Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Eye of the Storm
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 18 19
Tricks
Tricks was still awake, or maybe he just woke up early. Either way he was up and he was humming joyously. A weird tune that sounded like something mixed between a carnival theme and a lullaby put together as smoothly as you could get with that. His swirled eyes looking out of the cave entrance.

The dawn was coming and he gently nudged Bead with his tail. He kept humming as it seemed he was in a good mood. His deck of suites hidden away somewhere. The candles floating around him, contrasting the morning light with a soft blue glow. His magic cards floating around as usual and his feathers a glow with their normal blue. As black as night itself. While his ghostly hands floated aimlessly and without purpose while he laid there.

SeaWeed
SeaWeed woke up early, as he usually does. He looked to see that Tricks was already awake. Looking passed Tricks he saw that there was only a slight drizzle now. He thanked the Tidelord for their aid in the end. Then he turned his head back to see the Lepidolite was still asleep. He supposed he could let her rest longer.

He rested his whiskers on her as a sort of silent gesture that it was okay. That he was there for her. Though he didn’t feel that way inside, he felt her as more of a challenge for him to face and overcome. He would learn one day.

He didn’t know why he would make such a gesture when she was still asleep but he did it anyway. He flexed his paws and gladly found one of them curl around the metal staff of his Trident. He silently looked at Lepidolite as she slept. Wondering how to deal with her once she woke.

Usually he would take off to go exercise but from the sound of it Tricks was in an odd mood. He never hummed that tune unless he was thinking weirdly. So SeaWeed stayed put, not wanting to attract the attention of his companion at the moment.
Tricks
Tricks was still awake, or maybe he just woke up early. Either way he was up and he was humming joyously. A weird tune that sounded like something mixed between a carnival theme and a lullaby put together as smoothly as you could get with that. His swirled eyes looking out of the cave entrance.

The dawn was coming and he gently nudged Bead with his tail. He kept humming as it seemed he was in a good mood. His deck of suites hidden away somewhere. The candles floating around him, contrasting the morning light with a soft blue glow. His magic cards floating around as usual and his feathers a glow with their normal blue. As black as night itself. While his ghostly hands floated aimlessly and without purpose while he laid there.

SeaWeed
SeaWeed woke up early, as he usually does. He looked to see that Tricks was already awake. Looking passed Tricks he saw that there was only a slight drizzle now. He thanked the Tidelord for their aid in the end. Then he turned his head back to see the Lepidolite was still asleep. He supposed he could let her rest longer.

He rested his whiskers on her as a sort of silent gesture that it was okay. That he was there for her. Though he didn’t feel that way inside, he felt her as more of a challenge for him to face and overcome. He would learn one day.

He didn’t know why he would make such a gesture when she was still asleep but he did it anyway. He flexed his paws and gladly found one of them curl around the metal staff of his Trident. He silently looked at Lepidolite as she slept. Wondering how to deal with her once she woke.

Usually he would take off to go exercise but from the sound of it Tricks was in an odd mood. He never hummed that tune unless he was thinking weirdly. So SeaWeed stayed put, not wanting to attract the attention of his companion at the moment.
lightanim1.gif~Proud member of the Light Flight.
Feeling Tricks poke her side, Beads shifted her head to look at him. He was humming an odd tune but strangely, it put her at ease. Though they hadn't known each other long, he was familiar in the face of all the chaos that had suddenly sprung up. Closing her eyes and taking a deep breath, Bead finally felt the last of the effects of her dreams wear off.

As Bead opened her eyes, she noticed the almost silence around her. She quickly turned her head to look outside. The storm had pretty much stopped! Bead made a noise that was somewhere between a squeak of joy and a purr.

"Tricks! The storm, it's stopped!" Bead quietly exclaimed. She was on her feet in a moment before she remembered the other members of their group. Bead just as quickly turned to look at SeaWeed and Lepidolite.
Feeling Tricks poke her side, Beads shifted her head to look at him. He was humming an odd tune but strangely, it put her at ease. Though they hadn't known each other long, he was familiar in the face of all the chaos that had suddenly sprung up. Closing her eyes and taking a deep breath, Bead finally felt the last of the effects of her dreams wear off.

As Bead opened her eyes, she noticed the almost silence around her. She quickly turned her head to look outside. The storm had pretty much stopped! Bead made a noise that was somewhere between a squeak of joy and a purr.

