Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | #UnnamedIsValid
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 162 163
[quote name="Greyjoy" date="2014-03-06 15:19:15"]Support. If Unnamed dragons can be exalted, and Unnamed dragons can be bred, I simply can't see why a name is so necessary in the Coliseum.[/quote] and [quote name="EnchantingCurse" date="2014-11-03 17:44:24"]Support. If it can breed unnamed, sell unnamed, and exalt unnamed, it should be able to be trained unnamed. I don't see the issue here. Not to mention that "because it might cause drama!" is not an excuse not to do something.[/quote] Unnamed exalt drama is [i]so[/i] exhausting. Let it go.
Greyjoy wrote on 2014-03-06 15:19:15:
Support. If Unnamed dragons can be exalted, and Unnamed dragons can be bred, I simply can't see why a name is so necessary in the Coliseum.

and

EnchantingCurse wrote on 2014-11-03 17:44:24:
Support.
If it can breed unnamed, sell unnamed, and exalt unnamed, it should be able to be trained unnamed. I don't see the issue here.

Not to mention that "because it might cause drama!" is not an excuse not to do something.

Unnamed exalt drama is so exhausting. Let it go.
Plague%20flight%20switch%20Ice_zps9q6htbkf.gif
Support. I keep forgetting I need to name to train and Coli likes to not load sometimes. So I spend all that time getting in there and whoops! The dragons I need to train aren't showing up, which takes a little bit to figure out.
Support. I keep forgetting I need to name to train and Coli likes to not load sometimes. So I spend all that time getting in there and whoops! The dragons I need to train aren't showing up, which takes a little bit to figure out.
Will trade on a 1:1 food point ratio for turtles. Let me protect the precious from dragon bellies!
No support. Rename scrolls are inexpensive, and the naming requirement is a crucial safeguard against unnamed dragons being exalted. If it were implemented, I can guarantee that we would see a LOT more "Unnamed"s exalted. Speaking as a former trainer, I can't tell you how easy it would be to neglect to name something before exalting it if I didn't have to name it get it into the coliseum.

The cons of this proposal far outweigh the pros IMO. If you're raffling away a trained dragon or something like that, just include a rename scroll.
No support. Rename scrolls are inexpensive, and the naming requirement is a crucial safeguard against unnamed dragons being exalted. If it were implemented, I can guarantee that we would see a LOT more "Unnamed"s exalted. Speaking as a former trainer, I can't tell you how easy it would be to neglect to name something before exalting it if I didn't have to name it get it into the coliseum.

The cons of this proposal far outweigh the pros IMO. If you're raffling away a trained dragon or something like that, just include a rename scroll.
accessibilitysmaller.png
Dragons can already be exalted unnamed. This will reduce the number of name-spams like Intern or Mulch in family trees. I, for one, would prefer to have a bunch of 'Unnamed' to a bunch of insulting names or slurs in my family trees.

In short, support!
Dragons can already be exalted unnamed. This will reduce the number of name-spams like Intern or Mulch in family trees. I, for one, would prefer to have a bunch of 'Unnamed' to a bunch of insulting names or slurs in my family trees.

In short, support!
fbwGP.png
We don't need any "safeguards" against unnamed exalts. I support the option to hide exalts from offspring lists, but the only thing ridiculous here is that people think they get to police what others do with a dragon that no longer belongs to them. Unnamed exalts are not some blight on humanity, they're the dragons OWNER's choice to name or not to name. The breeder is not the owner if the dragon is sold off. Period.

Some people may think its rude to exalt unnamed, but what I think is rude is when people think that something they no longer own is still under their jurisdiction. I really don't see how unsightly offspring lists are more important than stopping this crazy overstepping of ownership boundaries. Both issues can be solved by simply removing exalted dragons from offspring lists.

See? it works for everyone. People can stop being angry over dragons they don't own, owners can do as they wish with their own dragons. Everyone's happy. Win-win.
We don't need any "safeguards" against unnamed exalts. I support the option to hide exalts from offspring lists, but the only thing ridiculous here is that people think they get to police what others do with a dragon that no longer belongs to them. Unnamed exalts are not some blight on humanity, they're the dragons OWNER's choice to name or not to name. The breeder is not the owner if the dragon is sold off. Period.

Some people may think its rude to exalt unnamed, but what I think is rude is when people think that something they no longer own is still under their jurisdiction. I really don't see how unsightly offspring lists are more important than stopping this crazy overstepping of ownership boundaries. Both issues can be solved by simply removing exalted dragons from offspring lists.

See? it works for everyone. People can stop being angry over dragons they don't own, owners can do as they wish with their own dragons. Everyone's happy. Win-win.
rotyou_zpsdd94a7ce.jpg
@EnchantingCurse This is an argument as old as time, and I see your point, but my point basically is consideration from the part of the buyer what name someone else has to live with when you aren't keeping the dragon. Not policing from the seller, consideration from the buyer.

