Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | #UnnamedIsValid
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 162 163
[quote name="RCoutme" date="2014-03-23 16:45:51"]I have to give a mild dissent. It order to name a dragon, you only have to use the randomize button. I just don't see that as being too difficult. I also consider the renaming scroll to be cheap enough that if someone wants to buy a leveled dragon to keep it, they are not overburdened with any real difficulty.[/quote] The OP is not saying it's difficult to name or rename dragons, they are saying it doesn't quite make sense that we can't use them in battle if we don't want to give them a name yet. Yes you can pay extra to rename them again...but why have to? Why have to name them just to fight with them? You don't have to name them to exalt them, and some people level for others to give as gifts or sell, and don't want to name them so the future owner can name them and not have to get an extra scroll. [quote name="KnuxGator" date="2014-04-29 14:41:54"]I'll have to say no support. I like the mechanics as they are for this part of the game C: Though this isn't a strong no-support; I would not explode if things were changed to be this way~[/quote] It wouldn't...change the mechanics at all? It'd just let you fight with unnamed dragons. The fighting and everything would be the same. You don't even see your dragon's name in battle anyway, so it doesn't seem to matter much if they are named or not.
RCoutme wrote on 2014-03-23 16:45:51:
I have to give a mild dissent. It order to name a dragon, you only have to use the randomize button. I just don't see that as being too difficult. I also consider the renaming scroll to be cheap enough that if someone wants to buy a leveled dragon to keep it, they are not overburdened with any real difficulty.
The OP is not saying it's difficult to name or rename dragons, they are saying it doesn't quite make sense that we can't use them in battle if we don't want to give them a name yet. Yes you can pay extra to rename them again...but why have to? Why have to name them just to fight with them? You don't have to name them to exalt them, and some people level for others to give as gifts or sell, and don't want to name them so the future owner can name them and not have to get an extra scroll.
KnuxGator wrote on 2014-04-29 14:41:54:
I'll have to say no support. I like the mechanics as they are for this part of the game C: Though this isn't a strong no-support; I would not explode if things were changed to be this way~
It wouldn't...change the mechanics at all? It'd just let you fight with unnamed dragons. The fighting and everything would be the same. You don't even see your dragon's name in battle anyway, so it doesn't seem to matter much if they are named or not.
No thanks. If you can train unnamed it encourages exalting unnamed, and then you have dragons stuck with "Unnamed, Unnamed, Unnamed" in their list of offspring which just... looks bad. Besides, it takes a couple clicks to name a dragon, there's even a name generator. And if whoever buying your dragons are really that concerned about the name, then they can spend the, what 5K - 6K renaming scroll? You can earn that in minutes at the faire.

And, while we're selling trained dragons - what if they don't like the stat spread you trained them with? That tincture is going to cost a heck of a lot more than a renaming scroll. The name's hardly even a bother.
No thanks. If you can train unnamed it encourages exalting unnamed, and then you have dragons stuck with "Unnamed, Unnamed, Unnamed" in their list of offspring which just... looks bad. Besides, it takes a couple clicks to name a dragon, there's even a name generator. And if whoever buying your dragons are really that concerned about the name, then they can spend the, what 5K - 6K renaming scroll? You can earn that in minutes at the faire.

And, while we're selling trained dragons - what if they don't like the stat spread you trained them with? That tincture is going to cost a heck of a lot more than a renaming scroll. The name's hardly even a bother.
vvTo3kO.png

syJrt1N.gif
No support. I'm glad dragons who battle have to have a name as it discourages unnamed exalts.
No support. I'm glad dragons who battle have to have a name as it discourages unnamed exalts.
mothsmall.png7jZclF3.gifdaintysmallup-2.png
No support. It would just increase the number of unnamed exalts (which, while I'm not irate about, certainly annoys me).

...But I would support this suggestion 100% IF a change was made where dragons had to be named before being exalted.
No support. It would just increase the number of unnamed exalts (which, while I'm not irate about, certainly annoys me).