"Tricks! The storm, it's stopped!" Bead quietly exclaimed. She was on her feet in a moment before she remembered the other members of their group. Bead just as quickly turned to look at SeaWeed and Lepidolite.
”LET GO OF HER!!!”
The two Imperials crashed into each other, the bigger knocking the smaller to the ground with a snarl. Dumortierite dashed towards the strange pestilent altar, pulling the drowning skydancer from the green sludge within. She gasped, coughing up the horrible substance.
“Moukaite come on!! I’ve got Waldo, let’s get out of here before the whole clan wakes up!!” The large Imperial turned to look at her. They were both terrified.
“But what about him? What if he follows us or tells the others?!”
“It doesn’t matter! We’ll be gone by then, they won’t be able to find us but we have to go NOW!!!” The Imperial gave one last threatening snarl to the pus-eyed freak, then galloped away. Dumo followed her, dragging Waldo along as she struggled to recover. The Nocturne heard the call of the defeated toxic dragon behind them as they drew further and further away.
“You’ll never be able to escape what’s inside you!! NEVER!! THE PLAGUE NEVER RESTS!!!”

Dumortierite woke with a start, jolting up next to SeaWeed. Her breath was shallow and she struggled to get her heart rate under control. She groaned, annoyed with yet another nightmare. She turned her head to regain her bearings only for a hooded Imperial to come into view. She recognized him quickly enough, but after the nightmare it was still a terrifying sight.
She jumped and half gasped, half screamed, clutching her chest and closing her eyes in relief that her nightly tormentor hadn’t materialized next to her.
“M-morning.... SeaWeed.” She was happy she at least remembered his name. Looking around the small shelter she identified the guardian who she had attacked yesterday and that strange ghost-handed card player. Looking outside, she lit up as she saw the storm had now reduced to a drizzle. She could leave! If... they let her. She eyed each dragon in turn warily, unsure of what to do next.
”LET GO OF HER!!!”
The two Imperials crashed into each other, the bigger knocking the smaller to the ground with a snarl. Dumortierite dashed towards the strange pestilent altar, pulling the drowning skydancer from the green sludge within. She gasped, coughing up the horrible substance.
“Moukaite come on!! I’ve got Waldo, let’s get out of here before the whole clan wakes up!!” The large Imperial turned to look at her. They were both terrified.
“But what about him? What if he follows us or tells the others?!”
“It doesn’t matter! We’ll be gone by then, they won’t be able to find us but we have to go NOW!!!” The Imperial gave one last threatening snarl to the pus-eyed freak, then galloped away. Dumo followed her, dragging Waldo along as she struggled to recover. The Nocturne heard the call of the defeated toxic dragon behind them as they drew further and further away.
“You’ll never be able to escape what’s inside you!! NEVER!! THE PLAGUE NEVER RESTS!!!”

Dumortierite woke with a start, jolting up next to SeaWeed. Her breath was shallow and she struggled to get her heart rate under control. She groaned, annoyed with yet another nightmare. She turned her head to regain her bearings only for a hooded Imperial to come into view. She recognized him quickly enough, but after the nightmare it was still a terrifying sight.
She jumped and half gasped, half screamed, clutching her chest and closing her eyes in relief that her nightly tormentor hadn’t materialized next to her.
“M-morning.... SeaWeed.” She was happy she at least remembered his name. Looking around the small shelter she identified the guardian who she had attacked yesterday and that strange ghost-handed card player. Looking outside, she lit up as she saw the storm had now reduced to a drizzle. She could leave! If... they let her. She eyed each dragon in turn warily, unsure of what to do next.
Rare-Spirit.pngPlentiful-Albino.pngplagueanim1.gifUqTOVvp.gif
Tricks
“Hehe. I know. That i. s why I. woke y. ou.” He chuckled before hearing a weird scream. He looked back to see that Lepidolite had woken. He smiled evilly at her then at SeaWeed. He would let them talk for a bit. He went back to staring out into the drizzle and started humming again.

He was certainly in a good mood. Or he was in a evilly good mood. It was one of those. Either way he was content to sit and watch the morning suns rays light up the sand.