Anyway, that's kinda off topic. I was saying I don't support this proposal because it would make it too easy to accidentally exalt something unnamed. It happens enough already when people exalt hatchlings during a dom battle.
@EnchantingCurse This is an argument as old as time, and I see your point, but my point basically is consideration from the part of the buyer what name someone else has to live with when you aren't keeping the dragon. Not policing from the seller, consideration from the buyer.

Anyway, that's kinda off topic. I was saying I don't support this proposal because it would make it too easy to accidentally exalt something unnamed. It happens enough already when people exalt hatchlings during a dom battle.
accessibilitysmaller.png
I'm actually not a big fan of this. It's not that hard to just hit random until you get a name that isn't bad. But I also don't think exalting unnamed dragons should be allowed either. Rename scrolls aren't that expensive and I've never not bought a dragon I liked the look of just because I'd need a little extra treasure for a rename scroll.
I'm actually not a big fan of this. It's not that hard to just hit random until you get a name that isn't bad. But I also don't think exalting unnamed dragons should be allowed either. Rename scrolls aren't that expensive and I've never not bought a dragon I liked the look of just because I'd need a little extra treasure for a rename scroll.
No support.
I strongly suspect that dragons need to be named to fight in the coliseum as a way of encouraging people to name before exalting.

More levels = more exalting profit

Given that every other proposition to force people to name before exalting has been shot down, I'm on the side that would prefer this one tiny "safeguard" stay in place.
No support.
I strongly suspect that dragons need to be named to fight in the coliseum as a way of encouraging people to name before exalting.

More levels = more exalting profit

Given that every other proposition to force people to name before exalting has been shot down, I'm on the side that would prefer this one tiny "safeguard" stay in place.
qIcJ82H.pngEmI9Jgd.png2ZYu6OU.png0mjfpw6.pngPXqYGyl.png
[quote name="HMS" date="2014-11-05 16:21:40"]@EnchantingCurse This is an argument as old as time, and I see your point, but my point basically is consideration from the part of the buyer what name someone else has to live with when you aren't keeping the dragon. Not policing from the seller, consideration from the buyer. Anyway, that's kinda off topic. I was saying I don't support this proposal because it would make it too easy to [i]accidentally[/i] exalt something unnamed. It happens enough already when people exalt hatchlings during a dom battle.[/quote] I have to respectfully disagree here. Buyers who exalt unnamed are not being discourteous or inconsiderate. They are simply playing the game how they like. We don't need 'safeguards' to protect people from playing the game in a way that they enjoy.
HMS wrote on 2014-11-05 16:21:40:

I have to respectfully disagree here. Buyers who exalt unnamed are not being discourteous or inconsiderate. They are simply playing the game how they like.

We don't need 'safeguards' to protect people from playing the game in a way that they enjoy.
Click The Imperial Below to Get a Free Unhatched Egg!
X1e9cjr.gif
Quote:
I have to respectfully disagree here. Buyers who exalt unnamed are not being discourteous or inconsiderate. They are simply playing the game how they like.

We don't need 'safeguards' to protect people from playing the game in a way that they enjoy.

Exactly. That's the point I was trying to make. There's nothing wrong with unnamed exalts, especially since they already have it in the works to hide exalted offspring. Forcing names will and already has caused a lot of spite naming and things that come up much worse than "unnamed". Thats why ive never supported suggestions that force name exalts or auto-name them, not just because of the fact that its rude to force someone to do something with their own dragon that they might not want to or care about, but also because forcing names is going to cause a lot of spite naming to come up.

Also as far as autonaming, the RNG has a lot of horrible names that pop up, not to mention the staff has already stated that the RNG contains names that can get one in trouble, so leaving them unnamed not only protects the seller from even worse names, but also the buyer from inadvertently naming them something that could be taken offense to.
Quote:

Exactly. That's the point I was trying to make. There's nothing wrong with unnamed exalts, especially since they already have it in the works to hide exalted offspring. Forcing names will and already has caused a lot of spite naming and things that come up much worse than "unnamed". Thats why ive never supported suggestions that force name exalts or auto-name them, not just because of the fact that its rude to force someone to do something with their own dragon that they might not want to or care about, but also because forcing names is going to cause a lot of spite naming to come up.

Also as far as autonaming, the RNG has a lot of horrible names that pop up, not to mention the staff has already stated that the RNG contains names that can get one in trouble, so leaving them unnamed not only protects the seller from even worse names, but also the buyer from inadvertently naming them something that could be taken offense to.
rotyou_zpsdd94a7ce.jpg
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 162 163