive I would be upset. I also want to mention I am an April registration person who does not have the majority of the sprites.
Support. It's like ice cream. There is that one awesome flavor that Breyers sells for a few weeks before they "retire" it. From a business out look, doing this works, and it tends to work well.

Hell, it's worked great on other petsites. Dragoncave has holiday contests. If you won this contest you got to choose some eggs as a prize and new VERY limited dragons. Remember the holly dragons? There was only about 200 of those, maybe less. Those were the most wanted eggs when the contest was first implemented a few years ago and it worked.

Doing this for previous festivals (say, every two years?) will satisfy new and old users. The FR team could sell them in the gem market place, or if that's too easy, make them worth 3x the normal festival currency. Hold a tiered contest! The 100 best gets a prize of their choosing (bar kick-starter items/ridiculous amounts of gems/treasure)! It has people work for it, and it can be a fun way to do it beyond grinding the coli! Best of all, the prizes will not be mass distributed because not everyone wants the same thing!

Now onto the current complaints about fairness:
"You should have joined earlier."
People did. The site malfunctioned.
People didn't get the conformation codes.
People did but the site never recognized their accounts for them to sign in. The FR team could do nothing about it. The site was so messed up that it was hardly worth playing.
The FR team had to close registration. People had to watch while their families and/or friends got months ahead of them, months that they will never reach to easily.

Sure, the first couple months after the first festivals are suppose to be hard, but after a year? Light Sprites are going for nearly 10mil. In two months they'll be worth maybe nearly double that. After those two months they may never be seen again. And that's suppose to be fair? How is that fair?

So, people who were lucky to have their accounts even work saying that you "should" have when you did is such a slap in the face that I can feel the sting from beyond the screen. How was any of that fair? At this point I could care less about a promise they made almost a year ago.

"My feelings will be hurt!/I feel jipped!/THE FR TEAM WILL BE LIARS IF THEY DO!!!":
The only group I see who should feel jipped if the FR team did something to them would the be the kick-starter group. I think it's all been established that Kick-starter stuff should stay right where it is.
Festival prizes are not one of those things however much people may want them to be. If the Team handles it right then those who spent millions on sprites will not feel this way.

Most of the second group of people has put the team on such a high pedestal that if they do one thing wrong then everything will go to crap. Remember what happened with Thrage? My God what a mess THAT was. I nearly quit the site while that was going down. I'm sure many quit playing because of that.

It's not like the FR team would be like: here everyone have ALL THE SPRITES/APPAREL. And proceed to PM all of us 99 of each sprite. If the FR team did this they have to do it right.
Support. It's like ice cream. There is that one awesome flavor that Breyers sells for a few weeks before they "retire" it. From a business out look, doing this works, and it tends to work well.

Hell, it's worked great on other petsites. Dragoncave has holiday contests. If you won this contest you got to choose some eggs as a prize and new VERY limited dragons. Remember the holly dragons? There was only about 200 of those, maybe less. Those were the most wanted eggs when the contest was first implemented a few years ago and it worked.

Doing this for previous festivals (say, every two years?) will satisfy new and old users. The FR team could sell them in the gem market place, or if that's too easy, make them worth 3x the normal festival currency. Hold a tiered contest! The 100 best gets a prize of their choosing (bar kick-starter items/ridiculous amounts of gems/treasure)! It has people work for it, and it can be a fun way to do it beyond grinding the coli! Best of all, the prizes will not be mass distributed because not everyone wants the same thing!

People did but the site never recognized their accounts for them to sign in. The FR team could do nothing about it. The site was so messed up that it was hardly worth playing.
The FR team had to close registration. People had to watch while their families and/or friends got months ahead of them, months that they will never reach to easily.

Sure, the first couple months after the first festivals are suppose to be hard, but after a year? Light Sprites are going for nearly 10mil. In two months they'll be worth maybe nearly double that. After those two months they may never be seen again. And that's suppose to be fair? How is that fair?

So, people who were lucky to have their accounts even work saying that you "should" have when you did is such a slap in the face that I can feel the sting from beyond the screen. How was any of that fair? At this point I could care less about a promise they made almost a year ago.

"My feelings will be hurt!/I feel jipped!/THE FR TEAM WILL BE LIARS IF THEY DO!!!":
The only group I see who should feel jipped if the FR team did something to them would the be the kick-starter group. I think it's all been established that Kick-starter stuff should stay right where it is.
Festival prizes are not one of those things however much people may want them to be. If the Team handles it right then those who spent millions on sprites will not feel this way.

Most of the second group of people has put the team on such a high pedestal that if they do one thing wrong then everything will go to crap. Remember what happened with Thrage? My God what a mess THAT was. I nearly quit the site while that was going down. I'm sure many quit playing because of that.