SeaWeed
His whiskers seemed to jump back as Lepidolite woke with a start. She made a weird screaming sound and sighed once she realized it was him. She greeted him and he made the best of a smile, “And good morning to you, Lepidolite...” he trailed and noticed Tricks look at him with an evil grin.

He sighed internally and asked, his voice gruff, “Um... Are you... alright.... you seemed to have a nightmare... and did I remind you of someone in that nightmare...?” He was genuinely curious about the last part. Her reaction to him wasn’t normal. “Was it.... my hood?” He rarely took it off for many reasons. One being the gills on his neck. He knows they are weird and though proud he rather not be stared at for being a weirdo.

He wants to be stared at as a great warrior. The only time he really took it off was when he was underwater. The water halo appeared for a moment while he was so deep in thought. He quickly got back his concentration and had it disappear again.

He didn’t like showing it off unless necessary. He straightened his glasses. A glint of the sun reflecting off of them a little. He gently laid his whiskers down again. Calming down himself.
Tricks
“Hehe. I know. That i. s why I. woke y. ou.” He chuckled before hearing a weird scream. He looked back to see that Lepidolite had woken. He smiled evilly at her then at SeaWeed. He would let them talk for a bit. He went back to staring out into the drizzle and started humming again.

He was certainly in a good mood. Or he was in a evilly good mood. It was one of those. Either way he was content to sit and watch the morning suns rays light up the sand.

SeaWeed
His whiskers seemed to jump back as Lepidolite woke with a start. She made a weird screaming sound and sighed once she realized it was him. She greeted him and he made the best of a smile, “And good morning to you, Lepidolite...” he trailed and noticed Tricks look at him with an evil grin.

He sighed internally and asked, his voice gruff, “Um... Are you... alright.... you seemed to have a nightmare... and did I remind you of someone in that nightmare...?” He was genuinely curious about the last part. Her reaction to him wasn’t normal. “Was it.... my hood?” He rarely took it off for many reasons. One being the gills on his neck. He knows they are weird and though proud he rather not be stared at for being a weirdo.

He wants to be stared at as a great warrior. The only time he really took it off was when he was underwater. The water halo appeared for a moment while he was so deep in thought. He quickly got back his concentration and had it disappear again.

He didn’t like showing it off unless necessary. He straightened his glasses. A glint of the sun reflecting off of them a little. He gently laid his whiskers down again. Calming down himself.
When Bead heard a weird half yelp, she flinched and jerked her head around. She found herself looking at Lepidolite, who seemed to have just woken up from a bad dream. After watching her and SeaWeed a bit longer, she settled back down. Bead would talk to her soon, after she was done talking to SeaWeed. She turned her attention to outside. Specifically to the weather. It was strange, not exactly uncommon here but something about this storm felt off.

“Tricks, I’m not sure if you believe in the Tidelord as a deity, but what do you think of that scene in your cards yesterday? I feel like it may be a sign that something is wrong, on a nearby island. And could it somehow have something to do with this storm?” Bead didn’t really know what to think. That scene definitely seemed like a sign to her. But she wanted someone else’s opinion.
When Bead heard a weird half yelp, she flinched and jerked her head around. She found herself looking at Lepidolite, who seemed to have just woken up from a bad dream. After watching her and SeaWeed a bit longer, she settled back down. Bead would talk to her soon, after she was done talking to SeaWeed. She turned her attention to outside. Specifically to the weather. It was strange, not exactly uncommon here but something about this storm felt off.

“Tricks, I’m not sure if you believe in the Tidelord as a deity, but what do you think of that scene in your cards yesterday? I feel like it may be a sign that something is wrong, on a nearby island. And could it somehow have something to do with this storm?” Bead didn’t really know what to think. That scene definitely seemed like a sign to her. But she wanted someone else’s opinion.
Tricks

Tricks looked at Bead sidelong and snorted a little. He responded with an airy tone, “Oh... I k. now the dei. ties are real. I just... never min. d. As for the sc. ene. Most certainly. The deities w. ill use anyth. ing to get help. My illusion was very c. onvenient for them...” He trailed as his voice started to fill with frustration. Something had happened when he was a hatchling.

He knew the deities existed. He knew because they were the reason magic existed. Without them, magic wouldn’t exist. It was just... he put no faith in them. It seemed they wished for help more than gave it. He thought it a nuisance and disgusting. But he knew, that the Tidelord did that, probably to get them to help with the problem they were having.

