Back

Skins and Accents

Share and sell your skin creations with other players.
TOPIC | Sour Accents | Vitiligo Aether + Bogs
1 2 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 44 45
@Sourdeer, (double ping because I want you to see this!) thank you so much for taking the time to make another version! You honestly couldn't ask most skin-makers for such a thing, but you did and... Wow. You continuously stand out as a genuine person and phenomenal creator! Thank you so very much!
@Sourdeer, (double ping because I want you to see this!) thank you so much for taking the time to make another version! You honestly couldn't ask most skin-makers for such a thing, but you did and... Wow. You continuously stand out as a genuine person and phenomenal creator! Thank you so very much!
tumblr_inline_onpeeatHvq1toetae_540.png
o.png o.png o.png o.pngo.png o.png
jIRALXN.png
Heya, thanks for your response. I appreciate that you take my concerns seriously. It’s not so much the name of it, it’s more the fact that this condition is now turned into a frivolous ‘item’ of clothing, something for ‘fun’ to give to your dragons and ‘give’ them this condition. Except they can take it off at will and someone suffering from it can never do that. It just feels like this is making light of something serious that a lot of people struggle with.

It’d be interesting to hear input from people who have this and are willing to share. My sister happens to have a very severe type of it (50-70%) and it’s a sensitive topic so I won’t be asking her.

Heya, thanks for your response. I appreciate that you take my concerns seriously. It’s not so much the name of it, it’s more the fact that this condition is now turned into a frivolous ‘item’ of clothing, something for ‘fun’ to give to your dragons and ‘give’ them this condition. Except they can take it off at will and someone suffering from it can never do that. It just feels like this is making light of something serious that a lot of people struggle with.

It’d be interesting to hear input from people who have this and are willing to share. My sister happens to have a very severe type of it (50-70%) and it’s a sensitive topic so I won’t be asking her.

t0OITZB.png UuMMDwC.png 9kBFZN6.png
]
@saiyanbura
No need to thank me, I'm always eager to correct any of my behaviour! The tumblr post you can find over here, and thankfully a couple of people who do have vitiligo have managed to give their thoughts, alongside a couple more that have family members/friends that also have it.

Due to the wording of your post and mine I think the focus of the conversations mostly centred around 'is this an okay name', which is a shame now that you've clarified, but I have to assume that had the depiction at all been a problem, those with vitiligo would have mentioned that in their replies.

A couple of people did touch on what you're saying, that accents depicting vitiligo at all could be seen to be trivialising their struggles or the hardships they've faced due to it. On the other hand, a few of the responses from people with vitiligo expressed that they found it to be a kind of, positive representation of it or that having the option to represent the trait at all was something people with vitiligo sought out and enjoyed.

I can't speak to how others use my accents, but I know personally that the one dragon I've used it on has never taken it off since, because it's become a part of who that dragon is. It's not meant to be seen as a, passing trend or something they could take off but rather a part of who they are. If I had the ability to make them an irremovable item I would, but quite simply I don't.

I don't have the ability to see how the accents sold have been used, but I can say that some of the dragons I've used in my dragon spotlight have had it for 2-3 years, since the accent was first printed. You could also very easily apply the same logic of accents promoting trivialisation to skins depicting amputations or prostheses, for example.

It hasn't been a terribly long time since I initially posted (about 12ish hours) so it's entirely possible more people give their input later. However in my experience, posts normally get the bulk of replies pretty soon after posting, and as of me responding to you, nobody with vitiligo has expressed a similar concern to yours.

I understand completely not wanting to cause your sister any distress by asking her opinion on it, and for now at least, I won't be asking to have the names of the accents changed, nor to have them taken down (which honestly I'm not sure is even possible, accents afaik are only removed from the site due to breaking TOS or using site assets, not to mention the fact that it would be pretty much impossible to refund any and everyone who bought one).

If as time goes on and there is more feedback from people who have vitiligo and they agree that yes, these accents are belittling the experiences and emotions of those with vitiligo, I will not hesitate to get them renamed.

As it stands, if anything the responses have given me the indication that they could in fact be seen as a net positive, even if only ever so slightly in their ability to spread awareness and be a non-painful portrayal of vitiligo.
@saiyanbura
No need to thank me, I'm always eager to correct any of my behaviour! The tumblr post you can find over here, and thankfully a couple of people who do have vitiligo have managed to give their thoughts, alongside a couple more that have family members/friends that also have it.

Due to the wording of your post and mine I think the focus of the conversations mostly centred around 'is this an okay name', which is a shame now that you've clarified, but I have to assume that had the depiction at all been a problem, those with vitiligo would have mentioned that in their replies.