It's not like the FR team would be like: here everyone have ALL THE SPRITES/APPAREL. And proceed to PM all of us 99 of each sprite. If the FR team did this they have to do it right.
Space Daddy is Love, Space Daddy is Life.
Fan of Cosmic Things. And Pastels.
Current Cosmic Obsession: Descender by Jeff Lemire and Dustin Nyugen
Triple Tyranny Club Triple X
No Support
No Support
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
[quote name="Tomato" date="2014-07-05 03:00:51"][b]Now onto the current complaints about fairness:[/b] "You should have joined earlier." People did. The site malfunctioned. People didn't get the conformation codes. People did but the site never recognized their accounts for them to sign in. The FR team could do nothing about it. The site was so messed up that it was hardly worth playing. The FR team had to close registration. People had to watch while their families and/or friends got months ahead of them, months that they will never reach to easily. [/quote] I was not on for the sign-up and kickstarter but I totally agree there. Not all the fault are on the late arrivals. I mean how can you get in on a limited time offer sale if the place is so congested you can't get in ten feet before the rent-a-cop force bulldozes everybody out? There are people that worked equally as hard as those that got in, some even harder to fight through the downtime. What do they have to show for it? That baneful yield sign that usually accompanies "Could not connect to Flightrising dot com. Please try again later." Once the site gains momentum and able to handle a steady flow maybe we can back off from the idea of un-retiring because people would have better opportunities than before, less site-crashing and what-have-you. And I agree whole-heartedly with Tomato and the Kickstarter group. They worked the hardest of anyone here, pressing real currency into this game to help it grow. A completely different script from free holiday promotionals, the Kickstarter apparel and gifts were rewards for the groundbreaking of this phenomenal site and should stay that way.
Tomato wrote on 2014-07-05 03:00:51:

I was not on for the sign-up and kickstarter but I totally agree there. Not all the fault are on the late arrivals. I mean how can you get in on a limited time offer sale if the place is so congested you can't get in ten feet before the rent-a-cop force bulldozes everybody out? There are people that worked equally as hard as those that got in, some even harder to fight through the downtime. What do they have to show for it? That baneful yield sign that usually accompanies "Could not connect to Flightrising dot com. Please try again later."

Once the site gains momentum and able to handle a steady flow maybe we can back off from the idea of un-retiring because people would have better opportunities than before, less site-crashing and what-have-you. And I agree whole-heartedly with Tomato and the Kickstarter group. They worked the hardest of anyone here, pressing real currency into this game to help it grow. A completely different script from free holiday promotionals, the Kickstarter apparel and gifts were rewards for the groundbreaking of this phenomenal site and should stay that way.
Support. Mainly because I've seen many dead accounts where there are dead dragons sitting with light sprites or the like on them. Eventually it'll get to a point where they're completely out of circulation and unobtainable. They should be hard to get, yes. But not permanently out of reach for everyone who didn't know this site existed/wasn't able to register within a window/had problems registering.
Support. Mainly because I've seen many dead accounts where there are dead dragons sitting with light sprites or the like on them. Eventually it'll get to a point where they're completely out of circulation and unobtainable. They should be hard to get, yes. But not permanently out of reach for everyone who didn't know this site existed/wasn't able to register within a window/had problems registering.
halfbanner2_zps706d0aaa.jpg
No support, only because this site uses a premium currency for real money.

HUGE slap in the face for anyone who saved up money from their paychecks to buy retired items. If treasure was the only currency I'd be all for it because exclusivity is only fun for the minority which is something I usually don't support.

I think a good middle ground for this issue would be to create "copycat" sprites/fairies. A nod to the original sprites, but different enough so that people who have them don't feel jipped.
No support, only because this site uses a premium currency for real money.

HUGE slap in the face for anyone who saved up money from their paychecks to buy retired items. If treasure was the only currency I'd be all for it because exclusivity is only fun for the minority which is something I usually don't support.

I think a good middle ground for this issue would be to create "copycat" sprites/fairies. A nod to the original sprites, but different enough so that people who have them don't feel jipped.
9ha1QnY.png
No support. This would be incredibly unfair to those of us that saved up tons of treasure to get these items, as well as any users who took the staff for their word that these particular items would be retired permanently, not just retired until enough new members made a fuss about them.
No support. This would be incredibly unfair to those of us that saved up tons of treasure to get these items, as well as any users who took the staff for their word that these particular items would be retired permanently, not just retired until enough new members made a fuss about them.
no
no
Breeds triple gened pastel & tiger coatls/wildclaws on request, PM if interested.
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 98 99