He clicked his tongue in irritation at the thought. But all the same he thought beyond that and started to hum a more up beat tune. Thinking about what a story it would be. How exciting this journey would be. Even if he would be cleaning up a mess the Tidelord couldn’t.

He smiled again and continued his humming before continuing, “In sh. ort. Yes, it was mos. t certainly a si. gn.” His tail flicked and the blue light bounced off of the gems on his hide. The ribbon dangling gently from his wings and his phantom hands floating without purpose. The markings glowing a soft blue glow.
Tricks

Tricks looked at Bead sidelong and snorted a little. He responded with an airy tone, “Oh... I k. now the dei. ties are real. I just... never min. d. As for the sc. ene. Most certainly. The deities w. ill use anyth. ing to get help. My illusion was very c. onvenient for them...” He trailed as his voice started to fill with frustration. Something had happened when he was a hatchling.

He knew the deities existed. He knew because they were the reason magic existed. Without them, magic wouldn’t exist. It was just... he put no faith in them. It seemed they wished for help more than gave it. He thought it a nuisance and disgusting. But he knew, that the Tidelord did that, probably to get them to help with the problem they were having.

He clicked his tongue in irritation at the thought. But all the same he thought beyond that and started to hum a more up beat tune. Thinking about what a story it would be. How exciting this journey would be. Even if he would be cleaning up a mess the Tidelord couldn’t.

He smiled again and continued his humming before continuing, “In sh. ort. Yes, it was mos. t certainly a si. gn.” His tail flicked and the blue light bounced off of the gems on his hide. The ribbon dangling gently from his wings and his phantom hands floating without purpose. The markings glowing a soft blue glow.
Something caught Dumo’s eye and she glanced over. She saw the Wildclaw grinning menacingly at her and SeaWeed. She gulped, her nervousness increasing tenfold, especially when SeaWeed asked her about the dream.
“Y-Yeah, it was just the hood. The dragons that attacked my clan all wore hoods so it’s a bit of a sensitive sight for me.” She wasn’t completely lying. The Imperial that had so disturbed her had also worn a hood, though he was always quite fond of taking it off and displaying the horrifying spectacle underneath. Dumo shivered just thinking about it, trying to block the image out of her mind.
A blue glow pulled her from her thoughts as a watery halo appeared around SeaWeed’s Head. Her eyes widened as she marveled at the sight before it promptly disappeared and he adjusted his glasses and relaxed his whiskers.
“What... was that?”
Genuine curiosity drove the question, but a part of her was glad for the change of subject.
Just keep talking for a little bit longer, then get your tail out of there and get was far from here as possible.
Something caught Dumo’s eye and she glanced over. She saw the Wildclaw grinning menacingly at her and SeaWeed. She gulped, her nervousness increasing tenfold, especially when SeaWeed asked her about the dream.
“Y-Yeah, it was just the hood. The dragons that attacked my clan all wore hoods so it’s a bit of a sensitive sight for me.” She wasn’t completely lying. The Imperial that had so disturbed her had also worn a hood, though he was always quite fond of taking it off and displaying the horrifying spectacle underneath. Dumo shivered just thinking about it, trying to block the image out of her mind.
A blue glow pulled her from her thoughts as a watery halo appeared around SeaWeed’s Head. Her eyes widened as she marveled at the sight before it promptly disappeared and he adjusted his glasses and relaxed his whiskers.
“What... was that?”
Genuine curiosity drove the question, but a part of her was glad for the change of subject.
Just keep talking for a little bit longer, then get your tail out of there and get was far from here as possible.
Rare-Spirit.pngPlentiful-Albino.pngplagueanim1.gifUqTOVvp.gif
SeaWeed

Ah, so it was his hood. He fidgeted for a second before he full on froze. She had seen his halo. He sighed a little and answered carefully, “It is... a water halo. A sort of blessing from the Tidelord to signify my strength... um... do you want to have a closer... look... I’ll show you... since...” he glanced over to Tricks who was in his own conversation, “since you are a friend.”

It was hard to say but Tricks said you could make a friend in a day in a few minutes so... he thought they were friends. He didn’t know what made a friend. He looked a bit uncomfortable and his whiskers twitched. He wasn’t trying to show off. He didn’t even sound like that.