...But I would support this suggestion 100% IF a change was made where dragons had to be named before being exalted.
Support. Sometimes, it takes a long time to come up with a fitting name for a dragon- I'd be glad if I could still train them, despite not having invented a decent name yet.
Support. Sometimes, it takes a long time to come up with a fitting name for a dragon- I'd be glad if I could still train them, despite not having invented a decent name yet.
eSzGOae.pngCollector of Sickle Claws
No support due to the exalting unnameds thing.
No support due to the exalting unnameds thing.
light_banner.png65byo4.giflight_banner.png
Support.
I like to train dragons for coli farming and sell them to friends. I'd rather they got to name the dragons themselves, rather than having them waste treasure to buy a scroll of renaming. It's unnecessary.

As for exalting unnamed, why is it any of your business if I name my dragons or not? They're mine, especially after I pay money for them-- sometimes real money even. Shoo!
I don't understand what this burning hatred for unnamed dragons is. If it's that big of a deal, all dragons should be born with a random name instead of "Unnamed," while still giving the owner one free renaming. That's a topic for a different thread though.
ETA: A reason aside from cluttering up the lineage I mean.
Support.
I like to train dragons for coli farming and sell them to friends. I'd rather they got to name the dragons themselves, rather than having them waste treasure to buy a scroll of renaming. It's unnecessary.

As for exalting unnamed, why is it any of your business if I name my dragons or not? They're mine, especially after I pay money for them-- sometimes real money even. Shoo!
I don't understand what this burning hatred for unnamed dragons is. If it's that big of a deal, all dragons should be born with a random name instead of "Unnamed," while still giving the owner one free renaming. That's a topic for a different thread though.
ETA: A reason aside from cluttering up the lineage I mean.
cKI1ztB.gif
Sig by @slick
@djkid yeah, it clutters up lineage, which is a decent enough reason to hate exalting unnameds. Even if it's technically yours, it still affects the person you bought it from, even if it's in a minor way it's enough to make most people cringe. It's like buying a gun to shoot the seller. Why is it any of the seller's business what the buyer does with the weapon? They payed good money for it!
@djkid yeah, it clutters up lineage, which is a decent enough reason to hate exalting unnameds. Even if it's technically yours, it still affects the person you bought it from, even if it's in a minor way it's enough to make most people cringe. It's like buying a gun to shoot the seller. Why is it any of the seller's business what the buyer does with the weapon? They payed good money for it!
@Vattumannen: Comparing it to a gun is a bit intense don't you think? It's a line of text that's a blemish on your page at best, not a method to ruin your dragon. If you're that concerned, you are welcome to name your dragon prior to selling. If you don't then you're just inviting the headache, I think.
Maybe it's best if unnamed dragons don't appear in the lineage at all then? You have the color predictors to find out what the babies will look like; I don't think you need to see what all their hatchlings grew up to be. I can't imagine this hasn't been suggested before though.
@Vattumannen: Comparing it to a gun is a bit intense don't you think? It's a line of text that's a blemish on your page at best, not a method to ruin your dragon. If you're that concerned, you are welcome to name your dragon prior to selling. If you don't then you're just inviting the headache, I think.
Maybe it's best if unnamed dragons don't appear in the lineage at all then? You have the color predictors to find out what the babies will look like; I don't think you need to see what all their hatchlings grew up to be. I can't imagine this hasn't been suggested before though.
cKI1ztB.gif
Sig by @slick
@djkid the "removing unnameds from lineage" suggestion has been given countless times, so I'm obviously not the only one concerned about this. Sometimes it's nice to check up on your hatchlings and see what their current owners have done with them. It's more of a sentimental thing, and there's no sentiment for the dragons without a name. Leaving them nameless on selling gives the buyer an opportunity to personalize it themselves without having to cough up additional money for it, which is both a courtesy and something that attracts more buyers to your particular auction. Personally, it doesn't bother me enough to throw a fit about it, but it's enough to make a mention.

The gun thing is an exaggerated simile designed to accentuate a point. It's a pretty common tactic in trying to get your meaning across.
@djkid the "removing unnameds from lineage" suggestion has been given countless times, so I'm obviously not the only one concerned about this. Sometimes it's nice to check up on your hatchlings and see what their current owners have done with them. It's more of a sentimental thing, and there's no sentiment for the dragons without a name. Leaving them nameless on selling gives the buyer an opportunity to personalize it themselves without having to cough up additional money for it, which is both a courtesy and something that attracts more buyers to your particular auction. Personally, it doesn't bother me enough to throw a fit about it, but it's enough to make a mention.

The gun thing is an exaggerated simile designed to accentuate a point. It's a pretty common tactic in trying to get your meaning across.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 162 163