A couple of people did touch on what you're saying, that accents depicting vitiligo at all could be seen to be trivialising their struggles or the hardships they've faced due to it. On the other hand, a few of the responses from people with vitiligo expressed that they found it to be a kind of, positive representation of it or that having the option to represent the trait at all was something people with vitiligo sought out and enjoyed.

I can't speak to how others use my accents, but I know personally that the one dragon I've used it on has never taken it off since, because it's become a part of who that dragon is. It's not meant to be seen as a, passing trend or something they could take off but rather a part of who they are. If I had the ability to make them an irremovable item I would, but quite simply I don't.

I don't have the ability to see how the accents sold have been used, but I can say that some of the dragons I've used in my dragon spotlight have had it for 2-3 years, since the accent was first printed. You could also very easily apply the same logic of accents promoting trivialisation to skins depicting amputations or prostheses, for example.

It hasn't been a terribly long time since I initially posted (about 12ish hours) so it's entirely possible more people give their input later. However in my experience, posts normally get the bulk of replies pretty soon after posting, and as of me responding to you, nobody with vitiligo has expressed a similar concern to yours.

I understand completely not wanting to cause your sister any distress by asking her opinion on it, and for now at least, I won't be asking to have the names of the accents changed, nor to have them taken down (which honestly I'm not sure is even possible, accents afaik are only removed from the site due to breaking TOS or using site assets, not to mention the fact that it would be pretty much impossible to refund any and everyone who bought one).

If as time goes on and there is more feedback from people who have vitiligo and they agree that yes, these accents are belittling the experiences and emotions of those with vitiligo, I will not hesitate to get them renamed.

As it stands, if anything the responses have given me the indication that they could in fact be seen as a net positive, even if only ever so slightly in their ability to spread awareness and be a non-painful portrayal of vitiligo.
I am terrible at responding to pings and messages, but I will respond eventually! If I don't the ping probably got lost or I just forgot to, so no worries pinging/messaging me again. It's never anything personal!
@lykewake
Sure thing! I'll send off a ten pack, and set up a PA when they come in? Or you can send me 500g now in a crossroads or PM and I'll send you your copy when they come in. Whatever is easiest for you C:
@lykewake
Sure thing! I'll send off a ten pack, and set up a PA when they come in? Or you can send me 500g now in a crossroads or PM and I'll send you your copy when they come in. Whatever is easiest for you C:
I am terrible at responding to pings and messages, but I will respond eventually! If I don't the ping probably got lost or I just forgot to, so no worries pinging/messaging me again. It's never anything personal!
@Amut @kaio @epher
Hey! You're all on the reprint list for

It's been a while so if you're no longer interested no worries C: Also if I've already pinged you all for a reprint of this that I've just forgotten about, I'm very sorry about that, my memory is terrible!

They're here on the AH if you guys still want a copy C:
@Amut @kaio @epher
Hey! You're all on the reprint list for

It's been a while so if you're no longer interested no worries C: Also if I've already pinged you all for a reprint of this that I've just forgotten about, I'm very sorry about that, my memory is terrible!

They're here on the AH if you guys still want a copy C:
Thanks! Nabbed a copy off the AH.
Thanks! Nabbed a copy off the AH.
ybwf4f9.gif
@Sourdeer Hey, I accidentally bought a Vitligo Coatl F by mistake. Could I trade it back to you for an SD vitiligo?
@Sourdeer Hey, I accidentally bought a Vitligo Coatl F by mistake. Could I trade it back to you for an SD vitiligo?
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
@Amut
Yep thats no problem at all, I'll set up a CR!
@Amut
Yep thats no problem at all, I'll set up a CR!
@Sourdeer

Hi there! I was just wondering if you were ever going to do a reprint of the Pearlcatcher Female Vitiligo? I'd like to nab 2 of them if/when you do! ouo
@Sourdeer

Hi there! I was just wondering if you were ever going to do a reprint of the Pearlcatcher Female Vitiligo? I'd like to nab 2 of them if/when you do! ouo
..:: Clan Evermoon of the Sunbeam Ruins ::..
light_small.pngtumblr_p7kbe9PKBS1wd2atwo3_100.png38538373p.png1910.png24549739p.pngtumblr_p7kbmwAXDh1wd2atwo4_100.pnglight_small.png
@Caribou
Hey!
I wasn't actively planning on it tbh, but I had an accent pack lying around so I've sent one off and should get them back in a couple days!
I can set up some PAs once I get them back if that works for you?
@Caribou
Hey!
I wasn't actively planning on it tbh, but I had an accent pack lying around so I've sent one off and should get them back in a couple days!
I can set up some PAs once I get them back if that works for you?
1 2 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 44 45