He noticed that his hood, now that he thought about it, was a bit ragged and needed to be stretched out and washed. The salt that had dried on it, had made it stiff. So he took it off. Grumbling a little as he did. Yellow eyes of the light flight came to be and his gills were noticeable, even under his slick Seaweed infested hair, that still looked as if he had recently taken a dip.

He thought harder... her clan was attacked by dragons? Sure it wasn’t unheard of but it was kinda odd where she is from. Also she had said, when they had first met, that her clan was driven out by those damned bird beastmen. Had it happened separately...? He looked down at her. He could feel it now. She wasn’t telling him everything... he hated being lied to. His anger started to rise in his belly.

But then, Selory, the clan leader, came to mind. He said, “A stranger never tells the truth as truth comes with trust SeaWeed. You must remember and accept that if you are to make some outside friends.” He shook his anger off. Lepidolite had met him yesterday. Of course she wouldn’t tell him everything. So he silently sat and accepted that fact.
SeaWeed

Ah, so it was his hood. He fidgeted for a second before he full on froze. She had seen his halo. He sighed a little and answered carefully, “It is... a water halo. A sort of blessing from the Tidelord to signify my strength... um... do you want to have a closer... look... I’ll show you... since...” he glanced over to Tricks who was in his own conversation, “since you are a friend.”

It was hard to say but Tricks said you could make a friend in a day in a few minutes so... he thought they were friends. He didn’t know what made a friend. He looked a bit uncomfortable and his whiskers twitched. He wasn’t trying to show off. He didn’t even sound like that.

He noticed that his hood, now that he thought about it, was a bit ragged and needed to be stretched out and washed. The salt that had dried on it, had made it stiff. So he took it off. Grumbling a little as he did. Yellow eyes of the light flight came to be and his gills were noticeable, even under his slick Seaweed infested hair, that still looked as if he had recently taken a dip.

He thought harder... her clan was attacked by dragons? Sure it wasn’t unheard of but it was kinda odd where she is from. Also she had said, when they had first met, that her clan was driven out by those damned bird beastmen. Had it happened separately...? He looked down at her. He could feel it now. She wasn’t telling him everything... he hated being lied to. His anger started to rise in his belly.

But then, Selory, the clan leader, came to mind. He said, “A stranger never tells the truth as truth comes with trust SeaWeed. You must remember and accept that if you are to make some outside friends.” He shook his anger off. Lepidolite had met him yesterday. Of course she wouldn’t tell him everything. So he silently sat and accepted that fact.
Bead nodded her head thoughtfully. "Do you think we should find the island?" Her stomach did a weird nervous flip at the thought but if the Tidelord had contacted them, it must have been important, right? And maybe it would stop the weird storms that had been happening. "Maybe we should discuss this with SeaWeed and Lepidolite." She suggested, looking over at them having their own conversation.
Bead nodded her head thoughtfully. "Do you think we should find the island?" Her stomach did a weird nervous flip at the thought but if the Tidelord had contacted them, it must have been important, right? And maybe it would stop the weird storms that had been happening. "Maybe we should discuss this with SeaWeed and Lepidolite." She suggested, looking over at them having their own conversation.
Tricks

Tricks hummed, “I... sup. pose. Yeah. It b. e best to inc. lude them.” He shifted though he didn’t move for a moment. Before getting up and stretching. Once done he walked over to SeaWeed, casually and smiled nicely. Before sitting down a bit of a ways away to give space.

His cards dancing around him in what looked to be delight. The strange eye patterns on his black feathers looking as if they were staring at Lepidolite. His swirled eyes didn’t help in making him less creepy. The candles floating nearby. Illuminating the area with a soft blue light, that mixed with the light of the sun coming into the cave.
Tricks

Tricks hummed, “I... sup. pose. Yeah. It b. e best to inc. lude them.” He shifted though he didn’t move for a moment. Before getting up and stretching. Once done he walked over to SeaWeed, casually and smiled nicely. Before sitting down a bit of a ways away to give space.

His cards dancing around him in what looked to be delight. The strange eye patterns on his black feathers looking as if they were staring at Lepidolite. His swirled eyes didn’t help in making him less creepy. The candles floating nearby. Illuminating the area with a soft blue light, that mixed with the light of the sun coming into the cave.
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 18 19